Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 05:13 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
After yesterday's carb fest, I have to concur that a calorie is definitely not just a calorie regardless of the food choice. Carbs in excess make me crave more carbs and the cycle continues until I am bloated and have consumed way too much. Fortunately, the next day is a DD.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
After yesterday's carb fest, I have to concur that a calorie is definitely not just a calorie regardless of the food choice. Carbs in excess make me crave more carbs and the cycle continues until I am bloated and have consumed way too much. Fortunately, the next day is a DD.
I found this is true for me also. I'm not doing JUDDD rotations right now, but if and when I get back to it I will keep them at least moderate carb.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
I think a lot of people (not all) can lose weight on JUDDD no matter what the calories come from. This has the huge upside of helping people (like me) feel like they can stay on the plan longer than other, more restrictive plans, because the element of deprivation goes away ... we can still have our favorite foods and still participate in deliciousness that happens at social events, and we only have to REALLY restrict every other day. Also, I believe that when you are coming off of a restrictive plan, it's almost a good thing to allow yourself those formerly forbidden foods so they lose that forbidden status.

I also believe in theory that keeping insulin low from lower carbs helps burn fat more efficiently, but so much is going on with weight loss that it's kind of hard to know what is happening sometimes. I've lost very well on low carb without calorie counting in the past (as long as I could stay on it, which usually was no more than 4-5 months). On JUDDD, I've lost pretty well since July eating whatever I wanted within my calories. Then this month, because of blood sugar issues, I cut the carbs, monitored calories very closely, exercised, and I stalled ... but I can't blame it on lower carbs. I'm guessing that either I was trying too hard and stressing my body out, or my body is just not ready to give up many pounds this month. I had other plans but since I relaxed about it, I've started slowly losing on the scale again. I'll have been on a weight loss plan for a year on May 26th (JUDDD since 7/11), so maybe it's just one of those plateau phases that can happen in long term weight loss. Who knows?

But I digress. I've seen a lot of new JUDDDers struggle first with believing they can eat all their up day calories and not gain, or that they can include formerly forbidden foods and lose, and most people can! Good news, right? And, health benefits. I still love this plan after 7 months.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I don't plan on restricting carbs really, but I will be more careful about high calorie meals early in the day. If I have a "treat" later in the day, and still have enough calories for a decent dinner, then it's no problem.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/116.8/115-120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Ditto!!!
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote