Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Potato DD????? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/799637-potato-dd.html)

Kimberli33 03-18-2013 07:46 AM

Potato DD?????

I want to try this...just finishing week 1 of JUDDD(after 6 weeks lc) and the scale is in NO GO mode.How do you do a potato dd?
Q's,want to be sure I got the facts right.
baked potato ok?
dont add anything to them but salt and pepper,right?
eat cold???:confused: Is this part necessary?
anything else to know?
thanks JBs:)

Yennie 03-18-2013 08:27 AM

Kim,
There are lots of threads including the one Adi just did, on PDDs. I'm on my phone so I can't link. But I would like to caution you to not try a tweak, even a 1 day potato hack, this early. Stick with rotations & let your SIRTs build first.
You are certainly welcome to incorporate potatoes into your menu but I would leave off trying the hack, even if its just for the day.
Spend the next week building SIRTs & reading the potato threads to get down the rules & see if its for you.

adillenal 03-18-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberli33 (Post 16322132)
I want to try this...just finishing week 1 of JUDDD(after 6 weeks lc) and the scale is in NO GO mode.How do you do a potato dd?
Q's,want to be sure I got the facts right.
baked potato ok?
dont add anything to them but salt and pepper,right?
eat cold???:confused: Is this part necessary?
anything else to know?
thanks JBs:)

When I started JUDDD I did not lose anything my first two weeks. If I had judged JUDDD by that I would have quit but I did not and I am now in maintenance. I would give it a month at least before making any changes. This is a slow process for many. I was a slow loser but lost eventually.:)

brewstate 03-18-2013 09:29 AM

Very likely this is from coming off low carb to some extent. When I stopped LCing I gained about 5 lbs the first week. Its very likely that water gain is being masked by JUDDD and so it just looks like you haven't lost anything.

I don't see anything wrong with doing a potato down day as long as you stick to your calories (or maybe a little higher) and see if it helps. It shouldn't affect your rotation and it is very filling. It if doesn't seem like its working, add other food back in.

Kimberli33 03-18-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brewstate (Post 16322359)
Very likely this is from coming off low carb to some extent. When I stopped LCing I gained about 5 lbs the first week. Its very likely that water gain is being masked by JUDDD and so it just looks like you haven't lost anything.

I don't see anything wrong with doing a potato down day as long as you stick to your calories (or maybe a little higher) and see if it helps. It shouldn't affect your rotation and it is very filling. It if doesn't seem like its working, add other food back in.

Thanks Brew-I was going to do a water fast but thought a potato dd would be a little easier.:dunno:Does the potatoes affect Sirts?

brewstate 03-18-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberli33 (Post 16322448)
Thanks Brew-I was going to do a water fast but thought a potato dd would be a little easier.:dunno:Does the potatoes affect Sirts?

I don't think so. Its the up down pattern that affect SIRT1 not the composition of the food itself. Since JUDDD doesn't care what kind of calories you eat, I guess a potato is just as good as anything else. However, like several others pointed out, make sure you stick to your rotations if you want JUDDD to work properly.

Kimberli33 03-18-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brewstate (Post 16322463)
I don't think so. Its the up down pattern that affect SIRT1 not the composition of the food itself. Since JUDDD doesn't care what kind of calories you eat, I guess a potato is just as good as anything else. However, like several others pointed out, make sure you stick to your rotations if you want JUDDD to work properly.

thanks.got it.Had my full 1800 calories yesterday(1/2 that in popcorn:stars:-hopefully,not doing that again soon)
today going to eat 3 potatoes pan fried in water and add salt and pepper.just had my 1st potato in 2 months and it tasted so good.love potatoes.

Kimberli33 03-18-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16322297)
When I started JUDDD I did not lose anything my first two weeks. If I had judged JUDDD by that I would have quit but I did not and I am now in maintenance. I would give it a month at least before making any changes. This is a slow process for many. I was a slow loser but lost eventually.:)

Thanks.Im thinking transitioning from LC might make the process rougher.Not only because my body is use to Lc but because I got use to seeing bigger losses.Patience,:laugh:I could use a dose of that.Thanks again Adi,will give it a try...lol