Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
went a little haywire tonight

I've been noticing in the mirror the last few weeks or so, that I'm getting that puny look. I feel like I don't look healthy. Maybe my body needs to catch up with my weight loss or something, or maybe it's just due to getting older, I don't know...but I've also noticed in the last month or so that my hair is really growing in gray!! This is new to me. As I was driving home from the store a little bit ago, I thought to myself this could all be juddds fault. That maybe it isn't good for me. I was going to ask if anyone else had noticed their hair turning gray since juddd, but before I could get home, I started to panic and felt like I should get some calories in my body(it is a dd for me) and so I formulated a plan to go through the Baskin Robbins drive thru, which I didI wasn't hungry, it was just a panic. I had an ice cream cone then came home and opened a soda and had a large handful of sweetened coconut. I'm kind of right now.
Has anyone else noticed the gray hair thing???

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
No. I already have gray around my face although with red hair it looks more blond and it hasn't changed in the past year.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, I am hoping it isn't juddds fault, but I already ruined today's dd. It could be the new shampoo I'm using, I started using Clear shampoo and conditioner around the same time I started juddd. Or maybe it's just a coincidence. I want to look strong, not puny, so I guess I better start doing better at exercising. Thanks Adi
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm 36 and have had quite a bit of grey hair for the last 6 yrs. I highly doubt that JUDDD causes grey hair. I guess anything is possible, but try not to panic. I think we just start to go grey when ever G-d feels it is time
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

You are probably right Carly, guess I'm trying to find anything else to blame besides getting older Lol. Looks like I am going to have 3 uds in a row now.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bhambabe
Stats: R4P3 91 pounds released
WOE: Dr. Simeon's Protocol HHCG
Start Date: Started 7/21/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
You are probably right Carly, guess I'm trying to find anything else to blame besides getting older Lol. Looks like I am going to have 3 uds in a row now.
You look beautiful no matter your age or how many gray hairs you have , not
to worrie , that will make us old faster than anything .

Jane
Bhambabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/155/136, 5'4", 60yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Sher, don't know about the hair going grey with JUDDD as mine started to turn grey when I was 18! But the puny look I have seen many times, it stays for a week or two, sorts itself out and goes away, then couple of months later I see it again! I am seeing one right now! Mind you, it could be my glasses instead of the contact lenses I usually wear (lenses are generally more magnifying somehow) I panic too for a little while then I walk into the closet and try on pants or tops that were too tight before, they generally fit better. Panic automatically disappears! So vain! I know!
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:39 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
I can't speak about JUDDD - just started.

You are lucky if you are just now noticing the grey. I have dark brown hair and have been finding greys in it since I was 13 or so! It runs in the family.

Now that I am 31, I'm seeing many more. It helps me, psychologically, if I attack them before they are really apparent. I simply make an appointment with my hairdresser once ever 6 weeks. I hardly even notice them then.

I once read Jennifer Lopez say that she is completely grey - has been for quite a long time. I suppose the grey problem is the "easiest" aging problem you can have.....

Also, certain lights, like florescent, can REALLY make the grey stand out (esp. in dressing rooms).
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:53 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Put it behind you and move on Sher. I am sure it isn't JUDDD making you go grey, unfortunately it happens when it happens and we are lucky there are so many ways to deal,with it.

JD is right about the body catching up with the weight loss slowly. But it does. Even my old body does it given time.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:51 AM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
I'm another early greyer. I started going grey in my early 20s and am about 30-50% grey now. JUDDD didn't change it at all.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:58 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I switched hair stylists this year due a personal conflict. I always asked my old stylist if I had grays and she always said no. My new stylist says I have a few, so maybe it WAS JUDDD. My mother never colored her hair (she does now) and didn't really start showing gray hair until her sixties, so I have it in my genes. Don't worry, it's an easy fix.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 44yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
awww, hugs to you, tex! I'm sorry you had a rough DD.

Early grey for me, too. I think the last time I didn't have to color my hair was my late 20s. I have to color every 4-5 weeks now and I swear I could do it weekly. It's actually not the 75% grey that bothers me the most, it's the thinning, super fine lack of hair that bothers me. I hate being able to see my scalp all the time.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:47 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
I messed up my DD tooHoliday weekend threw me for a loop.Im not sure if your puny "look " is the same thing ive noticed lately but It seems like all of a sudden I will have ALOT less muscle toneIt freaked me out when it happened last week and I feared it was JUDDD doing it.This week its back to normaland my weight is down 2 more lbs.Weightloss does have strange patterns with me.I look tone and think ive lost weight and havent...then I get puffy looking and jiggly and drop a lb or 2...ive come to appreciate the jiggly puff a little more now as it usually means a loss on the scale in a day or two.
My hair is grey some around my ears but it is only the underneath and you can only see it if I lift my hair up and its more white than grey(people think its highlights)...havent noticed any more greying since losing weight though.
March Goal 169lbs-met March 13th
Aprils Goal 159lbs-
Goal Weight-149lbs-
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:08 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for everyone's input, guess I should have came here before hitting the BR drive-thru. But I was seriously in a panic probably hormones, stress and hunger, lol. I also had a bowlful of hot cheetos and about 3/4 cup of left over coconut/sour cream/frosting.(Grumblefrosting!) It turned into a full on UD or more. My hair, and I, am just getting older. Back to rotations! Onward juddd soldiers.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Turning 40 did it for me. Extra cals didn't correct it.

Did it work for you?
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #16
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I'm 34 and have gobs of gray-had it before JUDDD though.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deborahlh
Stats: 210/187/145
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Thanks for everyone's input, guess I should have came here before hitting the BR drive-thru. But I was seriously in a panic probably hormones, stress and hunger, lol. I also had a bowlful of hot cheetos and about 3/4 cup of left over coconut/sour cream/frosting.(Grumblefrosting!) It turned into a full on UD or more. My hair, and I, am just getting older. Back to rotations! Onward juddd soldiers.
Great attitude....we all have these moments! And yes i also have noticed those grays peeking through and it is a bummer!
deborahlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/199/147?
WOE: JUDDD modified
Start Date: July 11, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
Sher, don't know about the hair going grey with JUDDD as mine started to turn grey when I was 18! But the puny look I have seen many times, it stays for a week or two, sorts itself out and goes away, then couple of months later I see it again!
Me too! I also started going grey at 18. And, while I've never considered myself "puny," (not skinny enough yet), I have had skin that starts looking crepe-y in areas, that goes away. (phew).

Intermittent fasting is GOOD for you and helps your body repair, not degenerate.
Good article on this process here: http://www.cavemandoctor.com/2012/04...s-into-health/

p.s. I can only thank my lucky stars there is no drive through Baskin Robbins around me!

Last edited by calichris; 03-31-2013 at 09:47 AM..
calichris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/285/<160 (5'7")
WOE: LC/JUDDD/Fast5/Diabetes Miracle 2010-12
Start Date: 2014: Shangri-La
I had very little grey hair before I started JUDDD
(I'd had about 8-10 strands for over 5 years, but they were all in one spot, which I thought might turn into a cool streak one day )

2-3 months later, I noticed a few dozen grey hairs starting to sprout in different spots all over my head.

I stopped JUDDDing about a year ago, and the grey hairs are still growing.
A few months ago, I did find one grey hair with a dark root, and was temporarily hopeful that I had somehow reversed the process!!!

So, I definitely felt/suspected that JUDDD brought on grey hair for me, but stopping JUDDD didn't stop the grey hair, so maybe it was just a coincidence. I'm turning 41 in a couple weeks.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
Turning 40 did it for me. Extra cals didn't correct it.

Did it work for you?
Lol, no.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Me too! I also started going grey at 18. And, while I've never considered myself "puny," (not skinny enough yet), I have had skin that starts looking crepe-y in areas, that goes away. (phew).

Intermittent fasting is GOOD for you and helps your body repair, not degenerate.
Good article on this process here: Autophagy: Turning Stress into Health - Caveman Doctor

p.s. I can only thank my lucky stars there is no drive through Baskin Robbins around me!
Girl, and it wasn't even good! I got peanut butter chocolate on a sugar cone. It tasted like nothing, I didn't taste any peanut butter and it had ice crystals in it. Yucky pooey!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I had very little grey hair before I started JUDDD
(I'd had about 8-10 strands for over 5 years, but they were all in one spot, which I thought might turn into a cool streak one day )

2-3 months later, I noticed a few dozen grey hairs starting to sprout in different spots all over my head.

I stopped JUDDDing about a year ago, and the grey hairs are still growing.
A few months ago, I did find one grey hair with a dark root, and was temporarily hopeful that I had somehow reversed the process!!!

So, I definitely felt/suspected that JUDDD brought on grey hair for me, but stopping JUDDD didn't stop the grey hair, so maybe it was just a coincidence. I'm turning 41 in a couple weeks.

See! I'm not the only one. I will always wonder.. My mother, who turns 69 tomorrow, has not one gray hair.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahlh View Post
Great attitude....we all have these moments! And yes i also have noticed those grays peeking through and it is a bummer!
Well, we can complain about going gray together I guess
Old 03-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
I'm 34 and have gobs of gray-had it before JUDDD though.
Soon to be a beautiful strawberry blond though
Old 03-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/165/150
WOE: moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
My hair has been coming in slightly gray around my temples and my part. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to it but when it gets really noticable (to me at least) I make a trip to the salon and get it colored.
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kettleboy
Stats: 6' 3"
WOE: Juddd when required
Start Date: June 2010
For what it's worth, B5, calcium or zinc defiencies are all blamed for greying. So a good multi vit might help
Kettleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Aw Sher, I think you just had a moment of panic. We all have them! They come without warning and for no good reason. I know the "puny" look you're talking about. I think I see it some mornings when I'm putting on my makeup. Other mornings I don't. So I don't think I'm objective at all. It may even have something to do with my confidence level that day. (Please don't tell me I look that way ALL the time, but only know it sometimes!)

You're beautiful, and coloring is an easy fix. Sorry that ice cream wasn't totally worth it!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Sher, ..sorry to hear you had a bad time of it. I think you will be even more beautiful as a strawberry blonde...it's fun to change up, sometimes...also..I wanted to thank you for the offer of your "heavenly" coconut cake recipe..I am going to look forward to making one when I get a lot closer to goal..and if you want to make it a swap, I will give you me very best broccoli casserole recipe, unless you hate broccoli, or course..
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/190/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
awww sorry to hear about the grays! I've been getting gray hair since I was 26, long before JUDDD was even something I'd heard of. But I completely understand that moment of panic. Hope today is a bit better for you.
deedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shepheka
Stats: 130/118/110
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: April 4,2014
I have been fighting the battle of the grey since my early 20s. I finally decided to give in. The transition period for growing out my color was awful! Now it has all grown out and I don't mind the grey at all! After I have lost a few more pounds I will post a new picture for everyone to see. I am almost totally grey! Sometimes you just need to embrace it. The thought of being grey is worse than the reality.
shepheka is offline   Reply With Quote