Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Back and 20 lbs heavier!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/800432-back-20-lbs-heavier.html)

Kettleboy 03-27-2013 03:24 AM

Back and 20 lbs heavier!!

After an experiment of dropping my biggest vice Pepsi Max, I find myself 20 lbs up and needing some accountability. I've effectively had a 40 day free for all.
I've always drunk Pepsi Max when hungry or craving sweet, but without it, i've given in to cravings and here I am...

gotsomeold 03-27-2013 03:32 AM

Welcome back! Sounds like you took food/drink experimenting too an unpleasant extreme. Another of those danged key learnings we all dislike so much.

Ah well, fortunately you know how to handle and evict the results. JUDDD forgives. Again, welcome back!

Carly 03-27-2013 04:24 AM

:welcome: back!

adillenal 03-27-2013 04:36 AM

Welcome back. I too went through a stretch that I bounced up but not that much when I quit Diet Coke. BUT I hung in there and got over my Diet Coke addiction. The last time I quit I added Crystal Light as a new addiction so this time I was not going to let that happen. I tried tea instead and that is working for me. I have coffee too sometimes when the sweet cravings start. I was surprised that tea worked so well for sweet cravings too.
Have you tried a substitute for Pepsi? I was so disappointed when I quit Diet Coke that the pounds didn';t just fall off since I had read so much about stalls but no. Just another bad habit erased from my diet.
You can do it and we are here to cheer you on to victory. I too experiment with different things but I have been pretty good about not going past the five pound gain mark before I reel it in. Experimenting is not a bad thing. At last you know now.

Jbinme 03-27-2013 05:04 AM

Welcome back!

mom23kids 03-27-2013 05:30 AM

After a few disasterous attempts to cut out diet coke (my only caffeine source) and experiencing horrible migraines, I've decided that I'm allowed one vice in this life and it's going to be diet soda! I have cut back, but I enjoy drinking it and it makes me feel better, so it's staying, end of story lol.

Whitlin' 03-27-2013 05:52 AM

Glad to see you posting, Kettleboy! It's the maintaining that's tough, isn't it?

Everyone will have ideas for you, but I'll share the Zevia brand of Stevia-sweetened no-calorie carbonated drinks in 6-pack cans, which have recently appeared in two of my ordinary groceries here. (I used to have to buy them at the healthy-food stores). There are a bunch of flavors, check them out. The Ginger Ale is my favorite and the Black Cherry is probably my second favorite, but they all would have someone who likes this one or that one best.

I think when someone is used to taking a "soda" in hand and having that carbonation sometimes through the day, it is very difficult to give it up cold-turkey. And a natural no-calorie one will at least let them transition.

When someone tells me they are disappointed in the flavors of naturally sweetened no-calorie drinks (and some say they are disappointed there isn't as much carbonation) I always ask them to try to remember how they felt about the first diet drink from Pepsi or Coke, etc. that they tried. :sick: But they kept it up because it was worthwhile to try to avoid sugared drinks. So, if now avoiding artificial sweeteners, it's worthwhile to try to move to natural ones.

Anyway, best wishes. You have the tools you need with JUDDD.

Flossyliz 03-27-2013 06:25 AM

:welcome: Welcome back Kettleboy.
You know JUDDD works.
I hope you find a healthier way to conquer those cravings this time.

Kettleboy 03-27-2013 07:23 AM

Cheers Guys, DD today, it's hard to come back..

Have to admit the Pepsi Max is back too, I'll tackle one thing at a time. 400 Kcal today, which is approx x10 less than I've been eating on average!

mom23kids 03-27-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kettleboy (Post 16338842)
Cheers Guys, DD today, it's hard to come back..

Have to admit the Pepsi Max is back too, I'll tackle one thing at a time. 400 Kcal today, which is approx x10 less than I've been eating on average!

One thing I've done to cut back was to switch from cans to 2 liters. I was drinking 5-6+ cans a day because I would grab them without even thinking about it. Just by switching to bottled soda I've cut my consumption in half :)

hot-in-texas 03-27-2013 08:04 AM

Hi! and :welcome:back!

calichris 03-27-2013 08:15 AM

I was just wondering about you the other day! Great to see you again. The way you drop weight, that 20 will be off in no time. :)

I'm going to check out that stevia-sweetened soda!

JMBM 03-27-2013 09:21 AM

:welcome:back!

LoCarbGal 03-27-2013 10:02 AM

:welcome: back, KB! Sorry your experiment wasn't so successful. Pepsi Max isn't such a horrible vice, in the grand scheme of things. ;)

zipp2play 03-27-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23kids (Post 16338653)
After a few disasterous attempts to cut out diet coke (my only caffeine source) and experiencing horrible migraines, I've decided that I'm allowed one vice in this life and it's going to be diet soda! I have cut back, but I enjoy drinking it and it makes me feel better, so it's staying, end of story lol.

Sara, I am the same, only mine is Coke Zero! Girls gotta LIVE!

zipp2play 03-27-2013 10:11 AM

I agree with LCG, but Welcome back all the same!

Seabreezes 03-27-2013 12:28 PM

Welcome back. Coming back is half the battle and admitting you have gained. Just get those kettle balls swinging and you will be fine!
:welcome:

SlowSure 03-27-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kettleboy (Post 16338563)
After an experiment of dropping my biggest vice Pepsi Max, I find myself 20 lbs up and needing some accountability. I've effectively had a 40 day free for all.
I've always drunk Pepsi Max when hungry or craving sweet, but without it, i've given in to cravings and here I am...

I returned to JUDDD after being demotivated by a several month stall and a dose of 'life happens'. Of course, by the time I made my way back to JUDDD I was 17lbs heavier than I was at the point when I previously got discouraged :cry:

Best wishes for shedding the errant 20lbs.

jaymar 03-27-2013 05:57 PM

Welcome back KB, I always enjoyed reading your posts...you have good enthusiasm, and seem very determined, so..you will be back on track in no time at all, I bet...I was never hooked on diet soda pop, but my DH is...he drinks it like water...well actually, instead of water..haha..I always drank the regular coke, and thought I could not live without it...haven't had any to speak of in about three years..one reason was, I became pre diabetic, and had to give it up.
Whitlin'..thanks for the info on the new drinks with stevia...I love ginger ale, so I hope I can find some.

Librarygirl 03-27-2013 06:31 PM

Welcome Back, KB!!! Post in the daily threads and we'll cheer you on, as you do us!

Flutter 03-27-2013 06:51 PM

ack, don't you just hate it when that happens? It seems to take so long to lose the weight, but it comes back on overnight, I swear! Anyhoo, I'm glad you're back! Hope today's DD wasn't too painful!

tobelowcarber 03-28-2013 04:44 AM

:welcome: back KB

Kimmietoo 03-28-2013 06:08 AM

:welcome: back, Kettleboy! I look forward to hearing about your successes. Making the decision to get started back with what works is wonderful!

Kimmie

Kissa 03-28-2013 07:44 AM

Good to see you back and taking control KB.

Kettleboy 03-28-2013 01:50 PM

I'm overcome by the feedback thanks...

A good DD saw 3.5 lbs gone, I've had a "controlled" UD today so will be interesting to see tomorrow? Hoping for minimal bounce, Not a good weekend to restart with Easter upon us.

Kissa 03-28-2013 03:27 PM

Really, you are right. But I am not a huge fan of any chocolate except 80% and above, which helps.

But I am looking forward to a hot cross bun tomorrow.

Glad the first pounds are gone.

Librarygirl 03-28-2013 04:51 PM

I've always heard of hot cross buns, but never had one or even seen one. Is the cross just a knife slit in a cross pattern before it's baked?

Carly 03-28-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16342001)
I've always heard of hot cross buns, but never had one or even seen one. Is the cross just a knife slit in a cross pattern before it's baked?

Ditto- is it sweet?

Seabreezes 03-28-2013 10:34 PM

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_cross_bun
A hot cross bun is a spiced sweet bun made with currants or raisins and marked with a cross on the top, traditionally eaten on Good Friday.

The ones I have had had a criss cross stripe made with a lemon frosting. Our Safeway store in California sold them and my mother made them.

Kettleboy 03-29-2013 02:16 AM

Marks and Spencer's are selling hot cross buns with chocolate chips instead of currants....