Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   PMS (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/799980-pms.html)

LowCarbAndrea 03-20-2013 06:48 PM

PMS

I noticed that folks were talking about reduced pain on JUDDD, but I would like to know if anyone with moderate to severe cramping PMS has experienced improvement in this department - because if I were able to see any benefit at all, it would be AMAZING!

Also, on the subject of JUDDD Magic, I have this fatty tumor in my abdomen that is about the size of a baseball called a Lipoma. Well, people have also been mentioning that cysts and bumps have disappeared, anyone heard of a lipoma shrinking???? I am on the verge of needing surgery for this thing, and I really just can't do that. Not without turning my life inside out (and the lives of everyone close to me).

Carly 03-20-2013 06:57 PM

My cycle was already wacky, but it's gotten more irregular since JUDDDING. I think the cramps are less painful, but I've had my period 3x in less than 6 weeks. I got that tested at the endocrinologist last night too. I have PCOS.

LowCarbAndrea 03-20-2013 06:59 PM

Ugh. I thought you were going to say that you were too skinny to have a cycle anymore! =P (just joking - sort of) =)

Librarygirl 03-20-2013 07:06 PM

I had a cyst about 20 years ago and the doctor prescribed birth contol pills to dissolve it. Do you take BC pills? They help with cramping as well, I think. I have irregular periods now due to peri-menopause, but I recently had TOM start without any warning at all...no cramps, nothing. :)

LowCarbAndrea 03-20-2013 07:41 PM

I have not taken birth control since my DH was "fixed" about 6 years ago. I had been on them basically my entire adult life beforehand. Lately, in the last 2 years, my cramps are getting worse and worse - to the point of crying every month. I can mitigate the pain if I take a steady stream of ibuprofen every 4 hours for about three straight days, but for some reason I tend to forget - which you would not think would happen when you are experiencing this kind of pain - but I am just weird I suppose. I always end up being out somewhere with no meds. I suppose its not really that bad if ibuprofen can help so significantly, even if I am a crybaby, but it sure would be nice if those cramps took a hike!

Yennie 03-20-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea (Post 16327311)
Also, on the subject of JUDDD Magic, I have this fatty tumor in my abdomen that is about the size of a baseball called a Lipoma. Well, people have also been mentioning that cysts and bumps have disappeared, anyone heard of a lipoma shrinking???? I am on the verge of needing surgery for this thing, and I really just can't do that. Not without turning my life inside out (and the lives of everyone close to me).

Weeeeeeellllllllll... I don't do people but - I've never seen weight loss shrink or eliminate a lipoma in a dog. In fact, my Golden who is 11.5 years old has never had an overweight day in her life and she's got lipomas.

Having said that, a dog is not a human and a human is not a dog. Wouldn't it be wonderful if JUDDD shrank it? I don't think Miss Willow would appreciate ADF however, so I don't think I'll be using it on hers any time soon. ;)

Librarygirl 03-20-2013 07:53 PM

I took BC pills before I got the cyst, and had quit. Resuming them dissolved it. I don't take them now and haven't in years, even before I quit needing them, but I bet if you resumed taking them for a few months the cyst would go away, and cramping would be helped as well. I hesitate to endorse BC pills because of other problems they can/may cause, but I do know at least this much. ^^ There's no substitute for speaking to your gynecologist, however. :)

Carly 03-23-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie (Post 16327418)
Weeeeeeellllllllll... I don't do people but - I've never seen weight loss shrink or eliminate a lipoma in a dog. In fact, my Golden who is 11.5 years old has never had an overweight day in her life and she's got lipomas.

Having said that, a dog is not a human and a human is not a dog. Wouldn't it be wonderful if JUDDD shrank it? I don't think Miss Willow would appreciate ADF however, so I don't think I'll be using it on hers any time soon. ;)

My cat's name is Willow :love:
She is 15 years young (but I'm hoping she will live forever :aprayer:)
She nor her 4 brothers would appriciate ADF, but 2 of the boys are insulin dependent and I threaten them with juddd all the time. Ben weights 22 pounds- that is a very, very fat cat!!!!!!!!!!!!

krow134 03-23-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea (Post 16327311)
I noticed that folks were talking about reduced pain on JUDDD, but I would like to know if anyone with moderate to severe cramping PMS has experienced improvement in this department - because if I were able to see any benefit at all, it would be AMAZING!

Weird you asked about the Lipoma. I was just looking this up earlier today. I think I have one in my breast and was looking at symptoms and things to add to my list for my new gynie. Have appointment on Friday and trying to prepare so nothing gets missed.

From what I seen: no, a diet wont reduce it. I was trying to find that answer myself and was hoping to see a yes but no its a no. But I did see where if you dont want surgery and it reaches a bigger mass you can try steriod injections to it to shrink it. Maybe you can ask about this since you dont really want surgery.

As for cramping and that, I cant really answer as I dont have "normal" periods so say. I go forever without one then when I get one it lasts forever. Miserable cycles for me! JUDDD, exercise, and weighloss has made no difference to this for me.

Yennie 03-23-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16332698)
My cat's name is Willow :love:
She is 15 years young (but I'm hoping she will live forever :aprayer:)

Also a well known law of the universe - all animals named "Willow" will live forever.

She nor her 4 brothers would appriciate ADF, but 2 of the boys are insulin dependent and I threaten them with juddd all the time. Ben weights 22 pounds- that is a very, very fat cat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy cow! That is a very, very, very big kitty! But he's also big boned, right?
My 4-legged children are the delight of my days. I've had this dog longer than even the hubby! Only one that's been around longer than her that's still with us is the brown "old man" horse (who isn't *that* old)!

Carly 03-24-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie (Post 16332967)
Holy cow! That is a very, very, very big kitty! But he's also big boned, right?
My 4-legged children are the delight of my days. I've had this dog longer than even the hubby! Only one that's been around longer than her that's still with us is the brown "old man" horse (who isn't *that* old)!

Yes, Ben is a big cat- his litter mate Jerry, who is also insulin dependent is 17.5 pounds and looks sleek and slender compared to Ben's super chunky 22lbs. I've has Willow and Simba longer than DW and DW has has Ben and Jerry longer than me. We have Scooterpie who we got together :heart:

LowCarbAndrea 03-24-2013 10:47 AM

I want cats! My 16-year-old Smokey went to kitty heaven two months ago - and for some reason it was extremely heartbreaking - way more so than I would have thought. I cried myself to sleep for some time. Its craziness. I cannot bring myself yet to explore getting another kitten, but I want one. If that makes sense. lol. =) I have my dog for now - but she is 9 and greying - I am terrified about how I will react when she dies.

Yennie 03-24-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea (Post 16333581)
My 16-year-old Smokey went to kitty heaven two months ago - and for some reason it was extremely heartbreaking - way more so than I would have thought. I cried myself to sleep for some time.

:cry:
It is heartbreaking. They are a part of you, a part of your family and we love them. I was useless for about 10 days after my Wesley dog died unexpectedly back in 2004, which is why I know I'm going to lose it completely when Willow goes (except she won't because, see previous post, she's going to live forever).

They're very special, and its hard to know when the right time is to bring home another friend. I hear all the time people saying they can't do it again so this is their last pet, but inevitably they end up back in the office in a few months with a new puppy or kitten! They bring such joy, even if they're only with us for a relatively short time.

Carly 03-24-2013 11:12 AM

I was the same way when Salty died for no reason at home in 2009. He was only 11 so I just kept wondering what could have happened. When the time was right we got Scooterpie and often he reminds me of Salty at the stangest times. Salty was a Himalayan and Scooterpie is a Persian, so every now and then I see Scooter's poofy tail going around the corner and I get a memory of Salty :heart:

LowCarbAndrea 03-24-2013 11:18 AM

I can still hear Smokey crying at the back door. It is the strangest thing. And my husband says, half asleep, "Okay Smokey, I'm getting up!" Because she used to wake him up for breakfast. He "sees" her going around corners sometimes too and has to do a double take. and the kids see similar looking cats in the neighborhood and swear its her.

When I do get another one, I am going to make sure she looks nothing like Smokey. Maybe then she won't feel like so much of a replacement as just a new baby.

Carly 03-24-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea (Post 16333629)
I can still hear Smokey crying at the back door. It is the strangest thing. And my husband says, half asleep, "Okay Smokey, I'm getting up!" Because she used to wake him up for breakfast. He "sees" her going around corners sometimes too and has to do a double take. and the kids see similar looking cats in the neighborhood and swear its her.

When I do get another one, I am going to make sure she looks nothing like Smokey. Maybe then she won't feel like so much of a replacement as just a new baby.

I wanted another Himalayan, but DW said it probably wasn't a good idea and I know she was right. I probably would have had trouble if I'd gotten another Himi right away. We adore scooty and he has a great personality. Very different than Salty who was such a mama's boy, but still very lovable and affectionate.

adillenal 03-24-2013 12:12 PM

When my black and tan dachshund died I could not get over it until I got another black and tan dachshund and DH and I both call her the wrong name often. She did not replace the other one per se but really did.

Flossyliz 03-25-2013 08:53 AM

Andrea, the best thing I ever found for cramps was marjoram essential oil. It's anti-spasmodic.

Add a couple of drops to a scant teaspoonful of body lotion, then massage into the abdomen. A few minutes later, a lovely warm feeling of blessed relief.

Might be worth a try.

LowCarbAndrea 03-25-2013 11:51 AM

Oooh, good idea! My cramps are only in my back, so hopefully it will work there, too!

Carly 03-25-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16334958)
Andrea, the best thing I ever found for cramps was marjoram essential oil. It's anti-spasmodic.

Add a couple of drops to a scant teaspoonful of body lotion, then massage into the abdomen. A few minutes later, a lovely warm feeling of blessed relief.

Might be worth a try.

I never heard of it, but I'll be looking into it. My cramps are dreadful. I sometimes think if I weren't on so much pain medication already (for my spine and arthritis) my cramps would be deadly. Seriously, I take 2 types of narcotic pain medication, muscle relaxers and meloxicam :stars:. How on earth do I feel any pain let alone agonizing cramps!

LowCarbAndrea 03-25-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16335965)
I never heard of it, but I'll be looking into it. My cramps are dreadful. I sometimes think if I weren't on so much pain medication already (for my spine and arthritis) my cramps would be deadly. Seriously, I take 2 types of narcotic pain medication, muscle relaxers and meloxicam :stars:. How on earth do I feel any pain let alone agonizing cramps!

OMG I am so sorry for you. That's tough. I feel like a crybaby! :stars:

Carly 03-25-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowCarbAndrea (Post 16335993)
OMG I am so sorry for you. That's tough. I feel like a crybaby! :stars:

No, don't feel that way. I'm better than I used to be. I walked with a walker before I had turned 30! I had my surgery in 2009 and have not used a walker or cane since my recovery! April will be 4 years free of the walker and cane :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

I also parade around in 4-5 inch heels whenever possible:stars:

Flossyliz 03-25-2013 06:40 PM

Carly, from walker to 5" heels. You're one amazing lady!!

I can't find any listed side effects for marjoram but with your cocktail of drugs, you should be aware that it is slightly sedative. My worst cramps came in the middle of the night so it was a godsend!