Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lc-chica
Stats: 164.4/152/140 5'5"
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 4-14-13
Hey everyone. Sounds like everyone is doing well.

I am feeling better each DD. More optimistic, no longer dreaming about food, just enjoying the day. Actually on some Up days, I go to bed thinking - I need a DD tomorrow. It feels good really. And the next day I can eat yummy foods that I love, and LOSE WEIGHT. It's awesome.

Feeling so free. And happy!
lc-chica is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Vicki, if Thursday is a UD, there's no reason why you can't do a high DD on Friday if you want. I other words it doesn't have to be a MD, though the MD allowance would be a sensible upper limit if you can stick within it. Have a great time anyway !

Sounds as if the Newbies are already doing really well!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Vicki, you could also do a potato day as a transition day.
Jealous - we didn't go to the BBQ (I'm assuming Thunder Ranch?) but I wanted to. There were only so many hours and so many meals to be had.
Ug, we're less than 2 weeks back and I'm already dying to go again. My PhotoPass CD should be here any day now...
If I had it to go over again, I think I'd skip college and move to SoCal and work for Disney for the rest of my life.
The gal who did Sam's silhouette has been there, doing them, for 35 years!!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vickismc
Stats: 5'2" 198/147/140
WOE: HCG 5/2012-9/2012 Lost 40lbs JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I know we're planning on at least going to the Museum of Tolerance. That's been something we've just been waiting for her to be old enough/mature enough to comprehend without being scarred for life. I went to Anne Frank's attic in Amsterdam when I was 10, and it really helped to shape my world view. We've also talked about the Science Center. Sounds like it's great and interactive. We love the Exploratorium in San Francisco. We're such geeks.

We almost went to Disney last Hallowe'en, but thought it would be crazy crowded. Maybe we'll shoot for October this year and we can hang out if you'll be around.
We've never been to the Museum of Tolerance but I have that on my to-see list. The Science Museum is probably similar to the Exploratorium and it does have a lot of interactive displays. We are geeks too! My DF is an engineer so he is really a geek and I am a book worm/liberal arts kind of geek so believe it or not we mesh well.

Halloween time is not really any worse than summer crowds and the decorations are great and the villian characters are out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Vicki, if Thursday is a UD, there's no reason why you can't do a high DD on Friday if you want. I other words it doesn't have to be a MD, though the MD allowance would be a sensible upper limit if you can stick within it. Have a great time anyway !

Sounds as if the Newbies are already doing really well!
Yes, Thurs. is a DD. I think I will do a high DD on Friday since my DD's are really low around 100 cals I think I'll shoot for a high DD of 800 cals and see how it goes. I'm hoping I don't mess up my weight loss for the month because I am close to goal. I will have two more DD's after Sat. so hopefully...keeping fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Vicki, you could also do a potato day as a transition day.
Jealous - we didn't go to the BBQ (I'm assuming Thunder Ranch?) but I wanted to. There were only so many hours and so many meals to be had.
Ug, we're less than 2 weeks back and I'm already dying to go again. My PhotoPass CD should be here any day now...
If I had it to go over again, I think I'd skip college and move to SoCal and work for Disney for the rest of my life.
The gal who did Sam's silhouette has been there, doing them, for 35 years!!!!
Yes, Thunder Ranch BBQ. It is soooo good and a lot of fun. We don't do it often but do usually go if out of town Disney visitors want to go.
Oh, I am with you about working for Disney! I wish I would have done the College Program but I am not sure they had that when I was in college...eons ago! I live 60 miles from DL and I would so work there if I lived closer. The traffic is horrible in LA, I'm sure you've noticed and it takes me anywhere from 1.5 hours to 2 hours to get there so working there, which would have to be part time since I do need my day job to pay the bills, is out. I do want to work there when I retire though...or move to FL and work at WDW. That is where I was headed before moving to CA. My DD was off to college and I had plans to move to FL near WDW but then Mr. CA came into my life and I am now on the other coast.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MemoryKeeper
Stats: 233.5/183.5/133
WOE: Currently: Rx hcg
Start Date: 10/18/2011
TODAY was THE DAY when the energy burst through! I read about it, but wow, wow, wow! And today is a DD! It's 1:30 and I'm still not hungry. It is unbelievable. I'm so hyper I can't believe it! I'm even typing faster than normal! Woo hoo! So far I'm excited to report that I've been pretty stable on my weigh in's after my UDs.

Loving this. Hope it continues to work, because this weight is a set-point for me, and it has been very challenging to break through!

Thanks again for all the support!

Start Weight: 233.5 (06/05/2011)
hcg 1 (Oct. 2011): 218/198
hcg 2 (Feb. 2012): 198/184
hcg 3 (April 2012): 184/167.5
hcg 4 (July 2012): 165.5/153.5
hcg 5 (July 2014): 183.5/???
MemoryKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #216
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Jeanette I am thrilled, it is quite amazing sometimes. A real 'high'.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #217
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryKeeper View Post
TODAY was THE DAY when the energy burst through! I read about it, but wow, wow, wow! And today is a DD! It's 1:30 and I'm still not hungry. It is unbelievable. I'm so hyper I can't believe it! I'm even typing faster than normal! Woo hoo! So far I'm excited to report that I've been pretty stable on my weigh in's after my UDs.

Loving this. Hope it continues to work, because this weight is a set-point for me, and it has been very challenging to break through!

Thanks again for all the support!
I love the DD high. Sometimes, I try to delay eating just so I can experience it a little longer. Welcome to the JUDDD Magic Kingdom.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #218
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I love the DD high. Sometimes, I try to delay eating just so I can experience it a little longer. Welcome to the JUDDD Magic Kingdom.
YEAH! It's awesome!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 218/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
17 days, 8lbs gone, off of 2 out of 3 B/P meds...as of today. We shall see what happens...
grannysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
Start Date: 4/2/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannysmith View Post
17 days, 8lbs gone, off of 2 out of 3 B/P meds...as of today. We shall see what happens...
that is amazing news Grannysmith! Congrats on being off of your BP meds! Work it gurrrrllll
DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #221
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So so so great!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
That is awesome!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
That is fantastic!
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Wowzers Grannysmith! Love it!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
TODAY was THE DAY when the energy burst through! I read about it, but wow, wow, wow! And today is a DD! It's 1:30 and I'm still not hungry. !
I'm so pleased for you -I hope that you and JUDDD continue to find each other compatible.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
to everyone! Trying to scroll through this morning and it sure seems like you April folks are rocking!!!!!! KUTGW you guys! Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Today I weighed in very nervously.... lost .8 lb. I am happy with that. I am looking a lot thinner, can definitely tell. With the last drop of weight, I didn't really notice anything and now I do.

Anyways have not had a good DD since Tuesday (yikes). Thursday started out good but had a family emergency, came home at 4 full of nerves, said "I'm hungry" and ate a small bagel with butter, and coffee. The good news is I actually stopped there! I didn't binge, which normally I would have. But I decided to make Friday a DD instead, so I ate a real (sorta) dinner under the circumstances, and I thought I was okay as far as a UP goes on Thursday (to prepare for Friday).

Welllll Friday came around and I was okay, I was more hungry than usual DD's in the morning, but I lasted until around 4pm, when I started to feel my blood sugar CRASHING. I was out and about so I grabbed a fruit and yogurt at McDonalds. That helped a little. I had more errands to do though. Well anyways, once I got home I grabbed some chocolate, which still didn't put me too much over... THEN my husband said he wanted to go out to eat, so we did. I didn't eat much but you know how restaurant food is, I'm sure there was tons of calories in it. But I am okay with it. Tomorrow is a new fresh DD!

When we got home later that night, my husband and I were goofing around and he said something about he brought me out to dinner. And I said "I didn't want to go to dinner, it's a DD! Haven't you figured it out yet!" LOL. Come on, work with me.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:45 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlett46
Stats: 179/150/135 5'3" 43yo
WOE: SB/JUDDD
Start Date: SB: 6/2007 JUDDD: 4/2013
Hi everyone! Just started - and I'm down 3.4lbs after my second DD. It's been a very long time since I've seen ANY scale movement, so that's a big WOO-HOO for me!
Scarlett46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #229
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
TODAY was THE DAY when the energy burst through! I read about it, but wow, wow, wow!Thanks again for all the support!
DDs are awesome! I'm so glad you feel it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett46 View Post
Hi everyone! Just started - and I'm down 3.4lbs after my second DD. It's been a very long time since I've seen ANY scale movement, so that's a big WOO-HOO for me!
Fantastic! This is so going to work for you!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
That is fantastic!
Sorry I missed this sweet post! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I'm so pleased for you -I hope that you and JUDDD continue to find each other compatible.
We're becoming very good friends, Juddd and I! I think we'll soon be buddds! LOL! Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
to everyone! Trying to scroll through this morning and it sure seems like you April folks are rocking!!!!!! KUTGW you guys! Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!
It is fun to make this work! Loving it! Woot! Woot! I really enjoy planning my DDs! Tomorrow is a turkey pepperoni and cucumber sandwich with hot sauce. It's really very good for those crinkling your noses (LOL!).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc-chica View Post
Today I weighed in very nervously.... lost .8 lb. I am happy with that. I am looking a lot thinner, can definitely tell. With the last drop of weight, I didn't really notice anything and now I do.

Anyways have not had a good DD since Tuesday (yikes). Thursday started out good but had a family emergency, came home at 4 full of nerves, said "I'm hungry" and ate a small bagel with butter, and coffee. The good news is I actually stopped there! I didn't binge, which normally I would have. But I decided to make Friday a DD instead, so I ate a real (sorta) dinner under the circumstances, and I thought I was okay as far as a UP goes on Thursday (to prepare for Friday).

Welllll Friday came around and I was okay, I was more hungry than usual DD's in the morning, but I lasted until around 4pm, when I started to feel my blood sugar CRASHING. I was out and about so I grabbed a fruit and yogurt at McDonalds. That helped a little. I had more errands to do though. Well anyways, once I got home I grabbed some chocolate, which still didn't put me too much over... THEN my husband said he wanted to go out to eat, so we did. I didn't eat much but you know how restaurant food is, I'm sure there was tons of calories in it. But I am okay with it. Tomorrow is a new fresh DD!

When we got home later that night, my husband and I were goofing around and he said something about he brought me out to dinner. And I said "I didn't want to go to dinner, it's a DD! Haven't you figured it out yet!" LOL. Come on, work with me.
LOL, hubs are hilarious! My hubby hasn't figured out my schedule yet and I'm 2 weeks in! You did great under the circumstances! Wow on you WL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett46 View Post
YIPPEE DOODLES! CONGRATS!

I know what you mean, I hadn't lost since August when I started JUDDD! Loving this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
DDs are awesome! I'm so glad you feel it too!

Fantastic! This is so going to work for you!
It really is! At first I couldn't wrap my mind around the DDs, but now I have a hard time getting all my DD calories in! Yesterday I only had about 200 and that was plenty.

Tomorrow is my official weigh in. I will report then what my losses are, but I think it will be about 8 pounds! You know with today being an UD, it's hard to really tell.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:09 AM   #231
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Collegegal
Stats: 180/165/130
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: July 23rd
I ended my first down day yesterday and of course I had to check the scale to see if I lost anything.... 5 lbs down which is awesome from my perspective. My up day was pretty successful as well as I'm not 100% sure I got all my 1796 calories in. Ended up eating out for dinner at a Coney Island and couldn't find there nutrition info online so I couldn't plan accordingly.

Tried coconut butter for the first time yesterday and OMG is it good! Has anyone tried it on a baked sweet potato? I'm curious if that would be good or not?

Is there any limits on protein or fat with this diet? Yesterday I got 73 grams of fat and 111 grams of protein. Are those numbers too high, not enough or just right?
Collegegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #232
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
No limits on anything, CG, but calories. How you get your calories in, is up to you. Well done!

I've had coconut butter on a sweet potato and it is delicious.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #233
Big Yapper!!!!

I must be an odd ball I don't like coconut butter or coconut oil
CG- glad you are off to a great start!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

You're not alone Carly. I dislike anything with coconut in it. The smell even makes me feel naseous.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #235
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
You're not alone Carly. I dislike anything with coconut in it. The smell even makes me feel naseous.
I do like virgin pina coladas, though...
Old 04-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I do like virgin pina coladas, though...
Ha well maybe I do like one thing that has coconut in it. The pineapple is always dominant in the drink so I forget about the coconut.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DaSHMith
Stats: 164.4/159.5/125
Start Date: 4/2/13
This chat about coconut and drinks gives me fond memories of Spring Break and fitting into a bikini again@!

Last edited by DaSHMith; 04-28-2013 at 03:03 PM..
DaSHMith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

I love coconut oil, can eat it off a spoon... however coconut butter I do not like. I feel like I am odd, because many people LOVE it. I don't like the texture, it grosses me out, kind of...chalky? I don't like it in recipes either.

Coconut oil on baked sweet potato is good! However I like butter better
Old 04-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deen73
Stats: 252/216/199
WOE: HCG rx injections
Start Date: JUDDD restart: April 9, 2013
I did not even realize there was a difference between coconut oil and coconut butter -- I've always assumed they were the same thing. See, you learn something new every day on the JUDDD forum! :P I figured I'd better finally post something to the April newbie thread since I am, in fact, and April newbie!
Deen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Love Coconut ANYTHING, but pure creamed coconut is absolutely fantastic in an oatmeal/flax meal hot cereal!

Down 7 pounds my first two weeks, so YAY!