Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Is this possible? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/801412-possible.html)

AndyBFK 04-05-2013 04:19 PM

Is this possible?

I am only on my 5th day of JUDDD. Started Monday with an UD, so today is an UD as well. Admittedly, I binged on Tuesday. All my talk of doing this low carb went totally out the window. I was starved and crazed. But today, I have almost no appetite. At breakfast nothing sounded good. Im traveling on an expense account this week and literally could have went anywhere I wanted to today for a fabulous lunch. But I just wasn't interested. (I knew I had to eat something so I did have a panera egg sandwich for breakfast and a chick fil a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch). I also have an insane amount of energy today and am in quite a good mood. (not that I'm prone to mood swings or depressession, but I just feel this weird sense of calmness today).
Anyways, could this be my body already adjusting to this diet??? Is that even possible? Or I'm wondering if it's the carbs. I have obviously abandoned all my low carb eating over the last few days and I'm wondering if maybe somehow I'm having some positive experience to that. (or is that just wishful thinking :)).
I've read a little bit about some of the positive effects this diet can cause, but could i possibly be experiencing them already? How long does it last? I'm sure Ill be on here in no time whining about how hungry I am soon enough, but for now, this is just not what I was expecting. All I ever did on Low Carb s CRAVE food I couldn't have. Now I let myself have anything... And I want nothing! It's very strange.

Librarygirl 04-05-2013 04:54 PM

Lucky you. :) I have rarely not wanted anything on my UDs, at least not until I had already eaten all I wanted. :D I started to feel the energy and good mood effect of JUDDD early on too, so it is possible. There will be ups and downs, but overall it's a fantastic way of life, isn't it?

stephdray 04-05-2013 05:19 PM

Welcome to the world of JUDDD. Your body is already adjusting. Do not expect this every day. But I remember it happening to me a few times as well. You are likely to get very picky, too, about your food.

As we speak, there is a pan of no-pudge brownies sitting on my counter. In the old days, I'd have found them not only more than acceptable, but a huge temptation. Now, because they are not the best brownies in the world, I am not at all interested in them. (If they were the best brownies in the world, I would probably eat the whole pan without any self-control, but that's the trade off for me.)

You stuck with it and already you're seeing changes. Please hang tight and remember this when you have a hard day. They'll get better, I promise, and you'll have lots more days like this one where you're in a great mood and have a better relationship with food.

Whitlin' 04-06-2013 08:22 AM

Hi, Andy, nice to meet you! You got smart answers from Cindy and Steph.

For what it's worth, I think mentally when we catch on that there is less deprivation on JUDDD we have some release of stress. We have an awareness of a - I don't know - reassurance that food will show up. We don't have a body that is constantly asking itself if it's hungry any more, signalling the brain to worry.

That sounds scientific, doesn't it? :D

Don't be surprised if you are fighting hunger another day, though. I think everyone would agree that does happen.

Carly 04-06-2013 08:33 AM

I also had a very positive effect from adding carbs back into my diet. I was moody and "low" on low carb. I never felt wonderful when resticting carbs. The freedom of juddd is very liberating as well. I related to Steph's weekly post, because on juddd I joyfully lost weight. It is so doable and sustainable. Enjoy the juddd magic- there may be a tough day or 2, but for me those were very, very, rare.

vanilla_latte 04-06-2013 09:33 AM

I'm so thrilled you're experiencing the joys of JUDDD so soon!!! There will still be challenges, but it certainly sounds like you're off to a fantastic start! :up:

calichris 04-06-2013 11:51 AM

I had a mood lift when I went from low carb to carb too. Maybe the seratonin/dopamine release? :) Enjoy! So glad you're feeling great!

gotsomeold 04-06-2013 05:55 PM

Well, let's see... I started JUDDD on 1 January 2012, 'felt' JUDDD magic a month later, stalled a few times (usually because I did not eat enough on UDs), hit 128 and called goal in September...lost a few more pounds after that. Have bounced around 128 for seven months. Still have the energy. Still have the good mood. Still enjoy the simplicity of DDs. Still love JUDDD.

Yep. I think it is possible. All of it is possible.

Kissa 04-07-2013 04:23 AM

Andy, that's it, JUDDD magic, you have experienced it for the first time. I love the freedom this gives us to choose what we want and, as you have seen, that takes away the longing for the 'forbidden' foods.

This is your first Non Scale Victory and is worthy of adding to the NSV thread.

Yes it won't always be this easy, but it is great to have experienced this so soon. Enjoy.

AndyBFK 04-08-2013 07:47 PM

Thanks Cindy, I just might do that!!!

I felt that feeling of "happiness" again today. I think I'm starting to realize it's happening on my DD's. And I think it does have a lot to do with that reassurance Steph talked about. I was starting to journal, which I like to do when dieting, so I can try and get into the root of why I eat, crave food, you know all that emotional eating stuff. Anyways, I learned a lot from my journaling this time and I just might copy and post it on this board. But what I noticed, is that I feel calmer on DD's I think because I know that it's just temporary. It's not the dreaded feeling of, oh my god I have 200lbs to loose and I'm going to be on a diet and miserable for the next year or two and I'll never get to be "normal" again, (yadda yadda). Consciously, or subconsciously, whatever it is, I know that it's just temporary deprivation. And somehow, that little, tiny bit of knowledge, was enough to not only get me through my first week of DDs, but I think it made me actually enjoy them. Then, I started to realize all the other joys of DDs, like I don't have to cook (or grocery shop, do dishes, etc). I don't have to "figure out" what we're eating for dinner or where to go grab lunch, which means, I don't have to have my daily fight and struggle with myself when the little devil wants something bad, and the little angle on the other shoulder is demanding something "healthy." Ugh, it's just so exhausting to go through that everyday. So, I like the freedom that the DD brings. Yes, I may be a little cranky, tired, and a bit hungry, but NONE of that compares to the freedom that it brings. And I think that has helped contribute to my good mood.
Does that make sense??? :)

And I ate my face off in crawfish, fried pickles, and buckets of beer yesterday, so those UD hungries definitely came around. But, I was happy to go right into my DD today eating even LESS calories than allotted. (I think I was so full from my UUAD yesterday I easily ate less today!)

Anyways, thanks for letting me ramble! Excited to head into my second week!

SchoolPsych1979 04-08-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyBFK (Post 16362236)
Thanks Cindy, I just might do that!!!

I felt that feeling of "happiness" again today. I think I'm starting to realize it's happening on my DD's. And I think it does have a lot to do with that reassurance Steph talked about. I was starting to journal, which I like to do when dieting, so I can try and get into the root of why I eat, crave food, you know all that emotional eating stuff. Anyways, I learned a lot from my journaling this time and I just might copy and post it on this board. But what I noticed, is that I feel calmer on DD's I think because I know that it's just temporary. It's not the dreaded feeling of, oh my god I have 200lbs to loose and I'm going to be on a diet and miserable for the next year or two and I'll never get to be "normal" again, (yadda yadda). Consciously, or subconsciously, whatever it is, I know that it's just temporary deprivation. And somehow, that little, tiny bit of knowledge, was enough to not only get me through my first week of DDs, but I think it made me actually enjoy them. Then, I started to realize all the other joys of DDs, like I don't have to cook (or grocery shop, do dishes, etc). I don't have to "figure out" what we're eating for dinner or where to go grab lunch, which means, I don't have to have my daily fight and struggle with myself when the little devil wants something bad, and the little angle on the other shoulder is demanding something "healthy." Ugh, it's just so exhausting to go through that everyday. So, I like the freedom that the DD brings. Yes, I may be a little cranky, tired, and a bit hungry, but NONE of that compares to the freedom that it brings. And I think that has helped contribute to my good mood.
Does that make sense??? :)

And I ate my face off in crawfish, fried pickles, and buckets of beer yesterday, so those UD hungries definitely came around. But, I was happy to go right into my DD today eating even LESS calories than allotted. (I think I was so full from my UUAD yesterday I easily ate less today!)

Anyways, thanks for letting me ramble! Excited to head into my second week!

That's such a great post..I start my first DD tomorrow and I'm apprehensive but excited at the same time. I'm looking at it like a "tactic" rather than a "diet"

Kissa 04-09-2013 04:10 PM

Those points are so valuable Andy. The JUDDD calm is a part of that, but, to know that your journey will be, at least half the time, hassle free, and the other half of the time just regular eating, is a pretty nice to be!