Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Great doctor's visit! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/799905-great-doctors-visit.html)

Carly 03-19-2013 05:57 PM

Great doctor's visit!

I saw the endocrinologist this evening. He said I'm doing fantastic. He said if he could officially remove diabetic from my record he would, but he said he can't really take the diagnosis away, but I am no longer effected by dangerously high blood glucose or have any need for medication. I've been medication free for about 9 months. He said he fully expects the A1C he took tonight to be under 5.8

He took a finger stick in the office which was 75 after a yogurt and Special K bar 4 hours earlier. He said "You don't have to lose another ounce, your weight is perfect... Just don't gain it back."

I will have my lab results at the end of the week. I'll let you all know how they come out.

This is great news since at this time last year I had to take an injection 2x a day!

krow134 03-19-2013 05:59 PM

:jumpjoy: Wonderful wonderful news!!! :jumpjoy:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! So glad it was all good news for you!!!!!!! :heart: and :hugs:

Librarygirl 03-19-2013 06:15 PM

That is fantastic!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap: I love hearing this kind of good news!!!! WTG!!

Yennie 03-19-2013 06:17 PM

:jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy:
:high5: :high5: :high5:
FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!

mojocat 03-19-2013 06:30 PM

And all this achieved while doing a "fad" diet where we starve ourselves every second day...gasp...horror.......

Congratulations Carly - an amazing achievement with great results. :clap::congrats:

Kimberli33 03-19-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojocat (Post 16325537)
And all this achieved while doing a "fad" diet where we starve ourselves every second day...gasp...horror.......

Congratulations Carly - an amazing achievement with great results. :clap::congrats:

:laugh:

Kimberli33 03-19-2013 06:32 PM

Thats great news.WTG!!

KeirasMom 03-19-2013 06:33 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Carly 03-19-2013 06:35 PM

Thank you all. Yeah, never told the doctor about JUDDD. I just don't think he would get it.

Luv2Eat 03-19-2013 06:48 PM

Congratulations on the wonderful visit, what a fabulous pay off from your diligent efforts! :high5:

Yeah, I know what you mean - I have a doctor visit tomorrow, have dropped a lot of weight, don't know what she'll say. If asked, I'll probably tell part of the truth and admit to 'counting calories'. ;)

JMBM 03-19-2013 06:58 PM

Wonderful news!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: So great to see the health benefits our bodies receive as a result of our weight loss efforts.:high5:

Flutter 03-19-2013 07:12 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps8baa7779.gif So very happy for you, Carly! GREAT job girl!!!!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psc9a9c952.gif

sloppail 03-19-2013 07:27 PM

Awesome job Carly!!!!! You must be pumped!! :)

Kim

Seabreezes 03-19-2013 08:35 PM

Wonderful Carly. You are such an inspiration to everyone!:)

Potaty 03-19-2013 08:37 PM

Incredible news! Great job, Carly!

hot-in-texas 03-19-2013 08:55 PM

So proud of you!!:hugs::jumpjoy::shake:

jdforshort 03-20-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16325478)
I saw the endocrinologist this evening. He said I'm doing fantastic. He said if he could officially remove diabetic from my record he would, but he said he can't really take the diagnosis away, but I am no longer effected by dangerously high blood glucose or have any need for medication. I've been medication free for about 9 months. He said he fully expects the A1C he took tonight to be under 5.8

He took a finger stick in the office which was 75 after a yogurt and Special K bar 4 hours earlier. He said "You don't have to lose another ounce, your weight is perfect... Just don't gain it back."

I will have my lab results at the end of the week. I'll let you all know how they come out.

This is great news since at this time last year I had to take an injection 2x a day!

What more can I say Carly, BRAVO!:up::clap::up::clap:you are an inspiration:stars: and give hope to all of us!:hugs: This is a true victory!:stars::stars::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Kissa 03-20-2013 01:37 AM

How thrilling, although we didn't expect anything less from you Carly.

I am delighted for you and proud of you

Jbinme 03-20-2013 03:26 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: such great news!

Kismet311 03-20-2013 03:41 AM

Great news!! :clap:

Kimmietoo 03-20-2013 03:43 AM

Carly, how cool is THAT!!! :heart:LOVE LOVE LOVE:heart: that you have reversed your diabetes!!! Congratulations on an amazing job! I often refer to your before and after pictures, they are so motivating to me. I even showed them to my DH to show him what is possible on JUDDD!

WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimmie

Carly 03-20-2013 03:49 AM

Thank you all. I'm so thrilled to be in better health. I look better- yes! But feeling better is even better! (I like looking better, too- don't get me wrong :D)

jaymar 03-20-2013 04:28 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:Great news, Carly...so happy for you..I know that maybe everyone doesn't reverse diabetes, ..a few years ago, I had that happen too..I was lucky because my dr did take it off of my chart..I'm a believer that food can be used as medicine..I still have other problems that I'm trying to affect and I do believe this woe will work for me better than anything else I have tried...Keep up the good work, you really are an inspiration..the future is so bright for you..but just think, how many people get diagnosis like diabetes and give up, take the meds...and never get any better..that's why your story is so important..sure, it is every persons decision to make..I'm just glad that you are able to show there can be alternatives to giving up..:high5:

SlowSure 03-20-2013 05:03 AM

Well persevered, Carly. Transforming your health is a truly remarkable achievement.

Lori_:) 03-20-2013 05:23 AM

Fantastic Carly!! :high5: How wonderful to have reversed diabetes!! My sugar was borderline last year and I'm so thankful to have found this WOE so I can hopefully bring it down and avoid the big D!!

You rock!!! :jumpjoy:

Lori

Whitlin' 03-20-2013 05:23 AM

So funny, mojocat!

Best wishes on today's doctor visit, Luv2Eat.

Jaymar, best wishes to you on your journey, too! Happy for your chart victory. If a diagnosis falls in the forest and there's no one to hear it.... hmmm... it may not be worth leaving on a chart. :laugh:

Carly, this is a really strong piece of evidence for the positive benefits of reaching and maintaining a healthy weight through wise restriction of calories. I'm just downright proud of you. :)

True, you have to judge individually whether you think a healthcare professional is open-minded or in-tune enough to accept learning about JUDDD. If you doubted it, I'm glad you didn't risk making your visit less happy by bringing it up. You deserved to bask in the good news.

zipp2play 03-20-2013 05:38 AM

Now that is even more proof that JUDDD is great and works wonders! You have done so well. You deserve all the GREAT feelings and praise you get!!!!!!!! I am in AWE of you!

sterlinggirl 03-20-2013 06:15 AM

:clap: :jumpjoy: WTG~

TryingJudd 03-20-2013 06:19 AM

SO COOOOOL! Congrats on the best reward yet for all your work - great health!

mom23kids 03-20-2013 07:42 AM

:high5: