Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Sort of new (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/800641-sort-new.html)

williamson_ja 03-29-2013 11:53 AM

Sort of new

So, I have pretty much struggled with my weight my whole life. I have been yoyo dieting pretty much out of control the last 10 years. My dh is a big foodie, doesn't diet, and finds it annoying when I try to diet. I have done Atkins 4 times now losing the weight each time and gaining back some of the weight (I never have gone back to my highest which was 194)because I couldn't sustain it long term. After a while, I just can't stomach another low carb meal.:stars:

So, last year, I stumbled on JUDDD and decided to try it. My dh got really weirded out about it and said it wasn't healthy and gave me grief every time a DD happened. Well, he has since done some research and found out that intermittent fasting really isn't bad for you and seems like he'll actually start supporting me. :jumpjoy: The 3 weeks I was on it last year, I lost quite a bit of weight and it really started to help with my cravings and issues with overeating. Those are the things that I liked with low carb dieting is that it helps with my cravings and it's a lot harder to overeat because the food is so satiating. I've learned a lot about what foods trigger my cravings and what helps me feel full. Anyhow, I'm back and ready to give this a good go. I'm ready to eat regular food on my UD and not worry too much about what I'm eating. We generally only keep pretty healthy food in the house anyway, so it shouldn't be too big of a problem. I just wanted to say, "hi" and give you a little background of who I am and where I came from.

I started 3 days ago, so this is my second DD. My starting weight was 159. I'm hoping to reach about 125. :aprayer: and KEEP IT THERE! No more YO YO for me!!

Jbinme 03-29-2013 01:11 PM

:welcome: back!!

mom23kids 03-29-2013 01:13 PM

:welcome: back!

deborahlh 03-29-2013 01:21 PM

Yes, welcome back. I actually haven't told my husband exactly what I'm doing yet...I'm afraid he'll have the same reaction yours did. i use the "I had a big lunch excuse" or whatever and he seems satisfied with that for the moment (men can be pretty clueless sometimes). But he has noticed my loss and gives me a lot of positive feedback so I'll tell him when the time is right.

Glad you are here. This is such a positive supportive group. You will do great and amen to no more yo-yoing!:high5:

KeirasMom 03-29-2013 01:44 PM

:welcome: ! This is the best WOE to stop the yo-yo madness! :heart:

Carly 03-29-2013 01:57 PM

:welcome:! JUDDD is very sustaiable. I'm sure you'll love it!

Kissa 03-29-2013 02:58 PM

:welcome: and I am so pleased your husband took the time to study ADF.

Looking forward to seeing you posting often.

JMBM 03-29-2013 04:03 PM

:welcome: I'm sold on JUDDD! love it, love it, love it!:jumpjoy:

Librarygirl 03-29-2013 04:15 PM

:welcome:!!! I wish I had started JUDDD when I was 159!! Glad to have you back and will look for you on the boards.:shake: