Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 04:22 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
UD Tuesday: Menu, Plans, Thrills, Spills

Step right up, step right up, all the excitement of an early week UD and a time to admire Luv2Eat's beautiful Spring photographs, remember the existence of the sun and have a thoroughly enjoyable day.
April Daily Chat Thread (photographs)

B: 1/4 of an egg bake (5 whole eggs, 12 eggwhites, spinach and red pepper) with 35g of tinned tuna (approx. 250kcals)
L: gelatine-thickened chicken soup to increase my protein intake (approx. 230kcals)
D: griddled swordfish, flat beans, dried tomato, pepperonata (approx. 460kcals)

I'm about 400kcals light so I might see if I can find some chorizo to liven up the lunch soup and possibly make up some coffee granita and vanilla protein fluff to have as a pudding this evening.

At some point this week, I need to move to making the breakfast the largest meal of the day on UDs as well as DDs.

Last edited by SlowSure; 04-09-2013 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: link to photographs
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 04:31 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
UD
B - coffee with HWC, eggs, Ezekial bread toast with SF marmalade, bacon
L - baked potato with cottage cheese and salsa
D - not sure what I want yet
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:15 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Ya know what I have noticed? Ain't nobody snack! My entries on my updays are rediculously filled with little things, crackers with this spread on it, some strawberries, some of this some of that. By the time I'm done I have 42 entries in my food log! What is with me? I wish I could only eat 3 meals a day like you guys do Maybe that is my problem with UD...I'm hittin the greek yogurt a few times it is so funny and different than everybody. I need to not snack as much!
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
Ya know what I have noticed? Ain't nobody snack! My entries on my updays are rediculously filled with little things, crackers with this spread on it, some strawberries, some of this some of that. By the time I'm done I have 42 entries in my food log! What is with me? I wish I could only eat 3 meals a day like you guys do Maybe that is my problem with UD...I'm hittin the greek yogurt a few times it is so funny and different than everybody. I need to not snack as much!
I am trying to follow Mastering Leptin which excludes eating between meals or at night. After getting used to it I no longer want to graze or eat all day long although small amounts. Three meals and I am finished.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:42 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatomany View Post
Ya know what I have noticed? Ain't nobody snack!...I wish I could only eat 3 meals a day like you guys do Maybe that is my problem with UD...I I need to not snack as much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I am trying to follow Mastering Leptin which excludes eating between meals or at night. After getting used to it I no longer want to graze or eat all day long although small amounts. Three meals and I am finished.
I used to snack on UDs to make up the calories but similar to Adi, I'm transitioning to a leptin reset (though mine is Kruse rather than Richards - not for any particularly strong reason) and making a concerted effort to avoid snacking.

I gather that Richards discusses the reasons behind the prohibition against snacking in the book. Both Kruse and Richards advise a 5-6hr gap between meals (iirc) and advise that dinner should be eaten a good 3hrs before bedtime.

Kruse said that if you eat all the time (snacks between meals) then you impair your body's timing and circadian clocks that work in unison with Leptin. Kruse advises against any calorie intake between meals and this also excludes having milk/cream in tea or coffee (because of the calories).

If you find "Dr. Quilt’s Magical Leptin Reset and Ragtime Band" then you'll see several people report that their tendency to snack was altered by following some/all of the principles of the leptin reset.

Last edited by SlowSure; 04-09-2013 at 05:43 AM..
Old 04-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
B-coffee/H&H, coconut butter, toast (I've been eating it out of the jar, but think I might have a piece of toast w/ c. butter )

L-sandwich, chips, pickle...

D-Ribeye, new potatoes, coconut cream pie

ETA: MTM, I snack too, but less than I used to before JUDDD.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 04-09-2013 at 06:16 AM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Silverrain
Stats: 209.9/206.2/145 5'4" 34 years old
Good morning! So far today, I've had:

Coffee, 1 tbsp creamer, sunflower seeds, and cherry Pop-Tarts. For some reason I was craving them! This was about 550 calories in total, leaving me with about 1500 for the rest of my day.

Not sure about lunch or dinner just yet, but I do know I am going out for dinner. I just don't know where, so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Have a great UD all!
Silverrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
B-coffee/H&H, coconut butter, toast (I've been eating it out of the jar, but think I might have a piece of toast w/ c. butter )

L-sandwich, chips, pickle...

D-Ribeye, new potatoes, coconut cream pie

ETA: MTM, I snack too, but less than I used to before JUDDD.
I love coconut butter...it is delist. I think I snack cuz what I'm eating just does not satisfy me...maybe I need to focus on breaking the snack habit. I will read on this today.
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Going out for dinner tonight at a Asian Tapas place with a group so it will be virtually impossible to count well. I plan to skip breakfast, have a 450 calorie late lunch that is heavy on protein so I won't be starving for dinner then try and eat lightly at dinner, no wine (whine!!). That should leave me about 1300 calories. If I stay away from fried items and limit myself to ~8 pieces of whatever the group orders I should be OK. Or maybe 6 pieces with a glass of wine. TBD.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I used to snack on UDs to make up the calories but similar to Adi, I'm transitioning to a leptin reset (though mine is Kruse rather than Richards - not for any particularly strong reason) and making a concerted effort to avoid snacking.

I gather that Richards discusses the reasons behind the prohibition against snacking in the book. Both Kruse and Richards advise a 5-6hr gap between meals (iirc) and advise that dinner should be eaten a good 3hrs before bedtime.

Kruse said that if you eat all the time (snacks between meals) then you impair your body's timing and circadian clocks that work in unison with Leptin. Kruse advises against any calorie intake between meals and this also excludes having milk/cream in tea or coffee (because of the calories).
I have loaned out my book "Mastering Leptin" but slowsure has the basics down right. That length of time between meals is important and the longer you do it the easier it is to not snack. I grew up in the three meals a day era so it really hasn't been hard for me to go back to it. Makes sense to me and I feel better plus it is way easier to count calories and keep up with them when the little suff doesn't slip by.

Last edited by adillenal; 04-09-2013 at 07:34 AM..
Old 04-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #11
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I've already eaten a ridiculous amount of chex mix this morning

Lunch-flat bread sandwich
Supper-probably a salad with a hb egg

Will try and keep snacking to a minimum today, seems to be the goal for most of us today

Last edited by mom23kids; 04-09-2013 at 07:44 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
UD
B - coffee with HWC, eggs, Ezekial bread toast with SF marmalade, bacon
L - baked potato with cottage cheese and salsa
D - not sure what I want yet
Adi I've been contemplating trying that baked potato, cottage cheese, and salsa. Every time I see it on your menu I'm thinking how yummy that sounds. I just need the salsa and cottage cheese. May run to the store here in a few to get it. I bet it's filling too. I have greek yogurt so I may use that instead of the cottage cheese. I need to use it up before it ruins.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Adi I've been contemplating trying that baked potato, cottage cheese, and salsa. Every time I see it on your menu I'm thinking how yummy that sounds. I just need the salsa and cottage cheese. May run to the store here in a few to get it. I bet it's filling too. I have greek yogurt so I may use that instead of the cottage cheese. I need to use it up before it ruins.
I had never eaten cottage cheese on baked potatoes until I met DH many years ago and that is how his family always ate them. He is from SD so I do not know if it is a regional thing or just their family thing. But it is good and yes it is filling.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
UDplan-
B-coffee and sausage,egg,cheese melt on toast 400cc
L-?
D-?
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
MTM, funny when you mentioned the snacking thing, I guess I've learned to not snack as much between meals since JUDDDing too. Part of it is I want to be able to have really satisfying and good meals on UDs, and save my calories for then. But I also have really bought into the idea that our bodies need a rest from digesting, and it feels good to feel hungry to me now. Not ravenous, just hungry. Hmmm.

That said, I do snack. I haven't given it up completely! Just not too often now.

B: Coffee/HWC, 3 eggs fried in butter
L: Chicken salad
D: Steak, baked potato w/sour cream and butter, small salad

If I stay away from the leftover Easter candy, it'll be a nice LC day. Love it!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #16
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Had to drop something off at my in-laws and ended up raiding their kitchen for lunch. Had leftover pork steak, a salad and a cupcake I should probably text my mil at work and let her know who ate her cupcakes (ds had one too)
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Had to drop something off at my in-laws and ended up raiding their kitchen for lunch. Had leftover pork steak, a salad and a cupcake I should probably text my mil at work and let her know who ate her cupcakes (ds had one too)
lol
Old 04-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I didn't have a suitable chorizo so I changed my soup to oxtail, spiced with chili and garlic, and thickened with 20g of gelatine (which gives an additional 15g of protein). This was quite an easy way to add additional protein so it's a matter of choosing soups where the gelatine won't be obtrusive.

I added green and black olives to the pepperonata which was a good way to add some extra calories. We had coffee granita with both cardamom and vanilla protein fluff and that was a particularly good way to add calories.

The calorie total for the day is approx. 1300kcals which is the nearest I've ever managed for an UD so I'm pleased and will be interested to see the outcome.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/JUDDD 265/Goal 118 to 125
WOE: JUDDD, Flexitarian
Start Date: JUDDD 6/24/14
B. Cottage Cheese, greek yogurt sweetened w/ cinnamon and stevia

L. Espresso protein drink with frozen banana; small baked potato and nutritional yeast

S. 40 grams raisins

D. 3 oz carne asada; spinach, apple, pine nut & balsamic side salad
Never Too Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #20

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Too Late View Post
B. Cottage Cheese, greek yogurt sweetened w/ cinnamon and stevia

L. Espresso protein drink with frozen banana; small baked potato and nutritional yeast

S. 40 grams raisins

D. 3 oz carne asada; spinach, apple, pine nut & balsamic side salad
I picked up some of the Click. It's GREAT! Thanks!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #21

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
B -
L apple
S 2 glasses red wine, potato chips at the pub
D spaghetti with pesto and a large mixed salad

2 squares of 90% dark chocolate.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/JUDDD 265/Goal 118 to 125
WOE: JUDDD, Flexitarian
Start Date: JUDDD 6/24/14
Dawn, you're welcome -- glad you like Click. Doesn't it pack such a great caffeine jolt? I notice they even have a de-caffeinated version.

Cyn
Never Too Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
UDplan-
B-coffee and sausage,egg,cheese melt on toast 400cc
L-?
D-?
B-400cc-see above
L-Greek Yogurt 200 cc
D-Chicken Fried Steak w/ gravy(about 3/4 portion) and 1/2 portion Potatoes 850cc
8 ounce cola 100
Dessert-1/2 pc Apple Pie Ala mode 250cc
Whew-that was close 1810 cc-I just made my cc by the skin of my teeth.So glad I let DH be my garbage can instead of cleaning my plate
Old 04-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #24

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Too Late View Post
Dawn, you're welcome -- glad you like Click. Doesn't it pack such a great caffeine jolt? I notice they even have a de-caffeinated version.

Cyn
Yesterday, I was worried because I was AMPED on the vanilla latte version. Today, I had the Mocha, and it was good, but it gave me just the right amount of energy. I had very little sleep last night, though, so tomorrow will be a better test.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
I loved my UD...I had a buffalo chicken pita pizza and a hamburger and onion rings...and was within my limits...oh yay!!!! I am a happy camper... I am well fueled for my DD tomorrow Ended up at 1660 cals for the day

Kim
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote