Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Are JUDDD and Fast 5 compatible? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/800139-juddd-fast-5-compatible.html)

Lori_:) 03-23-2013 04:12 AM

Are JUDDD and Fast 5 compatible?

Hello Everyone,

I've been doing some reading about Fast 5, and am very intrigued. I'm just wondering if anyone is currently combining the two plans?

I really have no problem with the fasting part. On Fast 5 you just pick a 5 hr window in which to do your eating. You are doing a 19 hr fast each day. With all the benefits of fasting, I'm thinking this would be a good thing.

It would be no problem to do the DD calories in a 5 hr window, but the UD calories? Unless you were going out and eating something very high fat, eating 1900 calories in a 5 hr period might be a bit of a stretch. The actual Fast 5 plan doesn't call for counting calories at all, but I don't want to end up eating too low and having my body get used to living on a small amount.

Any thoughts?

Carly 03-23-2013 05:11 AM

I'm not strict with Fast5 like I am with JUDDD, but typically I eat during a small window only in the evening like 6pm or 7pm- 9:30pm. However, I may have coffee with creamer earlier in the day so strict Fast5 people would think that is probably "off plan". I don't consider my woe to be Fast5, but 8-10 days that is how it works for me.

Lori_:) 03-23-2013 05:20 AM

Thanks Carly! I thought I remembered reading in your posts that you typically eat in a rather small window. There is no arguing with your success, so I'd say the answer to my question about JUDDD & Fast 5 being compatible is a resounding YES!

I really think I'm going to give it a try, as getting the benefits of fasting on a daily basis seems like a good idea.

jenericstewart 03-23-2013 05:24 AM

I do a JUDDD-CAD combo, which basically looks like this:

DD - JUDDD
UP - CAD: a larger meal in the evening (with carbs); 0-2 small meals without carbs (depending upon my hunger level)

(CAD - Carbohydrate Addict's Diet)

Librarygirl 03-23-2013 05:27 AM

I could eat lunch at around 2 pm, if it was not too heavy and then dinner at 6 pm and probably get in 1500-1600 calories without feeling too stuffed, if it were planned carefully. Even with a Lean cuisine of 300 calories, a salad, some crackers you'd get around 500 calories for lunch (or more) without getting stuffed. Then a nice piece of meat with two sides and a bread and you've gotten another 800+ calories...if you can eat and add in dessert before the 5-hour window is up, you'll probably get it all in. :) In fact, this would work better for me, or at least an 8 hour window, than what I'm currently doing because I've found that eating early leads to over-eating much of the time.

Carly 03-23-2013 05:35 AM

For me it's my natual rhythm. I think Cindy wrote recently about not wanting a lot of "rules". I feel the same, so if I wake up and I'm starving I eat a yogurt. The fact of it is though, I usually don't think about food till almost 7pm most of the time- especially if busy, but I think if it helps you and you don't feel overly restricted it's a good thing. That being said today a big group of us are getting together for brunch. I'm not hungry, but will get something small since I don't want a lot of comments about what I'm not eating.

Lori_:) 03-23-2013 05:36 AM

Cindy...you are right! Getting enough calories will probably not be a problem most days!

I really am going to give this a try. Today is a DD but I won't eat anything till 2 and then stop by 7. No worries. I did, however, have my TBSP of MCT oil in my coffee this morning. I hope that doesn't affect the fast too much.

Thanks for all your feedback on my question!
:shake:

Kissa 03-23-2013 06:15 AM

They say oil has little effect on the fast.

Yes, Carly I was saying just that about rules. But if it helps anyone, I am all for IF. I often only eat one meal a day. I will have a coffee with skim milk or soy milk if I am out though, so it isn't a real window necessarily.

Evie1978 03-23-2013 06:54 AM

I was thinking of incorporating an eating window into my dd's only. Eating only from 2-7. UD's, not so much. I enjoy breakfast on my UD's, mainly because of my coffee with a ton of french vanilla creamer. :)

Mamatomany 03-23-2013 01:17 PM

I'm hearing you on that coffee creamer girl :)