Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Commiting Carbicide VIA Cupcakes

I am so sad/mad at myself.Embarrassed too.
Im falling apart and need to get it together.I fell out of rotations the day before Easter,decided to go ahead and eat on Easter and get back on track on Monday.I did good M,T,W,T,and then have been losing it ever since.
YESTERDAY was a nightmare...I managed to pack away a mass of calories
2 pc. pizza 600cc
glass RB 200 cc
4 cupcakes 2400 cc
glass milk 240 cc
1/2 c choc covered peanuts 450 cc

About 4000 calories and it wasnt TONS of food...I think I managed to find the most calorie rich foods possible to mankind

I know what to do,I need to just pick myself up and start over but I keep screwing up and I dont get it...I ate strict LC from late January to early March and watched people all around me eat whatever without blinking an eye...I WANTED to LOSE weight MORE than eat what I wanted..I still do,so whats my problem?Sorry ,just venting on here.
March Goal 169lbs-met March 13th
Aprils Goal 159lbs-
Goal Weight-149lbs-
Current weight -189lbs after months of insanity
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Carbicide

Kim, remember, you only killed carbohydrates; you didn't kill your desire to lose weight OR your ability to get right back into JUDDD rotations and lose it. Also, everyone here will have a story not too far from yours.

Weigh yourself this morning and record it. You are well-fueled for a down day now and may have a very good one. Weigh yourself in the morning. Face the numbers get back into rotations, and hop right back in to posting plenty and enjoying the company here.

Have you read some of the threads here on ideas that make down days easier for some? I'm thinking the pterostilbene thread, for instance, or some of the chat about changing from your normal way of spreading out calories to a different way, like all through the day or just at one meal. Do you think you would do better on down days with 50 more calories added at a difficult time of day, for instance? There are so many good ideas here that might help you.

All best wishes!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I had LC'ed for many years and on my UD's I wanted everything that I had denied myself for over 10 years. So I ate them. I lost very slowly but I lost even with all of those UUAD days. It seems to happen for some of us that did LC for a long time. Or even a short time.
Just keep up the rotations and it will work out.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
All of us have done this, Kim. Sometimes you just need a break from rotations to rein in the monster. I did 5:2 for two weeks and maintained the same weight every day, no ups no downs, because I knew I wasn't having a down day (eod) I never overate. It was necessary for my sanity at the time, and when I went back to rotations I lost two lbs almost immediately. I'm not suggesting you take a break for two weeks, but it is always a possibility if you need it.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Leave it all in the past and have a great DD today. If there was a trigger that you can identify from yesterday that lead to the carb feast- note that and see if you can avoid that trigger or learn how to cope with it.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Oh Kim we committed juddultery together!!! Girl I had 4 sl of supreme 10" pizza, cookies, eggs, bacon, a bisquit, tater tots, grilled chic sandwich...... I figured over 2000 for me. And yeah I could'a thrown in a few cupcakes as well. Oh, forgot about my ice cream cone. But I'm saying WHATEVER to my ugly yesterday and saying I GOT THIS today! Hang in there gal and I'm going to try to hang with ya!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Leave it all in the past and have a great DD today. If there was a trigger that you can identify from yesterday that lead to the carb feast- note that and see if you can avoid that trigger or learn how to cope with it.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I'm gonna eat pizza...tomorrow!
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow will be fun!
While thinking 'bout tomorrow I'll clear away the pasta and the choc-lit
I'll eat none

When I'm stuck with a day that's carb-o-craving!
I stick out my tummy and jiggle and say.....

I'm gonna eat the fridge...tomorrow!
And the pantry! And McDonalds! And Mayfields!!!!
Just. Not. Today!

Tomorrow!
Tomorrow!
I'm feasting tomorrow!
But I'm a low-cal gal TODAY!!!!!!

Last edited by gotsomeold; 04-07-2013 at 09:45 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, you both did what most of us do: ate a trigger food or encountered a trigger situation and went spiraling out of control.

NBD

My rules of thumb when this happens to me are:
- Return to LC eating until my blood glucose calms down. Usually takes me three or four days. Then I begin reintroducing carby foods one at a time in small amounts.
- See if I can figure out what triggered me so I can be prepared next time I encounter that food, that party, that person.
- Concentrate on getting DDs back on caloric track. Once my DDs are stable, UDs seem to adjust themselves.

Congratulations. This is a great opportunity to learn more about yourself...excellent preparation for a smooth and simple maintenance.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
So, you both did what most of us do: ate a trigger food or encountered a trigger situation and went spiraling out of control.

NBD

- Return to LC eating until my blood glucose calms down. Usually takes me three or four days. Then I begin reintroducing carby foods one at a time in small amounts.
- See if I can figure out what triggered me so I can be prepared next time I encounter that food, that party, that person.
- Concentrate on getting DDs back on caloric track. Once my DDs are stable, UDs seem to adjust themselves.

Congratulations. This is a great opportunity to learn more about yourself...excellent preparation for a smooth and simple maintenance.
That's a good point Nancy. I think pizza is a trigger food. It's my favorite food and cake is my favorite treat. Haven't ever tried a LC DD, so maybe it's worth a shot. At least maybe to just offset having so many carbs yesterday. May give it a try and just have some bacon and eggs tonight.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:

NBD

Great post Nancy! Kim you have to fall down sometimes. In my signature it says that grit and failure lead to success, and that is so very true. We are people who love food. Some people are blessed not to love food as much. So, this is gonna happen from time to time. Just as long as you are on track almost all the time, fail once in awhile and show your grit the rest of the time, you will have success!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I forgot to mention, experience has taught me that trigger foods can be learned (and, with patience and practice, unlearned). They can also be foods that are actually causing allergic or intolerance responses.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deborahlh
Stats: 191/191/150
WOE: IF
Start Date: July 2014
Quote:

NBD

.....not just good...AWESOME!
When this carbfest situation happens to me i go strict low carb for at least 2-3 days and the sooner i do the better.
It seem ANYTHING with sugar is a trigger for me so....that's bull***t!

Anyway, use this as a learning experience and move forward!!!!
deborahlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
What is it with the cupcakes this weekend?? I'm right there with you Kim! I bought mini cupcakes for a pot luck party and ended up bringing most of them back home. More than a few have now taken up residence on my butt! Sigh.....so disgusted with myself.

Tomorrow I begin a 4:3 plan, that is having 3 DD's a week. I'll see how that goes as strict alternate days will be tough for me now that weekend golf season is here.

Let's get back on the wagon...we can do it!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I think i might do better with 3 dds too Lori. The weekends are filled with potholes. Between get-togethers and having the whole family home it is tough. I go into those weekend dds with the best of intentions and then I fail...feel lousy...and eat even more.
I think this week I'm gonna try a MWF dds and maybe a md Sat or Sun.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Tomorrow I begin a 4:3 plan, that is having 3 DD's a week. I'll see how that goes as strict alternate days will be tough for me now that weekend golf season is here. :
I find 4:3 easier to manage when you have sports events at the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahlh View Post
I think i might do better with 3 dds too Lori. The weekends are filled with potholes. Between get-togethers and having the whole family home it is tough...
Yes, between sports and family/social events the weekends can be the proverbial minefield. I do MWF DDs and then aim for a MD/UD weekend or whichever sequence works best for the w/e.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

hey SlowSure...good to hear this variation works! I just think i need to know i have a little more wiggle room on the weekends so i can keep my sanity! if weight loss is a little slower...so be it.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Hi Kim!! Kim here...I did the same thing and fell off the JUDDD wagon...i am climbing back on as of tomorrow morning, and getting back into rotations, and I know we can both do this! Are you with me??
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
I just have to say how much I the terms "carbicide" and "JUDDDultery."
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:30 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VioletsGrandMom
Stats: 253/232/180
WOE: Atkins Jan2012/JUDDD since October 2012
Start Date: January12Restart5/14
Me too Christina!!

Last edited by VioletsGrandMom; 04-08-2013 at 03:31 AM.. Reason: Still dont have the smily faces down!
VioletsGrandMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:22 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
I just have to say how much I the terms "carbicide" and "JUDDDultery."
So, is the board Tshirt going to read: Grumblefrosting carbicide & JUDDDultery?
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for all the support.I really appreciate my JBs Im going to hopefully have a successful DD today...I need too..this week has been awful.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:

NBD

Such great advice, Nancy!!!! Thank you!!!
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #24
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Kim, I'll join you! Yesterday I did great all day. Had exactly the right number of UD calories through dinner and all evening. I had a couple of drinks before dinner, within my calories, no problem. About 10:30 I wanted another drink and some chocolate. It was weird - I don't usually want to drink alcohol later in the evening unless at a party or out (not too often). So I had a drink and a handful of Dove chocolates, and another handful, and a large spoon of peanut butter! I figure about 3561 calories. OUCH!

Then this morning around 4am I woke up with cramps from he**. I knew TOM was on its way and was a couple of days late, so I kinda knew what the binge was about. When I was younger, I had bad cramps every.single.month. But now I usually only have bad ones once every year or two. Well, this time was it. It took 2 hours and a 800mg ibuprofen to relieve them.

I'm really feeling okay about it. I know those extra calories aren't going to help my losses this week, but neither is TOM! I feel better now, and I'm ready for a good DD today. I'm even thinking I'll do a new walking DVD sometime today.

Starting fresh this beautiful Monday morning! We can do it together!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Oh Kim we committed juddultery together!!! Girl I had 4 sl of supreme 10" pizza, cookies, eggs, bacon, a bisquit, tater tots, grilled chic sandwich...... I figured over 2000 for me. And yeah I could'a thrown in a few cupcakes as well. Oh, forgot about my ice cream cone. But I'm saying WHATEVER to my ugly yesterday and saying I GOT THIS today! Hang in there gal and I'm going to try to hang with ya!
Quote:
What is it with the cupcakes this weekend?? I'm right there with you Kim! I bought mini cupcakes for a pot luck party and ended up bringing most of them back home. More than a few have now taken up residence on my butt! Sigh.....so disgusted with myself.

Tomorrow I begin a 4:3 plan, that is having 3 DD's a week. I'll see how that goes as strict alternate days will be tough for me now that weekend golf season is here.

Let's get back on the wagon...we can do it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppail View Post
Hi Kim!! Kim here...I did the same thing and fell off the JUDDD wagon...i am climbing back on as of tomorrow morning, and getting back into rotations, and I know we can both do this! Are you with me??
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Kim, I'll join you! Yesterday I did great all day. Had exactly the right number of UD calories through dinner and all evening. I had a couple of drinks before dinner, within my calories, no problem. About 10:30 I wanted another drink and some chocolate. It was weird - I don't usually want to drink alcohol later in the evening unless at a party or out (not too often). So I had a drink and a handful of Dove chocolates, and another handful, and a large spoon of peanut butter! I figure about 3561 calories. OUCH!

Then this morning around 4am I woke up with cramps from he**. I knew TOM was on its way and was a couple of days late, so I kinda knew what the binge was about. When I was younger, I had bad cramps every.single.month. But now I usually only have bad ones once every year or two. Well, this time was it. It took 2 hours and a 800mg ibuprofen to relieve them.

I'm really feeling okay about it. I know those extra calories aren't going to help my losses this week, but neither is TOM! I feel better now, and I'm ready for a good DD today. I'm even thinking I'll do a new walking DVD sometime today.

Starting fresh this beautiful Monday morning! We can do it together!
HUGS to all my accomplices in crime this weekend.On to bigger and better things.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I think i might do better with 3 dds too Lori. The weekends are filled with potholes. Between get-togethers and having the whole family home it is tough. I go into those weekend dds with the best of intentions and then I fail...feel lousy...and eat even more.
Yep me too! The Fri/Sun DD rotation kills me.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
That's my plan. M-W-F DD's. If the loss is slower...so be it. Weekends in the Spring/Summer/Fall are too busy to worry about counting calories!

Good luck ladies!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That's my plan. M-W-F DD's. If the loss is slower...so be it. Weekends in the Spring/Summer/Fall are too busy to worry about counting calories!

Good luck ladies!
I agree. I'm outside so much and working in the yard when the weather warms up. Yesterday I was outside getting things ready to go on my horse ride and my neighbor was firing up his grill and I could smell it. My mouth started watering. I just know that on UD's I'll still have to count though. Or at least somewhat keep an eye on my calorie count.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

It's a plan ladies! I just REALLY hope I can still lose this way....I guess time will tell. But I do feel more positive already!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It's a plan ladies! I just REALLY hope I can still lose this way....I guess time will tell. But I do feel more positive already!
Me too deborah. I don't care if it is slower. Just as long as the numbers move downward. May have to put more effort in exercise if I see a stall happening, or something.