Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   April Daily Chat Thread (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/800902-april-daily-chat-thread.html)

Carly 04-01-2013 03:35 AM

April Daily Chat Thread

Hi JUDDD Buds! Drop in and have some daily chat about anything and everything here! I can't believe the 1st quarter of 2013 is gone now! Spring here we come!

adillenal 04-01-2013 03:43 AM

April is here. YEA!!! I am recovering from a sick migraine so my UD today should be very controlled. Still feel a tad nauseated.
Looking forward to some beautiful weather since it is supposed to get to the 80's today. Although parts of the state are getting awful hail storms.

SlowSure 04-01-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16347408)
April is here. YEA!!! I am recovering from a sick migraine so my UD today should be very controlled. Still feel a tad nauseated

Sympathy and empathy. I started a migraine on Saturday that didn't 't clear until late Sunday. I'm still feeling rocky from it and very swollen.

I still don't know what I'm going to eat today. I'd been planning to transition from the 28 day potato hack that finished on Sat 30 March but I've only been able to tolerate water since then and can't face food.

Kismet311 04-01-2013 05:45 AM

So glad April has begun! It's finally beginning to feel like spring and I am out of "slug mode". I feel like getting out there and doing lots of things! I am off from work this week too!! I love Spring Break!

Librarygirl 04-01-2013 05:45 AM

Happy April everyone! Seems we're starting the month with April showers. :) I'm off work today and plan to do a little shopping. It's my bday and I want to treat myself, just a little.

SlowSure 04-01-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16347529)
Happy April everyone! Seems we're starting the month with April showers. :) I'm off work today and plan to do a little shopping. It's my bday and I want to treat myself, just a little.

:birthday: and may your treat be just what you need. :)

Kismet311 04-01-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

:birthday: I took off for my birthday last month. I treated myself and was such a party animal I hung out at Barnes and Noble :laugh: That is always a treat for me! Hope you have a great day :high5:

deborahlh 04-01-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

:birthday: have a wonderful day!!!

It looks like a beautiful day is here....think i might take my son to the park and feed the ducks. This has seemed like the longest winter. I'm so happy spring is finally here!!!:jumpjoy:

deboratpc 04-01-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

:birthday: Enjoy your day!!!!

Kimberli33 04-01-2013 06:06 AM

Im feeling like a hermit today:( just want to close all the doors and hibernate.:dunno: thats not going to happen though,too much to do today.Therapy for my little granddaughter,errands to run,ect.BUSY Monday as usual.Need to shake off the grumpies:annoyed:

Sirtain 04-01-2013 06:39 AM

I'm hoping to get in a good long walk today. The weather is beautiful, and I want to be moving after a sluggish weekend. (I spent way too much time driving!)

adillenal 04-01-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16347447)
Sympathy and empathy. I started a migraine on Saturday that didn't 't clear until late Sunday. I'm still feeling rocky from it and very swollen.

I still don't know what I'm going to eat today. I'd been planning to transition from the 28 day potato hack that finished on Sat 30 March but I've only been able to tolerate water since then and can't face food.

I too am up on the scale due to water retention due to migraine. But it has faded a lot and I hope my UD today is controlled. The weather changes probably brought on my migraine and we are having all kinds of weather changes in Texas for the next few days. Hope hope hope I don't get another.:)
Hope you don't get another anytime soon.

KeirasMom 04-01-2013 08:15 AM

I'm up nearly 3 pounds from yesterday, with a fairly controlled Easter feast. I'm not sweating it though. It'll come back down after tomorrow's DD.

Happy spring to those of you enjoying a break in the freezing temperatures. We had rain and lightning storms yesterday, which is fairly unusual, but wasn't unwelcome. It looks like it's going to be a lovely day here, but I'm stuck in the office all day, then will hit the gym after dinner this evening, so I won't be enjoying it. I should be glad I have a window at work. ;)

LoCarbGal 04-01-2013 08:47 AM

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about April. I'm not looking for unrealistic losses, but I feel like it should go better than March did. TOM comes for me any time this week, so it'll be a slow week and then I'm hoping I can burn through some pounds. I'm itching to get to onederland now!

Beautiful spring day here. The sun is shining, and it's supposed to be about 84 degrees.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Kissa 04-01-2013 08:53 AM

Adi and SlowSure, hope you are both feeling much better now.

We are enjoy some afternoon sunshine just now which makes one hope that Spring is around the corner. But we drove to Cambridge and back today and saw quite a bit of standing snow still.

Had lunch with SIL and am now feeling stuffed and not prepared to cook my Easter lamb yet again. Hope it last okay until tomorrow.

126 this morning. Happy with that.

Carly 04-01-2013 09:21 AM

DW and I are in the hospital. We got hit on the highway. DW lost consciousness for a while and my neck got messed up. We've both had cat scans already and DW had an EKG and other stuff. I'm in a horrid brace and my neck is killing me.

LoCarbGal 04-01-2013 09:24 AM

Oh Carly! I'm so sorry. :aprayer: that you both are okay. :heart:

Kimmietoo 04-01-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16348035)
DW and I are in the hospital. We got hit on the highway. DW lost consciousness for a while and my neck got messed up. We've both had cat scans already and DW had an EKG and other stuff. I'm in a horrid brace and my neck is killing me.

Wow, Carly, tgc and hope you're both released soon. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

HUG HUG HUG

Kimmie

Kimmietoo 04-01-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Have a wonderful birthday today!!!:birthday:

SlowSure 04-01-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Best wishes for a good recovery for both of you.

hot-in-texas 04-01-2013 09:59 AM

OMG Carly! Hope nothing serious! Sounds very scary:console:

JMBM 04-01-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

:hugs: I'm so sorry that happened! Hope no serious injuries. Sending :aprayer: your way!:heart:

hot-in-texas 04-01-2013 10:03 AM

Sorry about those having migraines. Hope they will be banished now.
I took off work today and tomorrow, it's a beautiful day here, the high is to be 83. Tomorrow the high is to be in the 40s. Our weather here is crazy. I did a lot of yard work over the weekend and this morning. We have a humongous tree in our front yard and we finally got the majority of the leaves raked up, now that is a great feeling! I want to spend a lot of time outside this spring, and try to do alot of cooking out. Yesterday our patio table just randomly shattered! Millions of pieces of glass everywhere.

JMBM 04-01-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16348160)
Sorry about those having migraines. Hope they will be banished now.
I took off work today and tomorrow, it's a beautiful day here, the high is to be 83. Tomorrow the high is to be in the 40s. Our weather here is crazy. I did a lot of yard work over the weekend and this morning. We have a humongous tree in our front yard and we finally got the majority of the leaves raked up, now that is a great feeling! I want to spend a lot of time outside this spring, and try to do alot of cooking out. Yesterday our patio table just randomly shattered! Millions of pieces of glass everywhere.

I've been looking forward to outside work also Sher. I'm so tired of being cooped up inside. We had a warm day a couple of weeks ago and I got a couple of hedges trimmed and weeded out my flower bed. I could've gotten all the hedges trimmed had I not cut my extension cord.:annoyed: We also bought stain to stain the decks so I'm just looking forward to getting the place spruced up a little. It is a nice feeling of accomplishment!:high5:

deboratpc 04-01-2013 10:08 AM

OMG!!! Carly that is so scary! I hope you both get to go home and heal! Please take care and praying that you both recover very quickly!

Lori_:) 04-01-2013 10:10 AM

Oh Carly! So sorry to hear about your accident! Hope none of the injuries are serious and that you can go home soon. :hugs:

deborahlh 04-01-2013 10:13 AM

Sending prayers your way Carly!!:heart:

krow134 04-01-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Hugs and love. I hope you both have a quick recovery. Sorry this happened.

Trinigirl 04-01-2013 10:27 AM

Hope I can join this thread brand new and starting April trying to get control of my life..

KeirasMom 04-01-2013 10:28 AM

:hugs: I hope you and DW are okay, Carly! How scary!!