Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Anyone catch Eat, Fast and Live Longer on PBS? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/801642-anyone-catch-eat-fast-live-longer-pbs.html)

grannysmith 04-09-2013 02:59 PM

Anyone catch Eat, Fast and Live Longer on PBS?

It's a documentary about fasting, extreme calorie restriction, etc. with research and more. I'm sure it will rerun, but available at PBS online as well.

mom23kids 04-09-2013 03:02 PM

Dr. Mosley's plan is most commonly referred to as the 5:2 plan-there's a few of us doing this as an alternative to JUDDD. Both follow the same idea, but JUDDD does every other day rotations whereas Mosley's plan only has two calorie restricted/fasting days a week. There's some of us who have lost our weight doing JUDDD and then transitioned to 5:2 for maintenance :)

LoCarbGal 04-09-2013 03:03 PM

Yes! I'd seen it online several months ago, and DVR'd it when it aired last week so I can watch it whenever I want to. Dr. Michael Moseley has an exercise show coming on this Wednesday night, and one called "Guts" the next Wednesday. I'm going to catch them all!

Whitlin' 04-09-2013 03:09 PM

Hi, GrannySmith.

Our weekly threads about Eat, Fast and Live Longer (and the subsequent book, The Fast Diet) are called "JUDDING & 5/2" with dates behind the titles. Check them out. All posting there would enjoy having you join in.

grannysmith 04-09-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16363847)
Yes! I'd seen it online several months ago, and DVR'd it when it aired last week so I can watch it whenever I want to. Dr. Michael Moseley has an exercise show coming on this Wednesday night, and one called "Guts" the next Wednesday. I'm going to catch them all!

Is that on PBS? Is the Guts one about enteroimmunology? I've been studying that lately.

grannysmith 04-09-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitlin' (Post 16363865)
Hi, GrannySmith.

Our weekly threads about Eat, Fast and Live Longer (and the subsequent book, The Fast Diet) are called "JUDDING & 5/2" with dates behind the titles. Check them out. All posting there would enjoy having you join in.

Will do...he didn't mention his book!

grannysmith 04-09-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16363845)
Dr. Mosley's plan is most commonly referred to as the 5:2 plan-there's a few of us doing this as an alternative to JUDDD. Both follow the same idea, but JUDDD does every other day rotations whereas Mosley's plan only has two calorie restricted/fasting days a week. There's some of us who have lost our weight doing JUDDD and then transitioned to 5:2 for maintenance :)

I liked the research info, I'm pretty much a book nerd meself
:shake: It got me motivated!

mom23kids 04-09-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannysmith (Post 16363890)
Will do...he didn't mention his book!

I'm on a very long wait list for it at my library, it's super popular right now!

I do a modified 5:2 plan for maintenance-I do one md (mid calorie day) of about 900 calories and then one dd (down day/fasting day) of 500 calories each week. Then the other 5 days I don't count calories at all. That's the great thing about IF (intermittent fasting) plans like JUDDD and 5:2, you can customize them to fit your individual lifestyle :)

LoCarbGal 04-09-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannysmith (Post 16363888)
Is that on PBS? Is the Guts one about enteroimmunology? I've been studying that lately.

Yes, it's on PBS. The guts one is "Guts with Michael Moseley - Michael Moseley explores the human digestive tract." There's probably more info on the PBS website. Sounds like it may be up your alley.

grannysmith 04-09-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16363902)
Yes, it's on PBS. The guts one is "Guts with Michael Moseley - Michael Moseley explores the human digestive tract." There's probably more info on the PBS website. Sounds like it may be up your alley.

HA!:hyst: I was just over there, couldn't find anything about Guts, but i'm betting...have to watch for it.