Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Potato DD?????

I want to try this...just finishing week 1 of JUDDD(after 6 weeks lc) and the scale is in NO GO mode.How do you do a potato dd?
Q's,want to be sure I got the facts right.
baked potato ok?
dont add anything to them but salt and pepper,right?
eat cold??? Is this part necessary?
anything else to know?
thanks JBs

Last edited by Kimberli33; 03-18-2013 at 07:54 AM..
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Kim,
There are lots of threads including the one Adi just did, on PDDs. I'm on my phone so I can't link. But I would like to caution you to not try a tweak, even a 1 day potato hack, this early. Stick with rotations & let your SIRTs build first.
You are certainly welcome to incorporate potatoes into your menu but I would leave off trying the hack, even if its just for the day.
Spend the next week building SIRTs & reading the potato threads to get down the rules & see if its for you.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
I want to try this...just finishing week 1 of JUDDD(after 6 weeks lc) and the scale is in NO GO mode.How do you do a potato dd?
Q's,want to be sure I got the facts right.
baked potato ok?
dont add anything to them but salt and pepper,right?
eat cold??? Is this part necessary?
anything else to know?
thanks JBs

When I started JUDDD I did not lose anything my first two weeks. If I had judged JUDDD by that I would have quit but I did not and I am now in maintenance. I would give it a month at least before making any changes. This is a slow process for many. I was a slow loser but lost eventually.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Very likely this is from coming off low carb to some extent. When I stopped LCing I gained about 5 lbs the first week. Its very likely that water gain is being masked by JUDDD and so it just looks like you haven't lost anything.

I don't see anything wrong with doing a potato down day as long as you stick to your calories (or maybe a little higher) and see if it helps. It shouldn't affect your rotation and it is very filling. It if doesn't seem like its working, add other food back in.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Very likely this is from coming off low carb to some extent. When I stopped LCing I gained about 5 lbs the first week. Its very likely that water gain is being masked by JUDDD and so it just looks like you haven't lost anything.

I don't see anything wrong with doing a potato down day as long as you stick to your calories (or maybe a little higher) and see if it helps. It shouldn't affect your rotation and it is very filling. It if doesn't seem like its working, add other food back in.
Thanks Brew-I was going to do a water fast but thought a potato dd would be a little easier.Does the potatoes affect Sirts?
Old 03-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
Thanks Brew-I was going to do a water fast but thought a potato dd would be a little easier.Does the potatoes affect Sirts?
I don't think so. Its the up down pattern that affect SIRT1 not the composition of the food itself. Since JUDDD doesn't care what kind of calories you eat, I guess a potato is just as good as anything else. However, like several others pointed out, make sure you stick to your rotations if you want JUDDD to work properly.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
I don't think so. Its the up down pattern that affect SIRT1 not the composition of the food itself. Since JUDDD doesn't care what kind of calories you eat, I guess a potato is just as good as anything else. However, like several others pointed out, make sure you stick to your rotations if you want JUDDD to work properly.
thanks.got it.Had my full 1800 calories yesterday(1/2 that in popcorn-hopefully,not doing that again soon)
today going to eat 3 potatoes pan fried in water and add salt and pepper.just had my 1st potato in 2 months and it tasted so good.love potatoes.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
When I started JUDDD I did not lose anything my first two weeks. If I had judged JUDDD by that I would have quit but I did not and I am now in maintenance. I would give it a month at least before making any changes. This is a slow process for many. I was a slow loser but lost eventually.
Thanks.Im thinking transitioning from LC might make the process rougher.Not only because my body is use to Lc but because I got use to seeing bigger losses.Patience,I could use a dose of that.Thanks again Adi,will give it a try...lol