Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   not hungry on UD...advice? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/800537-not-hungry-ud-advice.html)

deborahlh 03-28-2013 10:21 AM

not hungry on UD...advice?
 
I am still fairly new to this woe and never imagined this would happen, but today is an ud and I'm not hungry.
I had an all liquid day yest and with my HWC/coffee and chicken broth I was under 100 cals. i was hungry at bedtime, but not really at all this morning.:dunno: My question is...should I try to eat all my cals or make it a md? This is all so weird for me as I have always been a binge eater waiting for my next meal. Any thoughts? (I'm sure this has been asked and answered before...sorry!)

Also started taking Resveratrol about a week ago...could this affect my appetite

KeirasMom 03-28-2013 10:43 AM

Yes, you need to eat, and preferably close to your UD numbers. JUDDD works on the wide swing between UD and DD calories. If you don't eat, you can stall. There's no harm in waiting a while to see if you get hungry, but then you should concentrate on calorie dense foods to get those calories in without stuffing yourself.

Think butter, nuts, nut butters, avocados, full fat dressings, etc. You can get a lot of calories for not much bulk. When all else fails, there's wine and cake! :D

ETA: Others have noticed a reduction in appetite with Resveratrol. It could be affecting you, or you're just getting the JUDDD magic which seems to turn off appetite for many of us. Don't worry, it comes back.

LoCarbGal 03-28-2013 10:55 AM

:goodpost: Dawn. I agree. Eat today! If you don't, tomorrow DD might be HARD. Who needs that?

Maybe once you start in on some of the yummy stuff, you'll get your appetite.

deborahlh 03-28-2013 11:17 AM

Thanks! You both have had such great success so i will do as you say!:)
hope this feeling sticks around tomorrow....we'll see.

phoenix17 03-28-2013 11:43 AM

I find it interesting how that works also but I love it. It has helped me actually control my binge or emotional eating even on UD.
I can easily fill in those UD calories by putting butter on something. On veggies, or use if sauteeing something - it adds up fast!! Or giving into my sweet tooth - plenty of (empty but delicious) calories in the sweet stuff. Or wine. I have found, however, that my DD are actually more difficult if I eat my UD calories in "junk" (like sweets) versus the veggies with butter and a protein.

I envy your very low DD. I have not been able to go below 350 without getting the headachy light-headedness yet. Maybe I need to order some resveratrol!!

deborahlh 03-28-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix17 (Post 16341593)
I find it interesting how that works also but I love it. It has helped me actually control my binge or emotional eating even on UD.
I can easily fill in those UD calories by putting butter on something. On veggies, or use if sauteeing something - it adds up fast!! Or giving into my sweet tooth - plenty of (empty but delicious) calories in the sweet stuff. Or wine. I have found, however, that my DD are actually more difficult if I eat my UD calories in "junk" (like sweets) versus the veggies with butter and a protein.

I envy your very low DD. I have not been able to go below 350 without getting the headachy light-headedness yet. Maybe I need to order some resveratrol!!

I don't have a clue what's happening but I LOVE IT! I've always been a binge/emotional eater too and this feeling of control is amazing.
I agree the dds are also harder for me if I eat sweets the day before. I am still trying to stay pretty much LC...it just makes it easier for me.

Kissa 03-28-2013 02:59 PM

Glad you are enjoying some JUDDD magic and I think the resveratrol is great.

Phoenix, it seems you are getting on really well. I agree, it isn't hard to add healthy fats or a great avocado to an UD when we aren't especially hungry.

Librarygirl 03-28-2013 03:59 PM

I took four L-Glut capsules yesterday and it really seemed to help with my appetite. I have gotten the appetite suppressant just from JUDDD finally, but it seemed to kick it up a notch. ;) I really could have done without dinner, but I think it was habit more than anything. I ended up with less than 300 though. I am a believer that lower DDs make for greater rewards from JUDDD, at least in WLM.

Carly 03-28-2013 03:59 PM

My UD is only 1580, but I usually don't eat till dinner on most UDs. Today I had a muffin and a bowl of wanton soup and dragged all day. I always manage to fit my calories in with dinner and a bedtime snack. Today was a real deterent to me eating much during the day beside coffee w/ half and half.

deborahlh 03-28-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16342017)
I took four L-Glut capsules yesterday and it really seemed to help with my appetite. I have gotten the appetite suppressant just from JUDDD finally, but it seemed to kick it up a notch. ;) I really could have done without dinner, but I think it was habit more than anything. I ended up with less than 300 though. I am a believer that lower DDs make for greater rewards from JUDDD, at least in WLM.

What exactly is L-glut? i totally agree about lower dds...down 2 lbs today after my very low dd:jumpjoy:

deborahlh 03-28-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16342019)
My UD is only 1580, but I usually don't eat till dinner on most UDs. Today I had a muffin and a bowl of wanton soup and dragged all day. I always manage to fit my calories in with dinner and a bedtime snack. Today was a real deterent to me eating much during the day beside coffee w/ half and half.

Are your UDs lower because you are in maint.? Congrats btw you look amazing and such an inspiration! Your before/after pics blew me away!!

Librarygirl 03-28-2013 04:08 PM

I think her UD cals are lower because she's a lot smaller. ;)

L-Glutamine capsules is what I take (or started back taking). You can find them just about anywhere. I also have the L-Glut powder that you can mix with water or diet drinks for appetite control and sugar cravings. :)

deborahlh 03-28-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16342033)
I think her UD cals are lower because she's a lot smaller. ;)

L-Glutamine capsules is what I take (or started back taking). You can find them just about anywhere. I also have the L-Glut powder that you can mix with water or diet drinks for appetite control and sugar cravings. :)

thanks Cindy...will probably need this before long. this no appetite thing HAS to be a fluke!!!!:dunno:

Carly 03-28-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahlh (Post 16342028)
Are your UDs lower because you are in maint.? Congrats btw you look amazing and such an inspiration! Your before/after pics blew me away!!

Thank you :love:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16342033)
I think her UD cals are lower because she's a lot smaller. ;)

L-Glutamine capsules is what I take (or started back taking). You can find them just about anywhere. I also have the L-Glut powder that you can mix with water or diet drinks for appetite control and sugar cravings. :)

Yup. At 5'2" and 124lb you don't get a really generous UD, but I have the lovely juddd appetite suppression so most days that is more than enough.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 PM.