Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Exercise Chair....

I was wondering if any of the JB's have/have used one of the exercise chairs? The one I'm thinking of ordering is "as seen on TV". It's really hard for me to do regular exercises at my age/weight (70/240), but I know I need to be doing something! So, thought I would check into the exercise chair. Any thoughts?

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Zib
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Zib
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: August 2012 - Cholesterol down 70 points!
I'm not familiar with the chair and the ad I found showed it at over $100. Have you considered getting some of the Sit and Be Fit dvds and doing the exercises in a regular chair - like from your dining table? I see the DVDs on Amazon and eBay for reasonable prices and I'm betting you could get them from your library. The Sit and Be Fit website also shows you if your local PBS carries the show.

If you feel you need something further after trying this, you could then get the chair. Just a thought.

Edited to add: I just had a look on YouTube and they have a number of episodes/segments there if you wanted to have a look at what the program is like.
"I can never take for granted the euphoria produced by a cup of coffee. I'm grateful every day that it isn't banned as a drug, that I don't have to buy it from a pusher, that its cost is minimal and there's no need to increase the intake. And thanks to the magic in a cup of coffee, I'm able to plunge into a whole day's cheerful thinking." Anita Loos

Last edited by Zib; 04-05-2013 at 01:25 PM..
Zib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #3

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
you know those things are usually not very good. I'm sure if you look online you can find seated exercises to do, perhaps a video to show you how to do them right, that would work better and not just enrich the people selling something! good luck

yes, reading what zib said, I have heard of Sit and Be Fit too. and Youtube would be a great resource. I have seen people doing these exercises where my mom lives.

Last edited by ravenrose; 04-05-2013 at 01:54 PM..
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Carole,
the ttapp program has exercises to be done while sitting. Google it and they have a website and even some try before you buy but not sure if any of those are the sitting exercises. I have most of the other DVD's and tapes ( I started ttapp a LONG time ago) and I really love how they are not the bouncing up and down and all around type exercises.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I researched the exercise chair at about my top weight, thinking that I shouldn't start with any very strenuous. The online reviews were not very good, plus there were some comments about the company charging more/differently than you may agree to. That killed it for me.

I wonder if some resistance bands would help you in a chair type workout. There's a workout DVD that my mom has called Isobreathing. She has some sit down workouts that can be pretty challenging. It combines breathwork with resistance training. They look good to me, although I've never regularly done them. Maybe I should start doing them with Mom.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
I like the resistance band idea! also, just plain old walking! I just hate for you to spend your money. If you are anything like me, I buy stuff and then it just sits there...
The resistance bands come in different colors, usually the red or yellow are good to start with.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tofucheez
You can tone and strengthen your entire body with those bands...it's so cool. I didn't realize how much you could do with them til I started taking classes at the gym. They're great, convenient, and the tension is infinitely adjustable (by adjusting your grip). Not a massive calorie burner, but great for strength.

Another idea is one of those peddle thingies. It's like a bike pedal set that you can put in from of your own chair and peddle away. Would be good for cardiovascular health and a calorie burning boost.
tofucheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Thanks so much for all your comments! I knew you would have some really good ideas and thoughts...so glad I asked, instead of just jumping to order. I will do some more research on the DVD's and the resistance bands. I can probably get those at Wal-Mart!

You all are the greatest!

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Just thought I'd second Adi's recommendation, Carole. I haven't had any experience with the other seated DVDs but they sound great, too. To try some seated T-Tapp right away for free, go to the Amazon page for Teresa Tapp's book and scroll down to find the video that's there. Very good when you've been at a desk too long, too, and would like to improve your posture, get the kinks out.
Whitlin' is online now   Reply With Quote