Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Cucumbers are the Devil's food.... unless pickled.
Oh, I know- that's what tomatoes do to me unless salsa'ed
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 10/13
I made a huge pan of veggies tonight for my meal ... cabbage, onion, mushrooms & spinach in 2 tsp of olive oil and topped it with teriyaki sauce. It really hit the spot. I also had 1 egg fried in cooking spray with Italian seasonings.

My favourite summer salad is tomatoes, baby cukes, green onion in pickle juice. I love it served over warm saffron rice.
kh155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MemoryKeeper
Stats: 233.5/183.5/133
WOE: Currently: Rx hcg
Start Date: 10/18/2011
Greetings! I am back trying JUDDD again. It was the only thing in the last 3 months that has helped me lose weight. I had a hard time mentally with the DDs, and planning. So I'm going to give it another try. This is a great and supportive board. Looking forward to trying again!
MemoryKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

back! Planning definitely helps early on. I have found that it's not as crutial later on, but in the beginning a solid DD plan can really help.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cookie34
Stats: 273/186/150
WOE: VSG/Low Carb
Start Date: 5/20/2012
Hello all... I am a newbie as well. I am on my 3rd DD.. so far so good. I need to do some more planning though to find foods that I can eat that will give me more volume. I have been on the verge of a cold though and don't feel like putting much effort into meal planning. I have been sticking to protein shakes, cottage cheese, yogurt, and soup so far on my DD.. not all those on one day though.. I wish!
cookie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:59 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Welcome back Jeanette. I hope you get to enjoy your JUDDD journey this time.

Hello Kandi. There's lots of great info and support on this forum. Soup's brilliant for DDs!

Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie34 View Post
Hello all... I am a newbie as well. I am on my 3rd DD.. so far so good. I need to do some more planning though to find foods that I can eat that will give me more volume. I have been on the verge of a cold though and don't feel like putting much effort into meal planning. I have been sticking to protein shakes, cottage cheese, yogurt, and soup so far on my DD.. not all those on one day though.. I wish!
Some veggies that are really low cal. high volume are celery, lettuce, cucumber, zucchini and other squashes. Broth can be a big help as can water with lemon or tea.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:50 AM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie34 View Post
This thread helped me a lot. I often refer to it even now.

Down Days recipes ONLY
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deMuralist
Stats: 289.8/270/160
WOE: JUDDD with EMF
Start Date: October 2012
ok, so down days while I am at work are actually pretty easy. So I had decided to do a M-W-F type of protocol. Problem is I only work T-W-Th-F. And Monday dd's are difficult. I am almost always sleep deprived as I tend to sleep in on Sunday and then am not tired enough to get into bed early enough to even attempt 8 hours Sunday night. Plus it is my chore day-and I tend toward work avoidance binges.

So I am wondering if, besides the fact that it is "easier" to do a dd after an ud, there is any reason why I couldn't do 3 dd's during my 4 day work week?

"Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same"
~Francesca Reigle
deMuralist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LifeIsGood2013
WOE: Intuitive Eating
Start Date: 4/2014
Hello,

I am doing my first DD today and have run into a few questions during the course of the day.

I used the JUDDD calculator to figure out my UD and DD calories but I am not sure if the 20% DD number (310) is the one to use for the two weeks of induction or if 500 calories should be used for the induction phase?

I am only looking to lose a few pounds so after induction should I still continue to use 20% as my DD number until I reach my goal or is it ok to bump the DD up to the 40% or 45% wt loss/maintenance mode calories?

Is it best to go 36 hours after the last meal on an UD and the first meal on the next UD?

Thank you for your help.
LifeIsGood2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 203/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Wish I had some wisdom to impart, I'm pretty much a newbie to the half-fast diet...but welcome! Life is Good!
grannysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #132
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood2013 View Post
Hello,

I am doing my first DD today and have run into a few questions during the course of the day.

I used the JUDDD calculator to figure out my UD and DD calories but I am not sure if the 20% DD number (310) is the one to use for the two weeks of induction or if 500 calories should be used for the induction phase?

You can use the 20% number or 500-whatever you're comfortable with. If you can start out below 500, that's great, but some need the extra calories to transition.

I am only looking to lose a few pounds so after induction should I still continue to use 20% as my DD number until I reach my goal or is it ok to bump the DD up to the 40% or 45% wt loss/maintenance mode calories?

You can choose whatever percentage you're comfortable with. Most of us use 20% throughout our weight loss, simply because it gives the fastest results.

Is it best to go 36 hours after the last meal on an UD and the first meal on the next UD?

36 hours is a good goal, but you don't have to really worry about it too much. Finish dinner on your UD, eat only your DD calories the next day, then have breakfast (if you want) on your next UD. It works out to roughly 36 hours on average, but some eat within a window, or follow other plans along with JUDDD and it works well for them.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by KeirasMom; 04-15-2013 at 04:42 PM..
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deMuralist View Post
ok, so down days while I am at work are actually pretty easy. So I had decided to do a M-W-F type of protocol. Problem is I only work T-W-Th-F. And Monday dd's are difficult. I am almost always sleep deprived as I tend to sleep in on Sunday and then am not tired enough to get into bed early enough to even attempt 8 hours Sunday night. Plus it is my chore day-and I tend toward work avoidance binges.

So I am wondering if, besides the fact that it is "easier" to do a dd after an ud, there is any reason why I couldn't do 3 dd's during my 4 day work week?
I believe it would be extremely difficult, and you would probably not want to attempt it again, if you tried it. That is, two DDs in a row. Another reason you should not do back-to-back DDs is because it's not JUDDD. The way JUDDD works is precisely what the letters stand for and that is, Up Day Down Day. Your body MUST get the nutrition it needs the day after a fast (DD) in order to let go of the weight you want to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood2013 View Post
Hello,

Some people go straight in and eat at 20% on DDs from the first day, but you are "allowed" to go up to 500 for two weeks in order to get used to fasting. If you need more than 500, you can do that as well. You will not lose as quickly if you continue to eat higher DDs (after two weeks), but the number of calories you consume is up to you. The standard is 20% (after 2 wks).

Sure. The higher calories you consume on DDs, the slower your weight loss, but if you're not in any hurry, you can adjust the diet to suit you.

That tends to be the norm, and DDs are considered "fasts" so those hours are counted too (as not eating). I have not counted the hours and do not know if I always go 36 hours between last UD meal and first (next) UD meal.

Thank you for your help.
Hope I helped!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 04-15-2013 at 04:51 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MemoryKeeper
Stats: 233.5/183.5/133
WOE: Currently: Rx hcg
Start Date: 10/18/2011
I had a fun up day today. I had 101 calories over. I'm glad I'm weighing and measuring though, because I would have eaten at least double portions if I weren't checking myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
back! Planning definitely helps early on. I have found that it's not as crutial later on, but in the beginning a solid DD plan can really help.
Working on planning my DD tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Welcome back Jeanette. I hope you get to enjoy your JUDDD journey this time.

Hello Kandi. There's lots of great info and support on this forum. Soup's brilliant for DDs!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Nice board here!
MemoryKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

LifeIsGood!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:16 AM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deMuralist View Post

Cindy gave you a good respose, but I'll chime in, too. The beauty of juddd is the eod rotation. 3 DDs in 4 days would just be a calorie restricted diet and you would likely not reap the health benefits we get from the UD/DD rotations. 2 back to back DDs may feel restrictive and 3 in 4 days may lead to diet fatigue. I would never discourage someone from trying, but just keep in mind that it would not be juddd.

Juddd is so very simple and the DDs get easier. I didn't like my weekend DD in the beginning, but after a while I didn't really mind it that much. I get loads of DD energy so on the weekend DD I was super productive.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shellyshebby
Stats: 260/202/180 5'9"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 10/18/13
Do y'all think that I should go from 500 calories a day on my DD to what the calculator says I should be doing? I'm in week three now.
And another question, when should I redo my calculator numbers? I've lost 15 so far, should I put the new weight in or wait until I stall on weight loss?
It seems like there's a ton of new people starting up right about now. Or is it just always like this? I don't mind, it's exciting!
Carly, you look so pretty in your Florida picture. I liked your other one too! All of y'all look so great, and everyone is so nice and friendly on here.
Hopefully I will start learning/remembering some names soon!
shellyshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyshebby View Post
Do y'all think that I should go from 500 calories a day on my DD to what the calculator says I should be doing? I'm in week three now.
And another question, when should I redo my calculator numbers? I've lost 15 so far, should I put the new weight in or wait until I stall on weight loss?
Hi Shelly,
You can start working down to your calculated DD cals any time now. The swing gives you the big benefits, and the lower your DD the bigger the swing.
Most agree that you should wait for a stall to recalculate. Stall = 2-3 weeks. There are loads of stories of JBs stalling from not eating their UD cals or dropping too soon.
Welcome!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LifeIsGood2013
WOE: Intuitive Eating
Start Date: 4/2014
Thank you for all of your responses and warm welcomes yesterday. I made it through my first DD and logged 318 calories for the day. I found it to be pretty easy with not too many cravings at all. I can't wait to weigh-in in a week or so to see what is happening on the scale. Now I just need to figure out what I am going to eat today on my first UD

Thank you again for your help.
LifeIsGood2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Putz
Stats: 160/155/125
Start Date: re-started September 2014
I was just reading about how a fellow forum mate using the low carb WOE, altered their plan for just ONE meal and gained 5lbs. And several days later it is still there. I am OH SO THANKFUL for discovering Judding and this forum. It boggles my mind why anyone would restrict themselves of the food they love when they could easily have it every other day. Not to mention the numerous health benefits. And how Juddding is so forgiving....

Thank you. Thank you, life, for letting me cross paths with this forum and these wonderful Juddders.

Have a fabulous day everyone!
Putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deen73
Stats: 252/216/199
WOE: HCG rx injections
Start Date: JUDDD restart: April 9, 2013
Hi, everybody! Well, I guess I'm not technically a newbie since I tried JUDDD (with pretty good success, too) just before the holidays. But, then, the holidays got me. Happily, though, I found my way back and am looking forward to the journey this time. So far, up days are ok (I'm counting this time) and DD's have been a little bit harder than they were the first time. I've only had three so far, so I'm hoping that will get easier. Hunger is there, for sure, but it's not unbearable. My real problem is the irritability. Gosh, on two of my DD's this time, just before dinner, I've been a total... I don't even know what!!! lol Anyone else getting this? Maybe I'll start a thread about DD irritability and see if anyone's got some tips for me!
Deen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #142

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putz View Post
I was just reading about how a fellow forum mate using the low carb WOE, altered their plan for just ONE meal and gained 5lbs. And several days later it is still there. I am OH SO THANKFUL for discovering Judding and this forum. It boggles my mind why anyone would restrict themselves of the food they love when they could easily have it every other day. Not to mention the numerous health benefits. And how Juddding is so forgiving....

Thank you. Thank you, life, for letting me cross paths with this forum and these wonderful Juddders.

Have a fabulous day everyone!
I feel the same way, Putz. I don't know what luck brought me in contact with JUDDD and all these wonderful JBs here, but I'm thankful every day that I did.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
Hey ! I am not new to JUDDD. I was very successful from October - December, and then couldn't get back into rotations. I am ready to commit again, my job this summer requires me to wear super short swimming shorts (as a lifeguard). I would be caught dead wearing those now.
I am doing an UD today, and tomorrow will be my first DD back Super excited!

I have decided that I am going to weigh myself every 2 weeks, because that is what works with me and stops me from getting so obsessive about calories. Last time, I was counting and getting obcessive with calories (including those in gum -- and if I was just a little off I would think I ruined the day). This time I am much better prepared and will rely on how I feel instead of that awful scale!!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #144

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hello all you lovely s

I love our new smilie, thanks mods.

I am just delighted to see you all getting acquainted and receiving such great advice.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Putz. When I found this WOE and this forum, I was in despair about my rapidly-climbing weight. I'm so thankful I found the wonderful JUDDD Budds here, with this wonderful way of losing weight and keeping it off!

Deen. I find hot drinks a lifesaver on DDs. A cup of English breakfast tea with skim milk makes all the difference - and keeps me going for hours. Some people find broth helpful.

back, Angie. Relax and enjoy this JUDDD journey.

any other Newbies I've missed recently!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #146

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Glad to see you back, Angie! You'll look great in those shorts come summertime! I think your avoiding the scale is a great idea if it bugs you that much.

Ohhhh.....I just got the smiley! Cute! I'm slow...
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
Start Date: April 10/13
back, Angie!

While I do weigh every day, I also take my waist measurement and that seems to be decreasing faster than the numbers on the scale.

I think I might eat your avatar for my UD tomorrow.
kh155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
I love cupcakes!! haha I am probably going to have to change my avatar for tomorrow lol. I didn't realize how much the scale was bothering me until I would keep restricting my calories and be upset over a gain or loss. This is definitely going to be tough since I am an avid weigher!

and I LOVE the !
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #149

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Me too! hee, hee.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #150
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome Angie!! I love your avi too, and I want to eat it. It's a DD for me, so I wouldn't dare.

Nice to see all the lovely newbies coming over to JUDDD!!! You're going to LOVE it!!!!