Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   What's going on???? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/800675-whats-going.html)

arkie1 03-29-2013 09:36 PM

What's going on????

I've been MIA this week because Sunday night, after going to bed, I got really sick. I had developed a stomach virus like none I've ever had! Both ends got in on the action, and it lasted ALL night. Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday, I had nothing to eat at all.....just drank green tea and diet sprite. Finally, yesterday I felt hungry without feeling nauseated, so I ate about 1000 calories (was supposed to be a DD), and when I weighed this morning, I weighed exactly what I weighed on Saturday morning. I don't understand how that can happen, but it did. Today was an UD of course, and I know I went overboard, but I'll just have a good DD tomorrow, and call it a fluke!:dunno:
If my weight holds, I will have lost about 4 pounds total for March. Had hoped for more, but I will take that! I'm ready for APRIL!!!!

Carole

LoCarbGal 03-29-2013 10:25 PM

Oh Carole, that sounds miserable! I'm glad you're feeling better. I would think your body is experiencing inflammation in fighting off the bug, which always causes significant fluid retention. Hopefully you'll get flushed out in the next few days and be on the down again. :hugs:

hot-in-texas 03-29-2013 10:42 PM

That's not fair...it seems like after being so sick you should have at least lost 5 pounds!! Maybe you were dehydrated so your body is holding onto all water. Try to drink a bunch of water this week. I need to do the same too, I keep drinking diet cokes and coffee instead of water. Good luck Carole!

TryingJudd 03-30-2013 07:27 AM

Ugh. Glad you are feeling better. I bet you get delayed compensation from the scale once your body recovers.

JMBM 03-30-2013 10:13 AM

Glad you are feeling better. Does stink that you at least didn't get some fringe benefits from being sick.:stars:

Carly 03-30-2013 12:27 PM

I agree that when you are fighting something off there is always a bounce up. Glad you feel better.

Librarygirl 03-30-2013 12:45 PM

Glad you're back and on the mend. After a few days you'll see a loss, I'm sure. :) The important thing is, you are feeling better!

Kissa 03-30-2013 06:12 PM

Carole that is so 'unfair'.

I have a neighbour of whom I am very fond, who is really tall, slim and good looking. (Same age as me too!). Last week she was really sick like you and we all cared for her, taking her soups etc.

She is much better today and we shared a girls day having a pedi and manicure. She casually mentioned that she had shed 14 lbs in 5 days.

If I didn't love her I could hate her! Just so pleased you are feeling better.

arkie1 03-30-2013 09:21 PM

Thank you all so much for your care and concern!:heart: I'm afraid that todays DD did not go as planned. Seems I was making up for the three days of not eating. I will weigh in the morning, just because it is the end of the month, but I'm not looking forward to it!:sad:

Kissa, why is it that the one's that do not NEED to lose, are the ones that it just falls off of their bodies???:dunno:

Moving on to April...:aprayer: for no sickness (I don't usually get what everyone else does, so this must have been a strong bug), and for a good mind set to keep to calories and rotations, not just for me, but for all the JB's.:hugs:

Carole