Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
*Honey-baked ham using our home-grown ham & organic apple blossom honey from the orchard in the next town over
*Hashbrown/potato cheesy casserole (the one with cornflakes on top)
*My favorite roquerfort pear salad (if you google "roquefort pear salad" I use the recipe that, for me, pops up first from the allrecipes website. If you make it, make extra candied pecans because they are AWESOME!!)
*Some additional veggie side dish my dad is bringing
*Jalapeno bread I posted about in the "crave spicy food" thread
*Red Velvet Cake

Funny thing about the red velvet cake...been searching and searching and searching for a decent home made RVC recipe. Everything I've made tastes like nothing, and I've never had a home made RVC anything that tasted like I think RVC should taste. So this will be an experiment. What I'd really like to find is a knockoff of the Cheesecake Factory's RV Cheesecake - oh lord!!! If you like RVC, you MUST have a piece of that stuff!

Anyway, I'll report back on the RVC...
Oh goodness I've had that and it is sinful! My mom makes hers with buttermilk and it is sooooooo good!! We are making it pink for Easter!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deborahlh
Stats: 191/191/150
WOE: IF
Start Date: July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Great idea! I'm going to have eggs.
I am passing on the Easter candy this year-my favorite. I figure I can have it next year. So I only bought the kinds I don't like for my kids. Is that wrong?

that is so NOT wrong. I just about spit my tea though cause that is exactly what I'm doing too....sorry if mom doesn't get reese's eggs nobody does! It will be a dd for me too.

Last edited by deborahlh; 03-27-2013 at 04:11 PM..
deborahlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Oh goodness I've had that and it is sinful! My mom makes hers with buttermilk and it is sooooooo good!! We are making it pink for Easter!
This recipe calls for buttermilk too! Yay, I have high hopes for it!!
A friend of mine got it for me from her mom. She said its her yearly request for birthday cake, this recipe for RVC, so it comes from a personal recommendation instead of people reviewing crap on the web
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Ooooh hashbrown casserole sounds good...think I will do that too.I've thought about a Chocolate Coke Cake for Dessert.
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
This recipe calls for buttermilk too! Yay, I have high hopes for it!!
A friend of mine got it for me from her mom. She said its her yearly request for birthday cake, this recipe for RVC, so it comes from a personal recommendation instead of people reviewing crap on the web
My birthday is next month and I told my mom that's what I want. lol So I'm having one for Easter and my birthday. I think that buttermilk just gives it something that makes it taste richer. RVC and a big cup of coffee.
Heavenly You'll have to let me know how it turns out.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Hmmm. Easter has never revolved around food in my life so I willl be having cold boiled potatoes since it is a DD. Might throw on some salsa if I feel like living on the edge.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jaymar
WOE: Atkins...Juddd
Start Date: Nov 28 2012
Sher,..that coconut cake sounds out of this world...maybe someday I will ask you for all of the ingredients...can't trust myself with something as good as that right now..I'm still struggling to stay away from the new Cool Whip cake icing..
so far...haven't bought it..and that's because I don't need to be baking any cakes....I may have that 3-2-1 cake in a cup sometime....but the coconut sounds heavenly., and I hope you and your family enjoy it..I know about myself..and there are a couple of things I just can't seem to be reasonable about...cakes..birthday cakes..are no. 1 on my list of things I can't control. other people seem to be able to have a piece of cake and forget it..I have to find a way to do that...some way..some how.
jaymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I keep going to the website of the restaurant we are going to for Easter. I like to check out their menu and pick out in my head a limited number of things to try (yeah, like that will happen). I have yet to drool but I might start if I look at it again LOL
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Hmmm. Easter has never revolved around food in my life so I willl be having cold boiled potatoes since it is a DD. Might throw on some salsa if I feel like living on the edge.
cute!! (living on the edge lol)
Old 03-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

I'm almost nervous about eating too much. I think I just need to eat sensibly, have a treat, drink some coffee and just forget about it. I've been being pretty good staying within my calorie limits so I guess I can just look at it like im taking the day off.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar View Post
Sher,..that coconut cake sounds out of this world...maybe someday I will ask you for all of the ingredients...can't trust myself with something as good as that right now..I'm still struggling to stay away from the new Cool Whip cake icing..
so far...haven't bought it..and that's because I don't need to be baking any cakes....I may have that 3-2-1 cake in a cup sometime....but the coconut sounds heavenly., and I hope you and your family enjoy it..I know about myself..and there are a couple of things I just can't seem to be reasonable about...cakes..birthday cakes..are no. 1 on my list of things I can't control. other people seem to be able to have a piece of cake and forget it..I have to find a way to do that...some way..some how.
I will be glad to share the recipe with you when anytime. I know what you mean about cake. My downfall is wedding cake. Oh my goodness! Especially when it has different flavors between the layers, and especially if one of them is raspberry. And to be completely honest, I am a little nervous about this cake, I will have to leave it at my parents house if there is any left.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote