Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   AARP has posted article on Dr. Mosley "Losing Weight after 50, IF" (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/801044-aarp-has-posted-article-dr-mosley-losing-weight-after-50-if.html)

Zib 04-02-2013 10:02 AM

AARP has posted article on Dr. Mosley "Losing Weight after 50, IF"

The author is trying it and wonders if it has worked for others.

Losing Weight After 50, Intermittent Eating, Fasting Diets AARP

Also a clip from BBC radio. Captions came up on it by default for me. You can turn them off it they bother you.

mom23kids 04-02-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zib (Post 16350376)
The author is trying it and wonders if it has worked for others.

Losing Weight After 50, Intermittent Eating, Fasting Diets AARP

Also a clip from BBC radio. Captions came up on it by default for me. You can turn them off it they bother you.

Thanks for sharing!

Whitlin' 04-02-2013 10:53 AM

Thank you, Zib. I enjoyed reading this. I hope the author continues a series.

My only problem with the article is that the author never clears up the impression that Alternate Day Fasting means zero-calorie fasting every other day, and only gives credit for several-hundred-calorie days to the 5:2. This is not Dr. Mosley's fault, it's just that the only quotes used from him aren't ones that correct the misconception.

Actually, the only difference is that ADF/JUDDD, suggests 3 days a week or every-other-day, and Mosley's 5:2 suggests 2 days a week. But this article makes it seem as though there are such extreme differences that you would get no calories on ADF down days at all.

mom23kids 04-02-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitlin' (Post 16350495)
Thank you, Zib. I enjoyed reading this. I hope the author continues a series.

My only problem with the article is that the author never clears up the impression that Alternate Day Fasting means zero-calorie fasting every other day, and only gives credit for several-hundred-calorie days to the 5:2. This is not Dr. Mosley's fault, it's just that the only quotes used from him aren't ones that correct the misconception.

Actually, the only difference is that ADF/JUDDD, suggests 3 days a week or every-other-day, and Mosley's 5:2 suggests 2 days a week. But this article makes it seem as though there are such extreme differences that you would get no calories on ADF down days at all.

:goodpost:

gotsomeold 04-03-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitlin' (Post 16350495)
... My only problem with the article is that the author never clears up the impression that Alternate Day Fasting means zero-calorie fasting every other day, and only gives credit for several-hundred-calorie days to the 5:2. This is not Dr. Mosley's fault, it's just that the only quotes used from him aren't ones that correct the misconception...

Yep. There are days I want to scream "IF/ADF/LC/any other healthy fat burning, muscle protecting WOE are not torture! They are not starvation and shakes and misery! They all call on something healthy that most bodies are pre-programmed to do: turn on ketosis and autography, clean up, healthy up, burn the fat in the way nature intends it to be used."