Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I'm back and LOVING it! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/801839-im-back-loving.html)

Manday 04-11-2013 08:45 AM

I'm back and LOVING it!

Well, I was here about a year ago and loved Judding, then I fell off the wagon, got run over by said wagon, and allowed myself to talk myself out of climbing back on. I woke up Monday and decided it was a good day to try again, with a slightly modified plan and I think I'm here to stay. I'd forgotten how wonderful I felt while doing this plan and how great it feels to either not be hungry at all (a major feat for me as I am ALWAYS hungry, even while or immediately after eating) or to be manageably hungry and not 'so sick I have to eat whatever's handy' hungry.

My modification is to eat at the levels I would if I were at my 'get there and see what happens next' goal weight. So, I'm eating about 1700-1800 calories on my UDs and about 1000 calories on my DDs. I mostly fast in the mornings by drinking tea with Splenda and K2O protein water. On my UDs, I know I won't meet my calories if I don't eat something for lunch, so I'll have some kind of salad with minimal carbs to trip my cravings.

I have not weighed yet and will probably not do so until next Monday. The numbers drive me crazy and I feel so good right now, I don't care what the scale says.

I was very pleasantly surprised by how easy it's been to start this again. I expected a few really hard days and I've just been cruising along so far. Here's hoping it keeps up!

Anyway, I just wanted to say 'HI!' and 'I'm Back!' Looking forward to reading all of the wonderful posts on here again!

JMBM 04-11-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manday (Post 16367051)
Well, I was here about a year ago and loved Judding, then I fell off the wagon, got run over by said wagon, and allowed myself to talk myself out of climbing back on. I woke up Monday and decided it was a good day to try again, with a slightly modified plan and I think I'm here to stay. I'd forgotten how wonderful I felt while doing this plan and how great it feels to either not be hungry at all (a major feat for me as I am ALWAYS hungry, even while or immediately after eating) or to be manageably hungry and not 'so sick I have to eat whatever's handy' hungry.

My modification is to eat at the levels I would if I were at my 'get there and see what happens next' goal weight. So, I'm eating about 1700-1800 calories on my UDs and about 1000 calories on my DDs. I mostly fast in the mornings by drinking tea with Splenda and K2O protein water. On my UDs, I know I won't meet my calories if I don't eat something for lunch, so I'll have some kind of salad with minimal carbs to trip my cravings.

I have not weighed yet and will probably not do so until next Monday. The numbers drive me crazy and I feel so good right now, I don't care what the scale says.

I was very pleasantly surprised by how easy it's been to start this again. I expected a few really hard days and I've just been cruising along so far. Here's hoping it keeps up!

Anyway, I just wanted to say 'HI!' and 'I'm Back!' Looking forward to reading all of the wonderful posts on here again!

:welcome: back Manday! JUDDD rocks doesn't it.:sing::D

Flutter 04-11-2013 09:11 AM

Good for you! It's awesome you feel so great...definitely motivation in itself. :)

Whitlin' 04-11-2013 09:21 AM

Hi again, Manday. Nice to see your cute avatar photo again. We used to post together a lot in the daily weight tracker thread. Hope you have a great experience with return to JUDDD.

Kimmietoo 04-11-2013 09:25 AM

:welcome: back, Manday! I look forward to getting to know you! It's wonderful that you've found your way back and are doing the necessary mods to make the program work its best for you.

Kimmie

LoCarbGal 04-11-2013 09:37 AM

:welcome: back! How exciting that you made your way back here. I'll look forward to getting to know you!

KeirasMom 04-11-2013 09:42 AM

:welcome: back!

Chalagurl 04-11-2013 10:35 AM

:welcome: Back!!! I've recently come back myself (2 weeks ago) and have lost about 5 lbs and finding it so easy to stick with my DD and UD calories. And I never feel deprived or depressed like most other diets! I should have never left in the first place!

zipp2play 04-11-2013 10:41 AM

Love having you back! Let me just suggest, if the numbers drive you crazy, don't weigh every day! Don't let that scale and the numbers on it have control! Can't wait to read more from you!

kh155 04-11-2013 12:15 PM

Hi!

I'm back again as well after a very brief whisper through here a while back.
Yesterday was my first DD and it went very well after I figured out that I need to save all my DD calories for the end of the day.

I hope to see you here often and witness your success with JUDDDing!

~ Karen

Never Too Late 04-11-2013 03:21 PM

A warm welcome back, Manday. You are surrounded by friends here and we are cheering you on.

L/Cyn

Kissa 04-11-2013 03:54 PM

Lovely to see you back, I remember that lovely avatar too!

Wy don't you returners post on the April Newbie thread, I know your experiences would help the real Newbies?

Librarygirl 04-11-2013 04:39 PM

Welcome back!!! Here's to much success and happy dieting!!! :)

calichris 04-13-2013 08:25 PM

Welcome back! I'm so interested to see how your variation goes. So glad you're feeling great, too. :up: