Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Shirtake Add-Ins (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/800437-shirtake-add-ins.html)

Mamatomany 03-27-2013 04:15 AM

Shirtake Add-Ins

What are some good low calorie add-ins for these noodles? I have made them with laughing cow swiss, parm, and greek ygoturt (60 cals), enchilda sauce and mushroom soup (around 65) and then sweet with cinamon and almond milk? Just wondering if there is some around 30 that sound good? thank you for your time.

Mamatomany 03-27-2013 04:17 AM

Also, if I may hack my own thread. How do you count reducing of liquid. If you cook the noodles in 1 cup almond milk and by the time it is done 45 minutes later, you hardly have any liquid, do you could it, even tho a lot evaporated? Thanks again :)

tofucheez 03-27-2013 05:04 AM

Mama-the water evaporated, not the part of the almond milk that has calories.....sorry. So yes, you count it.

Carly 03-27-2013 05:16 AM

When I used to use the miracle noodles/ rice I added some of the walden farms 0 cal. dressings such as seaseme ginger and another asian type dressing. I also used Braggs aminos or teryaki sauce. A 1/2 teaspoon of seaseme oil is 20 calories and adds a nice flavor.

Flossyliz 03-27-2013 05:32 AM

For 30 cals, all I can think of is mushrooms. Maybe stirfried with tamari (soy sauce), ginger and a touch of chilli?

Evie1978 03-27-2013 06:46 AM

As stated in a previous thread...I REALLY do not like these noodles. However, if you are looking for low cal add-in options, you might want to try coconut milk/curry/shredded ginger...adds wonderful flavor. Or look for some pad thai sauce and add a bit of scallions, dab of peanut butter and some shredded veggies. Most pad thai sauce is relatively low cal. You can add salsa, spaghetti sauce, alfredo sauce....most of these are very low cal as well and will spice things up for you a bit. I use these add-ins for my shredded cabbage and it's very satisfying!

Luv2Eat 03-27-2013 06:47 AM

I usually 'fry' shirtaki noodles (rinsed and dried) in a non-stick pan till they're kinda dry - not too high heat, but high enough to sizzle some (usually 10-15 minutes) then add soy sauce, fresh pepper (cause I like it hot), maybe a little onion; then I whip an egg white a little and spread it over the pan as evenly as I can. When it cooks on the bottom, I turn it over and cook the top. On the plate, I sprinkle a few toasted sesame seeds over it, that really adds a nice oriental touch.
Last time I made it, I used two egg whites and that made me really full!
eta, my calorie program assigns 17 calories to the egg white, so it's quite low calorie.

Yennie 03-27-2013 07:47 AM

We add costco frozen stir fry veggies (40 cals/85 grams) and a bit of chicken. Season with soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, curry & garlic. Very filling & more nutrients than just noodles & sauce.

b_lou_who 03-27-2013 08:07 AM

pan fry to dry out, add pb2 reconstituted in coconut creamer, dash of sriracha or thai garlic chili paste, a little coconut aminos. a serving of wild caught frozen shrimp can be thawed under running hot water and added to stir in until just opaque. great with added leftover oven roasted vegetables like zucchini, onion, eggplant, asparagus pieces etc. We do a big pan of varied oven roasted veg once a week now.