Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
One Year on JUDDD

Today marks my one year JUDDD anniversary. I started JUDDD almost on a whim while searching for a weight loss solution. A longtime Atkins follower, LCing had stopped working for me as I aged. Any slight deviation - even one meal a month - from LC and I would immediately gain and the pounds would not come back down fast enough to result in a net loss or even offer any kind of stability on the scale. Over time my weight crept up to almost historical highs and I was uncomfortable in my own body. I couldn't continue to risk my health sticking stubbornly to a WOE that had so little room for error. LC was no longer realistic or sustainable for me. Enter JUDDD.

One year later I am 36 pounds lighter in a slow and often frustrating battle with my hormones and habits. With my poor body in terribly confusion in peri-menopause JUDDD is a long, slow slog for me but I am making some progress - one ounce at a time. I do feel healthier and lighter and am reasonably comfortable in my own skin -- just NOT where I had hoped to be after a year's worth of work. And make no mistake, at least for me JUDDD is still work. It's still a diet for me- even on UDs. I have not experienced any of the miraculous JUDDD health benefits that some have but then again I am lucky and blessed to be free of any significant health issues that need to be addressed.

This is about weight loss for me. And though JUDDD is sloooow (for me) it beats the weight creep I experienced with LC. One ounce at a time is (bang my head with a sledge hammer) frustrating but it is better than no ounces or gaining and I can have my carbs as a lifestyle bonus. If I squint hard enough I can see a far off future when I can maybe get to goal and maintain in a livable plan. I just need to adjust my mind set that this is going to take years, not months, as some younger, more fortunate and metabolism favored - and yes, more diligent, JBs have been able to experience. I wish it was faster for me -- but I also wish that I was taller, smarter and a world class sprinter. Alas, my body is what I have to work with and while it fights me to retain every pound of fat it also lets me enjoy my life in relative comfort and good health.

I hope to be here in another year at goal. Like is often said around here - the JBs are the best support system on the planet. What a lovely group of kind and giving humans to share this journey with - thanks for letting me vent and please remind me of all the good things when I am banging my head repeatedly over that evil metal machine.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
36 lbs in one year is incredible!!! That is a great accomplishment! -- It beats gaining and losing the same lbs year after year!

I think you should be very proud of yourself and keep up the great work!!!

Congrats on your one year
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Slow and steady wins the race! I know that's cliche, but it really is true, and you've done so well!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
36 pounds.... awesome congrats
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I think I also lost 36 pounds my first year. So it was slow but it has stayed off and has taken 6 more pounds with them so PATIENCE is truly the key to JUDDD in my opinion. And if you had not kept on with JUDDD you would not be 36 pounds lighter.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Thirty-Six pounds lost - that is a success story.

TryingJudd, I have always smiled at your handle, because I would think, "TryingJudd's not just trying any more!!!!" But really, your handle is a great testimony to the work (yes, it's work) you've done and to your consistency over a year, to really give JUDDD an honest try (by a person who does not find it easy to lose) and see what would happen.

So is 36 pounds in a year slow? Hmmm... ... I don't know how many answers we'd get if 100 people were asked that question. Everyone would feel differently, but I think most would say no. I also think most would say, "how did you do that - do you know a secret?" LOL!

Anyway, I think it's terrific, and you expressed yourself so well. So happy for you.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!

Last edited by Whitlin'; 03-26-2013 at 11:22 AM..
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Congrats on your loss so far
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deborahlh
Stats: 191/191/150
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: July 2014
I also think losing 36 lbs in a year is amazing!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!
I am also perimenopausal.....I never thought it would make weight loss so much more difficult. But it is what it is.
You will reach your goal...celebrate your success!!!!!
deborahlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/115-120
I also think 35 lb a year is fantastic. KUTGW
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" Goal:140
WOE: IF 16/8 & 4:3
Happy JUDDD Anniversary!

on releasing 36 lbs. this past year!

Best wishes on your continued progress!

Ann
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Happy JUDDDiversary, TJ!

I think you're doing a marvelous job, and 36 pounds is absolutely great. When your body is struggling and fighting you to hang onto every ounce, your perserverance has served you well. Not everyone could or would stick with it like you have. That's strength!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Happy JUDDDiversary, TJ!

I think you're doing a marvelous job, and 36 pounds is absolutely great. When your body is struggling and fighting you to hang onto every ounce, your perserverance has served you well. Not everyone could or would stick with it like you have. That's strength!

Happy JUDDDiversary!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Congratulations TJ on your year w/JUDDD and 36 pounds! I will be very excited when I get to where you are. Thank you for sharing your story
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Happy JUDDDiversary TJ! I follow you on Thursday with my 1 yr JUDDDiversary even though my weightloss journey started in 2/2012 I didn't find juddd until I spent 5 miserable weeks on low carb/ low cal. I think 36 pounds is fantastic! You have great persistence and that will help you reach your goal.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Awesome TJ!

Congratulations on sticking with it and for your success so far.

Here's to further success in the future - including carbs!!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:50 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Congratulations, TJ...that is an awesome accomplishment, considering what you are having to deal with, it's amazing. I think it is so much harder for women to lose weight than it is for men...but, we can't help that so we deal with the hormones and all the other things that go along with it..you are another wonderful example of how this woe works, and it gives us all so much hope that we can find ways to make it work for us..keep up the good work, you have a great attitude.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:42 AM   #17
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
TJ I am doubly delighted to read this today.

1 because you have lost 36 pounds,
and
2 because you are still here.

I have shared your struggles and frustrations and have laughed and despaired right along with you.

You are such a sticker, in spite of all the horrid hormonal changes and the many stalls, you have simply kept on keeping on.

Over this year many have left JUDDD, and many have returned, heavier and no happier, but you, you have stuck with it, encouraged others and your reward is that great 36 pounds.

Hard won every single one of them. However trying they were.

And you should be all the prouder for that. Congratulations my JUDDD BUDDD.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
TJ I am doubly delighted to read this today.

1 because you have lost 36 pounds,
You are such a sticker, in spite of all the horrid hormonal changes and the many stalls, you have simply kept on keeping on.

Over this year many have left JUDDD, and many have returned, heavier and no happier, but you, you have stuck with it, encouraged others and your reward is that great 36 pounds. :
Speaking as one of the mis-guided people who left and returned heavier, I'm so pleased to read about TJ's 36lbs.

Well persevered TJ
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Trying!!! As Kissa so eloquently said, you have persevered!!! You are winning!!! You are much better this year than you were last year and I am certain you will make your goal AND STAY THERE! (which is so much more important, to this up/down girl!) Stay strong, you are doing awesome!!! Huge kudos coming your way & lots of love to you!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Thanks all for the kind words and encouragement. This community is a critical tool that allows us to stick through the tough times. I know it's true for me -- so thank you!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote