Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   JUDDDultery? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/801462-judddultery.html)

JMBM 04-06-2013 06:29 PM

JUDDDultery?

If there were such a thing then I would be guilty as charged!!:cry::cry::cry:

Just feel so upset because I've been doing so good and who know's the damage I've done for the out of control eating I've done for the past 3 days!!!!:down: Sorry for whining, but I have had the most awful "I don't care" attitude these past few days (with calorie counting) and now I worried about heading to the scales. Maybe, I won't visit them for a week.:dunno: The sad thing is I'm only cheating myself, but maybe I needed to be out of control for a brief moment?:dunno: That sounds a little crazy, but maybe I just needed to get it out of my system.

KeirasMom 04-06-2013 06:33 PM

:hugs: Just rein it back in and it'll work out fine.

Mamatomany 04-06-2013 06:42 PM

Just the post title made me laugh out loud. That is why JUDD works so well..it doesn't hold grudges, is always quick to forgive, and welcomes you back with open arms. Please, TOM ...PMS. Any ol acronym you want to fill in there stinks. If it isn't nailed down I will eat it for 2 days. You know this not normal for you! Don't sweat it girl :hyst: long term...tomorrow is a new day :shake:

JMBM 04-06-2013 06:47 PM

Thanks guys. I mentioned this on the April weigh in thread, but I decided to make my own thread in hopes someone has been there, done that, and was able to "bounce" right back (so to speak?):dunno: I think I'm getting close to TOM because I am feeling unusually emotional today.:cry: Darn hormones! :annoyed:

tofucheez 04-06-2013 07:00 PM

Listen to Mama.....long term is what matters.

Kimberli33 04-06-2013 07:02 PM

I cant help you:dunno:,only want to say I feel your pain:console:My head has NOT been in the game all week.I have 2 good days and then blow it...Thankfully,I havent gained any from this (not losing either though:annoyed:)I hope I can get it together before I do any real damage to myself.

taghag 04-06-2013 07:30 PM

Is this the same thing as accidentally on purpose not recording the extra peanut butter and chocolate coconut butter that finds it's way on to my spoon??

I agree, only cheating ourselves but sometimes I get frustrated that I have to monitor everything while I see skinny people eat whatever they want! Not fair!!!

Shari4 04-06-2013 07:47 PM

Beverly, when you're ready, you'll jump right back into the rhythm! You know what to do! I do understand & have been there myself!! :hugs:

calichris 04-06-2013 08:18 PM

Sometimes you need a break! As long as it's not too long, Mamatomany is right ... JUDDD is forgiving. It might take a couple/few rotations to recover, but tomorrow is another day. :) (and sometimes? When the bloat pounds go they take friends with it :D)

SlowSure 04-07-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBM (Post 16358755)
If there were such a thing then I would be guilty as charged!!:cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry to read you're in distress about this. I think it's so helpful that so many experienced JUDDDers are saying that you can put it behind you because it's not like plans where you would have crashed out of ketosis and need to build your way back.

I thought JUDDDultery was going to be about people mixing eating plans within a JUDDD framework. I'm so impressed by people who seem to be blending several principles together such as JUDDD, NK, PHD etc. :stars:

I hope this passes for you in a timely manner.

Kissa 04-07-2013 03:07 AM

Big hugs Beverly, this too shall pass.

We have almost all done it I am certain, and JUDDD is forgiving. This is the place come and vent. We aren't perfect and boy food is great sometimes, it is our comfort and that devil may care attitude is always lurking just below the surface.;)

You'll be fine after a couple of decent rotations. Don't beat yourself up. You are human, life happens, and we are here to catch you when you fall.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

gotsomeold 04-07-2013 06:02 AM

Hormones play a huge role in both hunger and patience. I recommend looking for periodic trends and being prepared. (It gets better ... at least it did for me.)

In the long run, this is nbd. JUDDD forgives.

Librarygirl 04-07-2013 06:58 AM

I'm of the belief that being too strict on ourselves can set us up for a fall. I have taken numerous breaks, and in fact am taking one this weekend. Today is my third UD. I felt weak yesterday and decided not to do a down day and already knew I wanted to stick with my same rotations and was going to also do a UD today. Now I'm worried I may not be able to eat enough today to have a good DD tomorrow. :D I'm sure I'll be able to soldier on. ;) Dieting is HARD. We all need a break sometimes, and JUDDD is the MOST forgiving WOE ever!!!!! You will be back in the saddle in no time!!!

Carly 04-07-2013 07:09 AM

:console: JUDDD is forgiving so just jump right back in, because in the sceme of things 1 or 2 days don't make a big difference over the long run, but many short diviations will slow things down, which isn't bad if you don't get frustrated, but juddd is so easy to come back to.:hugs:

JMBM 04-07-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16359041)
I'm so sorry to read you're in distress about this. I think it's so helpful that so many experienced JUDDDers are saying that you can put it behind you because it's not like plans where you would have crashed out of ketosis and need to build your way back.

I thought JUDDDultery was going to be about people mixing eating plans within a JUDDD framework. I'm so impressed by people who seem to be blending several principles together such as JUDDD, NK, PHD etc. :stars:

I hope this passes for you in a timely manner.

Yes I guess you could say I did combine another way of eating with JUDDD. I incorporated the "see food diet" with it on my UD. lol:p

JMBM 04-07-2013 08:10 AM

Thanks so much JB's! I guess the whole getting over into another weight bracket (140's) had me so excited and just bummed I'm not there now. But you all are 100% right in that JUDDD forgives and works. And I need to put on my "big girl" pants and realize it's not the end of the world. Would totally love it though if the theory of having a way high UD followed by a really low DD would make you lose. :D I haven't been drinking the water as much as I use too so there may be something to that as well. Water retention could be lurking.:dunno:

JMBM 04-07-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16359274)
:console: JUDDD is forgiving so just jump right back in, because in the sceme of things 1 or 2 days don't make a big difference over the long run, but many short diviations will slow things down, which isn't bad if you don't get frustrated, but juddd is so easy to come back to.:hugs:

Thanks Carly.:)

JMBM 04-07-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shari4 (Post 16358864)
Beverly, when you're ready, you'll jump right back into the rhythm! You know what to do! I do understand & have been there myself!! :hugs:

Thank you Shari!:heart:

Lori_:) 04-07-2013 02:27 PM

I'm right there with you. I've been pretty much out of control for 2 days now. I topped off the weekend with pizza for dinner tonight followed by a couple of bite sized brownies. :sick:

I'm looking forward to my DD tomorrow!

Flutter 04-07-2013 02:34 PM

Awww, it's no big thing!!! Just move ahead and forget about it. I worry when I hit diet fatigue and just no longer CARE that I am eating every thing in sight and KNOW that the scale is going up...yet still do it. That's when to worry! LOL! You're doing great!!! Move along gf, just move right along back to what you know works. :heart:

JMBM 04-07-2013 05:22 PM

Yeah, I'm just looking ahead and putting the past in the past. Today wasn't good either I'm afraid. We rode horses all day and I get so hungry when I ride all day. Hopefully I burned quite a bit, but will be hitting a hard DD tomorrow. Today was suppose to be my DD, but like I said it was really hard because I was riding all day. Thinking about converting to the fast diet, or maybe just try to maintain where I am for now. my DD have been being around 125 to 200 and that is soooo hard for me.

sloppail 04-07-2013 05:39 PM

I am doing a DD tomorrow, the first in awhile...:) I have been away for a bit, but Carly says this woe is forgiving...I sure hope so :)

Kim

Carly 04-08-2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBM (Post 16360152)
Yeah, I'm just looking ahead and putting the past in the past. Today wasn't good either I'm afraid. We rode horses all day and I get so hungry when I ride all day. Hopefully I burned quite a bit, but will be hitting a hard DD tomorrow. Today was suppose to be my DD, but like I said it was really hard because I was riding all day. Thinking about converting to the fast diet, or maybe just try to maintain where I am for now. my DD have been being around 125 to 200 and that is soooo hard for me.

Before you give up on JUDDD why not eat your full DD amount. It must be at least 320 or so. That is doubling what you have been eating if you are staying at 125. Low DDs are great if they work for you, but not if they burn you out. What does the calculator say your DD should be at 20% or 25%.

Kismet311 04-08-2013 04:10 AM

I feel for you. I am up a pound and a half since Easter because I have had only 1 DD all week (I was guessing it would have been 5 lbs but hey I won't complain)! I forgave myself and moved on. I agree with everyone else. Don't give up!

LoCarbGal 04-08-2013 08:07 AM

Aw Beverly! :hugs: We all get burned out sometimes, and I think we have to let it happen and jump back in when we're ready. I went totally off the rails last night (I won't repeat it again but went into it in Kim's Carbicide thread). I feel like I'm ready to climb back on this morning and make this work. Join me?

JMBM 04-08-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16360571)
Before you give up on JUDDD why not eat your full DD amount. It must be at least 320 or so. That is doubling what you have been eating if you are staying at 125. Low DDs are great if they work for you, but not if they burn you out. What does the calculator say your DD should be at 20% or 25%.

I think it's like 348 or something like that. My up days are just a tad above 1700. I was just thinking about trying the 5:2 since I'm about 15 lbs to my goal.:dunno: Or thought about 4:3 and keeping the UD's within reason like around 1500 to 1700 and see what happens. I don't care if I only lose 1/2 a pound a week that's fine with me. Weekends are hard too especially when you're having Friday and Sunday DD's. Idk, I just thought about doing that for a break and see what happens then if I'm not seeing any change just go straight back to JUDDD.

JMBM 04-08-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16361020)
Aw Beverly! :hugs: We all get burned out sometimes, and I think we have to let it happen and jump back in when we're ready. I went totally off the rails last night (I won't repeat it again but went into it in Kim's Carbicide thread). I feel like I'm ready to climb back on this morning and make this work. Join me?

I'm trying sister!:hyst: I've had a pinch of tuna and that's it thus far, but if I make this a DD then that means I'm heading for another weekend of Fri/Sun DD.:cry: Do not like that rotation.:annoyed: I may shoot for 500/600 today and then have a full DD tomorrow. Not sure what the plan is yet. Was telling Carly may go to 5:2 or 4:3 for a while. Even if losses are slow I feel like I could maybe not derail so much. Idk:dunno:

JMBM 04-08-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet311 (Post 16360579)
I feel for you. I am up a pound and a half since Easter because I have had only 1 DD all week (I was guessing it would have been 5 lbs but hey I won't complain)! I forgave myself and moved on. I agree with everyone else. Don't give up!

I'm trying to hang in there! I am not going anywhere near the scales though until I've had a couple of good down days. I may spiral into a depression if I go there now.:p

Flutter 04-08-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBM (Post 16361130)
I'm trying to hang in there! I am not going anywhere near the scales though until I've had a couple of good down days. I may spiral into a depression if I go there now.:p

:hugs: I am sure things will look great after a few DDs! I hate the scale anyways, it's evil. EVIL. Keep on going girly!

JMBM 04-08-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16361439)
:hugs: I am sure things will look great after a few DDs! I hate the scale anyways, it's evil. EVIL. Keep on going girly!

I agree. Stupid scales!!!:annoyed: Just before I went on my binge rampage I had been having pretty good U & DD's. And I'd get on the scale and went up .3. Plus, I've been exercising. I don't know what the culprit is unless it is in fact water retention. I have to admit that I haven't been as faithful in drinking like I should so maybe that's why.:dunno: Oh well, onward we go!