Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Supergirl! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/799863-dd-supergirl.html)

Librarygirl 03-19-2013 08:43 AM

DD Supergirl!

Do you ever have those DDs where you feel empowered? Like, look what I can do?! :D It's such a powerful feeling to know that you can fast successfully, unlike the majority of people. I'm feeling the JUDDD high today!!! MAGIC. :up::jumpjoy:

hot-in-texas 03-19-2013 08:48 AM

woohoo LG, that is awesome!!! love your cute AVI

SlowSure 03-19-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16324387)
Do you ever have those DDs where you feel empowered? ...I'm feeling the JUDDD high today!!! MAGIC. :up::jumpjoy:

As someone who is having a grouch of a day, I'm genuinely pleased for you. :sing: May this be the first of many DDs in which you feel just the same :clap:

mom23kids 03-19-2013 08:52 AM

I had that happen last week and it was great! Love your new avi :D

Yennie 03-19-2013 08:58 AM

Very awesome! I'm very pleased for you.
Had a tough couple of last DDs and I think, this morning (an UD) I pinpointed why. I had a routine that worked, and then I went and mixed it up. Bad plan. Going back to what worked and I'm hoping tomorrow will be easier.
Congratulations!!!

Librarygirl 03-19-2013 09:05 AM

I was trying to get into the Spring/Easter spirit (my avi). :D I like that she's reading on a Kindle. :) Of course, the woman is more enlightened.:cool:

LoCarbGal 03-19-2013 09:56 AM

I'm thrilled that you're finally really feeling the JUDDD magic, Cindy! It's worth the wait! Enjoy this wonderful feeling!

Librarygirl 03-19-2013 10:10 AM

I've been feeling it off and on for a while, LCG. I just wanted to put it out there for anyone who wants to celebrate with me!:clap::clap::clap:

jaymar 03-19-2013 10:38 AM

:notwrthy: Yay Cindy...you da woman...so happy you're having a great dd...:D

Jbinme 03-19-2013 10:41 AM

:jumpjoy:
I love it when those kind of DDs happen!

Kimberli33 03-19-2013 12:08 PM

I felt that way on my potato DD of all things...Keep reading how a PDD is hard at 1st but it made me feel great:dunno:

Carly 03-19-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbinme (Post 16324601)
:jumpjoy:
I love it when those kind of DDs happen!

^^^^ :jumpjoy:

vanilla_latte 03-19-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Do you ever have those DDs where you feel empowered? Like, look what I can do?! :D It's such a powerful feeling to know that you can fast successfully, unlike the majority of people. I'm feeling the JUDDD high today!!! MAGIC. :up::jumpjoy:

Yes!!!!! Then I step on the scale and feel deflated if said fasting didn't do much! :annoyed: :laugh:

But, yes, I feel like DDs are empowering and I did post over on another website when people were doing the "omg, I could NEVER eat just 500 calories every other day - my body would go into starvation mode" or "there's just no proof that fasting is beneficial ... " :doh:

arkie1 03-19-2013 01:13 PM

Big Congratulations, LBG! That is so motivating to hear! KUTGW :sing:

Carole

Kimmietoo 03-19-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah, look out! Here comes that powerhouse of a woman!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT FEELING!!! WTG Cindy!!!!

:sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing:

Kimmie

sloppail 03-19-2013 06:55 PM

WTG!! You are awesome!

Kim

Librarygirl 03-19-2013 07:00 PM

I have thought on more than one DD, since the start, that I can understand how anorexic people get addicted to not eating. I hope no one takes that the wrong way! It does produce a high...endorphins kicking in to help ease the pain of starvation? IDK, but it's powerful when it happens.

Luv2Eat 03-19-2013 07:45 PM

LG, I'm so happy for you!!! :jumpjoy: Your patience has been rewarded! :high5: So happy to hear you've found the MAGIC!!!:sing:

JMBM 03-19-2013 08:03 PM

Yep, Yep. Especially when I have a good low one! It's like a feeling of victory!:jumpjoy::sing:

tofucheez 03-20-2013 02:19 PM

LG-I'm glad you brought that up (anorexia). I've read a few comments on this board that had me a bit worried about people. I hope everyone continues to strive for health and balance, not being uber-skinny. Being underweight is as damaging as being overweight. True, most anorexics start as teen girls, but adults also can get "reeled in." That feeling of triumph, being in control, and the compliments and attention you get when losing weight can sometimes spiral out of control. I'm not trying to be on a soapbox here, I just want everyone to stay healthy. :)

Librarygirl 03-20-2013 04:04 PM

I have seen some people who seem to already be on the thin side trying to lose weight, which worried me a bit, but it will be a loooooonnnng time before I have to worry about being too skinny!!!

Familyvet 03-22-2013 06:47 AM

Me too, LG!

Sirtain 03-24-2013 06:53 AM

I like to think of it as my body saying, 'Yay! I don't have the chore of digesting today! I can concentrate on other things.'

My last Down Day was very busy, with projects and errands, and I had mental and physical energy to spare. I loved it!

I, too, am at the spot where it will be a LONG time before I have to worry about being too skinny. I know others' reactions can be a real problem for some people, but I am looking forward to the day when someone tells me to stop losing, or that I am 'too' skinny. So far, it has only happened in my fantasies!