Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 01:56 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SchoolPsych1979
Stats: 255/244/145
WOE: ALMOST NO CARBS, with artificial sweeteners
Start Date: 03/25/2013
poll regarding DD and exercise

Hello! Can't sleep so i thought I'd ask questions. When would be a good time to eat on DD?'morning, noon, night, does it even matter?

Also when is a good time to start an exercise program? Mg first DD will be Tuesday. I'm excited and nervous!
SchoolPsych1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 02:12 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
It doesn't matter, we are all different. I seldom eat breakfast and never before I exercise.

As soon as you can is the best time to start an exercise plan.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:26 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
On DD I usually just have a bedtime snack since one of my medications needs to be taken with food.

I'm not hungry till I start eating.

I didn't do exercise besides brisk walking till maintenance, but I wished I had started sooner... I have tons of loose, flabby, skin... Yuck!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:14 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: motivatedMomma4
Stats: 180/147/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 19 2013
I also wait until evening to eat on my DD... I am with Carly,as soon as I eat I get hungry. Exercize is always a good thing,so I say start as soon as your ready! I found after a few down days I started to have a ton of energy :-) good luck! I am sure your going to love it!
motivatedMomma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:55 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Lots of different experiences which may reflect our metabolisms and different schedules.

I used to cycle whenever I had the opportunity and managed somewhere from 40-70kms most days. However, shortly after I started my potato hack in early March I started lacking the energy and I was so cold and distracted that I couldn't continue (2 days consecutively, I had to resort to wrapping myself in a survival foil blanket to be able to continue).

After the potato hack, I decided that my stalls and plateaus suggest that I might benefit from a leptin reset, so I'm currently transitioning to that. Unfortunately, the flavour of leptin reset that I'm following (crudely, Kruse rather than Richards) advises against exercise until leptin resistance is conquered and leptin sensitivity re-established.

I'm not happy about this because I'm in training for a century ride later this year and I may well have to miss an overnight paddle that I would like to do (I kayak and it's the most enjoyable leisure activity I do). However:
  • I know how unhappy and demotivated I am by stalls and plateaus;
  • the last time I stalled I left JUDDD and ended up back with JUDDD a year later, 17lbs heavier and probably with a lot more body fat than that would indicate;
  • if leptin resistance is problem, I need to fix it or I'll never be content with my weight, body composition or fitness.
I kayak on Saturdays but that's paddle club level with children doing their beginners' qualification so I never get any decent cardio exertion during that - it's more for the bliss of being on the water.

Cliche, but nonetheless true, YMMV.

Last edited by SlowSure; 04-08-2013 at 04:55 AM.. Reason: spacing
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:08 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
I don't eat until about 2pm and then again at 6pm because I want to be done for the day by 7pm. Water is my best friend all day.

I'd advise you to get into an exercise routine sooner rather than later. I find it easier to exercise on DD's right before dinner.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:08 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
On DDs I usually wait until dinner to eat then go to the gym. If I burn more than the usual calories at the gym I usually have a little snack when I get home but not always.
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
I can think of 2 significant issues we've discussed here in threads, that may affect when to eat. We have several informative threads on these.

1) Adrenal issues could be a deciding factor in being sure to eat a little something in the morning to support the adrenals.

2) Blood sugar issues might mean that you want to eat frequently through the day rather than waiting too long.

If you don't have either of these, you can just experiment to find out what seems right for you.

Starting a new exercise program at the same time you start a new way of eating may be difficult unless the exercise is started slowly. If nothing else, it's just a lot to think about. Personally, I'd get used to rotations, wait until you feel comfortable and can manage DDs with meals you know are working for you. Then I'd consider beginning a new exercise program. But if you are going to work your way into it gradually, you might be able to handle both at the same time.

If you do begin exercise at the same time that you begin JUDDD, expect your weight loss to be slow, since the exercise will be building muscle. Don't get discouraged if others seem to have more success on the scale at first than you, since they may not have changed their activity level at all.

Best wishes.

Last edited by Whitlin'; 04-08-2013 at 06:30 AM..
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #9

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
I have blood sugar issues. What's called severe reactive Hypoglycemia. I have tried anything and everything on DD's. What I have finally found is that I do best eating a little something early in the day. By 10 or 11 typically. Sometimes earlier. Right now I am on a stirfry veggies with an egg kick. Not sure how long that will last. I don't prefer this, I would love to save my calories till the end of the day, but not an option for me.

I exercise M-F walking 5 miles a day and I do weight routines 2 times a week as well. I always have, so DD or UP that's what I do.

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #10

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I'm another one who waits most days to eat until dinnertime. I do have cream in my coffee about mid-morning.

I exercise on DD or UDs, whichever works into my schedule. I do notice different energy levels on different days, but haven't seen any pattern about DD vs UD on energy, so I think that's just my own cycle of energy.

The beauty of JUDDD is that we each get to try stuff and figure out what works best for us. You get to learn so much about your body!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Thank you everyone!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
I can think of 2 significant issues we've discussed here in threads, that may affect when to eat. We have several informative threads on these.

1) Adrenal issues could be a deciding factor in being sure to eat a little something in the morning to support the adrenals.

2) Blood sugar issues might mean that you want to eat frequently through the day rather than waiting too long.

If you don't have either of these, you can just experiment to find out what seems right for you.

Starting a new exercise program at the same time you start a new way of eating may be difficult unless the exercise is started slowly. If nothing else, it's just a lot to think about. Personally, I'd get used to rotations, wait until you feel comfortable and can manage DDs with meals you know are working for you. Then I'd consider beginning a new exercise program. But if you are going to work your way into it gradually, you might be able to handle both at the same time.

If you do begin exercise at the same time that you begin JUDDD, expect your weight loss to be slow, since the exercise will be building muscle. Don't get discouraged if others seem to have more success on the scale at first than you, since they may not have changed their activity level at all.

Best wishes.
Do you think exercise affects weight with this WOE in the same way it affects other diets?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Exercise is such a good thing! Please don't think I'm suggesting you shouldn't. Gotta love exercise! But we've certainly heard with JUDDD here (like with any diet) that when someone begins a new program of exercise, especially one that's strenuous, they do have to be ready to see their losses on the scale stall, or even see a few pounds added temporarily. It probably won't be a huge thing, but it might discourage if you're not prepared for it.

We've probably all heard success stories from exercisers who lost clothes sizes without losing much weight.

Starting gradually, also making sure to measure as well as weigh, or check the fit of some tight clothes you'd like to get back into - all those would be ideas to make sure you still get to see all the positive changes that are going on. Just don't get discouraged if the scale isn't as kind to you as others' experience makes it seem it will be. Appreciate the exercise changes, too.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote