Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 54 5'6" Goal:135-140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Got my blood work results back and everything, except my D levels, looks great

Great News Sara!

You'll probably raise your Vit. D level by soaking up some sunshine, while outside on your walks too.

Did your Dr. ask you how you lost 40 lbs. since last fall?

Last edited by SlimNana; 04-04-2013 at 11:27 AM..
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #62
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post
Great News Sara!

You'll probably raise your Vit. D level by soaking up some sunshine, while outside on your walks too.

Did your Dr. ask you how you lost 40 lbs. since last fall?
It was the first time we met, which made the visit a bit awkward. He was also a lot younger than I was expecting, which threw me off (I had looked up the wrong doctor's picture on tbeir website and was expecting someone in their 50s. But he ended up being close to my age lol). I mentioned losing the weight and he just asked me if it was intentional and when I said yes he moved on We covered a lot of ground in the appointment though so he was jumping all over the place with his questions.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am thrilled for you Sara, well done. I have never had my D tested but I take it anyway, living in the UK.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Great news, Sara!! We have a health screening this month at work that only cost $15.00 and I think I'm going to do it. It would cost me lots more at the doctors because I rarely meet my deductible on my insurance. They have a few optional tests that they will perform as well for extra $$ (at the screening). The vit D test is 57.00! Do you really think it's necessary?
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Check-in...
I had a good week, down 1.6.
Congrats too all and Carly, I'm so sorry you were hurt, hope you are feeling better.
eta, 2 months, total loss to date, 11.4 lbs.

Cindy/LG- Vitamin D is important. Google it, but I would have it checked if you can.

Last edited by Carly; 04-04-2013 at 03:50 PM..
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
Phew...there you all are....I posted the new link in the wrong part ivillage lol

I am doing JUDDD alternate days but still watching here with interest.
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:32 AM   #67
Established

After my one 500ish calorie dd of the week, my weigh in was 133.5lbs this morning Doing a modified 5:2 plan is working out so well for me for maintenance
Old 04-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Brilliant
Old 04-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #69

Hi Lola, glad you found us, lol.

Sara, you and me both.

I have just had 3 days with visitors staying. I did 3 UDs and then yesterday did a 500 cal DD, (including sitting and watching them eat breakfast and lunch ). I cooked salmon and ate it with them before going to the theatre last night. My reward was a 2.2 pound drop.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surfnmom
Stats: 182.4/182.4/135 (5'5)
WOE: juddd/5:2
Start Date: 4/5/13
Good Morning All
Well today, after reading the board and getting caught up on some of the threads, I decided to give this ago again. Tried Juddd several times and could not seem to stay with it. But the 5:2 seems more do-able for me to start with.
Had a low day Tuesday 740 calories, and thought heck yea I'm going to count this, and so today well be a real dd for me (500 calories or less)
So I hope u don't mind me jumping in here and posting.
I was at goal several years ago then menopause hit hard and i swear i was on a sugar binge for 7 years, gaining back 50lbs, bummer.
I'm at the age now were i just want to feel good and enjoy life with good health and (sure) it would be nice to fit in a better selection of clothes lol
I am currently at 182.4 and have been yo-yo-ing down to 172 these past few years. That's getting real old to say the least.
The weather is finally getting nice to start walking, i walk with my son and normally walk 4 miles, 3 to 4 times a week so it would be nice to start losing this extra weight and stop eating back the calories i burn.

I weigh in on Sundays and I'm going for fast days Tuesdays and Fridays or just make sure I get them in during the week Right now I am counting calories to get an idea of what i eat and my son also set me up a cool spread sheet that I put my daily calories in and it averages them for me.

I am ready to except the 1lb a week loss that they say is the norm for some people and with 38 weeks left in the year I can deal with that
Have a good day and well check back with my first official DD result.
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #71

Hi Surfnmom, nice to see you posting here. I think you will find this a total joy. Yes, we have to watch our UD calories but to lose weight with only a couple of real low calorie day a week is simply a delight.

Your son sounds a treasure!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Sara, you and me both.

I have just had 3 days with visitors staying. I did 3 UDs and then yesterday did a 500 cal DD, (including sitting and watching them eat breakfast and lunch ). I cooked salmon and ate it with them before going to the theatre last night. My reward was a 2.2 pound drop.
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

surfnmom!

The rest of you gals have the elusive maintenance thing in the bag!

Today is the first day in over a week that I've got my fasting groove back. Just in time for the weekend!

My slippery slope off track started last Friday evening...with my move into our new first floor master bedroom (an addition that's taken over two stressful years to complete), along with a romantic dinner of sushi and wine that hubby ordered in. If I was only able to get myself back on track come Mon. & Wed. then I could have dropped some of that 5 lbs. that I gained over Easter weekend...but no, instead I continued to snack every evening in front of the TV.

A few lessons were learned, got my all or nothing mind set cleared up, my butt back in the game, my calm has finally returned, and so I shall carry on.

Thanks so much for being here as a safe haven!

Goals: Be healthy, slim, strong, firm, flexible, fit & feeling fabulous.

Last edited by SlimNana; 04-05-2013 at 02:11 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #74
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Sara, you and me both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom View Post
Good Morning All
Well today, after reading the board and getting caught up on some of the threads, I decided to give this ago again. Tried Juddd several times and could not seem to stay with it. But the 5:2 seems more do-able for me to start with.
Had a low day Tuesday 740 calories, and thought heck yea I'm going to count this, and so today well be a real dd for me (500 calories or less)
I was at goal several years ago then menopause hit hard and i swear i was on a sugar binge for 7 years, gaining back 50lbs, bummer.
I'm at the age now were i just want to feel good and enjoy life with good health and (sure) it would be nice to fit in a better selection of clothes lol
I am currently at 182.4 and have been yo-yo-ing down to 172 these past few years. That's getting real old to say the least.
The weather is finally getting nice to start walking, i walk with my son and normally walk 4 miles, 3 to 4 times a week so it would be nice to start losing this extra weight and stop eating back the calories i burn.

I weigh in on Sundays and I'm going for fast days Tuesdays and Fridays or just make sure I get them in during the week Right now I am counting calories to get an idea of what i eat and my son also set me up a cool spread sheet that I put my daily calories in and it averages them for me.

I am ready to except the 1lb a week loss that they say is the norm for some people and with 38 weeks left in the year I can deal with that
Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post
surfnmom!

The rest of you gals have the elusive maintenance thing in the bag!

Today is the first day in over a week that I've got my fasting groove back. Just in time for the weekend!

My slippery slope off track started last Friday evening...with my move into our new first floor master bedroom (an addition that's taken over two stressful years to complete), along with a romantic dinner of sushi and wine that hubby ordered in. If I was only able to get myself back on track come Mon. & Wed. then I could have dropped some of that 5 lbs. that I gained over Easter weekend...but no, instead I continued to snack every evening in front of the TV.

A few lessons were learned, got my all or nothing mind set cleared up, my butt back in the game, my calm has finally returned, and so I shall carry on.

Thanks so much for being here as a safe haven!
Sometimes we just need to take a break- this is a journey, not a race Glad you're back at it
Old 04-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom View Post
Good Morning All

! I did JUDDD for weight loss, but have really enjoyed my maintenance with 5:2.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/190.5/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Hello JB's!!

I've been kind of MIA lately, but I've still been reading and trying to keep up with all of you. I've been maintaining for the last couple weeks, but happy to report that I'm still 199. Whew!!

I'm going to join you all in the 5:2 plan. Actually, I may do more of a 4:3 to try to get this weight loss moving again.

I'll see you on next week's thread! Have a great weekend!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Lori: I'm back to doing 4:3 also for weight loss, until I get closer to my goal. Hopefully by this summer, I'll be moving on to 5:2 for maintenance.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #78

I weighed in this morning at 126.4 and today I ate rather more than is ideal, but it was so much fun!

Tomorrow is an UD but I am planning to wait until the evening to eat. We have family coming to stay overnight so if I can hang on til then, I should manage to stay within a sensible calorie range.

Nice to see you back Lori.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/118/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Cindy - What is the name of the face cream you mentioned some time back? You said it was for "old people". Next month I will be close to a Target store and I think they carry lots of face cream. Thanks Much!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:39 AM   #80

Er I don't remember that, I use mostly Boots No 7 products along with some by Olay. I doubt the boots products are available except over the Internet in the States. See if you can nudge my memory in some way... old brain too!

Had quite an UUAD yesterday and was up again on the scales but that is the nature if the beast and it doesn't worry me, even though I dislike the 127 numbers.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Hello all! I've decided to dip my toe back in JUDDD waters by giving 5:2 a try. I plan to stay low carb because it has helped so much with reducing cravings, and I feel better on it.

When I tried JUDDD last year I went off low carb completely, and had problems with binging at night. I've learned how to control that now and hope that I can do better this time around.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
Hello all! I've decided to dip my toe back in JUDDD waters by giving 5:2 a try. I plan to stay low carb because it has helped so much with reducing cravings, and I feel better on it.

When I tried JUDDD last year I went off low carb completely, and had problems with binging at night. I've learned how to control that now and hope that I can do better this time around.
back!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/118/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
[QUOTE=Kissa;16359036]Er I don't remember that, I use mostly Boots No 7 products along with some by Olay. I doubt the boots products are available except over the Internet in the States. See if you can nudge my memory in some way... old brain too!

Yes, yes that is the one I remember you saying it was good! I just Googled it and I see even Walgreens now has it BUT it is not the same product you get, so

I just need some help around the eyes, etc. Getting old looking a few places on my face, but then i am getting older too

I too use Olay products, the last one I got is in the red jar, had it for over a week and no results yet! It does not have sun-screen in it, so

Thanks for getting back to me so fast too!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/190.5/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
WOW! I've had an off the charts weekend with sweets! ACK!! I'm SO ready to begin my 4:3 JUDDD experiment tomorrow morning! I hate to step on the scale tomorrow as I know I'll be back up over that dreaded 200 mark again. No sense crying as I brought it on myself. Oh well......I won't be up there for long.

Talk to you all on the 5:2 forum next week!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #85
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post

Welcome back!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #86

Leona I have only recently started using the Olay in the red jar. I am trying that along with the serum in a red bottle. I have read very good things about them.

The no 7 I use is the Restore and Renew range. I got cross with it because the serum comes as a set of day and night serums. I often redo my face during the day so was consistently running out of the day serum and having too much night serum. So I went back to using their Intense serum.

I use a Jan Marini sun protection when I can afford it, otherwise a Boots one!

I really wish I had taken better care of my skin when I was younger. For me now, I just try not to let things get worse. I accept that I am vain.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #87
Established

Well the weekend ended up being a big uuad fest I did get in four miles of walking, so that probably helped a bit, but tomorrow is.going to be a very strict 600 calorie md!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:00 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Morning all. Hope that you are still all OK...Still freezing here in the UK brrr..yesterday was the first day of some serious sunshine for nearly 1 year I think.

Well because I got invited to a randomly organised surprise birthday party yesterday the DD went out of the window....so back on track today with black coffee. Scales did not look good this morning as a result of too much carb yesterday I think. Didn't overeat just think it was the content of the carbs and salt probably. Food was not carb friendly.

Leona hope that you find a moisturiser and eye cream that suits. It is a minefield I know. I have been loyal to one brand since my early 20's and it has served me well. However, eye cream I should have used then as well and have only been using for last 5 years but it does make a huge difference. Can you maybe go to some of the makeup counters in the department stores and ask for some samples to try...that's a good way to get the one that's right for you.

Hope that you all having a good start to the week. I am still doing full blown JUDDD/4:3. Need to still lose a bit - especially after yesterday grrr.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
n/a

Last edited by kel7298; 04-08-2013 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: wrong thread
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Knock know where has everyone gone

I'm still alternating JUDDD days...but without very much progress. Back in the same routine of putting 2lbs on UD and 2lbs off DD...but hey keep going.

Hope that you are all OK