Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
Bows1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 826
Gallery: Bows1
Stats: 263/225/163
WOE: JUDDD <3!
Start Date: Oct, 2012
My poor doctor:)

So I went in to see my dr. yesterday, which was a little over a month since stopping taking my blood pressure med (I saw her first, to see if that was ok),,and my pressure was normal! AND during my previous appointment, she had asked me how I was losing the weight, and it was like all she'd heard was FASTING instead of INTERMITTENT FASTING and began immediately telling me how it'll wreck my metabolism and that it's basically evil, and that as soon as I stop, I will gain it all back. I was thinking that she obviously hadn't researched IF and if she had, she'd know how backwards her thinking is on it buttt I didn't say it outloud Also, if I ever went back to eating like I used to (Got me where I started needing to lose any weight) OF COURSE I'd gain! I plan to maintain with 5:2 when the time comes. Then at my appointment yesterday, she sees that I have totally normal BP and that her scale showed a loss of 7 pounds for the month of March But she STILL contends that since she lost all of her weight doing LC only, that is what I should be doing. How many more appointments will it take for her to realize that (even my 4:3) JUDDD works??
__________________
Deb

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] the good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.~Rom 12:2
Bows1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,356
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
The proof will be in the pudding (that you get to eat every other day if you so choose)!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,486
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
The proof will be in the pudding (that you get to eat every other day if you so choose)!
Some of my doctors thought it was kinda crazy in the beginning, but a year later... the proof is in the pudding- just like Dawn said!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,866
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
At least she believes in LC, that is amazing in itself. I look forward to her watching your success and learning from it.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,373
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Huh. Funny, I lost all the weight I needed to 3 times with LC. Then I promptly gained it all back 3 times. The proof is in continuing to work whatever plan works long term, IMO. Your doctor will believe in this soon enough. You are doing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! WTG getting off those meds, too!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
Bows1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 826
Gallery: Bows1
Stats: 263/225/163
WOE: JUDDD <3!
Start Date: Oct, 2012
I didn't share with her that I am a champion LC'er; I lost 75# on it then gained it all back +40.
Bows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,373
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bows1 View Post
I didn't share with her that I am a champion LC'er; I lost 75# on it then gained it all back +40.
See? I'm with ya!!! Unfortunately, my doc's been through this with me every time. I don't think he believes me anymore. Oh well...he will!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
Bows1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 826
Gallery: Bows1
Stats: 263/225/163
WOE: JUDDD <3!
Start Date: Oct, 2012
HAHA Flutter! Thanks for the encouragement everyone
Bows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,829
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
First, congratulations on the normal BP! That is awesome!

I think it's just going to take awhile for the whole world, even the medical community (or should I say especially the medical community) to catch up with us about IF. I think it's great that Michael Moseley's book and media tour are going so well. He may be the one who really gets the word out in an effective way. She'll come around about it when things look great long-term. Or if she doesn't, maybe time for a new Dr. (I know that may not be so easy with your health concerns).
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bows1 View Post
So I went in to see my dr. yesterday, which was a little over a month since stopping taking my blood pressure med (I saw her first, to see if that was ok),,and my pressure was normal! AND during my previous appointment, she had asked me how I was losing the weight, and it was like all she'd heard was FASTING instead of INTERMITTENT FASTING and began immediately telling me how it'll wreck my metabolism and that it's basically evil, and that as soon as I stop, I will gain it all back. I was thinking that she obviously hadn't researched IF and if she had, she'd know how backwards her thinking is on it buttt I didn't say it outloud Also, if I ever went back to eating like I used to (Got me where I started needing to lose any weight) OF COURSE I'd gain! I plan to maintain with 5:2 when the time comes. Then at my appointment yesterday, she sees that I have totally normal BP and that her scale showed a loss of 7 pounds for the month of March But she STILL contends that since she lost all of her weight doing LC only, that is what I should be doing. How many more appointments will it take for her to realize that (even my 4:3) JUDDD works??
You are doing so great! Some Dr.s even if they start to realize that you are right, they don't like to admit it lol.
I've been trying to tell a friend of mine about juddd because she says she needs to lose 3 pounds(oh, the shame !). But when I start to explain the SIRTs, her eyes start to glaze over lol and so I just cut it real short.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member
 
unna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 294
Gallery: unna
Stats: 230/155-160/tone
WOE: Primal LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
I'm popping my head in - I'm not yet doing JUDDD, but think it is a very cool weight loss tool!

Anyway, tell your doctor to simply look into the thousands of scientific studies on fasting done on those during Ramadan (the month of fasting: not eating anything from dawn until sunset). Their blood work always comes back absolutely stellar.

Also, their tendency is to "overeat" at the end of the day.... just imagine how it looks when one eats "normally" at the allowed time periods.
unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.