Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Tuesday, How's it Going? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/799859-dd-tuesday-hows-going.html)

Librarygirl 03-19-2013 07:13 AM

DD Tuesday, How's it Going?

I didn't see a thread for today, so here it is. :)

B-half a cup of tea - 5 cals

I have 3 ribs of celery, LC cheese, 1 oz of chicken, 1 small cuke, 7 strawberries and 2 tiny potatoes in my lunch bag. :D I like to be prepared, just in case. ;) I believe all adds up to around 180 cals. The plan is 370 or less for the day.

Lori_:) 03-19-2013 07:22 AM

Here's the preliminary plan!

B: MCT oil in my coffee 100
L: Nada
D: Hmmm....possibly a can of Progresso soup 120-160 depending on which one I choose. I may also put a handful of fresh spinach & arugula in it for few calories.
S: A pop cake with a schmear of peanut butter 100 :yummy:

Lori

Missouri_Librarian 03-19-2013 07:25 AM

It is an up day for me, but I wanted to stop in and say hi to you all...Stay strong and have a great DD...YOU ALL HAVE THIS and your days looks great...keep up the awesome job.....<3

Librarygirl 03-19-2013 07:32 AM

Thanks, Stacy!! I probably won't eat much if any of what I brought, but like to have it as a back-up plan. :D After 4 months I should have this DD thing down pat. ;) It's a learning process...

Hope you enjoy your UD!!!

Jbinme 03-19-2013 07:33 AM

Coffee, 1tbsp HWC -I need to find a low calorie replacement that I like!
I have some cabbage, tuna thing ready to go when I need it. Maybe I can put it off until dinner or I'll split it between lunch and dinner.
Sugarfree jello.

Librarygirl 03-19-2013 07:40 AM

I know what you mean, Janette, about the creamer. I love HWC too. Have you tried light cream, usually next to the heavy cream in the store? I've been buying that and it is a good substitute...30 cals, compared to 50. Not great but better.

KeirasMom 03-19-2013 07:50 AM

B: Tea
L: Small Wendy's chili with TJ's habanero hot sauce (210)
D: ?? I'm craving veggies, so I may get a Subway ham/turkey chopped salad and use WF dressing. (110)

320 for today if all goes according to plan. :D

I've heard the coconut creamer (not coconut cream) is only 10 calories and many enjoy it in their coffee. I drink my coffee black, so I don't use it. :dunno:

adillenal 03-19-2013 07:52 AM

DD
B - Coffee with HWC, one egg with SF marmalade (150)
L - 5 oz already cooked potato in broth with gluc (135)
D - repeat lunch (135)
TOTAL 420

I have tried all kinds of creamers and I do best with the real thing - HWC - so I am sticking with it. 50 calories for 1 T every morning in my coffee keeps me happy.

Missouri_Librarian 03-19-2013 07:54 AM

Librarygirl....love your new avi of course <3

LoCarbGal 03-19-2013 08:09 AM

I'm having a MD today, which always *feels* like a DD to me, so I hope you guys don't mind me joining you here:

B: Coffee/HWC
L: Iced tea, FF greek yogurt
D: Tilapia sauteed in butter, brocolli, potato w/vinegar

Librarygirl 03-19-2013 08:16 AM

Glad to have you here, LCG!:hugs: You reminded me that I bought frozen grilled tilapia Sunday! I can have that for dinner (80 cals for one).:up:

Yokochick 03-19-2013 08:43 AM

This is my second DD. My first DD ended in overeating because I didn't plan very well :p. Today I have planned:

1/2 cup oatmeal --150
2 teaspoons of whey protein powder --30-45 (I logged 45 just to be cautious )
Winter squash soup --160
Chicken stock/soup base --15

370 total. I have an arsenal of green teas on hand to fight the cravings this time too :kicking: The rest of these menus seem so inviting! It makes me want to add more solid food the next time I have my DD :yummy:

jaymar 03-19-2013 08:50 AM

I did a MD the other day, so my schedule changed...still lost one pound...my overall body pain got so bad I had to do something so I added Omega 3 oil...after about 4 days of really bad pain, it is better...thanks for mentioning fish , Cindy..if I can find a frozen salmon filet, that will be dinner..yaaay I do better when I wait until late in the day to eat, but now, I'm eating early so I can take the omega 3...so..I started out with a boiled egg..for me, Juddd is very necessary...I think it's helping heal my body, and that may be painful from time to time, I truly believe if I keep to it, Im gonna be much better at some point.:)

LoCarbGal 03-19-2013 08:55 AM

I just hate that you're in so much pain Jaymar! I do hope you will get some relief over time with this diet, and find some supplements or activities that really help you! :hugs:

Jbinme 03-19-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymar (Post 16324524)
I did a MD the other day, so my schedule changed...still lost one pound...my overall body pain got so bad I had to do something so I added Omega 3 oil...after about 4 days of really bad pain, it is better...thanks for mentioning fish , Cindy..if I can find a frozen salmon filet, that will be dinner..yaaay I do better when I wait until late in the day to eat, but now, I'm eating early so I can take the omega 3...so..I started out with a boiled egg..for me, Juddd is very necessary...I think it's helping heal my body, and that may be painful from time to time, I truly believe if I keep to it, Im gonna be much better at some point.:)

:console:

Jbinme 03-19-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16324412)
DD
B - Coffee with HWC, one egg with SF marmalade (150)
L - 5 oz already cooked potato in broth with gluc (135)
D - repeat lunch (135)
TOTAL 420

I have tried all kinds of creamers and I do best with the real thing - HWC - so I am sticking with it. 50 calories for 1 T every morning in my coffee keeps me happy.

I may do the same. I was able to enjoy with just 1 T this morning so its better than my usual 2-3!

Demonica 03-19-2013 09:05 AM

B- coffee with HWC, SF Cafe Vienna (70)
L- maybe some SF jello with HWC (55)
D- chicken and broccoli stirfry, diet swiss miss (155)

280 total

TryingJudd 03-19-2013 11:51 AM

nothing till about 2:30 when I had a half cup of crockpot buffalo chicken breast with some celery and carrot matchsticks - 150 cals.

Not sure about dinner. I have about 230 calories to use - thinking maybe soup - chicken stock and fresh spinach and a mushroom or two (50) and a light english muffin w pb2 and half a banana

Librarygirl 03-19-2013 03:14 PM

I didn't eat the potatoes, but I have had 2 cups of coffee this afternoon for an extra 40 calories. I have 140 left to make it 371...I plan on tilapia and sauteed broccoli slaw, and probably a fudgecicle for dessert later. :) Looking forward to tomorrow. :D

LowCarbAndrea 03-19-2013 05:39 PM

Tomorrow is my first DD (trial to see if I can survive this baby) and I appreciate this thread for sure. But all I can think of is eggs, eggs, eggs. That is the only thing that comes to mind when I am trying to plan for tomorrow. Coffee and eggs, to be precise. I am probably going to have coffee black for breakfast, then drink as much tea as possible until I am crying, then eat a boiled egg, then back to tea?? I have some celery. I also have some carrots. I could incorporate those, as well as pickles (though the salt...) Hmmmmmmmm.. Is stevia going to affect anything if I put it in my coffee? It seemed to me that somebody was feeling negative toward artificial sweeteners, too. Are they bad? Will they make me stall as they sometimes do for people who are doing LC?

Librarygirl 03-19-2013 06:19 PM

I used Splenda, Andrea. I know there is some debate as to the healthiness of AS (artificial sugar), but I am still using it. It doesn't seem to cause a stall, although I am losing slowly so maybe I'm not the best one to ask. :D As for DD food, browse the DD staples thread (it's a sticky at the top of the JUDDD forum) for ideas. Deli meat is a good choice for protein and low calories...count the slices...I love to spread Laughing Cow cheese on a slice with a pickle spear on top. Roll it up and munch! Oh! :welcome: !!!

ETA: I have ended at about 415 for the day, so a little over my goal, but respectable. ;)