Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 04:34 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
I watched the show online yesterday. Very interesting. I'm going to have my Honey watch it this weekend. It is supposed to be available at their site until May 5th.

He talked with a lady studying ADF and she said that they were surprised to find that most people just could not eat to 175% on their Up Days, but stayed around 110%. I know everyone has gone to town once in a while, but it is nice to know that over the long haul, it does settle down.

I also thought it was interesting that he settled on one meal a day, for his Down Days, rather than a few mini-meals. I wonder if that is the male-female difference. Seems like most of us spread it out. Could it be because women tend to be more used to ridiculously small meals from their dieting history?

I loved that his blood results were so good after the five weeks, and was really touched by his statement at the end, that he thinks this is the one thing he has tried, that he feels could make a radical difference in people's health if they did it.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 05:08 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Ok so, I finally did it!! I quit my job!! I had enough and talked to hubby and he said do it! You all know how miserable I have been, and this man needs a med adjustment but to tell wife, I am the butt for it. Yesterday I had a screaming headache and he wanted to go get his oil changed because it was 50 miles over the 3000 miles. I said "can I take you monday, I dont feel up to par today". Well he went on a screaming fit, threw his cane at me and said maybe I should find a new job since I dont know my priorities here........so I said ok I will......and at 5:30 when his wife called and said she was on her way....he said see you monday...said nope you fired me remember..he said I was kidding, we are all friends, I didnt mean to yell.......I said hmm mmm and walked out the door! I told hubby I will take about 2 weeks to get sons medical issues worked out and then I will start applying anywhere I think I might like to work. Can I tell you how happy I am at the moment. I mean the money issue and all that but the feeling of being able to take a deep breath and not deal with what I have to at that place is just amazing to me right now! OMGosh I am just to happy for the situation!!

Now to get ready for my doctors appointment. They rescheduled me from last week til today. I have a list of my complaints and a few more things that have come up and crossing fingers that new gynie listens. I told my mom I wanted tested for PCOS and she said.....no better ask for thyroid testing instead. I said why......and she said everything I told her, was her years ago....and she turned out to have thyroid cancer.....I do remember that after she said it. Not that thats what I have, but she said she ignored it til it wasnt ignorable anymore so not to take her same steps. So I added that to my list! Will tell ya how it goes later!! Hopefully the new doc doesnt think I am arrogant going in saying I want this tested and that tested. But with my list, how can she not!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!

Last edited by krow134; 04-05-2013 at 05:10 AM..
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:20 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Wow Tanya, you must be feeling so relieved not to have to face that client any more! Well done!!

I wish you success with the medics and here's to enjoyable future employment.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Tanya that was so strong of you, I think you are doing the right thing. I am sure you will find work. Glad you are going to the Doctor all prepared, that is the best way to go about it. How is DS?

I was very pleased to see the scales drop well after 3 UDs, and 1 DD. I am still amazed that 5:2 really works, for me anyway.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I'm glad it's working so well for you, Cindy.I hope to get there after I get closer to maintenance.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #96

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
We are keeping a seat warm for you Cindy.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Tanya, that's so great. Nobody should have to be subjected to the kind of treatment that guys gave you. I think they're going to be shocked at how hard it will be to find someone else as good and patient....and tolerant of his, shall we say...quirks as you have been. You'll be so much better off without that stress in your life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Ok so, I finally did it!! I quit my job!! I had enough and talked to hubby and he said do it! You all know how miserable I have been, and this man needs a med adjustment but to tell wife, I am the butt for it. Yesterday I had a screaming headache and he wanted to go get his oil changed because it was 50 miles over the 3000 miles. I said "can I take you monday, I dont feel up to par today". Well he went on a screaming fit, threw his cane at me and said maybe I should find a new job since I dont know my priorities here........so I said ok I will......and at 5:30 when his wife called and said she was on her way....he said see you monday...said nope you fired me remember..he said I was kidding, we are all friends, I didnt mean to yell.......I said hmm mmm and walked out the door! I told hubby I will take about 2 weeks to get sons medical issues worked out and then I will start applying anywhere I think I might like to work. Can I tell you how happy I am at the moment. I mean the money issue and all that but the feeling of being able to take a deep breath and not deal with what I have to at that place is just amazing to me right now! OMGosh I am just to happy for the situation!!

Now to get ready for my doctors appointment. They rescheduled me from last week til today. I have a list of my complaints and a few more things that have come up and crossing fingers that new gynie listens. I told my mom I wanted tested for PCOS and she said.....no better ask for thyroid testing instead. I said why......and she said everything I told her, was her years ago....and she turned out to have thyroid cancer.....I do remember that after she said it. Not that thats what I have, but she said she ignored it til it wasnt ignorable anymore so not to take her same steps. So I added that to my list! Will tell ya how it goes later!! Hopefully the new doc doesnt think I am arrogant going in saying I want this tested and that tested. But with my list, how can she not!
Good for you Tanya! I'm sure you'll feel much better being out of that stressful environment! Hope you get good results from you're testing!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #99

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
WTG Tanya! I'm proud of you and hopeful you'll find a job you enjoy, where they appreciate you.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
Happy for you, Tanya. I hope workplace searches turn out very positive for you. I know you've been worrying about this quite a while. Work shouldn't be someplace you have to dread.

Sirtain, I guess men respond better to an "all or nothing" mentality, either having nothing or plenty at a meal. It could be something we could learn from, though. Ever since I heard Mosley again, saying he chose one daily meal, I've been thinking, well, if I could get through to a late lunch, then have plenty for that one meal, maybe the evening cravings would be acceptable, since they'd be the only ones. I don't know - have always had good luck with small meals through the day.

Today is a down day and I had a half a pear mid-morning, which is like, 50 calories. If in the early afternoon I have a full, satisfying meal of 500, and then stop, I could probably feel well all day.

I understand why he chose early breakfast (work related decision), but it seems especially restrictive to expect the rest of the day to be zero if it doesn't have to be.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Good for you, Tanya!!! I'm glad you are relieved and taking a break now.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

thank you! I am still happy over the lack of work at moment! lol!!

Ok so went to the new gynie.......I loveddddddd her!! I have good news and bad news....we will start will the good. She is running every test under the sun for me, full panel thyroid, estrogen, testosterone, cbc, glycohemoglobin, lipid panel, prolactin, and comprehensive metabolic. She said there may be a mix of both PCOS and thyroid in here. Especially with fibroids. She is also ordering a sonogram of my uterus to see how big they are, she could feel them with pelvic exam and said she wants her own images to keep an eye on them. SHe said she could feel that my uterus is very lumpy. She said if you have fibroids you also have something else going on and she will find it for me. Fibroids are a product of an unbalance and that red flagged her she said. So very happy with all the blood and stuff she wants to do........

on to the bad.........scared to death bad........ok so I told her about my left boob......told her how I complained last year to my old gynie and he said point blank "you have small breast, if there was something there I would of felt it." Well she felt it.....I have tissue indent and a mass of nodules that should not be there. I am getting a mammogram for this......her words of advice......DO NOT LOOK IT UP ON THE INTERENT and lets hope really hard its pockets of fat. She was shocked that my old gynie wouldnt do anything more on it, she just shook her head and said a year......The look on her face when she felt it is what sent shivers through me. I told her my sister has cystic breasts whats the chances, she said "it doesnt feel like a cyst, lets just get the mammogram and go from there"............. what the heck is a mass of nodules????????????? I am scared and I have no clue and uggggghhhhhhhhh......I have to wait til April 16th to get all the testing done, and then wont know results until April 26th!!!!!!!! The waiting is gonna break me.......

Oh and she is going to check my sugar and stuff too because I told her about JUDDD and how I run but my weight is climbing again......her scale said 183...WTHeck?......I told her it seems like for every 10lbs I lose 5 comes back on for no reason! She said she has heard good things about fasting and I can continue it and keep running and we will see what the blood test show....

My son is getting his sonogram on sunday, they scheduled a weekend for me because of work and his school. So I will know more for him soon!!! His doc thinks no surgery now though......hes still growing!!

Last edited by krow134; 04-05-2013 at 11:27 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #103

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
for a good outcome for you. Take her advice and DO NOT do internet searches yet. Wait until you have a definitive answer, so you don't worry yourself crazy if it might be nothing.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #104
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Tanya, I'm so glad you've found a great doctor. She sounds like she really listened and is open to what you've been experiencing.

The breast part is scary I know. It won't be easy waiting on the tests and the results, but I agree with her not to look it up on the internet. Not until she's gotten the tests back. I think it's smart to me an informed medical consumer, but there is so much mis-information and scary stories out there, they overshadow the more reasonable and less dramatic information. Stress is what you DON'T need right now, and that's probably where you'd go if you started reading.

It sounds like you can put your trust in your doctor, so let her do what she needs to do. I am that it is nothing serious and you can go on about your life, knowing you're in good medical hands now. If it is something, you have the right doctor and she'll take good care of you. Wish I could give you a real life hug!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I need to smear vaselline on the lens.
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Katiebub, will have you in my
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
yeah, I avoid pictures of myself at all cost, and it is depressing
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:

Ok so went to the new gynie.......I loveddddddd her!! I have good news and bad news....we will start will the good. She is running every test under the sun for me, full panel thyroid, estrogen, testosterone, cbc, glycohemoglobin, lipid panel, prolactin, and comprehensive metabolic. She said there may be a mix of both PCOS and thyroid in here. Especially with fibroids. She is also ordering a sonogram of my uterus to see how big they are, she could feel them with pelvic exam and said she wants her own images to keep an eye on them. SHe said she could feel that my uterus is very lumpy. She said if you have fibroids you also have something else going on and she will find it for me. Fibroids are a product of an unbalance and that red flagged her she said. So very happy with all the blood and stuff she wants to do........

on to the bad.........scared to death bad........ok so I told her about my left boob......told her how I complained last year to my old gynie and he said point blank "you have small breast, if there was something there I would of felt it." Well she felt it.....I have tissue indent and a mass of nodules that should not be there. I am getting a mammogram for this......her words of advice......DO NOT LOOK IT UP ON THE INTERENT and lets hope really hard its pockets of fat. She was shocked that my old gynie wouldnt do anything more on it, she just shook her head and said a year......The look on her face when she felt it is what sent shivers through me. I told her my sister has cystic breasts whats the chances, she said "it doesnt feel like a cyst, lets just get the mammogram and go from there"............. what the heck is a mass of nodules????????????? I am scared and I have no clue and uggggghhhhhhhhh......I have to wait til April 16th to get all the testing done, and then wont know results until April 26th!!!!!!!! The waiting is gonna break me.......

Oh and she is going to check my sugar and stuff too because I told her about JUDDD and how I run but my weight is climbing again......her scale said 183...WTHeck?......I told her it seems like for every 10lbs I lose 5 comes back on for no reason! She said she has heard good things about fasting and I can continue it and keep running and we will see what the blood test show....

My son is getting his sonogram on sunday, they scheduled a weekend for me because of work and his school. So I will know more for him soon!!! His doc thinks no surgery now though......hes still growing!!
Good for you on quitting the job, stress can be so bad for us, and can cause a great many symptoms, and money isn't everything, I know you gotta have it, but at what expense? I hope you find a wonderful job. I don't know how much a medication aide job pays, but if you have your CNA, I think that's all the pre-requisite you need. Or if you are a nurse, you will have no problem finding a job.
I agree about NOT DOING INTERNET SEARCHES. If you are anything like me, it will have you thinking the worst. Just don't do it! Praying for you that everything is fine, I'm so glad you have this doctor now!!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you. Now see who needs the internet when all you have to do is place a phone call to your mom, who is a nurse, and who also panics very easy!!! Oh heck she just said everything I didnt want to hear!!! lol I still love her thought!!! She had me read all the blood work ordered and told me the doc is also checking my pituatary (sp?) gland too! My mom said I like this doctor and havent even met her lol!!! Well if anything I will finally after all these years get an answer I have sought!!

I have my CNA, but I have done this 20 years and well........I am so burnout with caregiver fatigue that I just cant see me doing this anymore! I am looking at maybe a cashiers job. I will still get to be around people cause I am such a people person. But I wont have to deal with direct care, and families, and meds and that kind of stuff anymore! I just want a change I think. Well hubby said on phone not to turn in applications until we know for sure what is wrong with me. So I got the go ahead from the boss (haha!) to take a few weeks off!! Yeah!!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Katie, I hope you get good news on all of your test results. I know it is hard waiting and wondering.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
I watched the show online yesterday. Very interesting. I'm going to have my Honey watch it this weekend. It is supposed to be available at their site until May 5th.

He talked with a lady studying ADF and she said that they were surprised to find that most people just could not eat to 175% on their Up Days, but stayed around 110%. I know everyone has gone to town once in a while, but it is nice to know that over the long haul, it does settle down.

I also thought it was interesting that he settled on one meal a day, for his Down Days, rather than a few mini-meals. I wonder if that is the male-female difference. Seems like most of us spread it out. Could it be because women tend to be more used to ridiculously small meals from their dieting history?

I loved that his blood results were so good after the five weeks, and was really touched by his statement at the end, that he thinks this is the one thing he has tried, that he feels could make a radical difference in people's health if they did it.
I always just did a small dinner or a small bedtime snack. If I start eating it's all over.

I usually just eat dinner and a bed time snack on UD too, just a lot more.

Quote:
Ok so, I finally did it!! I quit my job!! I told hubby I will take about 2 weeks to get sons medical issues worked out and then I will start applying anywhere I think I might like to work. Can I tell you how happy I am at the moment. I mean the money issue and all that but the feeling of being able to take a deep breath and not deal with what I have to at that place is just amazing to me right now! OMGosh I am just to happy for the situation!!
I'm proud of you- that is not easy.

Quote:

Ok so went to the new gynie.......I loveddddddd her!! I have good news and bad news....we will start will the good.
Sending tons of prayers. I have gone through this 3x with DW- every time we got good news. I tell her we won't own anything till we have to.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you everyone! I feel better knowing you all care so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

Sending tons of prayers. I have gone through this 3x with DW- every time we got good news. I tell her we won't own anything till we have to.
Thank you! I knew you have been threw this with your DW and you were who I knew would tell me if you thought it was bad! I am happy to say, I was looking at my blood work and imaging papers. I seen the one said for the sonogram- History of Fibroids and PCOS <----shes acknowledging the possiblilty of PCOS without a diagnosis!!! That makes me so very very happy! Years of begging the old gynie to even think about it and he wouldnt, and this new doc knew me 5 mins and listened!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

This is a weird question: Can you see my age on my profile? I have it so it's viewable, but do I have to actually write it in my details?

ETA: Silly question, I will add it manually.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
This is a weird question: Can you see my age on my profile? I have it so it's viewable, but do I have to actually write it in my details?

ETA: Silly question, I will add it manually.
I see it!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Katiebubb, I was so happy for you when I saw that you were able to quit that awful job..

I'm so sorry to hear you have to go through a lot of worry. Your new doctor sounds fantastic, though.

and.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
I see it!
Me, too.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Tanya, great news about the new doctor, and don't jump yet till you get the tests back.

Im curious about the fibroids comment, bc i have them too (outside, pointing away.. supposedly "the best" to have if you have them?) but no other hormonal imbalance has been found with me... So I'm interested in any info you find out.

Good for you on quitting, that guy was an ass.

S
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Tanya!
STAY. OFF. THE. INTERNET!!!! (Except here, of course.)
That is all.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #119
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning JB's. I just got up. Yay, it's the weekend baby! I think I'm going to do a MD today, or even another UD. I feel weak and shaky and my weight only went up .4 after yesterday's UD. That's a good thing, but I feel like I need some nutrition. Anyway, I'm not fussed about it, just going to do what my body needs. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
Tanya, I can feel your confidence in this dr. With so many possible ordinary answers, there is no reason to suspect anything else, or to borrow trouble. Interesting that she says don't even look on internet - that tells me she doesn't think the bad things you might find on the internet will pertain to you.

I had a good dd yesterday, but did have a few bites of fried fish (odd choice - daughter had leftovers and it was available) in the evening. A good scale number this a.m. made me feel I was right on target with a solid rotation. So I'd give the "main lunch" experiment a thumbs up.

One problem I have is that I'm supposed to take a capsule in the evening, and when I take it without food it sometimes doesn't go down well. So I am often torn about no more calories on dds and will eat some odd thing to "protect" me from that capsule. All others go down okay, just this silly one.

Cindy, there's no way to know if we saw it before....? Don't remember seeing it (seldom look for that). But, yes, see it now. If you want to experiment and take it back to the way you had it before, we could let you know?
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote