Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   My "NEW" Fav. pass time on DDs.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/800297-my-new-fav-pass-time-dds.html)

Kimberli33 03-25-2013 02:28 PM

My "NEW" Fav. pass time on DDs....

Collecting recipes on Pinterest.:stars::doh:Glutton for punishment or what??lol

hot-in-texas 03-25-2013 02:47 PM

LOL! I guess if you can't eat it, you can at least dream about it!

Kimberli33 03-25-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16335824)
LOL! I guess if you can't eat it, you can at least dream about it!

Exactly!!!:laugh:

Luna Loca 03-25-2013 03:00 PM

Wow. You're stronger than I am. I recently complained, publicly, on facebook, about all the recipe posting. It was joking, and funny, and friendly, but there was a kernel of me that was very grumpy about sitting there minding my own business on facebook (irony much? LOL) and being inundated with recipes that I would think twice about on an up day.

I can't do that. More power to those of you that can. :laugh:

Kimberli33 03-25-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 16335855)
Wow. You're stronger than I am. I recently complained, publicly, on facebook, about all the recipe posting. It was joking, and funny, and friendly, but there was a kernel of me that was very grumpy about sitting there minding my own business on facebook (irony much? LOL) and being inundated with recipes that I would think twice about on an up day.

I can't do that. More power to those of you that can. :laugh:

I just tell myself if you still want it on your UD then you can have it.9 times out of 10 an UD comes and I dont really care to have it anymore!:laugh:It always looks so much better on my DDs.:D

Luna Loca 03-25-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberli33 (Post 16335861)
I just tell myself if you still want it on your UD then you can have it.9 times out of 10 an UD comes and I dont really care to have it anymore!:laugh:It always looks so much better on my DDs.:D

Oh, yeah, I know this! However, on this particular day, that was not working and I was very grumpy! :laugh: Usually I'm calmer.

And I've had that happen so many times too, where I make great plans for what I'm going to have on UD, and when UD comes I don't even want that anymore. I've actually had that happen so many times that I don't even really do that anymore, because I know I won't want it anyway... :laugh:

Kimberli33 03-25-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 16335877)
Oh, yeah, I know this! However, on this particular day, that was not working and I was very grumpy! :laugh: Usually I'm calmer.

And I've had that happen so many times too, where I make great plans for what I'm going to have on UD, and when UD comes I don't even want that anymore. I've actually had that happen so many times that I don't even really do that anymore, because I know I won't want it anyway... :laugh:

Crazy,huh??I also go to bed thinking im starving on my DDs and then wake up NOT hungry the next morning:stars:Most UDs I have to push myself to eat something by 10 or 11.

Evie1978 03-25-2013 03:21 PM

I do that as well. I have HUGE recipe boxes on allrecipes, kraft, betty crocker, food network, etc. I love to browse them and save recipes that I plan on making for up days and holidays. I just made an apple pie for dessert tonight that I cannot wait to dig into around 7pm. I had a great dinner of spaghetti and cheesy garlic bread with sauteed garlic green beans and I am STUFFED. Only one serving and I'm done. I think this woe is shrinking my stomach, I swear.

Kimberli33 03-25-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evie1978 (Post 16335888)
I do that as well. I have HUGE recipe boxes on allrecipes, kraft, betty crocker, food network, etc. I love to browse them and save recipes that I plan on making for up days and holidays. I just made an apple pie for dessert tonight that I cannot wait to dig into around 7pm. I had a great dinner of spaghetti and cheesy garlic bread with sauteed garlic green beans and I am STUFFED. Only one serving and I'm done. I think this woe is shrinking my stomach, I swear.

Im sure it is.I can only eat about half as much at a time as usual and still manage to get my UD calories in most always.:D

Evie1978 03-25-2013 03:36 PM

Oh yeah, definitely got my cals in today! After the pie I'm done or I'll probably end up going over! :)

taghag 03-25-2013 03:40 PM

I watched Food Network, glad I am not the only one who is a glutton for punishment!

Kimberli33 03-25-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taghag (Post 16335919)
I watched Food Network, glad I am not the only one who is a glutton for punishment!

:high5:

Jbinme 03-25-2013 04:19 PM

:hiya: me. I also love watching cooking shows and reading all the recipes online!
I have been trying really hard not to lately. Just until I feel strongly that I won't fall back into my binging habits.

JMBM 03-25-2013 04:24 PM

I can't watch the cooking shows, however, I do get online and look up calorie counts for what I want to eat the following day.:yummy: I guess that's just as bad, but I couldn't make it through an episode of diners, drive-ins, and dives. OMGoodness that show makes me want to go buy a plane ticket to where ever they are and pig out!!!:hyst:

taghag 03-25-2013 04:31 PM

Ina makes vegetables look so good!!!! :D

KeirasMom 03-25-2013 04:39 PM

I always watch food shows on DDs. On UDs, I've been known to watch The Biggest Loser while eating chips or cookies. It feels so BAD. :hyst:

Kimberli33 03-25-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16336010)
I always watch food shows on DDs. On UDs, I've been known to watch The Biggest Loser while eating chips or cookies. It feels so BAD. :hyst:

:laugh:I been known to do that too...or sit and read LC posts for inspiration while eating something sinfully carby:o:D

Librarygirl 03-25-2013 05:41 PM

I like planning for my UD the next day. I just packed my food for work tomorrow. :D I also love to track my calories (weird?), and am addicted to reading recipes. You're not alone in that! I usually am looking up low calorie recipes on DDs though.

angie1 03-25-2013 06:13 PM

Haha pinterest food board is the worst on DD! All those oooey gooey desserts ...yummmmmm

Luna Loca 03-25-2013 07:25 PM

I did make a batch of homemade granola (which I eat every up day for breakfast) today on a DD. This is the first time making granola, I usually just buy it. Mistake. Smell of warm honey and oats made it hard to concentrate. If we like this granola recipe, I'll make sure that we make it only on up days.

LoCarbGal 03-25-2013 10:30 PM

Love your photo Luna! I think it's sideways because in your avi you're sideways....er.....lying down. I think the new photo just thinks it's doing what you want! :hyst:

Librarygirl 03-26-2013 04:35 AM

Beautiful picture of you, Luna!! I hope you are enjoying your new home. :) Texas, isn't it?

Carly 03-26-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16336427)
Love your photo Luna! I think it's sideways because in your avi you're sideways....er.....lying down. I think the new photo just thinks it's doing what you want! :hyst:

:hyst::hyst::hyst:

lilowl31 03-26-2013 07:31 AM

I can spend hours on Pinterest! No other website makes me want to exercise like crazy and also eat ALL THE THINGS! Haha!

Luna Loca 03-26-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16336427)

LOL. That is me in the fat old days...I weigh about 300 in that pic. Hoping that I look a lot better now. :D

Zib 03-27-2013 10:49 AM

It's definitely addictive. The more you look, the more you follow, and the more you repin. Along with posts from pinner boards like "Chocolate, My Obsession" I've found a few dedicated to 5:2 recipes and low-cal recipes (Skinnytaste) that I keep on my boards for low-cal/low-carb/gluten-free and down day ideas. Today I'm searching on 200 calorie recipes and finding lots, although admittedly most are dessert recipes.

Librarygirl 03-27-2013 11:37 AM

Zib, try this if you like ground turkey. I'm going to make it for dinner. :)

Turkey Chili Taco Soup | Skinnytaste

Librarygirl 03-27-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 16337146)
LOL. That is me in the fat old days...I weigh about 300 in that pic. Hoping that I look a lot better now. :D

You had a picture briefly of your face that I was commenting about. You do look healthier and younger now!:love:

Luna Loca 03-27-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16339556)
You had a picture briefly of your face that I was commenting about. You do look healthier and younger now!:love:

I know, I was also talking about the face picture. It was from several years ago, when I was much heavier. It's shocking to me to look at that picture because my face is so round. But laying on its side like that, it looked different. It seemed like people thought it was a current pic and I don't look like that at all anymore, so I changed it.