Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Friday - menus and plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/801958-dd-friday-menus-plans.html)

kh155 04-12-2013 05:37 AM

DD Friday - menus and plans

Good Morning Everyone!
I didn't see a thread for this yet today so thought I'd jump in and start it.

Today will be my 2nd DD.
I'm drinking tea and crystal light until dinner and keeping myself occupied until then.

I'm keeping to roughly 500 calories for now on my DD as I'm still a bit scared. :hyst:

Dinner will be:
can of tuna on a bed of lettuce, red onion, mandarin orange sections, Renée's yogurt/cucumber/dill dressing and baby carrots to snack on.
With the cream in my tea the day comes in at 455 calories.

I hope Everyone has a fantastic DD! :clap:

~ Karen

KeirasMom 04-12-2013 05:39 AM

Happy Friday!

B: Tea, Click espresso shake (120)
L: Small Wendy's chili with TJ's habanero hot sauce (210)
D: Probably miso (25)

Silverrain 04-12-2013 05:51 AM

Indeed - happy Friday!!

B: Coffee w/1 tbsp creamer
L: Water or tea, chicken broth
D: Salad with mostly veggies, and a little bit of dressing and cheese.

I should come in today around 380 calories. I am going grocery shopping again today as I'm having people over tomorrow. I'm cooking, so need to gather the ingredients. Wish me luck for more shopping on a DD! I made it through last time, so fingers crossed.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!! :D

scalestepper 04-12-2013 06:44 AM

oops wrong thread

Kimberli33 04-12-2013 06:50 AM

Plan- calorie free liquids only as long as possible,potato if needed.

Librarygirl 04-12-2013 06:54 AM

Nothing but coffee and lemon water so far. I left part of my BPC in the car this morning.:annoyed: I thought about going out and retrieving it, but then I thought, well I won't have to count the whole cup!:rofl:

Thinking about trying that shrimp recipe someone posted yesterday...Will have to mostly abstain from anything till then.

LoCarbGal 04-12-2013 07:23 AM

Happy Friday! It's an egg day around these parts...

B: Coffee/HWC
L: Iced tea
S: Iced coffee/HWC
D: 4 hard boiled eggs

Total - 286

Putz 04-12-2013 07:39 AM

Lemon Water so far. I do better with my appetite if I wait as long as I possibly can before breakfast.
Planning on:
B: Sugar free jello 40 cal
L: Progresso Light Beef Pot Roast Soup 160 cal (for whole can)
D:1/2 cup eggbeaters with Tbs bacon bits, 1 Cup cooked broccoli 140 cal
Snack if needed will be FF Hot Choc 50 cal

Hope we all have outstanding DD's!!

Mamatomany 04-12-2013 08:01 AM

I'm gonna try the BPC and then eat just a dinner. It is one of my dd kbirthdays so it will be busy baking cakes and making homemade stuff she loves...I WILL not eat outside my parameters..I WILL NOT eat outside my parameters today I promise ;)

Never Too Late 04-12-2013 08:06 AM

Hi all, I hope you have a great Friday! I was up a pound this morning, yeeks! Must have been that blasted whole-wheat pizza for dinner last night. Yeast! Bloat! Horror!

Hope to turn it all around by getting in a lot of activity today and eating fish plus veg from the local Farmer's market. Not to mention water, water and green tea!

Fast Day Menu:

B. egg white scramble with 20 grams lox, onions, capers. Small side of asparagus - 89 cal.

L. Non-fat tortilla soup (microscopic baked tortilla strips as garnish) - 75 Cal. cup

D. Alaskan flounder ala "no-washing dishes" parchment paper, and fresh vegetables - 130 calories

Snack: Diet jello with 2 T. nonfat cottage cheese (cal ?)

Total: Approx 300 calories

Enjoy your day!

L/Cyn

adillenal 04-12-2013 09:16 AM

DD
B - 2 eggs, SF apricot preserves, 1 slice bacon, coffee with HWC (300)
L - lettuce and raw spinach with a tuna pouch and FF dressing (this will be the first salad I have ever eaten on a DD) (100)
D - soup with shiritaki rice (140)

Demonica 04-12-2013 10:26 AM

B- BP coffee, coffee with HWC (145)
L- hot tea, water, iced tea, possibly another BP coffee (95)
S- 1/4 C tuna, 1/2 tbsp mayo for tuna salad, 1 HB egg, 1/2 tbsp mayo and some mustard mixed together for an egg salad type thing (220)

460 total

Luv2Eat 04-12-2013 12:30 PM

Potato's today!

AndyBFK 04-12-2013 01:04 PM

Happy Friday!

Gosh these DD menu threads are invaluable to me. They really keep me accountable for my DD's!

I tried this week to wait as long as possible before I ate. When I did eat, I made SURE it was a high protein (or all protein) meal. No go. My blood sugar has been all over the place. I was so hoping i could get away with liquid all day until dinner or late afternoon, but, as soon as I eat something I go into a BS tailspin even if it's all protein that I eat. I already messed that up today by not eating until 6 hours after I woke up and am not feeling great at the moment! Will plan better for Sunday!

B: Coffee - 0
L: 2 hardboiled eggs, touch of FF mayo, splash hot sauce, spread on a Wasa- 185 Cal
S: cup of Miso - 15 Cal
D: I think some grilled chicken, mixed greens, FF balsamic

b_lou_who 04-12-2013 01:27 PM

b 1.5 cup carrot/ginger/chili/ coconut soup 50cal
l 3 cups organic heirloom greens with peach dressing, yellow cherry tomatoes, half cup cultured cottage cheese
d probably just a little SunWarrior in water

Kimberli33 04-12-2013 04:43 PM

Finishing this day with ZERO calories:up:

tofucheez 04-12-2013 04:45 PM

blou-

I had to google Sunwarrior to see what it was......As a vegan, this looks interesting. Do you have a favorite formulation?

thanks!

KeirasMom 04-12-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16368673)
Happy Friday!

B: Tea, Click espresso shake (120)
L: Small Wendy's chili with TJ's habanero hot sauce (210)
D: Probably miso (25)

I was having a particularly easy, non-hungry DD, but the last hour or so I've gotten famished. I'll have 100g each of celery and peeled cucumber with some WF dressing for dinner and see if that tames the beast (26 calories total). We shall see . . . .

KeirasMom 04-12-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tofucheez (Post 16369921)
blou-

I had to google Sunwarrior to see what it was......As a vegan, this looks interesting. Do you have a favorite formulation?

thanks!

I have the vanilla Warrior Blend and it's pretty good. I actually forgot I had it, and am obsessed with the espresso shakes right now, but I'll go back to the Sun Warrior at some point.

Librarygirl 04-12-2013 07:46 PM

Dawn, may I ask where you bought the espresso shakes? I found them online at GNC ($29.00?). I assume they would also have them in the store. Is that about the right price? Do you prefer the mocha or vanilla? I really want to try them. :)

Kimberli33 04-12-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16370153)
Dawn, may I ask where you bought the espresso shakes? I found them online at GNC ($29.00?). I assume they would also have them in the store. Is that about the right price? Do you prefer the mocha or vanilla? I really want to try them. :)

netrition has them

Librarygirl 04-13-2013 05:38 AM

Thanks, Kim. I will compare prices. :)

Netrition is way cheaper!!

KeirasMom 04-13-2013 06:00 AM

:doh: I didn't even check Netrition! They are less here. :doh:

I'm not the most patient person, and tend to run out and buy something when I want it, rather than making a list, ordering, and waiting for shipping. I paid $23.99 per canister (I have 4 now!) at the Vitamin Shoppe. Looks like they're only $20.99 at Netrition!