Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/JUDDD 265/Goal 118 to 125
WOE: JUDDD, Flexitarian
Start Date: JUDDD 6/24/14
Laurie,

I just saw your husband and your before and after photos! You could have knocked me over with a feather. Congratulations to both of you for such amazing transformations!

I am just guessing that this also translates into healthier cholesterol results, blood pressure, and other health markers!

That provides us with even more inspiration.

Cyn
Never Too Late is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Cyn, thanks for mentioning that Michael Moseley's program about exercise will be on. It is on my PBS station too, and I've been wanting to see that. I looked all over the internet and couldn't find it. Thanks again!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Cyn, thanks so much. We really don't know for sure about the health improvements with our weight loss because neither one of us had any health issues before. My DH has genetically low blood pressure and mine was always normal (now it runs low). Neither of us had high blood sugar or high cholesterol. Robust health and longevity runs in my dad's side of the family, but my Father-in-Law died in his sleep at 63, after two heart attacks and occluded arteries. My DH shows no signs of heart disease at almost 59. So, I guess I don't know what our health would be like if we hadn't lost the weight, starting 10 years ago. I just know that my husband is still able to work physically hard every day with no ill effects, and no formal exercise. I get tired but I still carry my granddaughter around on my back. She told me the other day, "Granny, you're the perfect horsie!"

All I know is that we don't need medicines (other than my bio identical hormones and Armour thyroid) and we feel good. I credit longtime low carbing, and now, JUDDD.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/JUDDD 265/Goal 118 to 125
WOE: JUDDD, Flexitarian
Start Date: JUDDD 6/24/14
Dear LCG. I Look forward to seeing your reaction to Wednesday's Michael Moseley program re exercise. Do you exercise along with JUDDD? Your weight loss stats are impressive.

Hoping the PBS show is an inspiration to me. I find it hard to get my body moving sometimes. I am trying to improve my strength and muscle mass by lifting a bit of weights ( I work out to Joyce Vedral tapes) and now do some recumbent biking, but walking is so tough for me because of bad feet and legs -- I am so looking forward to shedding more weight so I can become more mobile.

My husband and I went to Huntington Botanical Gardens about a month ago. Its a giant estate and museum with many walking paths and stairs. I was so ashamed. I was wiped out physically by the exertion and saw so many people in their 70s and even 80s passing me by and whipping around as if they were 30 years old. I don't want to feel old anymore, smile!
Never Too Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #35

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Too Late View Post
Dear LCG. I Look forward to seeing your reaction to Wednesday's Michael Moseley program re exercise. Do you exercise along with JUDDD? Your weight loss stats are impressive.

Hoping the PBS show is an inspiration to me. I find it hard to get my body moving sometimes. I am trying to improve my strength and muscle mass by lifting a bit of weights ( I work out to Joyce Vedral tapes) and now do some recumbent biking, but walking is so tough for me because of bad feet and legs -- I am so looking forward to shedding more weight so I can become more mobile.

My husband and I went to Huntington Botanical Gardens about a month ago. Its a giant estate and museum with many walking paths and stairs. I was so ashamed. I was wiped out physically by the exertion and saw so many people in their 70s and even 80s passing me by and whipping around as if they were 30 years old. I don't want to feel old anymore, smile!
I have been doing Callanetics for about a month, and I love it. I only got one workout in this week (this morning actually) and have been doing some upper body weight exercises. I imagine I'll start walking in a few more months. I do love walking ealry in the mornings and it's so good for you.

I completely understand your experience at the Botanical Gardens. I too went with a family group when I was at probably close to my top weight, and it was not fun. I didn't enjoy the exhibit, felt exhausted, sweaty, and out of breath the whole time. It was humiliating.

You're going to do great on JUDDD. It's just so do-able, and you still get to enjoy food. If I can do this, you can do it!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #36

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Good to see you Laurie.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead