Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member
 
Meziana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMSTERDAM
Posts: 17
Gallery: Meziana
What to do when you're losing very slow on JUDDD?

Hi guys

I have been on JUDDD for 2months now and in my first month i lost 5lbs
But now it seems i'm stuck at 136 lbs..

the calculator on the JUDDD website says i need to eat up to 348cals on DD's and 1740 on UD's which i have been doing since the beginning of march, before that in february when i first started i ate till 400 cals on DD's and i still lost weight, but since the scale is hardly moving i just lowered my calories on DD's and i always eat up to 1700 on UDs..but i am still not getting the results i was hoping for? i do eat prepackaged foods on DD's so its easier for me to count the calories that day, could that maybe be the issue? i btw also do Intermittent Fasting so i only eat from 12 to 6 pm
Why am i losing so slow..my goal weight is to lose 114 lbs but it seems its taking forever, i dont wanna give up on JUDDD because this is the first ''diet'' i actually love and can maintain!

I hope someone can give me some on advice on what to do..

Greetings!

Last edited by Meziana; 03-20-2013 at 06:17 PM..
Meziana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
 
hot-in-texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,723
Gallery: hot-in-texas
Hello Meziana! Are you calculating your calories with little or no exercise at 20%? That's what seems to work best for most of the juddders whom have discussed this same thing. Good luck, I hope you get it figured out! I am currently seeming to be basically standing still in my weight loss as well, may have to look at my calories again. WELCOME!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!
 
JMBM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,296
Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meziana View Post
Hi guys

I have been on JUDDD for 2months now and in my first month i lost 5lbs
But now it seems i'm stuck at 136 lbs..

the calculator on the JUDDD website says i need to eat up to 348cals on DD's and 1740 on UD's which i have been doing since the beginning of march, before that in february when i first started i ate till 400 cals on DD's and i still lost weight, but since the scale is hardly moving i just lowered my calories on DD's and i always eat up to 1700 on UDs..but i am still not getting the results i was hoping for? i do eat prepackaged foods on DD's so its easier for me to count the calories that day, could that maybe be the issue?
Why am i losing so slow..my goal weight is to lose 114 lbs but it seems its taking forever, i dont wanna give up on JUDDD because this is the first ''diet'' i actually love and can maintain!

I hope someone can give me some on advice on what to do..

Greetings!
Meziana! Your numbers look close to mine. I have noticed mine being a little slow as well, but I dropped my DD num to around 300 or even lower sometimes and that seems to help. Also, I noticed that when I drink lots, and lots of water I get better results. Recently, I think I've had some calorie counting trouble due to eating out so now I'm a little more cautious with that. Makes me feel safer preparing my meals at home so I can measure my servings and what not. Hope this helps. Sounds like you've got some good ideas, but try drinking more fluids and see if that helps. Several seem to like the lemon water.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,819
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Stay with it Mezziana! I may not be the fastest loser, but I am a long term and I see results are much better with the younger crowd.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mssarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 3,494
Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Probably what you don't want to hear but my first advice is to relax, accept it and stop stressing over it. This woe is actually a way of life (started to write way of love) that will have its ups and downs and sometimes we just don't lose as our bodies are adjusting to the new weight...and, yep, a lost a lot the first few months but have slowed down and will be looking to boost the weight loss soon. Who knows why the body slows down the weight loss but the body is wonderous machine that doesn't want to lose an ounce and wants you to pack it on. Stress hormones also work against weight loss and the more I read about this woe the more I understand that I didn't put my excess weight on overnight and I'm certainly not going to take it off overnight.

BTW, I'm sure you meant that your goal weight is 114, not that you want to lose 114 pounds...and also you must remember the closer you get to goal, the slower it will most likely come off...the body is a wonderous thing and genetics has built it thus. Plus, right now we are still in the winter blahs of putting on weight to get us through the long nights and last until the spring comes.

If you've read Dr. Johnson's book, you know that he recommends fasting on alternate days but doesn't think most people will do it...you might try that to see if it shakes up the metabolism. Some packaged foods have a lot of sodium which will help retain the water. Are you drinking your water every day to balance it out. I'm thinking of returning to my summer diet (I started JUDDDing in June) of lots of salad and fresh chicken...even on the up days,,,you might try that. Or, try the liquid diet drinks...I personally don't use 'em as I need something solid in the stomach but a lot of our jb's do them and do great.

Are you feeling the other benefits of IF...the increased energy, the feel-good emotions, and have you had your blood checked recently? Also, a lot of our jb's (and I'm one) show a decrease in measurements even if the scales are not dropping...you may be having successes of which you're not aware.

So, I hope these help and I'm sure it won't be too long before the scale starts moving again....good luck.
__________________
Mary in SoCal

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,062
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Mary!!! It takes some time, but I am one who has complained of slow loss, etc. and have come to feel the way Mary does. I will stay with this WOE no matter whether it takes a year or more to lose or not. I LOVE it. My mood and everything are better now.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Kimmietoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 531
Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Chiming in here...I have a TON to lose...more than just about any other regular JUDDDER on this board. While I have had some success with weight loss, it is really not as important as the physical and emotional changes that I am seeing happen with this WOL/WOE.

I can be sooooo impatient. I want this weight off badly! What I have come to recognize is that I am seeing major improvements in how I feel in less than two months. The 21 pound weight loss is basically a bonus! My asthma is all but gone. My joints don't hurt like they did. My energy levels are increasing. I feel GOOD for the first time in a long time, and it's way more than the weight loss that I've had to date. I feel my spirit lifting and I am looking forward to LIFE!

So the long story short is...hang in there...let the SIRT1 gene kick in and start its majic, and learn to be a little patient. I promise you, you will be thankful that you did.

I wish you great success!!!


Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,630
Gallery: adillenal
Your goal is 114 but you did not state your height. If the goal weight is at the very bottom of the suggested weight for your height it is going to be hard to get that low for most people. It will be slow going and lowering your DD is the easiest way to increase your losses. At least that is what has worked for me. Still slow though.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,551
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Haven't hit that stage yet but I'm prepared for when I do...I hope! (LOL, which I start complaining, remind me of this post!)
Based on what others have said, now is the time to look for those NSVs! Are your clothes fitting better? Losing inches? Stronger at the gym? Feeling better? Pain gone?
Its my observation that the JBs that don't have as much to lose - whether starting from a lower weight or approaching a goal - tend to slow down in their weight loss. Having said that, there are plenty of JBs who have or are stalled, so maybe I'm imaging that last part.
Hang in there! Good things are happening even if the evil scale isn't showing it!!
__________________

*****************************************
My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
Lori_:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 863
Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Hang in there!! I've been JUDDDing since the beginning of March and have lost ZERO! I keep faffing about with the same 2 lbs. I had lost 20 lbs since Jan 5 previous to starting this WOE, so I'm hoping my body is just adjusting to everything. I'm not ready to give up since I feel great on this plan and I feel thinner and more toned even if the scale is not cooperating!

Lori
Lori_:) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,503
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meziana View Post
Hi guys

I have been on JUDDD for 2months now and in my first month i lost 5lbs
But now it seems i'm stuck at 136 lbs..

the calculator on the JUDDD website says i need to eat up to 348cals on DD's and 1740 on UD's which i have been doing since the beginning of march, before that in february when i first started i ate till 400 cals on DD's and i still lost weight, but since the scale is hardly moving i just lowered my calories on DD's and i always eat up to 1700 on UDs..but i am still not getting the results i was hoping for? i do eat prepackaged foods on DD's so its easier for me to count the calories that day, could that maybe be the issue? i btw also do Intermittent Fasting so i only eat from 12 to 6 pm
Why am i losing so slow..my goal weight is to lose 114 lbs but it seems its taking forever, i dont wanna give up on JUDDD because this is the first ''diet'' i actually love and can maintain!

I hope someone can give me some on advice on what to do..

Greetings!
your UD #s seem high to me...but im a newbie and may be wrong..thing is,I weighed 171 at 5ft6 when starting and my UD amt was 1800 and if you are 136 lbs and eating 1740 that might be why you are not losing.but like I said im a newbie
ETA:Just checked the JUDDD site and age,heighth,activity level,really make a difference.

Last edited by Kimberli33; 03-21-2013 at 08:23 AM..
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,799
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Your goal is 114 but you did not state your height. If the goal weight is at the very bottom of the suggested weight for your height it is going to be hard to get that low for most people. It will be slow going and lowering your DD is the easiest way to increase your losses. At least that is what has worked for me. Still slow though.
If you are much taller than 5'1" it may be really hard to get to 114. If you give us your age and hight we can look at your numbers. I would agree that 1700 may be high at 136, but you may be quite young so it may be accurate. You may also be quite tall so it may be accurate in which case 114, may be a bit lower than your body is willing to go with out a huge fight. JUDDD can definitly bring you to a healthy goal weight, but it's not really going to work if you want to be really, really thin, beyond what is healthy for your body.
__________________
<---- Before Carly
10.0 lbs lost on LC/low cal. (2/21/12-3/27/12)
65.8 lbs lost on JUDDD (3/28/12- 4/18/13)
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member
 
Meziana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMSTERDAM
Posts: 17
Gallery: Meziana
Hey guys, thank you ALL for replying!
It really keeps me motivated. i'll just respond to you all in one post if you guys don't mind

I'll try drinking lots of water again, and lower my DD calories to 250 and see how that works out.
I'll also try eating more ''clean'' , especially on UD's so more salads etc

I haven't been working out these last two weeks though, because i am very tired for some reason, i haven't even had my period it has been 6weeks already.. im guessing thats due to stress(i admit i'm very stressed lately)

By the way, i didn't tell my height it is 5'5 , and yes i put 20% weight loss with no or little excercise on the calculator.

Anyways i'm definatly not giving up on JUDDD,i'll stay on the boards and read all the fab threads to stay motivated!
Meziana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,153
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meziana View Post
Hey guys, thank you ALL for replying!
It really keeps me motivated. i'll just respond to you all in one post if you guys don't mind

I'll try drinking lots of water again, and lower my DD calories to 250 and see how that works out.
I'll also try eating more ''clean'' , especially on UD's so more salads etc

I haven't been working out these last two weeks though, because i am very tired for some reason, i haven't even had my period it has been 6weeks already.. im guessing thats due to stress(i admit i'm very stressed lately)

By the way, i didn't tell my height it is 5'5 , and yes i put 20% weight loss with no or little excercise on the calculator.

Anyways i'm definatly not giving up on JUDDD,i'll stay on the boards and read all the fab threads to stay motivated!
Any possibility you're pregnant? I got VERY tired when I was pregnant, and with your period being so late . . .
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member
 
Meziana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMSTERDAM
Posts: 17
Gallery: Meziana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
If you are much taller than 5'1" it may be really hard to get to 114. If you give us your age and hight we can look at your numbers. I would agree that 1700 may be high at 136, but you may be quite young so it may be accurate. You may also be quite tall so it may be accurate in which case 114, may be a bit lower than your body is willing to go with out a huge fight. JUDDD can definitly bring you to a healthy goal weight, but it's not really going to work if you want to be really, really thin, beyond what is healthy for your body.
Hi Carly,

I'm 22 years old and i'm 5'5 tall, but have not really ''active'' lately.. i have been sitting at home these last 2 weeks

I'm 136 but far from thin, because i keep my weight around my belly.
Thats the real reason i want to go to 114lbs, i want to lose my belly fat.. it doesn't necessarily have to be flat but if it would shrink some more it would definetly look much much better.. have been walking around with it way too long it is time for me to lose the belly fat
Meziana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member
 
Meziana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMSTERDAM
Posts: 17
Gallery: Meziana
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Any possibility you're pregnant? I got VERY tired when I was pregnant, and with your period being so late . . .
I have not been intimate for a long time so that cant be the reason

But i have had this problem since i was younger, the last few months i haven't but i guess my irregular period has returned. I'll go to the doctor for that, maybe try going on birthcontrol.
Meziana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,503
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meziana View Post
Hi Carly,

I'm 22 years old and i'm 5'5 tall, but have not really ''active'' lately.. i have been sitting at home these last 2 weeks

I'm 136 but far from thin, because i keep my weight around my belly.
Thats the real reason i want to go to 114lbs, i want to lose my belly fat.. it doesn't necessarily have to be flat but if it would shrink some more it would definetly look much much better.. have been walking around with it way too long it is time for me to lose the belly fat
I carry my weight that way too(and it sux) but at 136lbs and 5ft5 you might be suprised how little it will take to drop the tummy flab.You might be shocked at how you would look at 125lbs.
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member
 
Kimmietoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 531
Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Your goal is 114 but you did not state your height. If the goal weight is at the very bottom of the suggested weight for your height it is going to be hard to get that low for most people. It will be slow going and lowering your DD is the easiest way to increase your losses. At least that is what has worked for me. Still slow though.
I think Adi has probably hit the nail on the head. At your height, 136 pounds is a BMI of 22.6, smack in the middle of normal range. At 114 pounds, your BMI would only be 19, very close to the low end of the range.

Your plan of lowering your DD is right on target with her recommendation and the improved nutrition and water consumption that you are planning will help, too.

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #19
Junior LCF Member
 
Meziana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMSTERDAM
Posts: 17
Gallery: Meziana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
I carry my weight that way too(and it sux) but at 136lbs and 5ft5 you might be suprised how little it will take to drop the tummy flab.You might be shocked at how you would look at 125lbs.
Yess it does! -sigh- i sometimes even envy the chubby girls who actually have a flat belly!

If i reach 125lbs i'll definetly make a thread probally some before and after pics too..

all i need to do is get there
Meziana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member
 
Meziana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMSTERDAM
Posts: 17
Gallery: Meziana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmietoo View Post
I think Adi has probably hit the nail on the head. At your height, 136 pounds is a BMI of 22.6, smack in the middle of normal range. At 114 pounds, your BMI would only be 19, very close to the low end of the range.

Your plan of lowering your DD is right on target with her recommendation and the improved nutrition and water consumption that you are planning will help, too.

Kimmie
I sure hope it does, thankyou

I already started drinking my third bottle of water today
Meziana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,799
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
I carry my weight that way too(and it sux) but at 136lbs and 5ft5 you might be suprised how little it will take to drop the tummy flab.You might be shocked at how you would look at 125lbs.
I carry by weight in my belly too. For me that is a fact of life. I have weighted 95 pounds, been very unhealthy and still had a pooch on my belly. I agree with Kim- you may be happily suprised at how you look and feel at 125, but like Adi said- that low range is hard to get at and will probably take patience. The body is not as willing to give weight up when there isn't much extra to spare.

Would a part of me like to be 110, yeah, but oh the work that would take and while I'm sure I'd have a flatter stomach I would have twigs for legs, tooth picks for arms and the most drawn face- so my poochy stomach and I will be sticking together for now.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member
 
Meziana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMSTERDAM
Posts: 17
Gallery: Meziana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I carry by weight in my belly too. For me that is a fact of life. I have weighted 95 pounds, been very unhealthy and still had a pooch on my belly. I agree with Kim- you may be happily suprised at how you look and feel at 125, but like Adi said- that low range is hard to get at and will probably take patience. The body is not as willing to give weight up when there isn't much extra to spare.

Would a part of me like to be 110, yeah, but oh the work that would take and while I'm sure I'd have a flatter stomach I would have twigs for legs, tooth picks for arms and the most drawn face- so my poochy stomach and I will be sticking together for now.
First off let me say WOW. i just now saw your before and after pic link in your OT and you look amazing, very beautiful ! good job!!

But i guess i can live with a little pooch, i really don't mind, but mine kinda looks like a pregnancy belly..not good, not good.

I'm going to try and stop being impatient and just hope i reach my goal by june-july
Meziana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 196
Gallery: grammyw/kitties
Stats: I am 170.2
WOE: I am starting IF leaning towards locarb
Start Date: Starting Dec 20,2012
I am doing a thyroid cleanse hoping that will help also I will be having it tested as I believe that most women in their late 50's their thyroid doesnt work as it should. That saying...I still feel better than usual its just some days I drag..hense the thyroid questions..I will keep posting and will update. Healthy is what we need Less is what we want..How about a healthy in between??
grammyw/kitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,551
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meziana View Post

I'll try drinking lots of water again,

If available, try adding lemon to your water. I've noticed this makes a HUGE difference. There is a thread here somewhere about lemon water - I'll see if I can find it. I've actually been in a bit of a stall myself the last week or so - a mini-stall - and I only realized tonight that this corresponds with the time that I switched my water from lemon to peppermint.

i haven't even had my period it has been 6weeks already.. im guessing thats due to stress(i admit i'm very stressed lately)
Dawn beat me to it but I was definitely thinking the same thing. I was EXHAUSTED when I was pregnant. But since you're sure...
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member
 
Meziana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMSTERDAM
Posts: 17
Gallery: Meziana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Dawn beat me to it but I was definitely thinking the same thing. I was EXHAUSTED when I was pregnant. But since you're sure...
Yesss,i FINALLY got my period today
Meziana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #26
Junior LCF Member
 
Meziana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMSTERDAM
Posts: 17
Gallery: Meziana
Can anyone please answer just one more question for me

this is the deal.. me and my best friend are going to celebrate our birthdays this saturday, and well... birthdays mean alcohol ..........

I know its bad but i know i cant go without alcohol when partying(which i dont do that often thank god), so what should i do.. just ''sin'' one day and just follow up immediatly with a DD? or maybe 2 DD's..
Meziana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #27
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,153
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Birthdays are always UDs and there's no restriction to how you get your calories in. Many of us here enjoy alcohol (some more moderately than others)

If it's your UD, enjoy it, and continue with your normal rotations. If it's a DD, you get to decide if you want to switch rotations, or have two UDs in a row, but there's no reason to do two DDs.

Have fun, and happy early !
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,767
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I totally agree with Dawn. Enjoy your day! Have what you want to eat and drink, because the occasional UUAD will not hurt you. And !
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!
 
Yennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,551
Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed

Hope you have a fun celebration! I agree - birthdays are always UDs! You can do 2 UDs in a row, no worries and then head back into a DD & resume your regular rotation. Not a good idea to do 2 DDs in a row. Makes it tough on your system, and mentally, and there is always the risk of a metabolic slow down!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:47 AM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,799
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
If you opt for a mid day it is 60% on the juddd calculator. It is recomended That you do DD, MD, UD if you are swtching rotations. Think small, medium, large. 2 UDs are fine, too.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.