Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Does any one else have this problem? Eating on DDs (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/801059-does-any-one-else-have-problem-eating-dds.html)

Lumina 04-02-2013 04:30 PM

Does any one else have this problem? Eating on DDs

Hello everyone!

I have started (and stopped... :annoyed:) JUDDD many many times now. Every time that I start I'm amazed at how well this works for my body. And then.. I get dumb.

It's been painfully apparent that I cannot eat on DDs. At all. I can take in liquid calories, but if I eat, even one thing, I binge.

On UDs I don't binge. In fact I'm very careful about my choices. I don't finish the meal if I don't love it. I cut things out that add unnecessary calories from what I do eat. I'm mindful.

If I eat ANYTHING on a DD, even low calorie, I can't stop scouring the kitchen.

So I sit here on my DD not having consumed any calories at all, and I'm ok with it. I have will power. I can eat tomorrow. But this is what's making it so hard for me. I can't eat ANYTHING. If I go out with a friend, can't eat. My kids bring me or make me something, can't eat. They want to go somewhere with food? Can't eat. It unleashes a MONSTER.

What concerns me is, how in the world do I stop THAT part of it? And oddly I worry that if I get used to not eating at all on DDs than I won't have a way to 'fix' a stall by lowering DD calories. Is that insane?:stars: will I have any options if I get to that point?

Has anyone else experienced this weirdness? Is this going to be a long term issue for this WOE?

jaymar 04-02-2013 05:54 PM

Lumina, I really sympathize with your problem...I had a lot of trouble with dd's and still do..what I had to do was really think hard about what I could eat that would satisfy me, without triggering my appetite...I finally figured out a system that works for me, most of the time..I wait as long as I can before I eat anything on a dd...I have coffee or SF cocoa...and when I do eat, I eat something that is nearly all protein..like a boiled egg with a couple of egg whites mashed up with a little butter or mayo....that holds me for a while..then a lot of times , later in the day I'll have two small fish fillets..with some salad or slaw...then if I need to, at bedtime, I will have a high protein nutrition bar ..which is about 150 cals...I hope you find a way that works for you..I just know that I have to have protein on dd's or I go completely off the path.:)

Carly 04-02-2013 06:04 PM

I fast till a small, predetermined bedtime snack. I keep no junk or snack food in the house- period!

jaymar 04-02-2013 07:27 PM

Oh, Carly, I would give so much to be able to do it that way...I really tried hard to wait til almost bedtime and have one small meal...I wasn't able to do it..when I was in my 20's I could go a week without a bit of food..but now, I'm mid 50's and for whatever reason, I was having so much trouble.. I wanted so much to stay on the Juddd rotations, I messed up a lot of dd's..but just see how great the program is...even tho I couldn't do it the way I wanted to,..by the end of April , I will most likely loose between 30 and 35 lbs..since Dec. 1...to me, it's a miracle...I'm thankful for every bit of weight gone, and who knows, maybe in the future my dd's will get a lot easier...I know that a lot of people on here don't seem to have the trouble with dd's that I have had..It is important to keep the calories low on dd's...I've been able to do it, but not the way that I would have liked to..:)

JMBM 04-02-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16351298)
I fast till a small, predetermined bedtime snack. I keep no junk or snack food in the house- period!

:goodpost: Did it the first time last night. Wasn't too bad. I literally ate my greek yogurt, washed it down with some green tea and went to bed. Boom! it's done! lol I know this is going to sound total cheese ball, but it's like an unruly child/pet/whatever that you just gotta yank up and say "hey, this is how it gonna be!" Get tough with "self". Hope this helps:dunno:. It's what I'm telling that spoiled fat person inside of me that wants to take control of me getting out of control with my food again.:hyst: I'm really not crazy. It's just my crazy way of making myself suck it up and get through this.:stars:

LoCarbGal 04-02-2013 10:46 PM

Lumina, I wonder if you just stick with liquids for awhile on DDs, until you get really comfortable with DDs. Then maybe try adding a small meal late in the day, like Carly does, and see what happens. I like Jaymar's suggestion about making it protein/fat too. I often do that and it really does satisfy.

Sometimes we have to fool our minds so that we can rule our bodies. Not so much fun, but so totally worth it when JUDDD comes together and works.

Lumina 04-03-2013 03:28 AM

Thanks guys! I admit I can't remember if I tried some protein first on a dd so I'll have to look into that. Great suggestion!

And thanks LCG- I really don't think I want to fast every other day. Perhaps after a few weeks I'll be able to get ahold of that monster and be able to enjoy smaller meals.

zipp2play 04-03-2013 05:30 AM

Lumina - I sympathize with your issue. DD's have always and will always be a struggle for me. Especially at work! If I get too hungry I can't think, concentrate on anything. In the beginning there were a couple of DD's I literally left the office early because I was BEYOND! It does improve a bit. I will never be one to be able to fast all day. I have tried, believe me. I take each DD on it's own and go from there. I have also never had super low calories on DD's. Mine typically range from 500-800c. I did have 1 450c dd and that was last week. Maybe I'm making progress???

zipp2play 04-03-2013 05:31 AM

For the record, I will never utter the words that I enjoy DD's or that I find DD's easier than UD's because I just can't eat all those calories. I can't imagine EVER saying that! Maybe it's my blood sugar issues, maybe it's just me! ;)

tofucheez 04-03-2013 05:38 AM

Zipp-

thank you so much for this post! I was beginning to think that I was the only one who didn't get that mental clarity on DD.....I get the opposite....no concentration, spacey headed, and my vision goes weird and I don't walk quite straight. I can't fathom how some people feel BETTER on these days, but more power to them!

And I, too, have NO trouble eating to UD cals. I don't understand that one either! :)

jaymar 04-03-2013 06:01 AM

I really believe things are different for us because we are All different..and that is what makes this woe so fantastic...my problem at first, on the dd's was that my tummy actually hurt...I think there was a reason for that, but I didn't know what it was...I've always had some tummy trouble, tho..I have come across a book by a Dr named Beck...maybe I'll read it..it's about behavior modification while dieting...I could probably really use that...:D

sterlinggirl 04-03-2013 06:19 AM

YUP.. This has been my same plight as well.. I found that if i tell my self i am waiting to eat my calories for later or a supper meal.. that idea is in my head ALL DAY and drives me nut!! Knowing i can eat later seams to make me want to eat sooner than later as when i tell my self.. no eating at all on a DD works better so i ignore that feeling.. Ssssoo I am convinced it is a head thing more than a body thing.. Must control the mind and the body will follow.. How did i do with this?? Well i cant seam to control my mind like i wished, so i gave in and never eat on a dd in order to be sucessfull.. So best of luck to and i hope you find what works for you :heart:

KathyL 04-03-2013 07:39 AM

I keep to one evening meal on dds for the most part. And honestly, if I make it past 7, I won't eat at all. If I have to go out I order a simple salad (no croutons) and bring my own dressing. I can make a salad last a looooong time when I have to. LOL

Librarygirl 04-03-2013 08:10 AM

I usually try to fast till lunch and then eat no more than half my calories for the day so that I have something to look forward to in the evening. It doesn't always work out, but that is the plan. :) I hope you find something that works well for you!

adillenal 04-03-2013 10:10 AM

And I am the breakfast eater even on DD's. Two eggs with SF marmalade and coffee with HWC most every DD and then I am fine to have small amounts at L and D. I can fast all day on liquids but usually do not. Only when traveling and I cannot have my usual breakfast. AND I have never reached the point where I can't easily reach my UD calories and beyond. I prefer eating more in the am and less in the pm. See how different we all are??/

Flossyliz 04-03-2013 01:15 PM

Lumina, maybe you're an early eater like Adi. I'm a late eater - never want breakfast but need a snack before bed.
We're all very different and JUDDD needs experimentation to find what works for each of us.

If I get hungry on a DD afternoon, I have a cup of English Breakfast tea with skim milk and can go for ages.

It's also important to drink loads of water - and some people are finding that lemon water is very effective.

Have you tried bullet-proof coffee? You have to count the calories but it can be very sustaining. There's a long thread about it.
I also like bullet-proof cocoa - coconut oil is great with cocoa!

Librarygirl 04-03-2013 01:31 PM

I actually eat more in the a.m and at lunch than dinner on UDs. I just don't trust myself to eat all my calories too early on DDs. ;) I DO wake up hungry on UDs...another thing that differs from some JBs.

JMBM 04-03-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16352923)
Lumina, maybe you're an early eater like Adi. I'm a late eater - never want breakfast but need a snack before bed.
We're all very different and JUDDD needs experimentation to find what works for each of us.

If I get hungry on a DD afternoon, I have a cup of English Breakfast tea with skim milk and can go for ages.

It's also important to drink loads of water - and some people are finding that lemon water is very effective.

Have you tried bullet-proof coffee? You have to count the calories but it can be very sustaining. There's a long thread about it.
I also like bullet-proof cocoa - coconut oil is great with cocoa!

:goodpost:

Librarygirl 04-03-2013 03:48 PM

I tried coconut oil in my coffee yesterday and it tasted good, but it upset my stomach. I think butter works better for me, if measured and counted correctly. I might try it tomorrow. :)

Flossyliz 04-03-2013 04:35 PM

If you're not used to coconut oil, you need to start with only a teaspoonful.

My DD bullet-proof coffees/cocoas use 1 tsp coconut oil and 1 tsp butter.

Librarygirl 04-03-2013 04:51 PM

Besides appetite suppression is it good for other things as well? The coconut butter I have is 5 g of fiber in 2 T!! :D If nothing else, you might get rid of some fat that way! :D

TryingJudd 04-03-2013 06:19 PM

My problem is ALWAYS the UDs, never the DDs.

Flossyliz 04-05-2013 06:44 AM

Cindy, if you google coconut oil benefits, you'll find an impressive list of good reasons to use it. I would have posted it here but it's too long!

Librarygirl 04-05-2013 06:25 PM

Good thought, Flossy. I have been eating the coconut butter, and I have coconut oil too, but use it less. I have finally gotten it under control, about 3/4 way through the coconut butter. :D