Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
My year on JUDDD

I can not believe a year has come and gone while on this journey. Some of it has been fun and some I will be quite honest in saying it was just crap!

My year on JUDDD started out great. The eating routine came easy and the inches were dropping. Though the scale frustrated me because it didnt want to move at all. But eventually it all started to catch up.

I started my weightloss journey at the begining of 2012 at 207lbs. I am 5'2" with a small frame so that put me at the very obese mark. My sister was getting married and I wanted to lose weight. I knew there would be pictures to be taken and well, I am the "fat" sister. I really hate that too. My sisters both are thin rails that eat what they want and never exercise, etc....and heres me....I look at food and gain 10lbs. And sadly, I am more active of a person. I work in home health and am on my feet, lifting and up and down the steps more than most in an average day. I never really over ate, I generally am an under-eatter (is that even a word lol!). But yet the weight refused to leave.

One day on the forums here, I found something about JUDDD. I came over to here and found you all. This was a way of eating that was close to how I normally ate. I could go forever and not eat a thing. My job is a busy job and if I dont have time to eat, well I just dont. But dont get me wrong, I do have days that if the fridge is full, I eat til I am fuller!

I fell in love with JUDDD and all my JUDDD BUDDD's and have found alot of success here. However my year was also scarred with a few life moments that would put me in set backs. My hubby losing his job was a huge set back. It wasnt that I couldnt follow JUDDD, I just was stressed beyond belief and JUDDD was pushed way back in my mind. I eventually found my way back to this way of eating and weight started coming off again.

I did manage to get to 159lbs, which I havent seen in years!! I was so proud of that. But over time, I got lazy and that 159 turned into 173!!! I have been fighting that number for a while now. The recent set back for me was my whole tooth issue. When hubby lost his job, we lost our insurance. My tooth broke, then broke again, and finally broke to the gumline. It finally got pulled but the last 2 weeks or so I have been fighting infection, dry socket and stitches that were to tight. I was living on yogurt and salty potatoe chips because I didnt have to chew and the salt felt good on that area. Now you would think that would allow weight to fall off.........yeah well not in my case! I bloated up to 178!

Anyways, as of this morning I am at 174. I realized it was my anniversary on JUDDD and was upset that I hadnt lost more weight and had actually gained. But I sat and thought about it. I was 207lbs.....I am not anymore. I started running in this year and when I first started was only able to run a lap, walk a lap, run a lap, etc etc til I got to a mile.......I can now run a mile in 6 minutes without walking! Clothes that were snug or I wouldnt even think about wearing in public........are lose, and I have worn them out! Its all the little things that I have realized I have achieved, even thought the number on the scale wasnt saying what I wanted, are what matter the most to me now! So what if my sisters are rail thin........I can out run them even at 174lbs! I used to think the thinner I was the prettier I would be........no I know this isnt true now. The number might not be pretty.....but my heart, soul and mind are a beauty that is all mine!!! No number will change that!!! The biggest thing I have noticed in my year on JUDDD is....I AM HAPPIER WITH ME!!!! JUDDD has changed my mind for the better that Atkins, South Beach and every other diet I have tried couldnt. I dont know what it is about JUDDD but it truely is wonderful!

All I can really say is Thank you so much to all my JUDDD BUDDD's who have come and gone in this year. And heres to more friends to come in the following year. I may not have reached goal yet, but I believe I have found so much more and am looking forward to what JUDDD gives me in the next year to come!! Hopefully goal will come way closer for me but heck 33lbs in a year and doing it while actually eating what I want is just way to cool for words!!! Right!!!

Below is a picture on the left is me at 200lbs or so..the one on the right is me this morning at 174lbs. My cheek is still a little swollen and I had to wear my glasses because the left side of my mouth still hurts and contacts just arent comfortable at the moment. But even with a little swelling.....I have cheek bones and my dimple is showing more and more every day!!! I wish I could of done a whole body shot but well it is what it is.....I will wait for that reveal once I hit goal!!! lol!!!

Thank you JUDDD BUDDD's! I love each and everyone of you for your support, advise and general chit chat over the last year!! You all mean alot to me and I want you to know that!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Katie, thank you for sharing this with us. You have been such a help to others and a strong supporter/motivator. A year on JUDDD has done wonderful things for you, and I cannot imagine running a mile in 6 minutes!!! Or running a mile at all. Your pictures are both gorgeous and you look *younger* now! Hope your mouth continues to heal quickly and that you're feeling 100% soon!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
You are gorgeous in both pictures and what a positive post! Uggh..sorry about the painful tooth - and inflammation is a notorious weight gainer.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Tanya and
You were one of the first Buddds I felt really connected to. You posted about being ashamed of the 200lb woman you saw in the mirror and I cried and cried as I read your post, because I truly felt the same way. We have both come so far... And you are right, JUDDD has given me way more that a 74 pound loss. I has given me my joy of life back and a healthy relationship with food. Plus all my Buddds. My year on JUDDD is on the 28th, but I started my weight loss earlier in 2012 also.

Enjoy your anniversary my dear bud!
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Thank you for your truly beautiful post, and thank you for your honesty in sharing the struggles of your journey.
Stories like yours give me hope. You are an inspiration!
I hope you start to feel better - nothing worse than a bad tooth & the aftermath. You're in our thoughts - the positive healing power of the JUDDD BUDD collective!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Librarygirl, mojocat, Yennie, and Carly thank you!!!

Carly- I remember that post. I remember crying so hard as I typed that out. That was the first time I ever admitted to anyone other than myself how truely unhappy and miserable I was. I think of that post now as a motivation. I changed those feelings, because I hated having them! I mean I still think ugggh sometimes, but not as often as I used to!! The uggh is more a "uggh my hair is crap today" rather than the "uggh your so freaking ugly" thing now!! I am sorry I made you cry! I cant wait to celebrate your year!!!!!! You have done so great!!! I am so proud of you!!!!

Last edited by krow134; 03-15-2013 at 07:35 PM..
Old 03-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shepheka
Stats: 130/118/110
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: April 4,2014
There it is. You have just inspired me. This is why I come here. And you are a beautiful girl, in both pictures!
shepheka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Katie, first happy juddiversary! Second, you do look great in all your pictures! And 3rd, thank you for sharing, it is encouraging to hear your story! You've come very far in a year! And I love your posts.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Tanya, what a beautiful post from a beautiful person! You have come so far in this past year, and I'm so proud of you, especially in light of the things you've had to go through. You look so pretty in both your pictures, but you definitely look slimmer and younger in the one from this morning. Love those dimples! I'm so glad we're in this thing together.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:19 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
I don't have anything useful to add, I just wanted to empathise for being derailed by 'life happens' (as it does, which is just as well because the alternative seems rather bleak).

The dimples are utterly charming
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:21 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
You have had a really rough year, and you've come out of it smaller, lighter, faster, and healthier! I call that a WIN!

BTW, I may be partial since I wear my glasses most of the time, but I love the picture with your glasses on. Gawgeous!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:36 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
What a wonderful post...I always try to stay positive when I get into funks...it is a new day..I'm gonna press on! I hope you start feeling better and once you get back into the routine allowing that JUDD magic happen ... Your gonna do great! You have a beautiful smile too. Oh yes, don't let your past dictate your future - you got this!
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Great post!
You are an amazing person.
Hope the tooth problem is healed soon and you feel much better.
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you so much everyone!!! All your words mean alot to me!!!

Dawn- lol!! Thank you!! I dont wear my glasses alot so I always think I look funny in them, because I am not used to me in them!! My daughter tells me all the time I should wear them more cause I look cute in them......just so used to not dealing with them you know!!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
What a cute picture! Happy Juddversary! Very touching post. You are absolutely right about your inner beauty. A person can have the most beautiful exterior, but if they had to wear their interior they would be very unattractive. What's in the heart is what truly matters and what makes us beautiful. From what you've shared in your thread certainly confirms your beauty! Your running is so inspiring! I've been walking and would love to start running. My knees do this crackling thing, so idk if I'll be able to, but I've started taking glucosemine (sp?) to see if it helps! Have a blessed day and great job on your journey!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #16
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Thank you for sharing!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Your running is so inspiring! I've been walking and would love to start running. My knees do this crackling thing, so idk if I'll be able to, but I've started taking glucosemine (sp?) to see if it helps! Have a blessed day and great job on your journey!
Let me let you in on a secret about the running.......I am one of these people that comes home from work and puts on sweats and gets really lazy! I told myself I needed to atleast walk so I could sit and watch tv or read my books. I started to walk a mile and it was taking to long lol!! So I started running to get it done faster!! I used to run when I was younger...heck six miles a day back then....but you know kids and life and you forget the things that once made you happy. I have enjoyed running again, its a nice stress relief too....if I am ticked off, I take off and push myself to run as fast as I can! I have a brace I wear on my right knee when I run though....I get runners knee...ever since I was a teen. That helps the cracking and pain for me. Anyways this is how and why I can run it in 6 minutes.....daughter timed me....I have to do it because I told myself no tv or books til its done....so might as well do it as fast as I can get it over with and get on with things....lol!!! Some days I do take my time and run way more than a mile....just depends on my mood or the songs on my mp3 player hahaha!! I am such a dope!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Congratulations on a year of perseverance and health improvements!!! We may not always be as far along as we'd like but it's moving in the right direction. WIN!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Thank you for your lovely post and your beautiful smiles Tanya.
I admire your policy to run before you allow yourself to chill out. Respect!!!
With self-discipline like that, JUDDD will be a piece of cake once your mouth heals - which I hope it does super fast!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/173.6/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Happy Judddiversary!!! It's your story & others like it that keep me here! Thank you so much for showing me what "real" life is like for you. Because, now I know that when life gets in the way of my progress, JUDDD is always there!

I think you look gorgeous in all of your pictures!! AND in your glasses! I wear mine more than I used to. They are just easier than contacts. Keep on keeping on!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Let me let you in on a secret about the running.......I am one of these people that comes home from work and puts on sweats and gets really lazy! I told myself I needed to atleast walk so I could sit and watch tv or read my books. I started to walk a mile and it was taking to long lol!! So I started running to get it done faster!! I used to run when I was younger...heck six miles a day back then....but you know kids and life and you forget the things that once made you happy. I have enjoyed running again, its a nice stress relief too....if I am ticked off, I take off and push myself to run as fast as I can! I have a brace I wear on my right knee when I run though....I get runners knee...ever since I was a teen. That helps the cracking and pain for me. Anyways this is how and why I can run it in 6 minutes.....daughter timed me....I have to do it because I told myself no tv or books til its done....so might as well do it as fast as I can get it over with and get on with things....lol!!! Some days I do take my time and run way more than a mile....just depends on my mood or the songs on my mp3 player hahaha!! I am such a dope!!!
Did my 30 min walk with mini-jogging mixed in (jogged for a short distance). Took my dog with me. He loved it too! I'm going to try to stretch my distances of running a little longer tomorrow.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Thanks for the inspiration! Awesome job on all fronts!

Lori
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Happy annivesary.. i started 2 weeks prior to you and i can so relate also to the shame we feel at a "number" You look amazing and you can do something not every one can,,"running" is a task i can not do today.. But one day i will!! Let this year be what you can make it.. your goal should be one step at a time, no rush , no deadlines,, there for no failure!! Look forward to sharing this 2013 with you and all the great people on this forum.. It was a God send for many including my self... JUDDD BUDDS is where the true magic lies ~ Dont think i would have gotten what i have out of my year with out them~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KarenB59
Stats: 308/308/160
Start Date: March 23, 2013
Hi, I am new to this forum and to JUDDD. I am just beginning to read through the book and hope to ACTUALLY START the Induction Phase on Saturday, March 23, 2013. I have struggled with my weight for a very long time. My problem is sticking to it. I get started, am very gung ho, and then somewhere around the 4th or 5th week, I cave. I just quit because I feel I will never get to where I want to be. I am currently 308 lbs. at 5' 7" and my initial goal weight is to just break the 200 lb. mark and be 199 lbs. After reading your story, I became more inspired. I too compare myself to others and if I have a day where I don't follow the current plan I am on, then I am very hard on myself. I never look at what I HAVE DONE, I always seem to focus on HOW I FAILED!! You are correct in looking at ALL YOU HAVE ACHIEVED even if it is not where you wanted to be at this point. I am going to try very hard to take that philosophy in my next journey. I have a very dear friend who tries so hard to keep me going and I appreciate her very much. I feel that I have let her down too sometimes.

So, enough negativity. THANK YOU so much for your story and for reminding me that I need to congratulate myself for what I have achieved so far, instead of what I have not.

I have purchased the book and I am going to finished reading it and get myself ready for my official March 23, 2013 start date.

Have a great day!
KarenB59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #25
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
What a lovely post Tanya. Is it really a year? I well remember that moving first post and later, how we all loved your sister's wedding pics.

You have had a rough year I know, but as you say, look what you have accomplished without being 'Miss Perfect'. Like most of us there are times when it is easy and many times when it is hard. But you have come back here no matter how tough it got. And you have overcome.

You are one of our most treasured JBs. By the way, those specs are great, and the dimple is to die for.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

OMGosh!! All the love!!! Thank you so much!! I wish I could hug you all through the pc monitor!!!!

Sorry, I didnt reply back sooner but I was crazy busy!! Softball season!!! Running here and there all over again!

Sterling!!! Happy Anniversary too!! I remembered I really did, but I got busy and didnt get to post a whoo hoo to you!!!

KarenB59-Welcome to the forum!!! We are all here for you no matter what, seriously if you have a bad day, tell us!! I tell you this is one of the best forums I have ever been to. Everyone here is just wonderful and so supportive all the time! We have chat thread that you can just pop into and say whatever!! I have found that has been my best support! Sometimes I feel like I dont have anyone to talk to, or complain to in RL, but here no one judges me and listens.........I remember the shamed post I made a while back....I loveeeeeeee oreo's and I love NASCAR and one day I mixed the two together and while watching the race, I didnt realize I ate the whole package of cookies.....seriously the whole brand new package.....I admitted and everyone got a good chuckle and I felt better!!! We will keep you encouraged!!!!

Ok so the general gist is everyone likes my glasses........ok...maybe I will wear them more....Contacts are really such a pain 90% of the time! That and I do like the new black ones I got.....they have little diamonds on the side....I call them my blings!!! hehe!!! I do love my dimple too, always have...I am the only one in my family with one and its makes me unique!!!!

Ok got home early from work and want to shower before I get the kiddo's off the bus!!! I still love you all and thank you so much for the kind and sweet words!!!! and !

edit to add:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Did my 30 min walk with mini-jogging mixed in (jogged for a short distance). Took my dog with me. He loved it too! I'm going to try to stretch my distances of running a little longer tomorrow.
Congrats!!!! Thats how I started out too!! Just little burst of running until I could run longer and farther.....after your reading your post I decided I will try to aim for two miles almost daily now!! Yesterday I got about the mile and half mark and ended up walking the last half, but I will get there!! So yes you helped me make a new goal for myself this year......THANK YOU!!!

Last edited by krow134; 03-18-2013 at 11:47 AM..
Old 03-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Katie

Even with the setbacks, you did far better than me (I also came here - again - last March) in this past year. I let my surgery derail me after I'd begun seeing the pounds finally start falling off. So, while you're still ahead in the game, I added almost 20 more to get off!!

You've done great and you will get to your goal!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

ty ty girls!!!

Ahhh vanilla.....I know what your going through with the gain back! I really do! Hugs to you and we are here for you!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
sweetie! You look great, and that weight will come off (and probably more too!). I know this year was hard for you (I'm feeling it too, DH is laid off again as I write this) and what I love about JUDDD is that it's teaching us (me, anyway) about not having an all-or-nothing mentality.
You can do it, you can do a variation on it, but as long as you are doing something, then you are showing to yourself.

Keep up the good (hard) work for the next year, keep showing to yourself and your family, and keep posting! We miss you when you're not around!!!!
S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KarenB59
Stats: 308/308/160
Start Date: March 23, 2013
Thanks Katie. Appreciate your feedback. What is the easiest way to roam around this site. You mentioned chat thread. How do I find this? Do you make people your buddy? How do I see if someone responds to my thread? Sorry for all the questions, just need some pointers on how to work this chat room. Not at all familiar with this kind of thing and if it gets too difficult for me I will just quit. I am pretty good on the computer, so if there is somewhere I can go to read how this all works, please direct me there.

Thanks ... Karen
KarenB59 is offline   Reply With Quote