Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Throwing A FIT!!!! Sad,Mad,and Frustrated (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/800333-throwing-fit-sad-mad-frustrated.html)

Kimberli33 03-26-2013 08:01 AM

Throwing A FIT!!!! Sad,Mad,and Frustrated

WARNING-MAJOR VENT
:annoyed::mad::mad::mad::stars::p:(:cry::cry::mad: :mad::doh::lol:

I'm throwing a fit,you can just back out of this thread if you so choose...:D
I'm mad!!Want a kick the dog,cuss the cat,throw myself on the floor and howl smilie!!
My patience(what I have of one) is goooone.The scale hates me.JUDDD hates me:cry: and I LOVED it!!:heart:I dont want to go back to LC but im not losing at all!:cry:
Starting JUDDD at 171.2-Marchs Goal 165
3/12 DD weight-171.2-transitioning from LC to JUDDD
3/13 UD weight-169.9-down some after 1st DD
3/14-DD weight-171.2-Not suprised after eating vlc for weeks
3/15-UD weight-169.9-yoyoing??
3/16-DD weight-169.9-NO Bounce
3/17-UD weight-169.5 small loss
3/18-DD weight-170.8 Hhhmmm,1/2 a bucket of salty movie theatre popcorn??
3/19-UD weight-168.9- lost almost 2.5lbs for week 1
3/20-DD weight-170.9 and its goooone...lol
3/21-UD weight-168.8
3/22-DD weight-169.7 It was a challenging UD for me,so very happy
3/23-DD weight-171.8 Payment for 2 UDs in a row!!It will be gone tomorrow
3/24-UD weight-168.5 Lowest Yet!!!!!
3/25-DD weight-169.7 Not a bad bounce
3/26-UD-weight-168.9 AGAIN:annoyed:

Maybe im spoiled,I lost from 194 to 171 between Jan 27th and March 10th and now maybe 2lbs in the last 16 days!!what is going on???I count EVERYTHING!!I know my #s are right.Is my body just tired of losing or am I that carb resistant.:stars::stars::confused:
I feel really frustrated today.:help:

deborahlh 03-26-2013 08:32 AM

I am so sorry, but I am right there with ya!! I have had to go back to LC/Judding myself. I am so jealous of those who can have cookies, cake etc. on JUDDD and still lose. i can maintain doing that but not lose a pound. Plus the carby foods make me want to binge.:lol:
You might try doing a combination of the two and see what happens????

JMBM 03-26-2013 08:33 AM

:console:Kim I'm sorry you're frustrated. Sometimes I'm glad I'm not a gun owner or it would be a scale murder going on.:hyst: Are you drinking lots of water? I know I made an adjustment there and started seeing some difference. Mine has been pretty slow too. I started juddd feb 17 at 159 and my last weigh in I was 151. So its been almost 6 weeks to lose 8 pounds. Also, I cut my DD number a little lower than what the calculator suggested. I go about 200 to 250. At the most 300. My calculated DD num. is like 340 or something like that. Idk if this has helped you, but hang in there! :high5: You can do it!!!:up:

hot-in-texas 03-26-2013 08:38 AM

:console:I'm sorry Kim. There are just a few things that i wanted to input here, and I know you are furstrated! First, some of our very most successful JUDDDers lost like turtles. It took longer to get off than they would have hoped, but now they are being successful in maintenance. a pound a week is a healthy way to lose weight, and it seems as though losing slowly provides better long term success. I also wanted to say, I think you are doing good. And you seem to enjoy the plan. , so I hope you will give it a few more weeks, and if you haven't read Stephs threads, they are great because there are so many thngs you can identify with in her threads. Also, look at Carly's the daily bounce doesn't rock my world thread. I'm sorry you're frustrated, I've been there too:console: so I know what you mean.

Sirtain 03-26-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberli33 (Post 16336849)

Maybe im spoiled,I lost from 194 to 171 between Jan 27th and March 10th :

I think this is your answer right here. Your body lost 23 pounds very quickly. It likely needs a period to settle at this new range before it is ready to let any more go.

How about using the measuring tape for a while, instead? Use JUDDD to maintain your weight, and look to see if inches are shifting instead, which they very well may be.

Two pounds in two weeks is actually very respectable, once you get past the first rush of weight loss. (sorry)

JMBM 03-26-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16336922)
:console:I'm sorry Kim. There are just a few things that i wanted to input here, and I know you are furstrated! First, some of our very most successful JUDDDers lost like turtles. It took longer to get off than they would have hoped, but now they are being successful in maintenance. a pound a week is a healthy way to lose weight, and it seems as though losing slowly provides better long term success. I also wanted to say, I think you are doing good. And you seem to enjoy the plan. , so I hope you will give it a few more weeks, and if you haven't read Stephs threads, they are great because there are so many thngs you can identify with in her threads. Also, look at Carly's the daily bounce doesn't rock my world thread. I'm sorry you're frustrated, I've been there too:console: so I know what you mean.

:goodpost:

Flossyliz 03-26-2013 08:49 AM

Kim, you just lost a ton of weight and now your body is probably doing a bit of a stock take. Most people who've done LC seem to find their body takes time to adjust.

Your recent bounces look pretty healthy to me and you seem to have left the 170s behind. So I don't think you should be in despair mode. Just be gentle with yourself - and drink plenty of water.

Flossyliz 03-26-2013 08:51 AM

:goodpost: Sirtain and Sher :goodpost:

Kimberli33 03-26-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahlh (Post 16336913)
I am so sorry, but I am right there with ya!! I have had to go back to LC/Judding myself. I am so jealous of those who can have cookies, cake etc. on JUDDD and still lose. i can maintain doing that but not lose a pound. Plus the carby foods make me want to binge.:lol:
You might try doing a combination of the two and see what happens????

That is the plan,I didnt really want to have to do LC Juddd but I will if it makes a difference between losing and just maintaining.I am going to give myself til April 1st to see.:dunno:
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBM (Post 16336915)
:console:Kim I'm sorry you're frustrated. Sometimes I'm glad I'm not a gun owner or it would be a scale murder going on.:hyst: Are you drinking lots of water? I know I made an adjustment there and started seeing some difference. Mine has been pretty slow too. I started juddd feb 17 at 159 and my last weigh in I was 151. So its been almost 6 weeks to lose 8 pounds. Also, I cut my DD number a little lower than what the calculator suggested. I go about 200 to 250. At the most 300. My calculated DD num. is like 340 or something like that. Idk if this has helped you, but hang in there! :high5: You can do it!!!:up:

My DD #s are really low.Somedays just liquids 0-80 cc and others a couple potatoes so maybe 300cc...I know it doesnt help to get mad,it wont make me lose any faster,thanks:hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16336922)

I dont mind the bounce so much,just wish it would bounce DOWN..lol.Patience,I need it,I dont have it.:laugh:Thanks for posting,you all are great:hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirtain (Post 16336926)
I think this is your answer right here. Your body lost 23 pounds very quickly. It likely needs a period to settle at this new range before it is ready to let any more go

How about using the measuring tape for a while, instead? Use JUDDD to maintain your weight, and look to see if inches are shifting instead, which they very well may be.

Two pounds in two weeks is actually very respectable, once you get past the first rush of weight loss. (sorry)

This^ is my one hope.I just feel like my body is saying NO.Frustrating.

Kimberli33 03-26-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16336940)
Kim, you just lost a ton of weight and now your body is probably doing a bit of a stock take. Most people who've done LC seem to find their body takes time to adjust.

Your recent bounces look pretty healthy to me and you seem to have left the 170s behind. So I don't think you should be in despair mode. Just be gentle with yourself - and drink plenty of water.

Thanks-I know im not being reasonable today:oSomedays are just frustrating,want to wake up at goal:laugh:
How much water do you think??I get about 48-64oz

hot-in-texas 03-26-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

:goodpost: It DOES look like she has left the 170's behind. Wow, great perspective flossy!

Kimberli33 03-26-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Well that would be nice!!Maybe my bounces are coming down some.

LoCarbGal 03-26-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16336948)
:goodpost: Sirtain and Sher :goodpost:

^^^YES!^^^

It looks to me like you're doing great! I know....I get that it's not fast enough. I totally get that! But you're trending down, and that will continue to be true if you keep doing what you're doing. It is so hard when the losses don't keep up at a dramatic pace. We get used to it, and expect it. You're doing great!!!

jaymar 03-26-2013 09:29 AM

Kim, I'm sorry too, that you're frustrated..it's perfectly ok to be..at first, I was losing at a great rate..then..for about two weeks, nothing..even thru the holidays I was losing some, and eating everything I wanted on uds...then it seems my body adjusted, and refused to keep doing that..but..so far..in about 15 weeks, I've lost 27 lbs..but it was up and down, and nothing sometimes..we are all different, and I wanted to share one thing with you...when I would get so frustrated, I would go to the non scale victories..,and read and read...I could see that the very successful people on this board didn't have a path of roses, either...what they did was they stuck to it..I got a lot of encouragement from reading their journeys for like a year or longer..I thank all of them for sharing their experiences with us, because it keeps me going..I feel like now, it's not a diet, it's a way of life...and sure, we will have bad times..but we can do this...I still have about 50 lbs to lose, so I know I will still have bad days..but I tell myself, it's just a day..tomorrow is another one....hope things get better for you
:console:

Yennie 03-26-2013 09:30 AM

:goodpost: Um...excuse me LCG - were you going to tell us you'd lost over 100#???? (Ok, to be fair, maybe you did and I missed it but :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jump joy::jumpjoy:)

Anyway - Kim.

I'd say its time for your body to rest and re-group. You lost the first of your weight incredibly fast. I'm not sure "who" decides what is a healthy rate of loss but it always seems to be 1-2 pounds per week is thrown out there as the standard. Your weight loss has been almost double that in some time frames.

"They" say the slower you lose weight the less, the easier it is to keep it off. "They" also say that for every pound you lose, you need to be at your goal weight for 4 days for your body to "adjust" and accept that this is your new normal. So a 10# loss requires 40 days at your new, lower weight before your body stops trying to sabotage your weight loss efforts.

I would not be surprised in the least if you were totally stalled, especially since you've added carbs back in. Instead, there are still losses, although they are admittedly slow. And this is with getting to eat all your faves EOD.

Its frustrating, I know, but JUDDD has never been proposed as the fastest way out there. I've been reading on the Stillman's and HCG boards - where these gals (and guys) are losing 0.5-1 pound per day it seems! But, I tell you what, I would not trade JUDDDs relative ease for their strict, strict, strict any day! JUDDD isn't for everyone, neither is Stillman's or HCG or anything else... there is no one way and you'll have to decide which way you think is going to be best for you both physically and mentally.

Kimberli33 03-26-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie (Post 16337064)
:goodpost: Um...excuse me LCG - were you going to tell us you'd lost over 100#???? (Ok, to be fair, maybe you did and I missed it but :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jump joy::jumpjoy:)

Anyway - Kim.

I'd say its time for your body to rest and re-group. You lost the first of your weight incredibly fast. I'm not sure "who" decides what is a healthy rate of loss but it always seems to be 1-2 pounds per week is thrown out there as the standard. Your weight loss has been almost double that in some time frames.

"They" say the slower you lose weight the less, the easier it is to keep it off. "They" also say that for every pound you lose, you need to be at your goal weight for 4 days for your body to "adjust" and accept that this is your new normal. So a 10# loss requires 40 days at your new, lower weight before your body stops trying to sabotage your weight loss efforts.

I would not be surprised in the least if you were totally stalled, especially since you've added carbs back in. Instead, there are still losses, although they are admittedly slow. And this is with getting to eat all your faves EOD.

Its frustrating, I know, but JUDDD has never been proposed as the fastest way out there. I've been reading on the Stillman's and HCG boards - where these gals (and guys) are losing 0.5-1 pound per day it seems! But, I tell you what, I would not trade JUDDDs relative ease for their strict, strict, strict any day! JUDDD isn't for everyone, neither is Stillman's or HCG or anything else... there is no one way and you'll have to decide which way you think is going to be best for you both physically and mentally.

:hugs:Thanks...I know you are right...just needed to hear it.Sometimes the scale plays mind games with me??:annoyed:

Kimberli33 03-26-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymar (Post 16337058)
Kim, I'm sorry too, that you're frustrated..it's perfectly ok to be..at first, I was losing at a great rate..then..for about two weeks, nothing..even thru the holidays I was losing some, and eating everything I wanted on uds...then it seems my body adjusted, and refused to keep doing that..but..so far..in about 15 weeks, I've lost 27 lbs..but it was up and down, and nothing sometimes..we are all different, and I wanted to share one thing with you...when I would get so frustrated, I would go to the non scale victories..,and read and read...I could see that the very successful people on this board didn't have a path of roses, either...what they did was they stuck to it..I got a lot of encouragement from reading their journeys for like a year or longer..I thank all of them for sharing their experiences with us, because it keeps me going..I feel like now, it's not a diet, it's a way of life...and sure, we will have bad times..but we can do this...I still have about 50 lbs to lose, so I know I will still have bad days..but I tell myself, it's just a day..tomorrow is another one....hope things get better for you
:console:

Thank-You:hugs:I know your right just struggling right now.

LoCarbGal 03-26-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie (Post 16337064)
Um...excuse me LCG - were you going to tell us you'd lost over 100#???? (Ok, to be fair, maybe you did and I missed it but :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jump joy::jumpjoy:)

:o Thanks Jen! I'm over the moon!

Kimberli33 03-26-2013 09:38 AM

Im amazed by all your support and suggestions.You are truly a wonderful group of ladies!!Appreciate you all!:love:

Librarygirl 03-26-2013 09:43 AM

Kim, I am losing at a rate of about 2 lbs a month, so I know how you feel. However, I am eating everything I want. :D I may knuckle down and go LC along with JUDDD because this is not working very well unless I'm going to be satisfied with waiting another year or more to get the rest of this weight off. I empathize with you and I hope you either decide to accept the slow losses, or decide to tweak JUDDD. I'll be watching and maybe joining you!:hugs:

mom23kids 03-26-2013 09:48 AM

Like others have said, you're actually doing really well! Take a deep breath, ditch the scale in the closet for a few days and focus on the amazing progress you've done already :hugs:

Kimberli33 03-26-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16337108)
Kim, I am losing at a rate of about 2 lbs a month, so I know how you feel. However, I am eating everything I want. :D I may knuckle down and go LC along with JUDDD because this is not working very well unless I'm going to be satisfied with waiting another year or more to get the rest of this weight off. I empathize with you and I hope you either decide to accept the slow losses, or decide to tweak JUDDD. I'll be watching and maybe joining you!:hugs:

:hugs:Hoping a few tweaks are ALL I need...
So today Im
upping water from 48 oz to around 100 and adding lemon
going to try to eat cleaner(somewhere between ho ho land and lc;))
going to start walking more and being more active
hopefully these changes will be enough to get the scale moving again.:aprayer:

ouizoid 03-26-2013 09:54 AM

Kim--one of our most successful long-term losers Leo had several nonconsecutive months where she did not lose ONE pound until the last week of the month. Ultimately she lost 100 pounds on JUDDD. Weight loss is not linear, and I know how hard it is to be patient--I myself am the ultimate turtle. What I know is that if you stick with it and keep to both your UD/DD numbers, ultimately you will lose the weight.

Evie1978 03-26-2013 10:10 AM

I'd suggest not weighing in daily. I only weigh once a week after a down day and record it then. Plus, as many have suggested to me...measure as well! While the scale may not be moving as fast as you'd like it to , you are probably losing inches! You're body just lost a ton of lbs, now you've incorporated carbs back into your diet...it is reasonable to think it will take a period of "adjustment" and then the lbs will start steadily coming off again. Stick with it girl...you can do it! I'm not losing as fast as I'd like (just 2lbs last week) but I'm going to stick it out!

deborahlh 03-26-2013 10:50 AM

:goodpost:
I agree weighing everyday can make one just plain nuts!!!
Even though I have to do JUDDD LC style I must say I feel absolutely wonderful doing JUDDD. Down days are especially awesome because of the energy and feeling of control over food (I have never had that feeling my whole life).

i hope you are feeling better as the day goes on....these amazing JB's have given you some great advice!!!! :heart:

zipp2play 03-26-2013 12:03 PM

Have you done the ultra low 0-300 c DD's the entire time? Even the DR states the first 2 weeks start at 500c on DD's. Maybe the problem is that?

Honestly, 16 days isn't long enough for any WOE to be truly determined. Your body could still be adjusting to the change from LC to JUDDD with carbs? What are your UD levels? ARe you eating UP to them?

Weighing daily would make me throw in the towel. I weigh once a week at most and ONLY after a DD!

HTH