Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Slow Pokes Unite!

I would love to commiserate with some turtles. I can't help but keep calculating in my head how little I've lost over the last 4+ months (15 lbs...IF I can get back to my lowest weight last week). I've been dieting since September 13 (LC) and started JUDDD November 13. Six months and 24 lbs, again based on my lowest weight last week, which I am now above. Seems I take 2 steps forward and 4 back. I love this WOE, so I don't want to change, but geez I could use some encouragement. How do you handle the slow losses, gains and stalls and still have the right mind set to carry on? Quitting is not an option for me. I have spent too long being miserable and obese, ashamed and hiding from the world...THIS is my year come hell or high water!!!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
24 pounds in six months averages to almost a pound a week. Most of my weight loss, no matter how hard I worked, averaged a pound a week. You just keep adding it up, week by week, and pretty soon you start building something impressive!

Think about it. Those 24 pounds equals six bags of sugar. Imagine carrying around six sugar bags all day, how tired you would get. You've put those six bags of sugar down, and you're on your way to losing more.

I know you'd like to lose faster. Show me a person who wouldn't! I whined and complained plenty about the pace of my losses. It always seems like someone else is losing faster than you are. But your losses are at a reasonable, healthy pace and the more you keep at it, the longer you do it, the closer you get to your goal. You CAN do this.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I agree with Luna. I crept along and never lost more than a pound a week and many weeks not even that much. One whole month I lost zero. But it adds up and I am down 42 pounds and am maintaining quite nicely. Took me nine months to get to my first goal and since then I have lowered my goal weight twice. I have lost 2 pounds this month and am very happy with that.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Oh Cindy, how I can relate! I started off with a very nice loss my first month JUDDDing and have been frustrated at how slow things have been going for me since. While I've just passed my second month anniversary, I have only lost 5 pounds this second month and with as much as I have to lose, that seems to be a very small number to see. What I try to concentrate on are the non-weight related benefits of the WOL. For me, they are very significant and have become more important to me than the weight loss itself. We need to remember that JUDDD is not a quick loss plan like some of the other ones, but rather a lifestyle and way of living that is maintainable in perpetuity. I've spent so many years being the "heavy" girl that I try and remind myself that any progress, no matter how small it seems, is in fact, progress! I'm "thinner" now than I've been in quite a while, so does it matter that I don't lose it fast? Really, it doesn't; and that is easy to say but frustrating to live with. One thing that I need to do a better job on is to journal more and see where I can identify patterns more easily. It helps me to read the posts from our successful JB'S who are at maintenance and to look at their before and after pictures. I love to read their maintenance posts and look forward to one day joining in! I like to read Carly's "bounce" record. When you look at the losses and bounces day to day, they look frustrating, but when you look at the record as a whole, it's so impressive! It's also helpful to read Stephdray's weekly posts. If you haven't read them, go back over them. If you have, re-read them. Lot's of wonderful motivation there, and Steph is a slower loser like us, too. And don't forget.....your own tagline that I just LOVE and get motivation from "Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

We can and will do this! HUG HUG HUG

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I would love to commiserate with some turtles. I can't help but keep calculating in my head how little I've lost over the last 4+ months (15 lbs...IF I can get back to my lowest weight last week). I've been dieting since September 13 (LC) and started JUDDD November 13. Six months and 24 lbs, again based on my lowest weight last week, which I am now above. Seems I take 2 steps forward and 4 back. I love this WOE, so I don't want to change, but geez I could use some encouragement. How do you handle the slow losses, gains and stalls and still have the right mind set to carry on? Quitting is not an option for me. I have spent too long being miserable and obese, ashamed and hiding from the world...THIS is my year come hell or high water!!!
Cindy I feel ya. In Apr. of 2011 I just started eating 1000 cal a day diet and was physically working my butt off at my job. I went from 204 to my lowest 147, but in Jan of 2012 it started creeping back up til I got back up to 164.5 this January. I found the JUDDD thread in Feb of this year which I had at that point got back down to 159 when I started JUDDD, but I understand the frustration. Although I'm fairly new to JUDDD I am no stranger to dieting. It's not fair that it seems to take for-ev-er to come off but seems seconds to put back on. You just keep plugging at it and it sounds like you're pretty determined and not a quitter. I have to have those "self" talks from time to time and just say, "this is how it's gonna be like it or not". lol I've wanted to quit before too, but then I think of all those DD's and I think I don't want to have worked so hard on those days for nothing. Besides, the other ways I've tried it just seemed like the scales were just plain ol defiant and were not going to budge! You hang in there and we'll all be here being your cheerleaders!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shepheka
Stats: 130/118/110
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: April 4,2014
If you had gained 24 pounds in the last 6 months you would think that is a lot. I know that doesn't help, but it is the truth. Sometimes simply maintaining is winning! Anyhow, you don't realise how inspiring you are to people like me. I have been whining about my weight for the last 20 years, jumping from diet to diet. If I don't lose fast enough then it doesn't work! I have become a professional quitter. It just goes on and on! You have taken charge, you are winning! Your not beaten until you give up and you sure aren't giving up.
shepheka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Hi fellow slow losers! Yeah I lost it slow, but as long as you get there that's all that matters and don't give up. Plus in the end losing slow helps with loose skin, it gives your body a chance to adjust more. I lost 100 pounds over the course of 3 yrs, not really fast but that doesn't matter as long as you don't give up! Plus I don't have as much loose skin as some who lose it really fast so that's a plus. 33 pounds a year gives the skin plenty of time to go back down and adjust. The race is not won by the swift but by those who endure and don't give up.

~The woman came from a man's rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under his arm to be protected, and next to his heart to be loved. ~
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepheka View Post
If you had gained 24 pounds in the last 6 months you would think that is a lot. I know that doesn't help, but it is the truth. Sometimes simply maintaining is winning! Anyhow, you don't realise how inspiring you are to people like me. I have been whining about my weight for the last 20 years, jumping from diet to diet. If I don't lose fast enough then it doesn't work! I have become a professional quitter. It just goes on and on! You have taken charge, you are winning! Your not beaten until you give up and you sure aren't giving up.
I know how you feel shepheka. I have felt like a mouse that has ridden every diet roller coaster in the park! I realistically was beginning to think that I would NEVER lose the weight and just to face it that I was getting older and except being fat. I know of one year I that I stayed in the same 10 lb range and I was exercising, drinking the water, etc... and I got on the LCF website hoping I could find others doing low carb that could encourage me to try the LC thing. Which I had tried numerous times and failed. That's where I stumbled on JUDDD and am sooooo glad I did. It is slow moving, but praise the Lord they are MOVING!! yay! It felt like someone threw me a life preserver! My weight was going up, up, up and I was terrified that I couldn't get a handle on it. I feel so grateful for this woe and all the friends I've made here. It gives me great comfort hearing from friends who truly know what I feel like on the inside when I say how discouraged I am. And it makes me so happy when I make a post and see the sweet smiley's and comments others have left me. What a great place to be!!!!!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
24 pounds in six months averages to almost a pound a week. Most of my weight loss, no matter how hard I worked, averaged a pound a week. You just keep adding it up, week by week, and pretty soon you start building something impressive!

Think about it. Those 24 pounds equals six bags of sugar. Imagine carrying around six sugar bags all day, how tired you would get. You've put those six bags of sugar down, and you're on your way to losing more.

I know you'd like to lose faster. Show me a person who wouldn't! I whined and complained plenty about the pace of my losses. It always seems like someone else is losing faster than you are. But your losses are at a reasonable, healthy pace and the more you keep at it, the longer you do it, the closer you get to your goal. You CAN do this.
Yes, when you look at it like that, that's not bad. So for me that equaled to average about 1 pound every 2 weeks.

Quote:
That's exactly what I was going to say! That's a good way to put it! If someone gained 33 pounds a year and gained 100 pounds in 3 years that would seem like a whole lot fast!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
I know how you feel shepheka. I have felt like a mouse that has ridden every diet roller coaster in the park! I realistically was beginning to think that I would NEVER lose the weight and just to face it that I was getting older and except being fat. I know of one year I that I stayed in the same 10 lb range and I was exercising, drinking the water, etc... and I got on the LCF website hoping I could find others doing low carb that could encourage me to try the LC thing. Which I had tried numerous times and failed. That's where I stumbled on JUDDD and am sooooo glad I did. It is slow moving, but praise the Lord they are MOVING!! yay! It felt like someone threw me a life preserver! My weight was going up, up, up and I was terrified that I couldn't get a handle on it. I feel so grateful for this woe and all the friends I've made here. It gives me great comfort hearing from friends who truly know what I feel like on the inside when I say how discouraged I am. And it makes me so happy when I make a post and see the sweet smiley's and comments others have left me. What a great place to be!!!!!
Yes, this board and the people here have been a huge inspiration to me too!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
What great posts! You guys are such great inspiration! I love what you said Luna! Cindy, you have lost 24 pounds of sugar! Keep going! I always like to hear what Adi says, and kissa. Slow and steady wins the race. I think after this month, I will be uniting with the turtles too. Turtle-turtle lol
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shepheka
Stats: 130/118/110
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: April 4,2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
My feelings exactly. My husband wonders why I come here. This is why! You all are my life preservers!
shepheka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/155/136, 5'4", 60yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Cindy, There are lots of turtles here to keep you company! I can completely empathize. I guess we get so spoiled by the 1st couple of months when the loss is a lot faster that we increase our expectations accordingly. Like Adi says, quite a few of us have had months when we lost nothing! However, we did not give up because a ray of hope was/is always there that the loss will speed up again! Even though our NSVs (better health, looser clothes etc) tell us that things are happening for the better, we still want scale victories! PaperMoon is 100% right, your skin needs the time to recover too. To be honest, I don't want the haggard look that comes with a speedy weight loss! We all know that this WOE is the only life style change that is doable. We have to do it as none of us want to go back where we were!
I am so glad you brought this to the forefront as it made me think about how I was feeling too and really analyze the situation objectively! What a great forum we have here, where we can find great inspiration from JB supporters, teachers and friends alike!
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:45 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/130.4/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I hear ya! I am less than 10 lbs away from my goal and it is really slow going! As long as I keep at it and not give up then that's good enough for me. I will get there eventually. If you can believe it, I had 3 UDs in a row (oops) and just got on the scale expecting to see a 5 lb gain. I was shocked that I am only up about 1.2. I just need to get it back down by my weigh in on Thursday and I know I can do it with 2 good DDs. Even if I only lose .2 lbs this week it will be in step in the right direction. Just remember. The only way you can fail is to give up so just keep doing what you're doing
Old 03-26-2013, 03:56 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Cindy, you, and you alone, know that if you are doing everything you can to work juddd, the weight will come off. It has been coming off and will continue to. If you think there is a way to tighten things up and that will make losses faster than try it, but there is nothing wrong with slower loss as long as the scale is eventually going down- which it is. You can do this! You are doing it!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/130.4/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd

Last edited by Kismet311; 03-26-2013 at 04:02 AM.. Reason: double post
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:22 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/220/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:

This is so true!

Cindy, you are definitely not alone. We all are working hard and we tend to be so focused on the scale mainly because society bases how we look and feel on the numbers. Only you know the hardwork that it has taken to eliminate those never to return 24 pounds from your body. This is what I find so great about this LCF community. I see people meet their goals and I feel proud and focused. Then I see people who are stalled and I think "yes, it's not just me."

I'm down nine pounds in five weeks and at first I thought come on go away faster, but it took much longer than five weeks to get to be that "Big girl with the pretty face." Just keep up the great work and remember that you are definitely not alone.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow, what great responses!!! I am officially only down 22 lbs, and I realized that I actually started LCF at 204, so only 19 lbs in 6 months. So, about 0.3 lbs a week. I'm going to keep plugging along. This is life, after all.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154now/final goal TBD
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD Maintenance
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
If you had gained 24 pounds in the last 6 months you would think that is a lot.
I am going to keep this in the forefront of my mind. the perfect way to look at it.
Sirtain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Wow, what great responses!!! I am officially only down 22 lbs, and I realized that I actually started LCF at 204, so only 19 lbs in 6 months. So, about 0.3 lbs a week. I'm going to keep plugging along. This is life, after all.
Yes exactly! Just keep plugging along and in a year it will be at least 40 pounds lost and after 2 yrs a whopping 80 pounds lost, and after 3 yrs 120!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Losing slowly sucks but it's better than gaining. According to my calorie tracking I am averaging between 1000 and 1100 daily calories. At my size the calorie deficit should be more than enough to lose one pound a week but I only lost .7 pounds per week in the last year. That's the difference between 36 pounds lost in the last twelve months and 52 pounds. I want my 16 pounds darn it!!!!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~PaperMoon~ View Post
Yes exactly! Just keep plugging along and in a year it will be at least 40 pounds lost and after 2 yrs a whopping 80 pounds lost, and after 3 yrs 120!
Well, I only want to lose another 50 lbs, but I know what you're saying. I would be 84 lbs if I lost 120. I appreciate your wise advice, and your words have stayed with me throughout the day. I like that you are comfortable with your slow, steady losses, and also the fact that it may be better for our bodies too.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taghag
Stats: 136/120-5'2",48YO
WOE: WheatBelly,JUDDD
Start Date: 3/4/13
I lost 5 lbs the first two weeks and now I can't get past 134! If it takes me two weeks to lose one that is one lb less and 1 lb closer to goal! Good to know misery loves company!!
taghag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Tag, I lost 6 lbs the first two weeks, and only about 2 lbs a month since!Sometimes less, like this month. I did spend the first two weeks doing 5:2 though, so that might account for the loss of loss. However, at this rate, I'm wondering whether it matters.

ETA: Sorry, I go back and forth between being OK with the slow loss, or pretending to be , then here I go again, whinging.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 03-26-2013 at 06:21 PM..
Old 03-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taghag
Stats: 136/120-5'2",48YO
WOE: WheatBelly,JUDDD
Start Date: 3/4/13
I really don't get to frustrated. I know my body. It starts to change before the weight comes off and summer is coming so that is lots of exercise time. If I never lost another pound from here on out I would still be happy, sure beats being 39 lbs heavier!
taghag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

At 186, I'm not happy with my losses yet. I mean, I am happy I'm not 207, but I would not be comfortable remaining obese. I am only 5'3.5 and smallish boned. I'm meant to be between 120-140. But, you're right, summer's around the corner and it will be much nicer to exercise!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/199/147?
WOE: JUDDD modified
Start Date: July 11, 2012
Quote:
If you had gained 24 pounds in the last 6 months you would think that is a lot.
What a fantastic perspective shifter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~PaperMoon~ View Post
Hi fellow slow losers! Yeah I lost it slow, but as long as you get there that's all that matters and don't give up. Plus in the end losing slow helps with loose skin, it gives your body a chance to adjust more. I lost 100 pounds over the course of 3 yrs, not really fast but that doesn't matter as long as you don't give up! Plus I don't have as much loose skin as some who lose it really fast so that's a plus. 33 pounds a year gives the skin plenty of time to go back down and adjust. The race is not won by the swift but by those who endure and don't give up.
Such great inspiration! (Can you tell I needed this topic?) The skin advantage is a really good point!

I've been losing slowly lately, and if I look at it from how far I still want to go it can be discouraging, but from another perspective, just that I'm still hanging in there is a win. This is the longest I've ever followed any WOE that I can remember, and at 8 months on JUDDD (nine total), instead of rapidly regaining what I've lost as I have in the past, I'm still going down! So slowly is starting to look pretty good, especially since I feel like I can follow the JUDDD plan for a long time to come. I am looking forward to maintenance! And you never know, things might pick up. Stay the course, my friends!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Chris!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Oh Cindy my friend, we are twins. I think we must be! Similar starting weights,similar builds, similar weight loss, similar goals. I'm with you, I so desperately want to be down to 169 which would put me at "overweight" BMI instead of "Obese". I haven't been "overweight" since 2007!! I would be thrilled to be "overweight". I haven't been "normal" since 2002. I know this didn't happen overnight, however, and I don't expect it to come off overnight. Keep on plugging along my dear friend and "diet twin", we will both reach our goals.
Jen

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:43 AM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Looking back It took me three years to slowly creep back up to 180 pounds. I had lost down to 144 years ago on lowfat lowcarb and did it in a couple of months. I just could not face the low calories and restricted food plan going into a summer fruit and veggie season so I did nothing until after Christmas 2012. I knew I could drop the weight quickly on LCLF but chose to do JUDDD instead and I am so glad I did. Fourteen months later and I am almost to my third goal of 135 which I never thought or even planned to see.
I Love JUDDD.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote