Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UUAD?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/800263-uuad.html)

oriana 03-25-2013 06:06 AM

UUAD??

I'm new. What is a UUAD? Also, can I eat just 3-5 apples on a down day?

angie1 03-25-2013 06:22 AM

Hi there!!

An UUAD (Up Up and Away Day) is a day that you eat WAY over your Up day calorie allotment.

You can eat whatever you want on your down days, I would suggest veggies and protein to be not as hungry. For me, apples make me hungrier because of the sugar rush.

Check out the DD staples thread and the "stickies" on top of this forum for lots of information and ideas :)

Flossyliz 03-25-2013 07:35 AM

:welcome: Oriana.

If apples don't make you get hungry, then that would be fine. Otherwise, as Angie suggests, you might fare better with some lean protein and low-carb veggies.

Evie1978 03-25-2013 07:38 AM

I had one Saturday. Thanks to movie popcorn....and Moe's Southwest Grill...and wine....*fail* Trying to cut back a bit on my ud's this week to make up for it!

mom23kids 03-25-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oriana (Post 16334747)
I'm new. What is a UUAD? Also, can I eat just 3-5 apples on a down day?

UUAD = having way too much fun on a weekend :hyst:

But yeah, just means you ate a LOT of calories in a day. However, the wonderful thing about JUDDD is it's so forgiving-the dds keep things on track for when we go overboard once in a while :)

If you really like apples, then sure have them on your dds. However, they aren't very filling and you may get hungry if that's all you're eating. High protein food, like eggs, may be a better choice. Just experiment a bit and see what works for you :)

LoCarbGal 03-25-2013 08:25 AM

Isn't it beautiful that you can have ANYTHING you want, within your calories? It's so freeing.

For me, as I've recently re-learned (:stars:) apples make me crazy hungry about an hour after I eat them. I've been craving them lately, but they're not helping on DDs. But they may be just the thing for you!

JMBM 03-25-2013 08:06 PM

:welcome:Oriana! UUAD = Shoot the moon on the calories day! lol:D Having one next month for my birthday! There will be pizza, cake and ice cream involved.:yummy: As for the apples as long as you don't eat over your DD calorie allowance you should be fine. However, as someone else mentioned you may want to eat something with a little protein to satisfy you. A lot of us eat potatoes, broths, soups, etc.... Oh and you don't "have" to do shakes or protein bars unless that's just what you want. Make sure to drink lots of water too! Best wishes! Lots of support here.;):heart:

oriana 03-29-2013 10:24 AM

It seems like a lot of you eat so little on your UD's compared to my UD's. 1500-2000 calories doesn't really seem like much to me. Am I the only one that eats close to 3500 calories on my UD's?

calichris 03-29-2013 10:40 AM

Oriana, if you give us your height, age, and current weight (I'm assuming from your username you are female, is that right?) then we can help you figure out what your up day and down day calories should be. :)

Librarygirl 03-29-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oriana (Post 16343256)
It seems like a lot of you eat so little on your UD's compared to my UD's. 1500-2000 calories doesn't really seem like much to me. Am I the only one that eats close to 3500 calories on my UD's?

It depends on your age/weight/height. Although some people don't count calories on UDs, many of us have to in order to stay within our range.

Carly 03-29-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oriana (Post 16343256)

3500 seems a bit high... but if you are really young and really tall it's possible. You would need to tell us your stats.

Kissa 03-29-2013 03:37 PM

Oriana, have you read the stickies about JUDDD at the beginning of these threads? Many of your questions are answered there.

Also you might consider reading Dr Johnson's book, The Alternate Day diet.

If you are prepared to share your age, height and weight we can, as has been mentioned, work out your numbers for UDs and DDs. I think, to be honest, that 2000 or 2500 is a reasonable calorie intake for the average woman.

Eating 3500 or 4000 calories on alternate days doesn't seem to me an advisable plan if you want to lose weight. Unless, as been suggested, you are very young, very tall and very heavy.

Are you still a Fruitarian?

Librarygirl 03-29-2013 03:44 PM

I put in the calculator, Female, 300 lbs, 6 ft tall, 20 years old and the UD numbers were still 2635. :D :D

Kissa 03-29-2013 03:49 PM

Just as we thought. Thanks Cindy