Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cookie34
Stats: 273/186/150
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: 5/20/2012
Granny,

How is JUDD treating you? Have you saw a weight loss?
cookie34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Hi Kandi with a k ;~)...yesterday i did a little carb fest for the 1st UD, just to see what happens...and today I'm starving. I'm at about 350 cals, I brought a quart of lo sodium beef broth to keep my tummy happy through work tonight. Haven't had the nerve to weigh myself, but i'm nowhere as bloated as i would be normally after eating all those carbs.

The first DD i was most likely in ketosis from a couple days of fairly lo-carb, and it was pretty painless...the next morning i was downright giggly and energetic, didn't eat til about 2PM. Then I grazed my way through half a pot of black bean chili with tortilla chips.

so, the moral of the story is...no big carb fests on UDs...but i guess i knew that already!

THanks for asking!

Lynn
grannysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 10/13
Yeah, I don't think I'd be able to have a carb free-for-all on UD myself. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to stop.
The most I can handle is some fruit and sweet potatoes and maybe dark chocolate. I'd love to be able to scarf down some cake on UD but that might be too much to ask right now.
kh155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

my first UD, yesterday, was a carb fest, too..
Old 04-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I have carb fests (feasts) quite often. I don't find it problematic most days. Sometimes I feel like I am going to overdo it, but I'm still plugging along. I think I would rather learn how to eat all kinds of foods (and especially ones I really love) than restrict. That is, after all, why I switched to JUDDD from LC.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:36 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Once the sirtuin enzymes activate and settle in - triggered by DDs - some of us find it is amazing what we can eat on UDs and still lose.

Of course, some of us do find foods that trigger hunger, or probably because of some level of food intolerance/allergy trigger bloating and stalls. JUDDD is a wonderful way to find out what your personal body needs to be healthy while losing weight.

I encourage you to introduce forbidden foods one at a time and watch your reaction closely. If the reaction is not good, wait a month to let JUDDD work it's magic, then try again.

And, seven months into maintenance, I am beginning to believe JUDDD is the best way to maintain ever.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
Start Date: April 10/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Once the sirtuin enzymes activate and settle in - triggered by DDs - some of us find it is amazing what we can eat on UDs and still lose.

Of course, some of us do find foods that trigger hunger, or probably because of some level of food intolerance/allergy trigger bloating and stalls. JUDDD is a wonderful way to find out what your personal body needs to be healthy while losing weight.

I encourage you to introduce forbidden foods one at a time and watch your reaction closely. If the reaction is not good, wait a month to let JUDDD work it's magic, then try again.

And, seven months into maintenance, I am beginning to believe JUDDD is the best way to maintain ever.
Very helpful information, gotsomeold.
I might try some cake in a couple of weeks to see what happens. I love cake.

BTW ... I just love your avatar pic. The girl in the front makes me laugh every time I see it. Everyone looks like they're having so much fun.
kh155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:31 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:

Nancy, I am curious what you use on your calories for maintenance? Great advice here, BTW.

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ringamajig
Stats: 187.0/175.5/150.0 Start JUDDD 3-23-13
WOE: JUDDD?
Start Date: 3-23-13
Quote:

Welcome Granny and Kandi with a K.
I am fairly new here myself, so far I am finding that this is a very supportive group that I am glad to have found.

Nancy,
How long does it take for sirtuin enzymes activate and settle in? I started March 23rd, first week had a 2 pound loss, 2nd week 4 pound loss, this week official weigh-in is tomorrow and as of this morning I am up a half pound.

Thanks in advance for your response.
Rox
Ringamajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringamajig View Post
I am fairly new here myself, so far I am finding that this is a very supportive group that I am glad to have found.

Nancy,
How long does it take for sirtuin enzymes activate and settle in? I started March 23rd, first week had a 2 pound loss, 2nd week 4 pound loss, this week official weigh-in is tomorrow and as of this morning I am up a half pound.

Rox
It is different for all of us. I think I really "felt it" at about 5 weeks in. I had more energy, more appetite suppression, a taste of juddd calm, etc...

It got much stronger over the weeks and helped me settle into very low DDs (under 200 kcal) which helped ramp up my SIRTs even more IMHO.

Some people feel the full effects at 2 weeks, but I had a lot of stuff going on internally such as diabetes, chronic pain and extreme fatigue so it took some time for me, but now it's been over a week since I've had a DD just coming back from vacation and I'm only up 3 and change and I still feel the effects of SIRTs.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html

Last edited by Carly; 04-13-2013 at 08:41 AM..
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:

Nancy,

Rox
Drive-by posting. Just wanted to let you know I gained in my third week and was frustrated. Thank goodness I didn't give up! JUDDD's weird that way. It's FAIRLY steady, but throws weird weeks in every once in a while.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
It is different for all of us. I think I really "felt it" at about 5 weeks in. I had more energy, more appetite suppression, a taste of juddd calm, etc...

It got much stronger over the weeks and helped me settle into very low DDs (under 200 kcal) which helped ramp up my SIRTs even more IMHO.

Some people feel the full effects at 2 weeks, but I had a lot of stuff going on internally such as diabetes, chronic pain and extreme fatigue so it took some time for me, but now it's been over a week since I've had a DD just coming back from vacation and I'm only up 3 and change and I still feel the effects of SIRTs.
Thanks Carly.

How great is that to be on all UD for vacation and to only be up 3! From what I am seeing a good week back in rotations and you will be right back down.

Okay, so on DD I am still struggling with a little hunger, (especially after I eat first meal) and do not always stay at my 360 range. I am just starting week 4 so I really should not be around the 500 mark on a DD now. So does this mean that the SIRTs have not kicked in for me yet?

Thanks again everyone.
Rox
Old 04-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Definitely sticking to lowish-carb today! I'm thinking big fat frittata...with asparagus, bacon, a little red pepper and smoked gouda. I can eat the whole thing, with about 300 cal to spare...maybe an avocado. The resveratrol just now arrived, perfect timing!

Now i gotta get MY big fat frittata up and moving!
grannysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Thanks Carly.

Okay, so on DD I am still struggling with a little hunger, (especially after I eat first meal) and do not always stay at my 360 range. I am just starting week 4 so I really should not be around the 500 mark on a DD now. So does this mean that the SIRTs have not kicked in for me yet?

Thanks again everyone.
Rox
I only become hungry once I start eating. So I usually only have a bedtime snack on DDs. Broth or celery if I really need it during the late afternoon.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Thanks Carly.

How great is that to be on all UD for vacation and to only be up 3! From what I am seeing a good week back in rotations and you will be right back down.

Thanks again everyone.
Rox
I will echo Carly. If I eat on DD, the hunger monster wakes up. I do best drinking coffee in the morning and then having a large skinny latte in the late afternoon. Liquids seem to be best for me. (and I learned that my very 1st DD! I was starving after having a LF cheese stick)

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
Start Date: 4/2/13
Welcome Rox and Cookie!

Disclosure- I haven't been JUDDDing much longer than you (11 days so far). I had been white-knuckling it a bit through the end of some of the DDs until Wednesday. That is when I found the thread here on Pterstilbene. It is a supplement that mimics fasting and helps kick in the SIRTs (among other wonderful benefits, e.g. reduced indicators for many types of cancer). Net/net many of the JUDDDers in this group, me included, take Ptero to help lessen hunger on DDs. Some JUDDDers, however, don't need it and some have had adverse reactions (typically a headache).

I mention it because Ptero can be a very useful "trick of the trade" so to speak and you might not have seen the thread.

Though, it does not work for everyone, it has worked for many of us. It's also fairly inexpensive as supplments go (like $15.99 ish depending on where you order from).

Here is the link to the thread: Please post your pterostilbene results :)

My suggestion is to read the thread and do some research on the Web (a few different scientific studies have been posted) and decide for yourself.

I hope this is helpful on your journey!

Last edited by DaSHMith; 04-13-2013 at 04:11 PM..
DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much Dawn, Dash, Carly, and Flutter!

Carly, I also find that I wake the hungry monster with my first food on a DD. I have to be careful waiting to long though because I find that past 5 or 6 pm I start getting a headache.

Today is a DD for me, no food yet and it is almost 4:30. I had my coffee this morning, an iced tea when I was out getting nails/toenails done and working on my second cup of lemon water now. The key for me is to stay hydrated and
busy.

Dash, I will do some reading on Ptero, thanks for the link.
Oh, and welcome to JUDDD.

Dawn, thanks for letting me know that you gained your third week. This gives me hope and I will not be throwing in the towel anytime soon.

Rox
Old 04-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #48

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Great thread, loving the older newbies helping the newer newbies. That is what is so great about this forum.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Great thread, loving the older newbies helping the newer newbies. That is what is so great about this forum.
I agree Kissa.

I so appreciate all the advise/help and know that one day I will have this WOE down and I too can help someone else.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #50

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
You are already doing it Ring!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
You are already doing it Ring!
Old 04-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSHMith View Post
Welcome Rox and Cookie!

Disclosure- I haven't been JUDDDing much longer than you (11 days so far). I had been white-knuckling it a bit through the end of some of the DDs until Wednesday. That is when I found the thread here on Pterstilbene. It is a supplement that mimics fasting and helps kick in the SIRTs (among other wonderful benefits, e.g. reduced indicators for many types of cancer). Net/net many of the JUDDDers in this group, me included, take Ptero to help lessen hunger on DDs. Some JUDDDers, however, don't need it and some have had adverse reactions (typically a headache).

I mention it because Ptero can be a very useful "trick of the trade" so to speak and you might not have seen the thread.

Though, it does not work for everyone, it has worked for many of us. It's also fairly inexpensive as supplments go (like $15.99 ish depending on where you order from).

Here is the link to the thread: Please post your pterostilbene results :)

My suggestion is to read the thread and do some research on the Web (a few different scientific studies have been posted) and decide for yourself.

I hope this is helpful on your journey!
Very interesting! I will have to keep this in mind if I struggle w/ DD.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shelly_S
Stats: 225/174/155 5'2" 45yr
WOE: 2/1/13 Shangri La (225lb); 3/13/13 JUDDD (215 lbs)
Start Date: 3/13/13 - 28 weeks on JUDDD - 41 lbs gone/51 total
Welcome! I eat butter every single day and I'm losing! I put a tsp of grass fed unsalted butter plus a tsp of coconut oil into my bulletproof coffee on DD's and that holds me for hours and is only like 75 cals. And I use a Tbs in my BP coffee for up days and more on top of sweet potatoes or whatever. Why? Because I can! JUDDD doesn't care if I eat nothing but butter (and I've had some DD's where I had 400 cals of cups of BP coffee). Lol.
Shelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:13 AM   #54
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
and best of luck with this wonderful WOE! Even though I do not do JUDDD anymore I always highly recommend it for the health benefits alone, plus the bonus of weight loss.

Here is a thread that may help:

Want To Know LOTS About JUDDD?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote