Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
march WEEKLY weigh in is here

I've decided to weigh weekly instead of daily. Anyone care to join me. I think it will help me pay attention more to the trend than the BOUNCE. I will be weighing on Fridays and Saturdays whichever falls after a DD.

Started March at 161.8

............
3/23-157.4
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,491
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Good idea!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,362
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Looks like a good #4 drop so far this month! Good for you!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Good idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Looks like a good #4 drop so far this month! Good for you!!!
Thank you
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!
 
Flossyliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,430
Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
If the scales easily freak you out, I'd like to warn you:

Here are my Monday weights for this month. Not exactly encouraging!
4th 130.4
11th 130.2
18th 130.8

However, my average weight for those weeks was as follows:
-04/03 132
-11/03 131.3
-18/03 129.9

So my weight was actually going down, not up!
You can not judge your progress by a number on the scale.

However, if it means you only freak out once a week instead of every few days, that has to be worth a try.

Last edited by Flossyliz; 03-23-2013 at 08:18 AM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Woah flossy, that is misleading, dumb scale! Lol. I'd rather not weigh at all, but I know I better to stay on track. Since I'm only going to weigh after dds maybe the numbers won't be so bad!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 128
Gallery: Evie1978
Stats: 275/215/150
WOE: Exercise/Diet lost 60 then stall/JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 2013
I do the same Sher, I now only weigh in once a week, either on a Sat or Sun after a DD. It's depressing getting on the scale every other day...lol.
Evie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,491
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
After thinking about it I think I'll join you I'm experimenting with 6:1 for maintenance right now (only one dd a week), and weighing everyday is really pointless. Now that I'm transitioning to maintenance I need to stop obsessing about the scale so much (easier said than done lol). My one dd of the week is Thursday, so I'm going to weigh in on Friday. We'll see how this goes

This past Friday I hit a new low, after my one dd, at 133lbs

Last edited by mom23kids; 03-23-2013 at 02:59 PM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
I've decided to weigh weekly instead of daily. Anyone care to join me. I think it will help me pay attention more to the trend than the BOUNCE. I will be weighing on Fridays and Saturdays whichever falls after a DD.

Started March at 161.8

............
3/23-157.4
3/29-158.4 I did start some leg exercises this week, and my uds have ALL been over. Need to get back on track..again..
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,491
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
133.5lbs today, after a md on Monday and a 600 calorie dd yesterday My maintenance range ks 132-135 so it was a good week!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,850
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
If the scales easily freak you out, I'd like to warn you:

Here are my Monday weights for this month. Not exactly encouraging!
4th 130.4
11th 130.2
18th 130.8

However, my average weight for those weeks was as follows:
-04/03 132
-11/03 131.3
-18/03 129.9

So my weight was actually going down, not up!
You can not judge your progress by a number on the scale.

However, if it means you only freak out once a week instead of every few days, that has to be worth a try.
This is a good point Flossy makes.

The scales will lie however and whenever they can.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,362
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Tex, I had a 3# drop today. It's been a long time since I've seen that, but I guarantee you it won't stay at that number. If I hadn't weighed today, I would have missed it.

I totally get why you're weighing weekly, but please just remember that you could be missing a lower number, too. OK? Be kind to yourself. You've done amazing! Just keep doing what you're doing. If you think you need to "tighten things up", then do it but otherwise, just keep going.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie1978 View Post
I do the same Sher, I now only weigh in once a week, either on a Sat or Sun after a DD. It's depressing getting on the scale every other day...lol.
That is how I feel! I was pretty happy at first because I noticed the scale going down , but now I'm kinda stuck. But I think it is because I'm eating too too much on UDs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
133.5lbs today, after a md on Monday and a 600 calorie dd yesterday My maintenance range ks 132-135 so it was a good week!
Woop woop!! Did you do your hair yet?? Strawberry blonde sounds so pretty. I love Amy Adams hair color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
This is a good point Flossy makes.

The scales will lie however and whenever they can.
Oh my gosh, so true! They are evil. I nicknamed my scale Chucky today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Tex, I had a 3# drop today. It's been a long time since I've seen that, but I guarantee you it won't stay at that number. If I hadn't weighed today, I would have missed it.

I totally get why you're weighing weekly, but please just remember that you could be missing a lower number, too. OK? Be kind to yourself. You've done amazing! Just keep doing what you're doing. If you think you need to "tighten things up", then do it but otherwise, just keep going.
Awww ty flutter. Congrats on your drop I just went and looked and I was like !! You met my extremely lofty march goal lol.
when I take a real honest look at my woe though, I am having at least 2000 calorie UDs, and they are supposed to be in the 1700s! I don't,t know what is going on but I read a sticky today about Dr J responding to an email and he said after about 8 to 12 weeks your body starts to catch on and wants bigger UDs, so I guess that is what is happening with me so it is my goal to really and truly get more strict
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:26 AM   #14
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,491
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
That is how I feel! I was pretty happy at first because I noticed the scale going down , but now I'm kinda stuck. But I think it is because I'm eating too too much on UDs.

Woop woop!! Did you do your hair yet?? Strawberry blonde sounds so pretty. I love Amy Adams hair color.


Oh my gosh, so true! They are evil. I nicknamed my scale Chucky today.

Awww ty flutter. Congrats on your drop I just went and looked and I was like !! You met my extremely lofty march goal lol.
when I take a real honest look at my woe though, I am having at least 2000 calorie UDs, and they are supposed to be in the 1700s! I don't,t know what is going on but I read a sticky today about Dr J responding to an email and he said after about 8 to 12 weeks your body starts to catch on and wants bigger UDs, so I guess that is what is happening with me so it is my goal to really and truly get more strict
I did start the process to lighten my hair, on Thursday Right now it's a light coppery brown (from a dark brown), and I go back in four weeks to lighten it more.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Flutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,362
Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
That is how I feel! I was pretty happy at first because I noticed the scale going down , but now I'm kinda stuck. But I think it is because I'm eating too too much on UDs.

Woop woop!! Did you do your hair yet?? Strawberry blonde sounds so pretty. I love Amy Adams hair color.


Oh my gosh, so true! They are evil. I nicknamed my scale Chucky today.

Awww ty flutter. Congrats on your drop I just went and looked and I was like !! You met my extremely lofty march goal lol.
when I take a real honest look at my woe though, I am having at least 2000 calorie UDs, and they are supposed to be in the 1700s! I don't,t know what is going on but I read a sticky today about Dr J responding to an email and he said after about 8 to 12 weeks your body starts to catch on and wants bigger UDs, so I guess that is what is happening with me so it is my goal to really and truly get more strict
I am back up those 3# today, and see what I mean? If I hadn't weighed yesterday and instead weighed today, I would not have known! However, I do understand what you're saying. Were you doing 1700 UDs when you were losing better? I wouldn't push your UD numbers down unless you really are stalled. I did and look what it did to me for 6 weeks! I'm only losing again now, I think, b/c some JBs told me to go back to my higher original UD numbers and super low DD ones. Your bod might just need a few weeks and then start dropping again.
__________________
Melinda

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 197
Gallery: Ringamajig
Stats: 187.0/175.5/150.0 Start JUDDD 3-23-13
WOE: JUDDD?
Start Date: 3-23-13
Hello,

Marking my spot here.

I have been doing JUDDD since last Saturday, so today was 1 week weigh-in for me today. 2 pounds lost for the week.

Yesterday was an UD for me and I ate pretty much all my 1850 calories. Also, TOM showed up to visit yesterday, this is normally a 3-5 pound gain for me. So, I am really excited to have lost 2 pounds with these factors figured in.

Rox
Ringamajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,697
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
That's wonderful Rox, especially considering TOM. Enough incentive to keep it going, isn't it?
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringamajig View Post
Hello,

Marking my spot here.

I have been doing JUDDD since last Saturday, so today was 1 week weigh-in for me today. 2 pounds lost for the week.

Yesterday was an UD for me and I ate pretty much all my 1850 calories. Also, TOM showed up to visit yesterday, this is normally a 3-5 pound gain for me. So, I am really excited to have lost 2 pounds with these factors figured in.

Rox
Wow, that really s awesome!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #19
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,850
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Nice result Rox, thrilled for you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,331
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
I'm stickin' a toe in here, because I might do this. I'm trying to combine WW and JUDDDD and would love to weigh once a week. I've decided to weigh just after a DD because I, too, dislike the bounce. I think the only thing is sometimes in that week, there may be a new drop or low that I'm unaware of. Which would just oh so sad to not know!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:23 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
VL I'm glad you are joining the weekly weigh-in, I have to be honest though, I think this idea might have backfired. I am just coming off 5 ud's in a row. I weighed yesterday and I was up a couple of pounds. I am going to have to go back to daily weighing.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #22
Established
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Library
Posts: 2,491
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
VL I'm glad you are joining the weekly weigh-in, I have to be honest though, I think this idea might have backfired. I am just coming off 5 ud's in a row. I weighed yesterday and I was up a couple of pounds. I am going to have to go back to daily weighing.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #23
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,511
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I'll join. There are some weeks I don't weigh, but the most I ever weigh in is once a week.

Last weeks was 173
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,331
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
VL I'm glad you are joining the weekly weigh-in, I have to be honest though, I think this idea might have backfired. I am just coming off 5 ud's in a row. I weighed yesterday and I was up a couple of pounds. I am going to have to go back to daily weighing.
You - or we - could weigh daily, not record it here, and just report the week's end weight. And hey .. a couple of pounds up after 5 UD's ain't too bad!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member
 
Lee55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 248
Gallery: Lee55
Stats: 198/194.4/160
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: September 1, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I'm stickin' a toe in here, because I might do this. I'm trying to combine WW and JUDDDD and would love to weigh once a week. I've decided to weigh just after a DD because I, too, dislike the bounce. I think the only thing is sometimes in that week, there may be a new drop or low that I'm unaware of. Which would just oh so sad to not know!
Vanilla, I'm curious how you are combining WW with JUDDD. Are you counting your fruit and vegetables on DD's? I use to do WW's and lost weight. And I love JUDDD, so this might be something for me to look at again. Also how are you varying your points? Thanks
Lee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,331
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee55 View Post
Vanilla, I'm curious how you are combining WW with JUDDD. Are you counting your fruit and vegetables on DD's? I use to do WW's and lost weight. And I love JUDDD, so this might be something for me to look at again. Also how are you varying your points? Thanks
I went back to the beginning of this forum and found where the general formula ended up being 11 pts. for a DD and 45 for an UD, so that's what I'm using.

I'm only 3 days in doing this (the combo, not JUDDD ) and for now, I'm not counting fruits or veggies as per WW, but keep it minimal. If anything starts out being 0 pts. for one serving, I don't count it, but will add a pt. if I use more.

I use an app that's like the official WW one to keep track of my points. Yesterday was my first UD doing this, so using 17 pts. or so of the weekly pts. will be the extra on the UDs. Oh, and she said if you decide on a Medium Day, just to use a regular WW day (29 pts.).

It'd be nice to have a JUDDD/WW Bud! if you decide to try it.
__________________
-vanilla

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
You - or we - could weigh daily, not record it here, and just report the week's end weight. And hey .. a couple of pounds up after 5 UD's ain't too bad!
I think I will still report here, but keep an eye on myself daily by weighing. It's amazing how not checking up on myself in the mornings caused me to say, what the hay and stuff my face lol
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member
 
DeeOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 147
Gallery: DeeOne
Stats: 308/222/195
WOE: Moderate carbs/JUDDD
Start Date: 2012 Start: 5 May Mod LC/ 1 Jul JUDDD
hey vanilla & hot in texas, I agree theres no reason why you cant do both & as this one's less busy its easier for those of us who are not here everyday to keep an eye on others progress. sorry if I was out of turn starting an April one, I only did that cos this one said march, guess I'm more out of step with the forum than I thought. I'm gonna give the forums a miss for a while, so good luck with your april losses
DeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #29
Way too much time on my hands!
 
zipp2play's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 10,511
Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post

Last weeks was 173
This week 174 (DANG, going the wrong way)

I regrouped and refocused this week. Hoping next week number makes me happier!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeOne View Post
hey vanilla & hot in texas, I agree theres no reason why you cant do both & as this one's less busy its easier for those of us who are not here everyday to keep an eye on others progress. sorry if I was out of turn starting an April one, I only did that cos this one said march, guess I'm more out of step with the forum than I thought. I'm gonna give the forums a miss for a while, so good luck with your april losses
I',m glad you started an April one Dee! I'm gonna go there on Saturday and report my weight! I hope to see you there sometime in April
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:10 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.