Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
DD Saturday, how's everyone?

The usual for me, coffee w/ skim, planning a large sf/nf latte this afternoon.

Boring, I know. Saturday DDs can get me in to trouble sometimes, though. DH is at work this morning, but when he wants date night Saturdays and they are DDs, it can mess me up! We'll see how the day goes and what plans eventually happen!

How's everyone today?
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/220/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Aww date night sounds fun and romantic. What about watching a movie together at home? You could snack on veggies. My boyfriend hates DD Sundays because we usually do movie and a lunch date so tomorrow he'll be happy.

So far so good today. Went to the gym and off to the grocery store soon. Intending to buy some diet iced tea because as much as I love water it's starting to make me nutty on DDs.
LiLi914 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Hey gals

So, I weighed today-- unusual for me after a UD, but I did... down a bit. Yay. Actually back to where I was FIVE DAYS AGO! I hate "wasting" a week like that, ya know? UGH.
Anyway, not much planned for today. Did the dogs nails (one of the dogs anyway. The one who hates having his nails done luckily doesn't need them done as much.)
Will be getting my nails done shortly as well-- I hate the ticka ticka ticka when I type!

I'm semi-packed for my seemingly-monthly trip to CA. Later in the year, it will be monthly (or, I have to give up points and share teaching the course with my boss... not sure about that yet, I'm a bit of a points glutton...).

Anyway, food:

B: water, vitamins. Not feeling the lemon love today, will probably just stick to plain, or Mio.
L: try not to have any
D: probably broccoli or cabbage, turkey sausages (1.5 at 170 each), and some yogurt with cocoa.

Looking at 466 cals
30g net

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154now/final goal TBD
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD Maintenance
Start Date: March 2013
Water, water, more water. I'm going to have to watch it today, as I am feeling the desire to eat for fun, not because I am hungry, but just for the pleasure of the tastes. I'm trying to keep busy-chores, a movie, some sewing, some reading. Luckily, the weather is beautiful, so a good long walk might fit into the day, also.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I need a low DD today after yesterday got away from me a bit - um wine and pasta and garlic bread and chocolate. Hello 2.6 pound bounce. Ugh.

Played an hour of tennis so all good. Need to push more water though for all this bloat.

4pm - cucumber slices on 2 magic pops, 1 light laughing cow - 84 cals
Not sure about later. Maybe some ff Greek yogurt.

Have a great trip Soren. I am glad you got good scale news before you left. Sounds like a good plan!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Safe travels Soren!

I have been battling headaches my last two DD's. I don't think I've been eating up to my UD's and that's been killing me. Headaches be gone!
Old 04-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Oh yuck, Lisa, headaches are terrible!!

No date night afterall tonight (fine with me on a DD!). DH is taking DS1 out for a e-way driving practice and I have the other 2 and their friends. Going with original coffee/latte plans for the day. I *did* just have 1 Hershey's kiss, though.

Soren, safe trip girl!

sirtain, a walk sounds heavenly! Freezing still here.

TJ, ooh, tennis sounds great! So does your UD foods from yesterday! Well worth the 2# bounce, IMO. I'm sure it'll be down tomorrow!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
Start Date: 4/2/13
Checking in on my DD today. Had a bit of an UUAD yesterday. At about 1000 cals over goal. I swore to myself that I was going to hit the treadmill today and burn about 700 cals off to try and level out the situation before my next weigh-in tomorrow morning. Has anyone tried this strategy after taking it too far on an UD?

I will probably still hit a bit of a bounce, but I did the crime, so I guess I have to do the time. Lesson learned! Tortillas are really not the thing for me to be having in the house, even on an UD. I am good with crackers and toasts of different sorts, but not bread-y items I suppose. Maybe I will investigate lo carb tortillas.

So far, not hungry yet today. Considering the death by tortilla of yesterday, this is a truly great thing!

The good news is that my shipment from Netrition is scheduled to finally arrive on Monday. I cannot wait to dig into that choc PB2 and marshmallow Walden Farms!
DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/199/147?
WOE: JUDDD modified
Start Date: July 11, 2012
Hi Ladies!

Trying for a low-ish DD to hopefully get my losses going this month. I'm trying a new DD dinner, and I think it's going to be yummy. It's sliced cucumber, which I'm planning on spreading with 2 wedges light creamy swiss from Crystal Farms and 2 oz smoked salmon for a total of 226 cals.

My plan is for that to be my only food and doing various low cal/no cal drinks for the rest of the day. So far, so good. Not hungry today which is such a relief as my last two DDs have been hard.

I tried "KeVita sparkling probiotic drink" in coconut, which is only 10 cals for 15 oz. I'm not a huge fan -- synergy kombucha trilogy for 60 cals is much better -- but it seems healthy and I'm happy about the 10 cals.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ringamajig
Stats: 187.0/175.5/150.0 Start JUDDD 3-23-13
WOE: JUDDD?
Start Date: 3-23-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSHMith View Post
Checking in on my DD today. Had a bit of an UUAD yesterday. At about 1000 cals over goal. I swore to myself that I was going to hit the treadmill today and burn about 700 cals off to try and level out the situation before my next weigh-in tomorrow morning. Has anyone tried this strategy after taking it too far on an UD?

I will probably still hit a bit of a bounce, but I did the crime, so I guess I have to do the time. Lesson learned! Tortillas are really not the thing for me to be having in the house, even on an UD. I am good with crackers and toasts of different sorts, but not bread-y items I suppose. Maybe I will investigate lo carb tortillas.

So far, not hungry yet today. Considering the death by tortilla of yesterday, this is a truly great thing!

The good news is that my shipment from Netrition is scheduled to finally arrive on Monday. I cannot wait to dig into that choc PB2 and marshmallow Walden Farms!
Iv'e seen the PB2 in other posts, let me know how you like it once you try it. I love PB, but it is so high in calories even for an UD, I can't always stop at a serving.
Ringamajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
For dinner I made a roasting pan full of broccoli spears, sliced leeks, tossed with 2 tsp of olive oil, garlic salt and pepper- roasted at 400 for about 15-20 min. OMG it was soooo good! I just ate the whole pan for dinner. I'm stuffed and it was about 120-150 calories total I figured.

Lunch was a cup of bone broth. I never know what that is for calories - I figured about 40? does anyone know?
Pickles for snacks.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
Start Date: 4/2/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringamajig View Post
Iv'e seen the PB2 in other posts, let me know how you like it once you try it. I love PB, but it is so high in calories even for an UD, I can't always stop at a serving.
Ringa, I love PB2 I just haven't tried the chocolate flavor before. I currently eat the Better N' Peanut Butter chocolate flavor and love it. Unfortunately, it's 100 calories per serving, where the PB2 is only 45. So, I am making the switch! I especially like that you can pre-measure and easily transport PB2 (and other powdered PB brands) for lunch/snacks at work. I just measure out what I want and put it in a plastic baggie or Ziplock container. I add the water when I get to work and there is no waste.

Rant - feel free to disregard - I do really hate the waste involved with regular peanut butter (and Better N' Peanut Butter for that matter). When you throw a jar of it in the recycling bin, there is so much left in the jar you can't scrape out! That goes double for trying to transport it in a different container. I am tired of that process indeed!
DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ringamajig
Stats: 187.0/175.5/150.0 Start JUDDD 3-23-13
WOE: JUDDD?
Start Date: 3-23-13
Thanks Dash.

I think that I will be placing an order real soon.

My only meal of the day just finished, and I am stuffed! I roasted asparagus, a whole bunch with 1 tbs of EVOO, 425 degrees for 10 mins. I had 6 spears.

I also got some swai (fish) at one of the box stores today, it had 100 calories per portion. I had one of those with some lemon pepper on it. Delish.
Only 150ish calories with the fish and asparagus total.

With my coffee creamer this morning I am sitting at 210 for the day.

If I find that I need anything else, I will have a cup of strawberries (50 cal) and a 80 calorie yogurt. This would put me at 340 for the day and my DD should be 362 or lower, so great DD. Yayyyyyyyyy
Ringamajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Hey gang
Seems like a good dd all around for everyone!

Dash- I like pb2 but the chocolate isn't that chocolate-y. Not bad, but in the future, I'll just get the regular flavor.

I like the walden farms marshmallow, have you had it before? The texture is a bit odd, but I found a great use for it- I "fill" the holes in raspberries with it! Perfect amount of sweetness and vanilla.

Chris- sounds like a yummy dd meal. How did u do with it? I still can't fathom less than ~400, though some times, rarely, I think I could do just liquids.

Phoenix, others can chime in, but I count broth as about 10cal per cup. Bone broth may be higher bc I think it has more gelatin, so like maybe 20?

Question: I'm noticing my dds are starting off in sort of a,lousy mood, and improve through the day. Noticeably after I eat dinner.
Coincidence? Should I eat a little earlier?

Pickes! I like spicy ones and pickled veggies... Hmm, I think I'll get some giardinera (sp? Pickled Italian veggies) when I food shop for my hotel tomorrow....

Gnight! I'll try to post from the lounge tomorrow.
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:21 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Question: I'm noticing my dds are starting off in sort of a,lousy mood, and improve through the day. Noticeably after I eat dinner.

Soren, its a definite possibility. Might try eating a little earlier or being active in the AM in order to jump start the day.

I ended up having such a bad headache and constant hunger pains that I ate dinner at 5. I felt great after that. I'm definitely going to need to eat lunch earlier on my DD.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:10 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post

Phoenix, others can chime in, but I count broth as about 10cal per cup. Bone broth may be higher bc I think it has more gelatin, so like maybe 20?

S.
Thanks Soren - I was thinking bone broth was a bit higher in calories since I don't think I can skim off enough fat! and it definitely gels.

I have found I am very cranky in the mornings too when I try to save most of my calories for later. And I can get headachey. I'm jealous of those people that can last until dinner without eating but I am just not one of them.

And as usual... I had planned this huge breakfast on today's UD (steak and eggs) but now I don't want it! Always amazes me. I wake up on a DD thinking "I'll never make it through" and on an UD I think "I'll never eat enough". HA!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote