Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Question for the vets...

I am getting close to my goal weight...what do I do with the numbers? Do I go right to maintainance %'s or do a 40 or 45 % wt loss/maintainance thing? Not sure what to do now...or should I keep up with the weight loss I'm at for a bit till the numbers stabilize?

I am about 1 pound from my goal but I may want to go a bit lower for a cushion...How did you guys decide what to do? Thanks for your expertise

Kim
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I think we all sort of just played around with the numbers and decided what would keep us the most comfortable.

Some choose to keep DDs very low and have extravagant UDs. Some choose to use the higher DD numbers. Some of us have moved to 5:2. This is what I'm doing and I LOVE it.

Going into maintenance is much more tricky than I ever thought. After being in WLM for so long, it's hard to wrap your mind around eating more and trying NOT to lose. I decided to go into maintenance when I was at a "healthy" weight, though I could still stand to lose a little more. The beauty with JUDDD is that you can try maintenance, and always go back to WLM if it's not working, or if you decide to get rid of a few more vanity pounds.

ETA: I can be quite compulsive and have to do my best to squash it when it comes up. Because of that, I'm struggling with trying to decide if I want to lose "just a few more pounds." If you have those tendencies, I'd say go into maintenance early and let your mind adapt to your new body, so you can be more objective about those vanity pounds. You weren't that big, so this probably doesn't apply to you, but I thought I'd throw it out there, since it's something I'm dealing with.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!

Last edited by KeirasMom; 03-21-2013 at 09:08 AM..
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I switched to 3 fixed DDs and 4 UDs with no tracking/counting. Since the first of March I've lost 2.3 pounds without trying, so I may eventually switch to 5:2. I like super low DDs so I don't really have an interest in bringing them up. I did add back coffee to DDs which I did not drink during WLM due to half and half.

JUDDD is really flexible for maintanence so I think most of us have to play around a bit.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
I agred with Dawn, transitioning into maintenance was way more overwhelming than I thought it would be! I called goal early because I was getting burned out on roatations and low calorie dds. But then I went on a month long misadventure of different woes, to see which one would be the best fit for me, for maintenance. Everything from IF eating windows to weight watchers Somewhere in there I also realized I still wanted to lose a few more pounds and made my way back to JUDDD. After just a couple rotations I hit my ideal maintenance range and decided to try out 5:2. And then a couple days after deciding to do that, I decided to get really crazy.and try 6:1. Hit a new low today, after not having a dd since last Friday So for now I'm going to stick with this and see how it goes

Last edited by mom23kids; 03-21-2013 at 10:39 AM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #5

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Have been in maintenance for so long I have almost forgotten how I did it.

But I am currently doing 5:2 with pretty low DDs, which I enjoy, and seldom counting my UDs.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Thanks everyone for the information...I did not have a lot to lose to get to my goal, but it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that I am there...I think I am going to do another week of strict rotations with my cals the same to firmly intrench this WOE and then bring the numbers up slowly...maybe do a 5:2 after that

Thanks

Kim
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #7

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
That is all good info. I am making not for when I enter maintenance.
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote