Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Keep us posted on how the eating window works out for you
I will...too funny
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: Age 55 5'6" 160/140
WOE: IF 16/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
It .totally.was.not.worth.it...not as good as I remembered and caused me to be so hungry last night. I had to fight hunger for 2 hours before it went away, from 10 to 12 and I hated it.
The trick is to remember how crappy you felt afterwards, the next time you're tempted to have it again.

Enjoy that crock pot chicken!
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Hey guys! Stopped in to take a peek. I'm about 15 to 20 lbs from maintenance and I've seen this thread and was just investigating if this is a "safe" way to go. I've looked at my numbers on the JUDDD calculator and not even sure which percentage I should follow to maintain and afraid of using the 60% maintenance mode for fear of gaining. I'm just trying to look ahead to try to have a maintenance starting point in place. I guess I might be a little premature, but I just didn't want to get to maintenance and be scratching my head thinking ok now what? Not sure if I even want to go to the full 15 or 20 lbs before I call goal. I'm 5'6" and was shooting for 135, but I may feel content with my weight loss once I get to 140. Idk just waiting to see how I feel. I guess I'm being paranoid about maintaining my weight and am almost afraid. Not sure if I do the 5:2 thing what my UD cals should be? Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: route66
Stats: 160/<145/141
WOE: IF Combo - 6:1 & 16/8ish
Start Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Hey guys! Stopped in to take a peek. I'm about 15 to 20 lbs from maintenance and I've seen this thread and was just investigating if this is a "safe" way to go. I've looked at my numbers on the JUDDD calculator and not even sure which percentage I should follow to maintain and afraid of using the 60% maintenance mode for fear of gaining. I'm just trying to look ahead to try to have a maintenance starting point in place. I guess I might be a little premature, but I just didn't want to get to maintenance and be scratching my head thinking ok now what? Not sure if I even want to go to the full 15 or 20 lbs before I call goal. I'm 5'6" and was shooting for 135, but I may feel content with my weight loss once I get to 140. Idk just waiting to see how I feel. I guess I'm being paranoid about maintaining my weight and am almost afraid. Not sure if I do the 5:2 thing what my UD cals should be? Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated.
If you are thinking about it, why not take a "maintenance break"? That's what I did and found that while being mindful with a more flexible plan, I still was trending down in weight. I was doing JUDD full on and got tired of the rotations as well as anxious about holiday meals. I decided to modify - more cals on DD (up to 1000) and less DD per week. Sometime low carb, sometimes not. I did that for 2 weeks then went back to JUDD for 6 weeks, then another "break" which has extended to now. Works for me. :-) Good luck!
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post
The trick is to remember how crappy you felt afterwards, the next time you're tempted to have it again.

Enjoy that crock pot chicken!
For sure! Tyvm, the chicken is really good and a comfort. The bone broth simmering now.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/114/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
For sure! Tyvm, the chicken is really good and a comfort. The bone broth simmering now.
When you have time will you post the recipe please
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #67
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
I'm 5'6" too and my goal was also 135lbs (my maintenance range is 132-135lbs). I'm experimenting with a modified version of 5:2 right now, a 700-900 calorie md on Mondays, a 500 calorie dd on Thursdays and the other 5 days I'm not counting my calories at all. So far it's working out really well But, maintenance looks different for everyone and you'll just have to experiment and see what works for you. I the 5:2 format for maintenance though!

Last edited by mom23kids; 03-26-2013 at 06:15 PM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
When you have time will you post the recipe please
The chicken was almost 6 lbs, I rinsed it, seasoned it with Lawry's seasoned salt and black pepper inside and out. I always line my crockpot with the liners, placed the chicken in and about 2 cups of water. I cooked it from 12 to 12 on low temp. An hour before removing and deboning, I added 3 stalks of celery, a handful of baby carrots and 1/2 of a medium onion. When I removed the chicken, I also removed the veggies. My crockpot is a Hamilton Beach and it doesn't cook really hot like some of the new digital ones.

It looks like I have about 1 1/2 quarts of broth. I added the bones and small bits back in with 2 T Bragg's apple cider vinegar and am simmering it.

By using the liners, I can place the liner over a bowl, prick a hole in the bottom and drain the broth and with the bones remaining in the bag with no mess.

I hope you enjoy it.

Atkins- 9/9/12 to 2/5/13 (247 to 228.6 -18.4lbs)
5:2/IF/lc -2/5/13 through today -38.4 lbs
Total loss to date - 56.8
---------------
Cathy
Old 03-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The chicken was almost 6 lbs, I rinsed it, seasoned it with Lawry's seasoned salt and black pepper inside and out. I always line my crockpot with the liners, placed the chicken in and about 2 cups of water. I cooked it from 12 to 12 on low temp. An hour before removing and deboning, I added 3 stalks of celery, a handful of baby carrots and 1/2 of a medium onion. When I removed the chicken, I also removed the veggies. My crockpot is a Hamilton Beach and it doesn't cook really hot like some of the new digital ones.

It looks like I have about 1 1/2 quarts of broth. I added the bones and small bits back in with 2 T Bragg's apple cider vinegar and am simmering it.

By using the liners, I can place the liner over a bowl, prick a hole in the bottom and drain the broth and with the bones remaining in the bag with no mess.

I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you so much

My C-pot is about 7 years old, still works very good, but we like the food better when I cook on high. My low is

I have never heard of liners, will check at Walmart for those! Thanks for telling me about the liners and also for the easy recipe
Old 03-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
I've done 5:2 for the last 3 weeks. My DDs are Monday and Wednesday under 300. Friday I try to fast till dinner and then whatever. I don't count any of my UDs. If I'm expecting a fattening weekend then I wait to eat till dinner on Friday, but for transparency sake I fast till dinner at least 2 of my other UDs too, like today. It's not really an on purpose thing. I even packed lunch today, but never got around to it and back home it came. I ate dinner at 8pm and will have a snack around 9:30pm.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
If you are thinking about it, why not take a "maintenance break"? That's what I did and found that while being mindful with a more flexible plan, I still was trending down in weight. I was doing JUDD full on and got tired of the rotations as well as anxious about holiday meals. I decided to modify - more cals on DD (up to 1000) and less DD per week. Sometime low carb, sometimes not. I did that for 2 weeks then went back to JUDD for 6 weeks, then another "break" which has extended to now. Works for me. :-) Good luck!
Thanks so much for the info! So far I'm doing ok on JUDDD, but trying to see which way to go once I call goal. The 5:2 looks very appealing, however I'm concerned about not watching the calories on the UD's. I have not found anything that gives a calorie guideline for the 5 days you're eating normal and don't want to get a nasty surprise on the scales.

Quote:
I'm 5'6" too and my goal was also 135lbs (my maintenance range is 132-135lbs). I'm experimenting with a modified version of 5:2 right now, a 700-900 calorie md on Mondays, a 500 calorie dd on Thursdays and the other 5 days I'm not counting my calories at all. So far it's working out really well But, maintenance looks different for everyone and you'll just have to experiment and see what works for you. I the 5:2 format for maintenance though!
Yeah, I guess you just kinda have to experiment with the calories and what works. I just can't get over only having 2 DD's. But so many have had such good things to say about this woe, especially for maintenance that I really want to give it a try. (once I get there) Thanks for the info!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I've done 5:2 for the last 3 weeks. My DDs are Monday and Wednesday under 300. Friday I try to fast till dinner and then whatever. I don't count any of my UDs. If I'm expecting a fattening weekend then I wait to eat till dinner on Friday, but for transparency sake I fast till dinner at least 2 of my other UDs too, like today. It's not really an on purpose thing. I even packed lunch today, but never got around to it and back home it came. I ate dinner at 8pm and will have a snack around 9:30pm.
Thanks Carly I guess once I get there I will just monitor closely for the first couple of weeks and make adjustments as necessary. I am trying not to get overly obsessed with this, but I just don't want all my efforts to go down the tubes because I'm not being careful. I just know me and if I don't watch myself I'll be back to my old habits.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:40 AM   #73
Established

Quote:
Thanks so much for the info! So far I'm doing ok on JUDDD, but trying to see which way to go once I call goal. The 5:2 looks very appealing, however I'm concerned about not watching the calories on the UD's. I have not found anything that gives a calorie guideline for the 5 days you're eating normal and don't want to get a nasty surprise on the scales.

Yeah, I guess you just kinda have to experiment with the calories and what works. I just can't get over only having 2 DD's. But so many have had such good things to say about this woe, especially for maintenance that I really want to give it a try. (once I get there) Thanks for the info!
It really does boggle the mind that this format works, but for some reason it does! Last week I only did 1 dd and I lost 1.5lbs seriously, how is that even possible?! I wonder if that SIRT gene is doing more things than we realize
Old 03-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Can you splurge on those 5 days of eating or do you diet?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #75
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
My weekends tend to be higher calories, since we usually eat out at least once and then we always have a steak dinner at my inlaws on Sundays. The other days I estimate I eat between 1,500-2,000 calories a day, so a pretty normal range. I do stil watch seving sizes carefully- I can have chips or candy, but I will have one serving, and not half a bag lol.

Last edited by mom23kids; 03-27-2013 at 07:23 AM..
Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I count calories, because if I do not I eat and eat!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It really does boggle the mind that this format works, but for some reason it does! Last week I only did 1 dd and I lost 1.5lbs seriously, how is that even possible?! I wonder if that SIRT gene is doing more things than we realize
I know I want to pinch myself and see if I'm just dreaming. I told my husband this morning that I cant believe I'm , for the most part, only dieting every other day and losing weight. He said, "well you're not eating ANYTHING you want on you're up days so you're still kinda dieting". I said listen if I were doing it the other way (Low cal everyday) I sure as heck wouldn't be eating pie, hamburgers, and tater tots. EVER. So he got my point. And as far as doing this 5:2 thing for maintenance it just seems to good to be true! But I have only heard positives so I'm going for it! Can't wait to get there. Hopefully, just about 15 more lbs to go!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Good news, my binge monster is silenced, I have peace with food again!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Yay - that is a really good thing!
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I splurge ...but not everyday for five days. Every week I have a day where I don't count. Every week I eat fast food. Every week I eat multiple desserts and sweets. Every week I have at least one meal (not a whole day) where I stuff myself - I try not to, but it happens...usualy when there's wine involved.

But also on those five days - I usually have 2-3 days where I eat low carb for at least some of my meals. Every week I have 1 -2 days where I eat just one meal. Every week there are days I skip breakfast because I am not hungry.

If I don't include these things in my week, then I will overeat, binge, eat like I'm batsh*t crazy and then I'm back at square one. You have to find what works for you...
Old 03-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Reading these posts makes me so excited! Can't wait to get to maintenance. I think this was will be easier to manage for me than just continuing to have the same UD/DD rotation. Just don't want to get out of control with it.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Quote:
Reading these posts makes me so excited! Can't wait to get to maintenance. I think this was will be easier to manage for me than just continuing to have the same UD/DD rotation. Just don't want to get out of control with it.
I agree. It sounds really good for maintenance. I hope to be there with you soon!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #83
Established

Quote:
The great thing is if you do have a wild weekend or special event with lots of food, you can always just throw in an extra dd to offset the extra calories 5:2 is so interchangeable with JUDDD, which is a huge plus! I the flexibility 5:2 offers for maintenance!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
I agree. It sounds really good for maintenance. I hope to be there with you soon!
I know I feel like I can see the checkered flag!!!

Quote:
The great thing is if you do have a wild weekend or special event with lots of food, you can always just throw in an extra dd to offset the extra calories 5:2 is so interchangeable with JUDDD, which is a huge plus! I the flexibility 5:2 offers for maintenance!
Sounds like it. I even thought about doing 3 DD's at first just to see how it goes and if I still keep losing then I'll drop it to 2. I read some where that someone did only 1? I just don't think that would work for me. Especially if I were eating around 1800 the other 6 days. I know most don't even count UD calories, but I think I might at first just to see about how many I need to be having on UD's in order to maintain.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
That is great!!!!!!!!!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #86
Established

Quote:
I know I feel like I can see the checkered flag!!!
Sounds like it. I even thought about doing 3 DD's at first just to see how it goes and if I still keep losing then I'll drop it to 2. I read some where that someone did only 1? I just don't think that would work for me. Especially if I were eating around 1800 the other 6 days. I know most don't even count UD calories, but I think I might at first just to see about how many I need to be having on UD's in order to maintain.
Dr. Mosley does 1 dd a week now that he's maintaining. I tried it last week and lost 1.5lbs, but I also counted my ud calories. I've decided that I'd rather have a second dd (or md) a week and not count calories on my other days. So far it's working well, but I've only done it for a few days so far
Old 03-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Dr. Mosley does 1 dd a week now that he's maintaining. I tried it last week and lost 1.5lbs, but I also counted my ud calories. I've decided that I'd rather have a second dd (or md) a week and not count calories on my other days. So far it's working well, but I've only done it for a few days so far
Well I'm very interested in this woe. Especially once I get to maintenance. I want to read others progress and what they are doing so that "hopefully" by the time I get to where I want to be I will have a good idea on how I want to approach my 5:2 maintenance.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

I've been doing 1 DD and s l o w l y trending down still. but I am doing a combo of IF and DD...so my DD will often be 500 cals to 1000 cals, but just in one meal. I wouldn't say I rigidly count on my other days, but I stay between 1500-2200 generally with an occasional UUAD.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
I've been doing 1 DD and s l o w l y trending down still. but I am doing a combo of IF and DD...so my DD will often be 500 cals to 1000 cals, but just in one meal. I wouldn't say I rigidly count on my other days, but I stay between 1500-2200 generally with an occasional UUAD.
Ok, yeah I was kinda trying to get a general idea on where to cap the calories on the UD's. I looked at the JUDDD calculator for my maintenance numbers so I thought I'd just keep my UD's to that number and keep the 2 DD's at 500 or lower. Thought that would at least be a starting point.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #90
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Ok, yeah I was kinda trying to get a general idea on where to cap the calories on the UD's. I looked at the JUDDD calculator for my maintenance numbers so I thought I'd just keep my UD's to that number and keep the 2 DD's at 500 or lower. Thought that would at least be a starting point.
That's what I've been doing for the last two months. I lost a tiny amount in the first month but have been holding steady this month. I've also had a couple of UUADs which is not my norm, but I'm testing the boundaries of maintenance, and seem to be doing just fine. Eventually, I'd like to relax on counting everything, but it's really hard for me to NOT count. I've been trying so long to lose weight, that counting is really part of my everyday existence.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote