Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilowl31
Stats: 172/158/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Anyone runners out there?

Hi there! I'm a newbie and wondering if anyone out there runs frequently and also has had success with this WOE? I'm training for a half marathon in April and I'm a little worried about being tired from DDs on my training runs. Will I have enough "fuel" left in tank from my UDs that it shouldn't be an issue?
Thanks!
lilowl31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I'm not a runner, but we do have several. I am an exerciser, though, and do find sometimes that on DDs my tank runs a bit low. I come home from a vigorous hilly walk ravenous and ready to eat the house down. Once in a while, not every DD, not even most DDs. Conversely, I have had DDs where I go an hour on an elliptical and feel great. It's really not related to the amount of food I have on a given day. I don't know what it IS related to, haven't figured out that mechanism yet.

My response to that ravenous feeling is to go ahead and eat more, on that one occasion. I don't fuel pre-emptively, "just-in-case" I get hungry. I listen to the wise JUDDDers who say that hunger is not an emergency.

I think you'll just have to try it out for yourself and see how your body responds. But know that there are plenty of runners and other types of vigorous exercisers that do intermittent fasting and combine them pretty well. Hopefully you'll be one also!

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I run, trained for and completed a 15k while on JUDDD, and now I'm starting from scratch for an Aug 1/2 marathon (trying to rebuild my speed base for faster pace).

I run my mid-week runs as outlined in my schedule, whether UD or DD. The only thing I "tweak" for training is I will do my long runs on whatever day is my UD on the week-end.

In this thread, we discuss (and I posted a LONG post) why we don't eat back our exercise calories or really set the JUDDD calculator above the "Little to No Exercise" setting, even if we are exercising:

Accounting for Exercise on the JUDDD Calculator

You can read my long and windy treatise on the topic but the nutshell is that I DO NOT eat back my exercise calories, however, on my long runs, I do use my GU as needed and do not count those (100 cal/packet) towards my UD totals.

I've been running distance races since 2007 and training for 1/2s and fulls alone are NOT enough for me to lose weight without also watching what I eat.

If you've been doing this for a while (running, not JUDDDing ) then you're likely quite good at listening to what your body needs. So I think if you're sensible about it - a little extra protein or something on a DD, but not "hey, I ran 2 miles so now I get to eat 1/2 pizza" - you'll be okay.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilowl31
Stats: 172/158/135
Start Date: March 2013
Thank you both! I'll go check out that thread.
lilowl31 is offline   Reply With Quote