Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD WEDNESDAY - Plans, menu etc. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/801075-dd-wednesday-plans-menu-etc.html)

SlowSure 04-03-2013 01:02 AM

DD WEDNESDAY - Plans, menu etc.

First DD of my transition to a leptin reset (after 28 days on the potato hack with no added fat at all, it wouldn't be wise to just jump into even a moderate fat WOE).

B 1/4 portion cauliflower and egg bake (2 whole eggs, 10 egg whites) and small serving of sardine with some dried tomatoes (approx. 180kcals)

L Majority of my remaining calories is already assigned to a high-fibre lunch substitute (apple puree, thickened with glucomannan and psyllium and served with low-fat custard). (approx. 150kcals)

Which leaves me with 30kcals for a cheery dinner with DH this evening :) It may well be more tomato for me while he tucks into leftovers of last night's curry. :)

Kimberli33 04-03-2013 05:24 AM

Going to try to stick to Lower Carb this month to get some extra lbs off
B-coffee 1pc bacon 90cc
L-busy-so probably nothing
D-Hotdog 120cc and pickle spear 5cc
Maybe SF Jello

zipp2play 04-03-2013 05:33 AM

stirfry with an egg 90c
stirfry with chick peas 270c
Salad? Not sure, I am about OD'd on Salad lately. Maybe soup???

goal 500c

zipp2play 04-03-2013 05:33 AM

Soon I'll say the same thing about stir fry! Anxious for tomato and more of the veggie season so I can switch things up!

SlowSure 04-03-2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 16351909)
Anxious for tomato and more of the veggie season so I can switch things up!

Agreed - I'm eating my way through the remains of the tomato that I dried, bottled or froze last year. I'm fair desperate for a good, fresh, tomato.

JMBM 04-03-2013 06:02 AM

:hiya: Morning JB's! I'm still trying to wake up!:p

B: coffee w/ ff creamer = 10
L: Splenda tea, green tea
D: Yogurt maybe? = 80 :dunno:

Silverrain 04-03-2013 06:15 AM

Good morning, everyone!

So far, so good. Only my second DD since beginning JUDDD. Today I am having/had:

B: Coffee w/1 tbsp half and half. 10 almonds. (85ish calories)
L: Water, perhaps a cup of broth.
D: Soup, 2 cups (160 calories), 4 crackers (70 calories)
S: 2 tbsp. sunflower kernels. (112 calories)

Total: About 423 calories, depending on whether or not I eat what I'm planning! Just trying to stay at 500 or less. I'm going grocery shopping tonight - wish me luck!

JMBM 04-03-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverrain (Post 16352016)
Good morning, everyone!

So far, so good. Only my second DD since beginning JUDDD. Today I am having/had:

B: Coffee w/1 tbsp half and half. 10 almonds. (85ish calories)
L: Water, perhaps a cup of broth.
D: Soup, 2 cups (160 calories), 4 crackers (70 calories)
S: 2 tbsp. sunflower kernels. (112 calories)

Total: About 423 calories, depending on whether or not I eat what I'm planning! Just trying to stay at 500 or less. I'm going grocery shopping tonight - wish me luck!

Looks good! Keep up the good work!:up:

Whitlin' 04-03-2013 08:09 AM

Nice to meet you, Silverrain, best wishes grocery shopping at the end of a DD! Try to keep the mindset, "This is for breakfast!" :D

Monica, I am just starting to think I want salads again after a while without!

SlowSure, did you ever post how you did on the 28 day potato feast?

I'm having a potato as my first meal about noon.
salad later
end of day eating will depend on how elaborate I let that salad get.

Tomatoes - I want to get my plants soon and grow a few this year.

SlowSure 04-03-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitlin' (Post 16352257)
SlowSure, did you ever post how you did on the 28 day potato feast?

Tomatoes - I want to get my plants soon and grow a few this year.

No - but I may well write it up when I have a clearer picture. I ended the hack with a migraine and swelled up a lot and am still losing that water so I don't have a clear picture/final number yet (IYSWIM). At the minimum, I lost more than 6lbs over 28 days which might sound low for some but broke a 5 week stall for me and represents a substantial drop by my usual standards. The weight loss might be greater than that (going by my weight on the morning, just a few hours before the migraine started) but judging by my joints etc., I've still not lost the water gain so can't tell.

I got blight last year - lost everything before I cropped a single tomato so no outdoor plants for me this year. :cry:

Silverrain 04-03-2013 10:08 AM

Thanks, guys! I'm going to stick to my list no matter what! I am really liking this new WOE so far, though it has only been a few days. This second DD hasn't been half-bad - I feel pretty good!

calichris 04-03-2013 10:26 AM

I'm trying lower down days and full calorie up days to see what happens. I've had some very low DDs lately, but I'm planning on doing a kickboxing class today so I want to have 300 calories. I'm think this will look like:

lunch - 3/4 c NF greek yogurt with s/f jam 85 cals
dinner - wendy's chili 210 cals + hot chili sauce 5.

Even 300 :)

sorenkkg 04-03-2013 10:31 AM

:hiya: folks!

Still in my workshop (all week, ends afternoon on friday)... today, they brought in PIZZA :faint: with caesar salad :doh: and a fruit plate (well, that's ok).

B: lemon water and vitamins
L: just lemon water-- I'm using true lemon packets today (and forgot my sweetener, ah well) and I have veggie soup (38) if needed
D: my plan is really nice!
6oz of chicken thighs - 202
1 bag of steamed broccoli (100)
1 serving greek yogurt 100
sf jam - 20

total comes to 458 cals, 34g net

JMBM 04-03-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16352603)
:hiya: folks!

Still in my workshop (all week, ends afternoon on friday)... today, they brought in PIZZA :faint: with caesar salad :doh: and a fruit plate (well, that's ok).

B: lemon water and vitamins
L: just lemon water-- I'm using true lemon packets today (and forgot my sweetener, ah well) and I have veggie soup (38) if needed
D: my plan is really nice!
6oz of chicken thighs - 202
1 bag of steamed broccoli (100)
1 serving greek yogurt 100
sf jam - 20

total comes to 458 cals, 34g net

OMGoodness pizza!:p My kryptonite!:eek: Looks like you have a great plan though! Good job.:high5:

TryingJudd 04-03-2013 10:38 AM

Overindulged yesterday so predictably starving today. I will be happy with a 450 cal day.

So far:
1 SF peach cup (25)
4 magic pops - each with an oz of turkey and mustard (175)

planning for later:
onion, mushroom and pepper stir fry and a piece of bread (175)
half an apple (40)

415 total. Will try and motivate myself to get on the treadmill.

JMBM 04-03-2013 10:40 AM

:cry: I want to eat!! Not necessarily hungry. Just want to shove food in my face! I'm trying to find things to occupy my time, but I only want to clean so much. And I can only stay on the computer for so long.:stars: Think I'll go take a hot shower and paint my toenails or something.:dunno:

SlowSure 04-03-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TryingJudd (Post 16352629)

I keep being momentarily startled by this as I expect it to be an ice pop - then I remember that it's a savoury popped rice/grain item. :)

They do sound useful for DDs - wish we had them in the UK.

zipp2play 04-03-2013 11:09 AM

Silverrain - :welcome: thrilled to have you hear! Sounds like you are doing really well!

Beverly - stay the coarse girl. Can you get out of the house? go somewhere where there is NO food? Library or Kohl's?

Christina - let me know about kick boxing, it is something I have always wanted to try.

Whitlin' - I went off salads a few months ago, my problem is without salads or stir fry, there's not much else for a DD!

Soren - doing GREAT! I am amazed, not sure I could in that situation!

Sirtain 04-03-2013 11:44 AM

Wow, that's a lot of egg whites! Did you use a whole head of cauliflower? I love cauliflower, and am always looking for new ways to cook it. This might be an interesting thing to try on Down Days. I love my fats, but they are hard to fit in when you are watching calories.

I am doing my standard:
spinach salad with 1/2 hard egg, 1 bacon, vinegar( made sure I had spinach on hand this time BEFORE starting)
vegetable slurry with a poached egg
yogurt

It is cold and rainy today, so I fear I will not be getting my walk in. :(

SlowSure 04-03-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirtain (Post 16352766)
Wow, that's a lot of egg whites! Did you use a whole head of cauliflower?

Yes, I did use a whole head of a medium cauliflower, blitzed down to just a little larger than rice size. I wouldn't usually have that sort of whole egg to eggwhite ratio but it's pretty much the only way to keep down the fat in that. I had a quarter of the bake today so I had the fat from half an egg yolk - but I really wanted to have a little sardine so that I can start building back my Omega 3 after a fat-free 28 days (IYSWIM).

I put the excess egg yolks to cure in miso paste - they turn into a lovely, savoury item that can be spread after a couple of weeks or so. (Playing with Fire and Water discusses this technique on her blog and there are some interesting photographs as she's a very gifted photographer.)

Kimmietoo 04-03-2013 01:39 PM

I am hungry, hungry, hungrier than normal on today's DD. Started the day with coffee with 1 tsp CO. Wanting something to eat but not wanting to add calories, I tried a glucomannan / molly mcbutter / cheese sprinkles / cayenne pepper combo. Hmmm. Different. Not totally awful... I guess for 10 calories I shouldn't expect too much? I had a cup of broth and numerous hot teas. Then I did a protein shake with added gluc powder and tangerine peel powder. Hopefully I can limit tonights dinner and end the day under 400 calories. I guess some days are just harder than others. No doubt my Easter weekend blow out and lack of carb control on yesterday's UD have something to do with this increased hunger.

Kimmie

JMBM 04-03-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 16352681)
Silverrain - :welcome: thrilled to have you hear! Sounds like you are doing really well!

Beverly - stay the coarse girl. Can you get out of the house? go somewhere where there is NO food? Library or Kohl's?

Christina - let me know about kick boxing, it is something I have always wanted to try.

Whitlin' - I went off salads a few months ago, my problem is without salads or stir fry, there's not much else for a DD!

Soren - doing GREAT! I am amazed, not sure I could in that situation!

Took a shower then a nap. Doing ok now. Just hope I'm able to sleep at bedtime.:doh: I'm trying to hold off til time for bed to eat so my grumbling stomach doesn't keep me awake.:D

Kimberli33 04-03-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberli33 (Post 16351869)
Going to try to stick to Lower Carb this month to get some extra lbs off
B-coffee 1pc bacon 90cc
L-busy-so probably nothing
D-Hotdog 120cc and pickle spear 5cc
Maybe SF Jello

change of plans
L-3oz pork tenderloin 110cc and lettuce 20 cc,pica de gallo 30 cc and lf sour cream 50 cc
D- 1pc sf candy 70 cc and coffee
so 370 cc

TryingJudd 04-03-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TryingJudd (Post 16352629)
Overindulged yesterday so predictably starving today. I will be happy with a 450 cal day.

So far:
1 SF peach cup (25)

planning for later:
onion, mushroom and pepper stir fry and a piece of bread (175)
half an apple (40)

415 total. Will try and motivate myself to get on the treadmill.

The day didn't quite work out that way. I ended up having one slice of tomato pie (130) for dinner (total of 330) and jogged 3 miles! The really interesting thing is I entered my terribly decadent calorie day yesterday in my app and the total was only about 2100 and I was being very conservative, estimating high. Half of it was chocolate though and I GAINED FOUR POUNDS. No way I should have gained anything if a calorie is a calorie. Hoping all my tea and lemon water and jogging today blasts off those 4 and more!!

sorenkkg 04-03-2013 08:35 PM

Tj- there's calories, but then there's the conversion of food to glycogen stored in the liver...that accounts for a lot of the water you lose at the start of a lc diet, and why you gain so much when you go back to high carb.
Never fear, drink water, go lower carb, you'll lose it!

Kimmie: yep, some weeks are just harder. That's when positive self talk comes int play. You can make healthy choices! Look at your dd calorie range, and don't get down... I was pms like mental last week, I'm surprised Thera not a North American food shortage! :eek:
This week? I'm rocking each day so far! :sing:

And with that, I end my day on track, the only deviation was a very thin slice of cantaloupe from the fruit plate. I didn't even touch the pizza.

Want to know what I did at lunch? I wandered into a charity event in our lunch room/atrium- so I helped make kits for school kids (bag, books, pencils, etc)... It took all my time, and then I went back to the meeting, and had my snack around 2:30pm.

Feel good, do good! Yay JUDDD!

Silverrain 04-04-2013 04:25 AM

Wow, all of you did so great!! I made it through my shopping in one piece - no bad foods entered my cart! I am considering that an NSV for yesterday, especially since I went through the chip aisle to grab some bread! (Chips are my downfall.) Now it's an UD. LOVING JUDDD so far!! :)

SlowSure 04-04-2013 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverrain (Post 16353879)
I made it through my shopping in one piece - no bad foods entered my cart! I am considering that an NSV for yesterday, especially since I went through the chip aisle to grab some bread! (Chips are my downfall.)

Good for you on ignoring the chip aisle.

I hope that you and JUDDD go on to become good friends with each other. :shake:

Silverrain 04-04-2013 06:09 AM

Thanks! I am already quite fond of JUDDD. :)