Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
So I have stretch marks on my stomach - find me a woman with kids who doesn't. They all appeared during or after pregnancy, of this I'm sure.
So today I'm doing my thing, looking in the mirror and to my horror - I have a new stretch mark!!! Its higher than the "baby" ones, right next to my belly button on the right side. Um, excuse me? How is it I'm getting stretch marks from LOSING weight?!?!?!?!?!?!
I'm a little traumatized here...
<That's me, in the corner, in the fetal position, rocking back & forth>
Me,NO stretch marks,anywhere...but 3 c-sections so my stomach still resembles a road map,I think we ALL got something to contend with just gotta love ourselves regardless of the flaws...You sure its a new stretchmark?Idk why that would happen during WL.

Last edited by Kimberli33; 04-08-2013 at 08:17 AM..
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #152
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Tanya, I'm glad your internet search made you feel more at ease. I sure hope what you suspect is true.

Carly, I'm happy to hear your pain from the accident has mostly faded. You'll have so much fun in Florida! Enjoy yourself, and wear whatever feels most comfortable to you.

Jen, new stretchmarks is kinda weird when you're losing, but think how much our skin is going through getting smaller. Like Carly, I have them and they're not pregnancy related but fat related. They're fading though, I've noticed, and I do love dry brushing. I've got to get that started again!

Mel, welcome back from vacation! I'm so glad you had a good time and nice weather.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #153
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Had a terrible night. I obviously consumed something that I was sensitive to or allergic to. I woke almost hourly and was itching all over. The only thing I can think of different yesterday was my new Chocolate Covered Easter Egg flavored coffee. Won't be trying that again. I am still itching this morning but not as bad as last night. Plus my ankles and hands are swollen .
I am hoping my potato DD will help.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #154
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Had a terrible night. I obviously consumed something that I was sensitive to or allergic to. I woke almost hourly and was itching all over. The only thing I can think of different yesterday was my new Chocolate Covered Easter Egg flavored coffee. Won't be trying that again. I am still itching this morning but not as bad as last night. Plus my ankles and hands are swollen .
I am hoping my potato DD will help.
Darn Adi that is terrible...I have had that too at times.I can never figure out what mine is from.Same symptoms,swelling and itching.It about drives me mad.Glad your feeling somewhat better today.Benadryl tabs can ease the symptoms for me.
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deborahlh
Stats: 191/191/150
WOE: IF
Start Date: July 2014
Holy stretchmarks! i've had them for years....way before i even had my son. Mine stem from years of gaining and losing weight. I started dry brushing about 6 months ago and can't tell a difference yet.
deborahlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

I hope you and DW have an amazing vacation Carly...you both really deserve it!!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/2/13
Hi JBs,

I am posting this morning feeling totally disappointed. I stepped on the scale this morning and was up .9. So, since I started with JUDDD last Tuesday, I have actually gained. I am so frustrated I could scream.

On the positive side, my energy levels have geen good and I have not binged since I started. I feel good that I have been able to stick with it JUDDD since Tuesday. Both of these I do feel like are progress in the right direction. I know there are other health benefits as well. Though, I am not sure this is enough to sustain me when I am not losing.

I really just feel like crying. I have not really had trouble losing before on many different diets. I would see results within the first few days and that helped me commit and stick with it. I get so inspired when I see how wonderful everyone else is doing with JUDDD. Then I saw my own scale this morning and just about fell apart. You all are so supportive and I could really use some of it now.

Why isn't this WOE working for me?
DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #158
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSHMith View Post
Hi JBs,

I am posting this morning feeling totally disappointed. I stepped on the scale this morning and was up .9. So, since I started with JUDDD last Tuesday, I have actually gained. I am so frustrated I could scream.

On the positive side, my energy levels have geen good and I have not binged since I started. I feel good that I have been able to stick with it JUDDD since Tuesday. Both of these I do feel like are progress in the right direction. I know there are other health benefits as well. Though, I am not sure this is enough to sustain me when I am not losing.

I really just feel like crying. I have not really had trouble losing before on many different diets. I would see results within the first few days and that helped me commit and stick with it. I get so inspired when I see how wonderful everyone else is doing with JUDDD. Then I saw my own scale this morning and just about fell apart. You all are so supportive and I could really use some of it now.

to you, first of all! I know you were expecting a nice loss after staying on plan all week. You definitely deserve it! You're allowed to feel disappointed and upset.

But now, let's step back and try to figure it out. You're awfully close to your goal weight, which could mean it won't come off as quickly as you'd like. Did you add carbs back after being LC for awhile? Start exercising when you weren't before, or change your routine? Any of those things will cause some fluid retention and/or muscle building, which definitely could affect the scale number.

What about your DD and UD calories? Are you confident that you have calculated them correctly? If you don't mind sharing your stats, we can make sure you've got them right.

I'm so happy you posted your frustrations here and didn't just throw in the towel and disappear. I think you may need a combination of tweaks and/or just some time to settle into JUDDD. Many of our most successful JBs didn't lose for several weeks in the beginning, but are shining examples of this WOE now.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #159
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi JBs,

i didn't lose anything the first two weeks I did JUDDD. If I had quit then, I would not be at goal and in maintenance now.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
to you, first of all! I know you were expecting a nice loss after staying on plan all week. You definitely deserve it! You're allowed to feel disappointed and upset.

But now, let's step back and try to figure it out. You're awfully close to your goal weight, which could mean it won't come off as quickly as you'd like. Did you add carbs back after being LC for awhile? Start exercising when you weren't before, or change your routine? Any of those things will cause some fluid retention and/or muscle building, which definitely could affect the scale number.

What about your DD and UD calories? Are you confident that you have calculated them correctly? If you don't mind sharing your stats, we can make sure you've got them right.

thank you so much for your response LoCarbGal! I really did feel your hug and you get one right back!
It's kind of funny actually, you mentioned me being "close to your goal weight". I am actually 32.8 pounds from my goal weight. To me that does not seem close. However, compared to others, I guess it may seem that way. I am grateful for that moment of perspective.

As to your other questions, yes, I have been tracking every bite and sticking to the calculated UD and DD totals as calculated on the JUDDD site (1784 UD/357 DD). Yesterday, I did have two servings of vegetable broth, which does have some sodium. Though, I am usually not that sensitive to it. I was not expecting to retain water particularly because I drank 120 ozs of water yesterday, including 24 ozs of lemon water. I did also have some Walden Farms zero calorie caramel dip yesterday. It is the first time I have eaten that. So maybe there is something in it I am sensitive to.

I am not eating low carb. Though, I am trying to stay away from junk foods, high-sugar and empty calories in favor of vegetables and fruit (less fruit as it can spike a craving).

Thank you also to adillenal for your kind response! I am used to seeing fairly quick weight loss in the past. I am wondering if this could be slowed because I came to JUDDD by way of the HCG diet. I was on that for three days and lost three pounds, but I could not sustain that 500 cals every day. So, I quit and hopped right onto JUDDD. Maybe that could impact my ability to lose on JUDDD for the first couple of weeks?

If the scale does not change in a good way when I weigh again on Wedneday, I am going to start the potato hack.

Thank you for your help in advance.

DaSH

Last edited by DaSHMith; 04-08-2013 at 11:00 AM..
Old 04-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Thank you also to adillenal for your kind response!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #162
Big Yapper!!!!

You're welcome! The potato hack is a wonderful thing to behold, for sure. But I actually wonder if you should give JUDDD a few more weeks before trying anything so radically different. Your body probably needs time to adjust, and build up your sirtuins to full throttle. If you switch after just over a week, I'm afraid you haven't given it enough time to really do its thing for you. Just my thoughts. I've seen several of the successful JBs (Adi, Carly, Dawn) recommend giving it a month before giving up or tweaking too much.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Hi JBs,

Maybe some of the HCG girls can chime in and tell you how they did when they switched over. I imagine going TO HCG was a big change for your bod, and then you switched right over to JUDDD! (another mongo big change!) I say keep doing what you're doing and reevaluate in the next few week or two! (and vent when you need to, heaven knows I do!)

Thanks LCG!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
So I have stretch marks on my stomach - find me a woman with kids who doesn't. They all appeared during or after pregnancy, of this I'm sure.
So today I'm doing my thing, looking in the mirror and to my horror - I have a new stretch mark!!! Its higher than the "baby" ones, right next to my belly button on the right side. Um, excuse me? How is it I'm getting stretch marks from LOSING weight?!?!?!?!?!?!
I'm a little traumatized here...
<That's me, in the corner, in the fetal position, rocking back & forth>
I got my first stretch marks on my hips when I was about 15 years old, when my body first started changing into a "womanly" shape. I was only about 100 lbs. Stretch marks are just part of life.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi JBs,

I haven't been JUDDDing long enough to give advice, but stay strong we are all here for you! I watched the pbs documentary on fasting last night and it was so interesting. There are so many health benefits to this WOE....try to look at it that way and the rest will come I'm sure!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Some signs of spring from my garden this weekend:
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #167
Big Yapper!!!!

Beautiful pictures!!!! Lovely!!! My "garden" is a mess of weeds!!! Yikes, how did it get that way, and how am I going to mow it, LOL!

I am so stressed out right now. I was out looking around at the yard, and the weeds...ack!!! Plus, my bills have gotten out of hand and I'm worried to death over paying each month. Bf seems to think it's no problem. Will not discuss it and it causes a screaming argument every single time I bring it up.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #168
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Purdy!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
Some signs of spring from my garden this weekend:
So pretty!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Librarygirl
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LG, finances are so stressful. I'm so sorry you're struggling and it's causing tension. Does BF overspend and not see a problem? Is there truly a problem or do you worry about stuff and he just has faith things will work out ok? ACK regardless, huge hugs to you! I loathe financial worries.

Luv, gorgeous! Send spring to the north country, would ya? It clearly has not gotten the memo yet!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:

Although its been said already, I'd say because you haven't given it enough time. My understanding from reading on the HCG boards is that isn't really something that you can jump into and out of without consequences...and in this case, the consequence might be a stall as you switch WOE. One week definitely isn't enough time to see a dramatic move in JUDDD. Its a slow WOE, and not linear at all, so you also may have caught yourself on an up bounce.

I would definitely wait before jumping into a potato hack, especially if that would then be the third WOE in as many weeks. Your system is going to be so haywire right now that you're going to find it even harder to let go of fat - which is what we're aiming for. Water weight is going to fluctuate with the potato hack too, there are stories in the hack threads of people gaining up to 4 pounds when starting the hacks, and I personally gained 2# after ending a 7 day hack and going back to normal JUDDD rotations. Its a great tool but also has its drawbacks if you're looking for fast scale movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Have fun, Carly!!

Update on Lily:

She's 4 months and now 55.5 pounds! The vet says she's healthy and at a good weight for her frame, but needs to be on a diet because she's growing too fast and it's not good for her bones and joints. This has me .
Dawn,
Large bred dogs that grow too fast can have a multitude of bone/joint problems that might not be evident until much later in life. The body is working so fast to lay down bone and cartilage that it "screws up" and then, when she's 2, 3, 4 years old, she has raging arthritis with no good reason for it. Its because she was growing too fast NOW and laid down sub-par cartilage which then breaks down way too fast, and that sets her up for arthritis. You can also get actual bone inflammation that will leave her sore and hurting for months until she outgrows her "growing pains".
So what your vet is trying to do is to cut back her energy and slow down her growth. She will likely end up looking pretty skinny, that's ok. Its good for her in the long run. So even though she's not "overweight" now, that's probably what he's talking about.
Hope the spay went well!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #173
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
LG, finances are so stressful. I'm so sorry you're struggling and it's causing tension. Does BF overspend and not see a problem? Is there truly a problem or do you worry about stuff and he just has faith things will work out ok? ACK regardless, huge hugs to you! I loathe financial worries.

Luv, gorgeous! Send spring to the north country, would ya? It clearly has not gotten the memo yet!
Idk, things seem to work out usually. I just hate having it all on my shoulders. I am the only one who seems to care whether ends meet. On top of it, I see so many things that need taken care of/repairs etc. and bf is not a handy man either. Looks like I need to get back in the dating pool.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Idk, things seem to work out usually. I just hate having it all on my shoulders. I am the only one who seems to care whether ends meet. On top of it, I see so many things that need taken care of/repairs etc. and bf is not a handy man either. Looks like I need to get back in the dating pool.
It's an awful lot of pressure to be the only one who seems to care. I take it having a heart to heart regarding your feelings wouldn't be beneficial? I haven't dated in a long, long, LONG time, so I am of no use in that department. Now, working through disagreements when you wanna clobber one another I am very familiar with after all these years.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

I need a coach lol. Every time I bring up a "sensitive" subject (i.e., money, getting things done around the house), no matter how I say it, it rarely ends well. I believe we were brought up very differently. We just go ahead and clobber each other. You mean there's another way? I've been divorced twice, so I guess that doesn't speak well for my communication abilities.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 04-08-2013 at 06:14 PM..
Old 04-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Men respond to the word, "need" because they understand themselves to be solvers and fixers of problems. Try to phrase your statements with the words, "I need". Think ahead what one sentence you'd like to say, say it clearly but without expectation right then. Men don't respond in the moment the way that women often do, rushing off to accomplish the fix right away. They get back to the problem after ruminating on it. So don't be surprised to have some subject changed the next day to what he's decided to do about your need. It won't be exactly what you wanted, but it may be close. Best wishes.

The above represents stuff I've learned from listening to Dr. John Gray (the Mars and Venus relationship books) and from puzzling over men for years.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I definitely NEED something different. Thanks, Whittlin. Maybe I should read that book too.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Speaking from 50 years of marriage, men and women are so different you'd think we were from different planets...men are fixers, women are listeners and huggers and expect things to fix themselves. I found that I had to be very explicit when I brought up topics with the old man...wish he were still around to fix things for me.

Hey Adi, I've been meaning ask...my understanding is that the potato hack works best by sticking to only potatoes for about seven days. Yet, I think I'm seeing that some of our JB's are eating potatoes only on DD's but eating normally on UD's. Am I seeing this correctly? Do you still recommend the potato hack to charge a stall?

Also, wanted to add a note...I brought out my GF to grill some asparagus for supper and remembered a box of Seapak Tempura Shrimp when I cleaned the freezer today. It was way out of date but decided to give it a try. It's the brown in the oven type, so I popped it on the grill...and they were oh so tasty. I didn't anticipate all the grease that came out of them, so will have to scrub the counter well tonight. I will definitely remember the brand and cooking on the grill...

and hugs to you, DaSHMith, I know how frustrated you must be...stay with it, it will do the trick....

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #179
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post

Hey Adi, I've been meaning ask...my understanding is that the potato hack works best by sticking to only potatoes for about seven days. Yet, I think I'm seeing that some of our JB's are eating potatoes only on DD's but eating normally on UD's. Am I seeing this correctly? Do you still recommend the potato hack to charge a stall?
I only do the potato hack on DD's. And not every DD. But it allows me to eat higher calories and still maintain. I usually also include a potato meal or sometimes two on my UD's. I am eating a lot of potatoes but not doing JUST potatoes even on DD's I still have eggs and coffee with HWC for breakfast.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Well, I definitely NEED something different. Thanks, Whittlin. Maybe I should read that book too.
Oh I could have a field day with those two words!!! "I need" you to get off your @$$ and take the trash out. I'm so sorry I couldn't resist. But she's totally right. If they think they are responsible for fixing the problem, or saving the day they seem to look at the situation differently. My DH does anyway. lol Hope I haven't offended anyone. I just know me with my sarcastic nature that's what I would be wanting to say.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote