Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Friday, plans? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/800084-dd-friday-plans.html)

zipp2play 03-22-2013 05:21 AM

DD Friday, plans?

Egg, veggies 90c
Salad w/tomato/cottage cheese 105c
deli ham 50c

that's only 245c if I can make it on that. Tonight we drive to Tulsa to meet up with friends. I would love to keep it there so I can partake in some wine with our friends once we arrive! Hoping for that!

Kimberli33 03-22-2013 05:37 AM

B-nothing
L-nothing
D-going to a fish fry-hope to be able to nibble a little and stay under 500 cc

KeirasMom 03-22-2013 05:39 AM

B: Tea
L: Wendy's small chili w/habanero sauce
D: Miso? Fish? :dunno:

Flutter 03-22-2013 05:45 AM

Ack. I've been trying to not eat on DDs again and just sip on a latte late afternoon to get me through dinners. (no problems doing that) Friday DDs are rough, though. It's pizza night (always) with my teens. I have found a super thin crust pizza that's low cal for DDs. I can have 2 pieces if I want and still only be about 300ish cals. We'll see. DH has started ADF with me (trying to get his b/p down) but I'm sure he'll want the low cal pizza tonight since he is a man and will do great anyways. ;)

All that to say, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'LL DO! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps786b25b1.gif

SlowSure 03-22-2013 06:00 AM

Day 20 of potato hack and a DD

B: congee with stock powder and maybe fish sauce (pushing the boat out)
L: 120g cold boiled potato and vinegar (approx 100kcals)
D: 150g hot jacket potato and mustard (approx 220kcals)

Snacks: congee and stock powder.

Total is probably nearer 400kcals than 360kcals but I'll manage :)

Kimberli33 03-22-2013 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16329834)
Day 20 of potato hack and a DD

B: congee with stock powder and maybe fish sauce (pushing the boat out)
L: 120g cold boiled potato and vinegar (approx 100kcals)
D: 150g hot jacket potato and mustard (approx 220kcals)

Snacks: congee and stock powder.

Total is probably nearer 400kcals than 360kcals but I'll manage :)

20 days!!Wow:up:

Kimberli33 03-22-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16329802)
Ack. I've been trying to not eat on DDs again and just sip on a latte late afternoon to get me through dinners. (no problems doing that) Friday DDs are rough, though. It's pizza night (always) with my teens. I have found a super thin crust pizza that's low cal for DDs. I can have 2 pieces if I want and still only be about 300ish cals. We'll see. DH has started ADF with me (trying to get his b/p down) but I'm sure he'll want the low cal pizza tonight since he is a man and will do great anyways. ;)

All that to say, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'LL DO! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps786b25b1.gif

2 pieces for 300 doesnt sound too bad.Its nice you've found a way to enjoy pizza night with the family if you decide .:hugs:

Whitlin' 03-22-2013 06:08 AM

Good morning! Hope everyone's dds are successful today.

About 10 a.m. I'll have a morning fruit/protein smoothie 135

And late lunch half a Subway tuna 6-inch, lots of veggies 250

Take home the other half for supper 250

Very simple day for 635 total calories (maintenance dd).

I did this same dd Wednesday and even though I felt super while working out, no hunger, I still lost a pound that was creeping back.

I like this kind of day because it's a no-brainer, lol.

Kimberli, try to estimate (online?) in advance the calories in a certain serving you might encounter, like a half-cup slaw, one hush-puppy, half a palm-size piece of fried fish. Maybe that way you could do a reasonable job of putting together a small plate of food and stopping when finished.

Flutter, yay for your dh!

Enjoy your friends, Monica.

Have you practiced your Wendy's commercial, Dawn?

SlowSure, respect, dear.

KeirasMom 03-22-2013 06:10 AM

:rofl:

Kimberli33 03-22-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitlin' (Post 16329849)
Good morning! Hope everyone's dds are successful today.

About 10 a.m. I'll have a morning fruit/protein smoothie 135

And late lunch half a Subway tuna 6-inch, lots of veggies 250

Take home the other half for supper 250

Very simple day for 635 total calories (maintenance dd).

I did this same dd Wednesday and even though I felt super while working out, no hunger, I still lost a pound that was creeping back.

I like this kind of day because it's a no-brainer, lol.

Kimberli, try to estimate (online?) in advance the calories in a certain serving you might encounter, like a half-cup slaw, one hush-puppy, half a palm-size piece of fried fish. Maybe that way you could do a reasonable job of putting together a small plate of food and stopping when finished.

Flutter, yay for your dh!

Enjoy your friends, Monica.

SlowSure, respect, dear.

Thanks,Im planning fish only and going to use a cc for deep fried,lightly breaded to see what I can have.

Evie1978 03-22-2013 06:31 AM

3 gyros at 125 cals each....11:00, 3:00 and 7:00.....Yum!

hot-in-texas 03-22-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16329854)
:rofl:

Dawn's Wendy' commercial:

Hi, My name is Dawn, and I lost 100 pounds eating Wendy's small chili for lunch every other day. And you can too!!

You could also get an endorsement deal with Franks hot sauce if you say:

Hi, my name is Dawn, and I lost 100 pounds eating Wendy's small chili with a dash of Frank's ho sause for lunch every other day. And you can too!!

hot-in-texas 03-22-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16329802)

that's cool that DH is doing this with you now! Now no more going out to dinner on DDs! lol

I do not have a plan today except eat as little as possible. I didn't weigh this morning, and am going to only start weighing once a week from now on. My yesterday's UD was an UUAD, and it was the worst I've done since starting Juddd 2 months ago, well 2 months and a week ago. My calories were almost 1000 more than they should have been. I've stopped losing I think, well losing as fast as I was. I think this contributed to my blah attitude yesterday, and I just ate whaterver. I also colored my hair what turned out to be a God awful color, which did not help with my attitude yesterday.
I'm going to start a weekly weigh-in thread, and the weigh-ins will be either Saturday or Friday each week, depending which falls after a DD. Tommorrow is the first weigh in, so I'm going to try to make this a good DD. I'm pretty sure I have gained a pound or 2 or more after yesterday.

Kimberli33 03-22-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot-in-texas (Post 16330024)
Dawn's Wendy' commercial:

Hi, My name is Dawn, and I lost 100 pounds eating Wendy's small chili for lunch every other day. And you can too!!

You could also get an endorsement deal with Franks hot sauce if you say:

Hi, my name is Dawn, and I lost 100 pounds eating Wendy's small chili with a dash of Frank's ho sause for lunch every other day. And you can too!!

Lol...she probably could!!She has got me eating Wendys Chili as my DD to go meal:love:

KeirasMom 03-22-2013 07:57 AM

More converts! I should write a new diet book incorporating JUDDD, 5:2, and Wendy's. For those of us who do NOT cook! :hyst:

sorenkkg 03-22-2013 08:20 AM

LOL you guys :rofl:

Dawn will be the new Jared for sure! :up:

SlowSure-- I don't think the potato thing was meant at a long term solution... I'm really concerned you're not getting enough protein and other nutrients. ??? :confused: and concerned...

Melinda-- what about frozen pizza from like lean cuisine or healthy choice or one of those brands? You could have a "whole" amount, and not worry about going back for "just a bit more"... which would be my concern for myself if I was faced with weekly pizza night! :p
:up: and :high5: for your DH joining you though! It's soooo much easier for me now that DH is on my schedule, and we can have the same meals (he either gets a bit more, or some oil on his, or a shake during the day, to make up for the 150 cals more he can have).

Food:
B: water, vitamins. Hope I don't get a tummy ache. I'm just not feeling tea today (I know, I know, :faint: right?)
L: maybe lemon water later
S: can have 1 or 2 veggie soups today... made a lower cal one for about 38 cals, and leftover of my cabbage one at 53.
D: 3oz pre-grilled chicken slices (I think of Dawn when I have these :) they are SOOOO helpful to have around) for 120 and then double ff greek yogurt serving (for 200) with sf jam (40).

451 cal
40g net

might snack on some pickled veggies, which I don't usually count...

Missouri_Librarian 03-22-2013 08:41 AM

Happy Friday all...

Sher, love your new avi...beautiful gf

Not feeling so hot again today....just cant do mexican food as good as I used too and i am sooooo tired....

B; none
L; none
D; low cal soup and some crackers

Have a happy day...wooohooo 1 more day and I am on spring break from this job..yippeeee

Missouri_Librarian 03-22-2013 09:57 AM

ughhh also staying out of the office they are having donuts in there

i am working on my easter menu....even though it is an UD, I know how easy it would be to go over my cals

So far I have:

baked ham
deviled eggs
baked sweet potato
homemade mac and cheese ( i know lots of starch on menu but this is my 93 yr old gmas fav and she will be with us to eat)
dinner rolls
lemon chiffon pie

It will just be 3 of us this year, so I dont need alot of food but seems like i am missing something...

Jbinme 03-22-2013 10:14 AM

You're missing me! Jk
Sounds wonderful

hot-in-texas 03-22-2013 11:17 AM

thanks Stacy! Yay-spring break!!

I am glad Easter is an upday. I know we are having ham, rolls, asparagus, deviled eggs, and probably 100 mor side dishes, knowing my mom! but I don't know what for dessert...maybe coconut cake so good and yummy and calorific!

JMBM 03-22-2013 12:03 PM

:hiya: Hope everyone is doing well today!

B: 0
L: 0
D: :dunno: I'm thinking soup or something. Just haven't decided. Hmmm:confused: maybe Wendy's chili? :D

Flutter 03-22-2013 12:18 PM

Ack, I wish Easter was a DD, personally. We fly out that day and it would be so much easier...plus the next day will be Epcot and I will want margaritas. Oh boy...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps29afb3c8.gif Disney may be the "happiest place on Earth" but my scale will be very bad once I return!

Re: DH doing ADF with me, I'm sure it won't be for long. ;) He is one of those ridiculously annoying people that stay thin their whole lives. He just needs to be on the thinner side because of borderline high b/p. (he doesn't wanna go on meds) ANYhoo, I will enjoy it now!

Tex, I'm sorry you're frustrated. :hugs: It'll be ok, I doubt you did any damage from one UUAD. It might have actually helped. ;)

Soren, SO far, I've done ok with DD pizza nights. However, since I've gone back to original UD/DD numbers that worked before my recent stubborn scale streak, I've been trying to not eat on DDs and push UDs back up. I may just do the low carb pizza anyways tonight, though. I have vaca in a week and as already mentioned, it will kill me soon. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps33e0354f.gif

SlowSure 03-22-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberli33 (Post 16329839)
20 days!!Wow:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitlin' (Post 16329849)

SlowSure, respect, dear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberli33 (Post 16330058)
Lol...she probably could!!She has got me eating Wendys Chili as my DD to go meal:love:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16330125)

You realise that I've never visited a Wendy's but I'm now determined to track down the chili the next time that I'm in the US? :)

I can cope with the lack of taste variety during the potato hack while I'm seeing results, if it stopped working for a few days I doubt that I'd have the motivation to continue.
Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16330125)

SlowSure-- I don't think the potato thing was meant at a long term solution... I'm really concerned you're not getting enough protein and other nutrients. ??? :confused: and concerned...

I very much appreciate your thoughtfulness. I definitely wouldn't do the potato hack beyond the (relatively) short-term.

Potato has a surprisingly good nutrition profile with a fair amount of protein. I'm eating approx 1/4 to 1/3rd as much potato as the 20 potatoes a day chap but I'm still exceeding the RDA for several vitamins and minerals. He followed the potato-only diet for 2 months. The maximum that I would do is 6 weeks although I'm confident that I have good stores of the fat-soluble vitamins which are missing from this way of eating.

I sprout the rice from which I make the congee (which adds vitamins) and the idli (rice dumplings) have a better nutritional profile than it might seem.

Whether I'm as far south of 140lbs as I'd like to be or not, I will definitely halt in time for my mid-April birthday.

Yennie 03-22-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16330647)
I can cope with the lack of taste variety during the potato hack while I'm seeing results, if it stopped working for a few days I doubt that I'd have the motivation to continue.
I very much appreciate your thoughtfulness. I definitely wouldn't do the potato hack beyond the (relatively) short-term.

You've probably said this elsewhere so I apologize for asking but what are your daily losses like?

I was doing strict PDDs and was seeing about 0.5-1 pound loss per day with the typical UD bounce. Been straying from my PDDs and also left off drinking as much lemon water so been seeing the scale creep upwards. Had chinese food for lunch yesterday and today was greeted with a 5 pound bounce up! I know I did not eat 15,000 calories yesterday so its water but still...

Back to the lemon water, and strict potato DDs. Thinking about trying a hack again. You're inspiring me!

tobelowcarber 03-22-2013 02:58 PM

Binging monster left me with arrival of TOM. Oh, it is so good to be back after 1 week

B: 1 lamb burger
L: bone broth
D: baked wild salmon, steamed cauliflower, sliced cucumber

total 585 cal/12 gr carbs

sorenkkg 03-22-2013 04:30 PM

Ok, SlowSure, just looking out for my buddds, asking the tough questions ;)

Stacy, sounds like a great menu, and now I'm inspired! Maybe lc lemon curd to use in bars?

But if I think about this on a dd, I'll faint :faint:

;)

Missouri_Librarian 03-22-2013 06:27 PM

Done working and done eating....I really am loving how this gluc fills me up

Meals
B; none
L; none
D; can of chunky clam chowder soup with 5 crackers

everyone is doing a wonderful job...wooohoo for an UD tomorrow..sleep well all <3

KeirasMom 03-22-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16329789)
B: Tea
L: Wendy's small chili w/habanero sauce
D: Miso? Fish? :dunno:

Dinner was an Amy's Mexican Tamale Pie.

Total today: 360

That's pretty high for me, but I was HUNGRY!

Missouri_Librarian 03-22-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 16331042)
Ok, SlowSure, just looking out for my buddds, asking the tough questions ;)

Stacy, sounds like a great menu, and now I'm inspired! Maybe lc lemon curd to use in bars?

But if I think about this on a dd, I'll faint :faint:

;)

thank you...actually i have never made lemon chiffon pie, but i hear it is lighter than lemon pie...what i was actually wanting to make is this light, cool, fluffy lemon pie i made a few years ago....all i remember is it had cool whip and lemon pie filling and other stuff...it was so good and light tasting....i lost the recipe and cannot find one just like it anywhere online....I see some close, but none with the same ingredients I remember using :sad:

Missouri_Librarian 03-22-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16331226)
Dinner was an Amy's Mexican Tamale Pie.

Total today: 360

That's pretty high for me, but I was HUNGRY!

that sounds like a yummy dinner...what is in a tamale pie..i love tamales