Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Hi Everyone! I'm back to JUDDD too (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/801878-hi-everyone-im-back-juddd-too.html)

kh155 04-11-2013 12:50 PM

Hi Everyone! I'm back to JUDDD too

I thought I'd better reintroduce myself after a very brief time here and a very long absence.
Last year, after reading through all the posts and seeing so many success stories with JUDDD, I wanted to try it for myself. Unfortunately, I didn't stick with it after failing miserably with DD and bingeing horribly on UD. I didn't take time to experiment and find out how to make the plan work for me.

Well, with the 5:2 plan making its way around the world, I was re-inspired to try my hand at JUDDD once again. I think the EOD method will be better for me for weight loss in the beginning.
Yesterday was my first DD and this time I figured out that it's best for me to wait until dinner time to eat all my calories. Once I start eating, I don't want to stop! Having a nice big dinner is comforting to me. I drank tea and crystal light through the day and kept myself busy.

If I could just overcome my impatience, I would have this weight loss thing in the bag. For all the years I've tried to lose weight, if I could've lost just 1/2 pound PER MONTH I'd be reed thin by now. :laugh:

Anyway, hi to EveryOne!

~Karen

Lori_:) 04-11-2013 12:53 PM

Hi Karen,

I'm still trying to find my way here as well. I'm currently doing 4:3 and am anxiously awaiting my Saturday morning weigh in to see how its working. I need to pick a plan and stick to it for a month or 2. I'm terribly impatient!

Good luck on your journey. I'm sure we'll figure this out eventually!

KeirasMom 04-11-2013 12:59 PM

:welcome: back!

SlowSure 04-11-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori_:) (Post 16367585)
I'm still trying to find my way here as well. I'm currently doing 4:3 and am anxiously awaiting my Saturday morning weigh in to see how its working. I need to pick a plan and stick to it for a month or 2. I'm terribly impatient.

I have a friend who's been known to go through 3 diet plans between breakfast and lunch so you're definitely not alone. :)

Good luck to both of you, Karen and Lori_

kh155 04-11-2013 02:01 PM

Thanks for the Welcomes Ladies!

Lori, I definitely need to stick to a plan for more than a week or two to see how it really works.
We CAN & WILL do this!

DaSHMith 04-11-2013 02:05 PM

Welcome back Karen and Lori:hiya:
I am a newbie here and have been doing JUDDD for 9 days. I most definitely hear you on the impatience. I have not lost any weight yet on JUDDD, though I do feel it is the easiest plan out there. Until now, I have had issues with staying on track for a few days and bingeing if the scale did not cooperate. Sticking with it is worth it for the sense of accomplishment in and of itself. I know that when I meet my calorie goal on a DD, I feel good about myself. Plus, I feel liberated in thinking of the thousands of ways I could spend the UD calories. though I have not lost anything yet, I do feel like this WOE is sustainable. :jumpjoy:

JMBM 04-11-2013 02:13 PM

:welcome: back Karen! Awesome place to be!:up:

JMBM 04-11-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Hi Karen,

I'm still trying to find my way here as well. I'm currently doing 4:3 and am anxiously awaiting my Saturday morning weigh in to see how its working. I need to pick a plan and stick to it for a month or 2. I'm terribly impatient!

Lori are you doing M,W,F DD's? Thought about giving that a go, but love going out on Friday's or grilling out.:stars: Idk if I'd actually lose on 5:2.:dunno: I think I could definitely maintain, but not sure on losing any. How's yours going?

Mamatomany 04-11-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Hi Karen,

We must be on the same plan :). Great minds think alike don't they :high5:

Mamatomany 04-11-2013 02:20 PM

Well I forgot to say welcome back :/. I'm sure you will do fantastic!

Lori_:) 04-11-2013 02:24 PM

Yes, I'm doing M-W-F as DD's. This is my first week......I'll be sure to let you know how it goes when I weigh in on Saturday. I was trying Fast 5, but decided I needed the DD's to keep my calories in check. I'm going to have some weeks that are 5:2 as I have a couple long weekend trips coming up. I know I'll be losing slowly, but as long as the trend is down....I can live with it!

Kimmietoo 04-11-2013 02:30 PM

Welcome back, Karen! We're glad that you found your way back here and wish you the very best of luck.

Lori, thank you for letting us know how the 4:3 cycle works for you.

Such flexibility we have in making this plan be optimal for our own circumstances. Gotta love that!!!

Kimmie

Librarygirl 04-11-2013 03:00 PM

Welcome back!!!

Never Too Late 04-11-2013 03:18 PM

Welcome home Karen and Lori. So good to meet you!

L/Cyn

Kissa 04-11-2013 03:56 PM

Good to see you back Karen. We love to see old friends again.

kh155 04-11-2013 04:56 PM

I love this place!
It is a nice, warm place with so many friendly, helpful people.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes. :heart:

JMBM 04-11-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori_:) (Post 16367739)
Yes, I'm doing M-W-F as DD's. This is my first week......I'll be sure to let you know how it goes when I weigh in on Saturday. I was trying Fast 5, but decided I needed the DD's to keep my calories in check. I'm going to have some weeks that are 5:2 as I have a couple long weekend trips coming up. I know I'll be losing slowly, but as long as the trend is down....I can live with it!

Yes please do! I'm curious to see 5:2 results. I guess I could look on the "weigh in" threads, but idk for sure who all is 5:2 but a few people. I know Dawn, Kissa (Cindy), and I think scalestepper, and momand23kids? Not sure if I got her screen name correct.:dunno: But I guess I need to check out their weigh in's to see what the scales are saying for them. I guess in the back of my mind I have this doubt that keeps saying "works for them, but won't for you". Which is really going to make me sad if it's the case b/c I'm really looking forward to 5:2.:aprayer:

Carly 04-11-2013 07:55 PM

Welcome back Karen!

I did strick every other day rotations for weight loss. My first 5 weeks of maintenance I did 4:3 but lost 3 pounds in those 5 weeks so dropped down to 5:2 and my weight loss has totally stopped, which for me is good, but would not be good if I was trying to lose still.

LoCarbGal 04-11-2013 10:24 PM

:welcome: back!

Chalagurl 04-12-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kh155 (Post 16367580)

If I could just overcome my impatience, I would have this weight loss thing in the bag. For all the years I've tried to lose weight, if I could've lost just 1/2 pound PER MONTH I'd be reed thin by now. :laugh:

Hahaha that is so true for me too! I never thought about it like that! Slow and steady wins the race right? :hyst:

JMBM 04-12-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16368317)
Welcome back Karen!

I did strick every other day rotations for weight loss. My first 5 weeks of maintenance I did 4:3 but lost 3 pounds in those 5 weeks so dropped down to 5:2 and my weight loss has totally stopped, which for me is good, but would not be good if I was trying to lose still.

Yeah, the 4:3 is what I'm trying. Watching very closely however. If it looks like I'm maintaining then back to JUDDD I go. I'm getting close to maintenance now so I don't want to blow it. This is my first week of having Fri, Sat, Sun UD. M was a DD, Tues was a MD, Wed was UD, and Thurs was DD. I'm thinking of Sat. being a 600 or so day. I don't know if that's technically truly 4:3, but just playing around with it.:dunno:

JMBM 04-12-2013 05:59 AM

Actually I really don't have a prob w/ reg. JUDDD. It's just that rotation where Sat and Sun are DD that just kills me. It's like the whole weekend is a downer.:cry: If I could figure out a way around that then I wouldn't worry with switching to the 5:2 or 4:3.:dunno:

Sirtain 04-12-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16368317)
Welcome back Karen!

I did strict every other day rotations for weight loss. My first 5 weeks of maintenance I did 4:3 but lost 3 pounds in those 5 weeks so dropped down to 5:2 and my weight loss has totally stopped, which for me is good, but would not be good if I was trying to lose still.

Thanks for posting this. It is always interesting to see how people MAINTAIN after they lose. I am hoping that 5:2 will be a good maintenance plan, and seeing that you and mom23kids use it is good to know.

lisamt 04-12-2013 04:40 PM

Welcome back! I went through a similar struggle last year with JUDDD and ended up quitting. Eating whatever I wanted on UD's did not work well for me.

I went back to low carb 3+ months ago, and this week I started 5:2 along with it. I can lose on LC but progress is slow. I'm hoping that 5:2 will help speed things up. I figure at the very least, I'll reap some of the health benefits from calorie restriction. :)

Babsbabs 04-12-2013 04:47 PM

Welcome back Karen! JUDDD is a great way to lose weight and keep it off, but it does take a little bit of experimenting (as you know) to find out what works for both the UD's and DD's. For weight loss alternate day fasting worked the best for me too. I do less DD's a week for maintenance.

AndyBFK 04-12-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kh155 (Post 16368040)
I love this place!
It is a nice, warm place with so many friendly, helpful people.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes. :heart:

Isn't it!!! I'm a newbie just a few weeks in. But this is defenitly the friendliest and most supportive weightless board I've been too. Makes you want to stck with this diet just to stick around this board!

:welcome:

kh155 04-12-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBFK (Post 16369935)
Isn't it!!! I'm a newbie just a few weeks in. But this is defenitly the friendliest and most supportive weightless board I've been too. Makes you want to stick with this diet just to stick around this board!
:welcome:

Exactly! +100000000 :hugs:

kh155 04-12-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisamt (Post 16369911)
Welcome back! I went through a similar struggle last year with JUDDD and ended up quitting. Eating whatever I wanted on UD's did not work well for me.

I went back to low carb 3+ months ago, and this week I started 5:2 along with it. I can lose on LC but progress is slow. I'm hoping that 5:2 will help speed things up. I figure at the very least, I'll reap some of the health benefits from calorie restriction. :)

Thanks for sharing this. It's good to know I wasn't the only one struggling with finding my way last year.

Again ... thank you so much Everyone for the :welcome:!